PDA

View Full Version : Christmas hustle and bustle!

DrinkofWtr
12-19-2008, 08:48 AM
This Christmas hustle and bustle is really getting to me! How are the rest of you coping with this holiday season?

Angel Oliver
12-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Yes i understand that. But for me i am near enough housebound and feel i am still in 2004, when my plight began. I miss having the 'happy' emotion and getting excited cause Christmas is here. I so want to enjoy it, but i am trapped in my own mind, emotionless (except the sad one of course). I am existing but realise Christmas is here.People ask...'are you ready for Christmas' i play along and say yes bla bla bla. Years have past by me, i am now 39, still feel time is passing me by, life is being lived by everyone else but me. Christmas is just another day......which i'll probably still be in bed for. Just hope im still young when i get my Christmas spirit back.If you see it, please grab it and email it me lol :)

Angel.xxx

rob
12-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I've simplified my life in regards to Christmas. I buy everyone a gift card from their favorite store, and I do it way early so I don't have to go near any stores or malls during the Christmas rush. My dad will come pick me up and I'll spend the day at their house with the rest of the family. I don't have to really do anything. If I'm feeling good, I'll socialize, if not, I just put my brain on autopilot for the afternoon and just nod to people alot. It's pretty stress free.

notsurerfh
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
my daughter is 5 and is just getting the hang of christmas. I really look forward to it and how much fun it is to be with my family. I haven't really disclosed everything going on and I think alot of that is because it's so close to xmas. Once I have a definite answer then we will all sit down and go over it. My husband is worried about the expenses because all of these tests are going to be expensive. But i need to know what is wrong with me and the sooner the better. sometimes i just want to sit down and cry but i don't i keep on moving. because i think once i let that settle in I will become depressed and not be able to get over it.

Saysusie
12-19-2008, 11:58 AM
I just basically run away from home in order to avoid it completely! :?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
12-19-2008, 12:05 PM
I too simplified everything (we are ordering pizza for Christmas Eve), I bought presents early as I saw them instead of all at once shopping, I avoid busy times at stores, etc.

My grandchildren are 4 and 5, and I am looking forward to sharing Christmas with them, however, like Rob, I will probably do what I need to kick into autodrive, smile, and be thankful that we are together. After all, we will feel like ____ no matter where we are.

If Santa could grant one wish for me it would be that each of you has a Christmas Day of smiles.....

Phyllis

Danica01
12-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I love Christmas but when you feel yucky it is hard to get too excited :( This year has been rough with my Lupus and yesterdays surgery so we moved ALL of our Christmas stuff up stirs! The tree is in the bedroom.....lights in the bathroom and Santa in the hall! Being surrounded by it has helped me get excited.......even if I am still in bed and will be for Christmas :wink:

I have also simplified by not hesitating to tell people no or to even send all the gifts out a little late. It is what it is and there is nothing myself or anyone can do about it :wink:

We are not traveling and it will be just Tim and I. We are looking forward to the quiet day and night and will ejoy it, just the two of us :D

Angel! I think I fould your Christmas spirit, it is wrapped up under my tree! You need to fly to Arizona and unwrap it :wink: :!: :wink: :!:

Merry Christmas to all of you and may we each have a healthier new year than the last!

:x-mas:

Angel Oliver
12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh lol.....i actually chuckled then......my cat looked at me thinking....dont hear that often (my laughing) lol :) Give it Santa......he'll deliver it to me.....thanks lol. :)

Love
Angel.xxx

Danica01
12-22-2008, 12:35 AM
I am sending it first class on Santa's slay Thursday night! You will wake up with your Christmas spirit on Friday.....I promise :wink:

:x-mas: