PDA

View Full Version : blood test for kidney involvement

mountaindreamer
12-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Hello everyone,

hope each of you had a good christmas....now it is over, and i wish everyone the best of 2009.

I posted earlier about my pcp calling about my kidney(s) being "borderline functioning". I called back this morning and got the exact test that was done and the reading.

This is what the nurse reported:creatin level - 1.09 and GFR - 52

If any of you have knowledge about these levels, please let me know.

I called my urologist to see of we need to move up my appointment for a kidney ultrasound, and the office is closed....oh well, I will try to keep this in memory, and call monday.

Thanks in advance for the responses

Share a smile today,

Oluwa
01-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Mountaindreamer...

I know it is over a month ago since you posted...wondering if you found your answers or do you still need info. I will be more than happy to help. I've been in and out of the loop for a spell, duking it out with Lupus and it's cronies..rashes, hives..so I am not updated on where you have been and etc...sorry.

Glomerular Filtration Rate...GFR. A measured GFR is considered the most accurate way to detect changes in kidney status. Normal GFR varies according to age, sex, and body size, and declines with age...

Did you do a 24 hour urine collection?

Do you know what lab was used? As labs use different methods for their numbers?

From my reads 52 for a woman is low...high would be 134.

From my understanding creatine levels...for adult females, the normal level is about 0.5 to 1.1 mg/dL.

With regard to abnormal results, physicians would suspect that something is wrong if the deviation from the normal level reaches about 2 to 4 mg/dL, which can mean that there is impairment in the renal function of the kidney...

Hope my info hasn't come too late...I hope all is well with you. How did your ultrasound go? Had you had it already?

Am I day late and a dollar short?

Hugs..keep well.
Love,
OLuwa