PDA

View Full Version : Drs. Visit

DrinkofWtr
12-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Well I went to the Dr., and he prescribed Omeprazole, generic for Prilosec. He said I had all the classic symtoms of acid reflex disorder/disease. I don't think this medication is working very well for me, so I am going to ask him for Prevacid, instead.

At the same time I got a flu shot which, I must admit, I was afraid to get. I felt fluish for about a day, but woke up the next morning feeling good. Will see, if I come down with the flu this winter? I am now considering getting a pneumonia shot. I had walking pneumonia 2 years ago. I heard that the shots are good for 10 years. Is that true?

Angel Oliver
12-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi,

I dont know whether its similar, but i take Lansoprazole for acid reflux, but i am in the UK, so could be the same under another name maybe. I also have had the flu injection ...touch wood....no flu yet and hopefully it'll stay away, cause i have not been in contact with many ill people.....well any people in general lol. I have suffered badly with flu in the past and since having the injection.......this is my second year i have been lucky. The first time i had it, i was in contact with germy people then had the shot n got flu. Just unlucky, i told the people off n said they had to wear a bag on their head lol.
I am not sure on the pnumonia one ive never had it...but if it is 10 years it lasts ...fab!!!! I hope you are still feeling ok and that when you change your a r pills they work better for you.

Love
Angel.xxx

Danica01
12-19-2008, 01:28 PM
The shot IS good for 10 years!!!!! I tried to get one but they said I was not old enough and that Lupus patients had to get it from their doctor.....oh poo! I did get the flu shot and I know it was for the best! I hope it helps you out this year :wink: