PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful What You Wish For

rob
12-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Hello All,

You know the old saying, "Be Careful What You Wish For, You Just Might Get It". Well, two days ago we had no snow on the ground. I was thinking how it would be nice to have a white Christmas. Here on the coast of Maine, it's not always a guarantee that we'll have snow on the ground for the 25th, unlike the inland of Maine, which gets heavy snow pretty much all the time. We get more rain than anything. That is, until yesterday.

I got up to my wish, and then some. I got my front door open and stuck a yardstick into the snow and it disappeared! 3 1/2 feet of snow in one storm. It took over three hours to get my driveway cleared out with the snowblower, and even then, without four wheel drive getting anywhere would be nearly impossible. So, be careful what you wish for!

Rob

notsurerfh
12-23-2008, 08:07 AM
we got almost 2 feet in that snazzy little storm, but living in New York we are used to it. I have to say though it's turning out to be a winter like my childhood days. Kind of miss knowing we'll have snow on Christmas. Still not sure this year. We have about 2 feet out there now but it's supposed to be 45 and rainy all day tomorrow. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Don't think I'll wish for snow though seeing as what happend to you.

KathyW1958
12-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Hi Rob,
I had to laugh. I live in South Georgia and we don't get any snow for Christmas, but boy it sure got cold lastnight big time.

Hugs,
Kathy

iseedeadmonkeys
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi rob i had to laugh at that too, the only thing il be wishing for is for all of us to have a pain and sick free one!! bless you rob u always make me smile :D x

hatlady
12-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Ah Rob!

May all your Christmas's be white....

We'll have a pretty white one too - about 6 inches on the ground and more predicted every day for the next several.

I remember the blizzards of 78/79, when we had as much as 5 or 6 FEET of snow on the ground at once, so I understand what you're thinking as you look out on the "winter wonderland."

Thank heaven it has warmed up a tad here - we're in the double digits today, I think around 15 or 20 F. And....it is snowing again. Like crazy!

May everyone here have a Christmas filled with warmth, free of pain, and if you WANT a white Christmas, come visit Rob in Maine or me in Illinois! :D

Angel Oliver
12-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Well yes i understand by reading all your posts it sounds like you have had a bad time of all that snow.But seen as though im in pain, fat face cause of steriods, broken tooth and very sore jaw oh n a headache......im going to be naughty.....lol......

I wish for snow ....i wish for snow......lol. Im in the Uk and i carnt remember the last white christmas.Wow 3foot snow would be fab......snow angels and playing with snowballs hehehehe so childish.It takes me mind off me now...so Rob i hope your snow comes my way :)

Love
Angel.xx

hatlady
12-23-2008, 02:28 PM
:D

Angel, I STILL do at least one snow angel every year, and I'm over 50. Decided I needed to do it as long as possible. Haven't gotten in this season's angel, when the snow was right, my cold was in high gear.

So...now that I'm feeling better, I know that this snow will have ANGELS in it within the next day or two!
:D

Angel Oliver
12-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Oh good im not alone yipeeeeeeeeeeeee. I love to bury myself in the snow so my poorly dog can come n find me....only thing is....she only has a couple of teeth and theyre sharp lol., so i have to move quick.lol. Just need the snow...even if only for 1 day. You have a lovely day.:)

Love
Snow Angel :) xx

sits_inthe_corner
12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Hugs rob, I was thinking of you on monday....weren't those winds a real hoot?

Saysusie
12-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Rob;
I guess that your wish for a white Christmas made it here to Southern California. Last week, we had the biggest snow fall that we've ever experienced. Where I live, we got about 1 1/2 feet of snow. People in other areas of the High Desert got up to 3 feet of snow and many were housebound for 2-3 days because the roads were snowed in. My best friend's sons had to ride their horses to meet us at the main road so that we could get groceries to them. I'd send you a picture, but I have no idea how to insert pictures here :( The snow is just starting to melt and everyone seems to have finally dug themselves out.
I suppose this proves just how powerful you are and how your words come to life :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
12-23-2008, 06:12 PM
:lol: We had hurricane force winds here.....for about five minutes I looked 23 yrs old again...the wind blew my wrinkles to the back of my head. :eating:

Angel Oliver
12-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow,

ive never experienced such snow that you all have had, i didnt realise just how bad it was.Sorry if i must have come across as not caring, its just in the Uk we hardly have any at all where i am.....wow! xx

rob
12-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow,

ive never experienced such snow that you all have had, i didnt realise just how bad it was.Sorry if i must have come across as not caring, its just in the Uk we hardly have any at all where i am.....wow! xx

Don't worry for a second Angel, you didn't come across as uncaring at all. Relax, and worry not. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Rob

Lupo
12-25-2008, 10:52 AM
You guys are lucky to get cold weather....in the South as of tight now, it' like 70 degress outside....grrr no cold...but it's still a merry christmas!! :D

Danica01
12-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh my :!: I am from northern Ohio and I have been living in Arizona for the last 8 years and I have to admit, I miss the white Christmas's :!: I know.......it's crazy :D We had a wet Christmas and we decided that that is as close as we will get to a white Christmas :wink: I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that Santa was good to all of you :!:

:x-mas:

Novastar
12-27-2008, 02:36 PM
my god, I cannot IMAGINE the snow falls like you guys are talking about! We get excited here when we get 4 inches of snow...then the novelty wears off and it turns to slush and it is a pain in the butt cos I am super clumsy and you can almost guarantee I will fall over...I have only seen snow more than a foot deep once when I went to Norway and that was really exciting! (I can imagine it might be a mare after the novelty wears off mind...)