PDA

View Full Version : Sleep/nightmares/paralysed/walking

Angel Oliver
12-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

Please can you tell me if anyone else suffers with Insomnia (4 years for me and the last year has been my worst ever)? Also, i am having such terrible nightmares and can wake up from a bad one fully awake yet the 'baddy' is in my room, i carnt see him yet i hear the laugh (like from a horror film) yet i can not move, i can not feel my body, i can not scream.Then after about 2/5 mins i get my feeling back then run out of my room. I can not go back to sleep straight after as i go back into the nightmare.
Today i had a really sad dream about a friend of mine. I wwas crying in my dream and woke up crying.Then i realised pheeeeeeeeeeeeew it was a dream.
It takes me between id say 4 to 8 hours to fall asleep. Hence the black eyes and why i walk stiff like a mummy when i wake. I have the shakes bad some mornings when i wake (my mornings start at 11am/12pm when i wake).
Or i just wake up with totally numb feet and one or two numb arms.

Is this normal with this illness?

Love
Angel.xxx

Danica01
12-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi Angel love! I do think it is normal for us to have issues with sleeping. I know I do! Right now it is almost 1 in the morning and I am completely awake :cry: I do have a question for you? If you do not mind me asking, what meds are you on? I was on something last year that made me actually hallucinate :!: It was the scariest thing I have ever been through! I saw things on the ceiling and I swore that someone was breaking into our house :!: I even made Tim sleep with our gun next to the bed......that was how real it was for me! We finally figured it was one of the medications I was on and once we stopped it, the hallucinations went away! I know sleep is very important for us. If we do not get it we could be thrown into a horrible flare that never seems to end. Have you ever asked your doctor about giving you something to help you sleep? I know there are over the counter medications that can help you sleep. I have used Tylenol Sleepy Time before and it helped a bit. Also, do you drink tea? If you do, try drinking chamomile tea before bed. I usually try to put at least three tea bags in and it will help be relax a bit :wink: It never hurts to try :!: I do feel for you and I am sending you well wishes, gentle hugs and thoughts of peaceful sleep your way :sleeping: Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Take a look at this:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/insomnia/article_em.htm

Love,
Danica

:x-mas:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Sleep paralysis, yes i still get it ive had it for years, i also get nightmares, i sing, i talk, i walk all stuff like tht, ive even been told i cook and use ppls wardrobes as toilets :lol: in my sleep, dunno what causes it or why, i have seizures during the night too, just one big joke with lupus i guess x

Saysusie
12-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I've dealt with the sleep paralysis for many, many years. Prior to being diagnosed with Lupus. I remember these frightening experiences from when I was a child. I could hear my family talking, I could hear the television and feel movement around me. In my mind, I am screaming to them "Please, come over here and wake me up..please, can't you see that I can't move! Somebody please wake me up!!!" Alas, this was always to no avail because of the paralysis, my vocal chords were not working and my mouth was not moving.
It would often take 5-10 minutes of this before my body actually "woke up". It is (and continues to be) an extremely frightening experience!

Mild sleeping pills and chamomile tea work for me sometimes :?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
12-22-2008, 01:06 PM
PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW,

I am so glad its 'normal'....oh how spoilt we all are ...NOT!!!

I was on anti deps, but during my time over a course of 2 years on them, i saw a ufo, my dog dissapeared, i nearly jumped out of my window...then what made me stop them was when i saw my Dads feet walk past my Mams room He died in 1992.....so funny now to think of it....but certainly not at the time lol.
I was on Temazepam, but i would take it then still be awake.As soon as morning came i fell asleep, so i missed whole days. I now take Nitrazepam, which dont always work....like last night, went bed at 11 with the pill...went sleep at maybe 4am up at 7.30 as i broke a tooth in my sleep....nice! Dentist is sending me to hospital as my jaw keeps locking.
Now...i dont use the wardrobe as a toilet YET lol....but there is always time hehehehehe. I just carnt stop bursting for a wee at night....i wee for England.They should design a bed with a hole in so you dont have to leave the bed lol. Im 39.....lol.
Oh the paralysis...hearing people around you....oh i so recognise that. Is there anything to stop that? A miracle maybe?
I must say, im on antibiotics and i took painkillers after coming back from the Dentist today and i had the sleeping pill early hours.Well i lay on the bed and fell asleep without warning....in my dream i was taking the car on a lead for a walk...yes a car!! At least it wasnt that scarey man lol.

Thanks everyone for putting my mind at ease yet again. I hope you have a lovely day.

Love
Angel.xxx

Danica01
12-26-2008, 12:33 AM
I know it does not help with the physical discomfort of the disease but it sure does help with the emotional aspect of it when you discover you are not alone and others are going through the same thing :wink: See, more people suffer just like you :!: You are definatly normal, ok, as normal as we can all be...hehehehehehe :wink: :wink: I hope this finds you a bit more rested :sleeping: I am thinking of you :angel: