PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS MORNING URGENT DENTIST APPOINTMENT HO HO HO

Angel Oliver
12-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone,

Oh what a night lol. I have a jaw problem where my jaw cracks and i break my own teeth...nice. Last week they made a new splint for me to wear at night.It was'nt made right and i cracked a tooth and pulled out a filling then my jaw locked.On Monday i went to the Dentist who put me on antibiotics and refilled my tooth.
My filling has fell out ive cracked another tooth and im swollen like one of those frogs lol. I look like ive got a huge double chin and you can see my glands like golf balls lol.
Last night i had total faceache.Ive just rang the emergency dentist and i have a 10am appointment to get it refilled.YIPEEEEEE!!!
I sat with a bag of frozen veg, but they were defrosting too quick lol. I am in pain.....total face ache. Ahhhh but feel better now ive told you all. What a Christmas Day i have ahead of me and im scared of the butcher....oh sorry i meant the dentist lol, but sooooooooooo grateful i have an appointment.

I hope you all have a better christmas day than me though.

Love Angel.xxx

rob
12-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Angel,

As of late, I've had the exact same problems you are having. My jaw (the tmj) was popping and cracking terribly. It would pop out forward on both sides and get stuck there. My lower front teeth would then be in front of the top ones causing me to not be able to chew my food, or close my mouth. I have also lost two molars in the past 3 months. One broke away in little pieces, another just completely snapped off as I was eating, and of course before I could realize what happened, I chomped down on the thing chipping yet another tooth. It's a miserable problem. I got a mouthpiece from my dentist that I wore for a couple of months at night, and it has helped with the TMJ, but my teeth are still cracking and crumbling.

Talk about getting a lump of coal on Christmas day, wow. When I say I understand your pain, I mean it literally. I hope you can get this filling done up and be able to enjoy a little bit of Christmas day. These things always seem to happen on weekends and holidays. Old Mr. Murphy and his stupid law strike again. My heart goes out to you. Hope you get this resolved ASAP.

Rob

Angel Oliver
12-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Hi and Merry Christmas Rob,

Everything you mention is identical to my problem.My jaw locked the day and i had to painfully manipulate it back.I think my jaw is now so far away where it really should be its been a nightmare.But thanks so much for your understanding.

Well i have just got back, had 3 injections to numb me (i cried cause it was in the roof of my mouth.He was nice and has took out my nerve,filled it with steriods n antibiotics and refilled it.

For now i am enjoying the total numbness....which i dont want it to wear off lol. I so hope when it wears off i have no pain like ive had today.I have a huge double chin, he said its the infection....so im wearing my scarf to disguise it lol.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Love
Angel.xx

sits_inthe_corner
12-25-2008, 05:29 AM
Merry Christmas to you both and my sympathies.

I deal with jaw pain from time to time. I have arthritis in my jaw :P but nothing like what you two have been suffering.

I hope Christmas is more peaceful and pain free.

Angel Oliver
12-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Ah thanks so much and i hope you have a lovely day.:)

Love
Angel.xxx

mountaindreamer
12-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi guys,

just want to tell you how incredibly sorry I am for your pain. I do not suffer from this, I hate dentists, but I now think I must find one that I can trust to help me through such emergencies should they arise.

Again, I am so sorrry, and again, I have learned from this forum of knowledge.

peace to all,
phyllis

Angel Oliver
12-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Ah hi Phyllis and thanks allot.xxxx

Danica01
12-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I could not imagine the pain you two have been having :cry: I am sending happy thoughts and warm wishes your way :wink: Merry Christmas to both of you and hopefully next Christmas will be a bit more comfortable :x-mas:

Angel Oliver
12-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Just to let you all know....I will not be on for a while as after i posted this post on christmas day my pain got worse.
Early hours of boxing day i was rushed to hospital and put on morphine.My jaw is out of sinc and dislocated.I had another horrible time with a paramedic and the hospital staff were an experience i hope you never have to go through.I took your advice and sent a massive complaint to the chief executive of the hospital.
when i was released i saw anothe emergency dentist who took out yet another nerve and had to file a big molar down.I must say i have good teeth, but cause my jaw has moved im breaking all my teeth.
I can not explain in words just how much pain i am in.The morphine is just not touching it.My face swelling is going down now, but i am talking with a lisp so not to break a tooth.
Today i spoke to the complaints office who rang me to confirm they are dealing with my letter.She will also try and get me in tmrw to see the maxofacial doctor who needs to put myy jaw back where it belongs.I have been told i may have to wait till next monday if not.

Christmas.....well i have missed it this year. Yes i feel totally so low i am crying as i type this. I didnt ask to be ill and alls i want is help to stop this terrible pain. Please pray someone helps me. In desperation i wrote a firm letter to my own doctor saying i feel totally let down.So what its christmas.....ive lost 10 pounds in a few days cause i have not eaten.Lets see if he even bothers to call me tmrw.

I so hope you all have a much better time than me this christmas.
Sorry this email is so low.....but you are making me feel better just by typing the anger out of my own head.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Love
Angel.xxx

Pretti in Pink
12-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I just whispered a prayer for you and I hope you feel some type of relief and I pray for strength for you while you endure this phase.

hatlady
12-30-2008, 03:31 PM
My prayers are joining Pinks....

Ohmy how awful...I too have TMJ and have worn through some teeth. Luckily I have a wonderful dentist who does an excellent job with the splints....the new materials take several years to chew through. The old ones wore out in months...

May your pain be lessened and may your day be brighter.

Danica01
01-02-2009, 01:23 AM
I am sending you lots of love and gentle hugs :wink: I really hope they can get this all worked out so you can feel better.

Angel Oliver
01-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts n kind words. I was actually rushed into hospital new years day and have just come out of hospital. Im still in pain with my jaw but i am on morphine for it. They pulled a good tooth out as my jaw had crunched it OUCH.....but i go to the dentist next week to be put to sleep for the other 2 teeth to be sorted.Then i see the consultant who will put my jaw back in place. I have a swollen face and a lisp as i carnt open my mouth fully.
On the up side....i have lost a stone in weight and long for the day i can eat some chocolate mmmmmm or any solid food for that matter.
I have put in my complaint to the hospital and they are dealing with the matter.
Im going for a lie down now, but i want to thank you all as i feel so lonely at the moment.

Love
Angel.xxxxxxxx

Angel Oliver
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
P.S

The ambulance driver again said to me.....'' you should be a 65 year old woman with all these pills''. I was so angry but in so much pain, i just told him to put them in my bag and zip it up. I just hope one day he doesnt have to take medication and bump into me......sad people out there i tell ya....no sympathy....just sarcastic!

Angel.xx

rob
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Angel,

I wish things were better for you right now. I've been fortunate in that the mouthpiece I am using has helped to put my TMJ back where it should be. I've not had a catastrophic failure of a tooth in about four months, but I've had a few pieces chip off. Luckily I haven't bitten down on a chip and broken something. I'm sorry things are not going well for you. I'd rather deal with a broken bone than pain in my teeth. It's that bad. I'm glad to hear you filed a formal complaint. Tell your ambulance driver that you have a rather large, and unsettled friend on the other side of the pond who would be happy to come over there and induce a "toothache" for him, just so he knows what it's like. His attitude is really, really out of line. I know you feel lonely, but know that you are not alone. Take it easy, lie down and get some rest for now. Take care of yourself, and we'll talk to you later.

Rob

Angel Oliver
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks Rob...you made me chuckle lol :)

love
Angel.xx