PDA

View Full Version : Lupus House

iseedeadmonkeys
12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
I had this idea there should be such a place called a lupus house, so when we are all depressed or flaring we should be given the opitunity to go and stay there for as long as it takes, so that family and friends who do not understand it dont need to go on and on about how we all think its in our heads, i guess the lupus house could be a respite place, and we would all pick each other up cause we would spend alot of our time bouncing off each other, lol we wouldnt need to worry about financial stuff cause the house staff would take care of all our money probs, and there would be a lupus house in every county/state depending which part of the world you live in, there would be qualified staff there to help us on the onset of a flare and a medical team for emergencies too, i love living in my world sometimes with happy thoughts, i had this idea after reading through alot of ppls posts, so when ure feeling down and feel like you cant go on, close ure eyes and go to The Lupus House founded by iseedeadmonkeys :lol: xx

rob
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
And with your reputation as a partygoer, I bet it would be pretty fun too! We could even put up a punching bag with a picture of our least favorite rheumotologist on it and call it anger management therapy. Seriously, I wish there were someplace like that. It sounds pretty good to me. The world of your imagination and dreams sounds like a pretty nice place to be.

Rob

Saysusie
12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I love the idea of a respite Lupus House and am really on board with the punching bag!!

Great idea, even if it only exists in our hopes and dreams! :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
12-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi,

Yes its a good idea....can we bring our sleeping bags lol ? :)

Danica01
12-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes,I will be checking in on January 1st and will be staying FOREVER!!!!!! I love the idea. I think it would be a great place for us to go and heal and to be pampered and spoiled :wink:

Novastar
12-27-2008, 04:25 AM
Oooooo can I come too?? that sounds like a brilliant place to be...although the punch bag for me will be my haematologist - he was an idiot! and we could have massages and cake...

Danica01
12-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cake :!:

Oooooo can I come too?? that sounds like a brilliant place to be...although the punch bag for me will be my haematologist - he was an idiot! and we could have massages and cake...

iseedeadmonkeys
12-28-2008, 02:03 AM
of course you can have massages and cake......everything is there and paid for by the goverment :D

Novastar
12-28-2008, 05:17 AM
my, aren't the Government just too good to us?? free cake and massages?? I think I am in cake heaven just thinking about it...lemon cake, and chocolate fudge cake and cheesecake and angel cake and carrot cake and sponge cake and muffins and treacle tarts and custard and cream...aarrgghhh....dribbling....(I am never going to fit in my wedding dress)

iseedeadmonkeys
12-28-2008, 06:23 AM
well arnt you just a tad greedy lol!!, x

Danica01
01-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, now you all are making me hungry for cake!!!!!!!!!!! I make the best red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.........I will be dreaming about that tonight :wink: :wink: Have they built it yet :?: :?: :?: :?:

Gisèle
01-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I'll come! :)
And that red velvet cake sounds very good right now, Danica! :lol:

Danica01
01-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I would make one especially for you!!!!! Lets go!!!!!

I'll come! :)
And that red velvet cake sounds very good right now, Danica! :lol:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-03-2009, 08:45 AM
What is a red velvet cake anyways?

Danica01
01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
I would let you have this becaus it does not have toooooooo much chocolate in it :wink: It is a very moist coco cake that you put red food coloring in to make it red :!: You then make a cream cheese frosting that is sooooooo good. You use melted marshmallows in the frosting to make it light and fluffy :!: You would love it :D Tim and I ate the whole thing in about three days and loved every minute of it! He told me I can only make it at Christmas because it is so good and if we could we would eat it every day :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Dani,
That sounds really odd :? but i love to bake and make things so i will ask you for recipe? so i can give it a go, for christmas from my sis i got everything to make cup cakes and a lovely book of which ones to do, il make some take pics of them u join facespace and u can see them lol xx

Danica01
01-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Here is the recipe I used!!!!! You will not be disappointed :wink: Tell me what you think after you have made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/grandmother-pauls-red-velvet-cake-recipe/index.html

hatlady
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
OOOOh! This house sounds wonderful!

Add a spa with a hot bubblebath always at the ready, and a warm thick terry robe to climb into afterwards.....

A big soft cushy chair to sink into with a warm throw on top and a good book.

I'll check in today!

And iseedeadmonkeys? I'll have a BIG piece of that red velvet cake wheh you're done.... :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Challenge set then?! lol
no problem chicks
:D
:D:D
:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D

Danica01
01-04-2009, 11:34 PM
You're the best :!: :!: :!:

Larz77
01-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Wow, this sounds like such a good idea. Maybe a place like a converted hotel. Exercise room, pool, spa. Now all we need is a rich, wonderful, caring benefactor who would set this up for us. We could live rent free and pitch in where we could.

Too wonderful. To be there supporting each other. Perhaps hire our own Rheumy.

Well, our lottery is getting up there, maybe I buy a ticket....

Larry

Danica01
01-09-2009, 08:03 PM
We will have the Rheumy come in and sit in front of a pannel of us. We can interview them and send them away if we think that the care they will give is not good enough...hehehehehehe :D They will feel like we do at times :!: Finally we will find our own Rheumy and even a massage therapist to rub our backs and legs EVERY DAY! Oh, and a world class chef :!: :!: Have I told you I just moved in.....even if it is in my head :wink:

Wow, this sounds like such a good idea. Maybe a place like a converted hotel. Exercise room, pool, spa. Now all we need is a rich, wonderful, caring benefactor who would set this up for us. We could live rent free and pitch in where we could.

Too wonderful. To be there supporting each other. Perhaps hire our own Rheumy.

Well, our lottery is getting up there, maybe I buy a ticket....

Larry

rob
01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
We could do it like a James Bond movie. If the Rheumo doesn't meet our standards, we press a button, the floor opens up, and he falls into a tank full of alligators, or maybe out of the bottom of a blimp a thousand feet up or something. We'll get back to you Doc-NOT! Next! I also think we should have a fully stocked bar, and belly dancers every Friday.

Danica01
01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
I think the trap door things is great!!!!!! They will be working for us and we sure are a tough crowd!!!! All of that made me giggle :D Stocked bar.........check :!: Belly dancers on Fridays...............only for you Rob, check :!: I think we should have drinking fountains that constanly give out fruit punch.........anyone see Mr. Deeds :?: :?: :lol:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-10-2009, 04:28 AM
I think we should have a chocolate fountain in every room (just incase) of course!

a new drug like mtx but one we can drink on (i might have to spike those fruit fountains hahaha)

it wouldnt be so much a house but a massive dome thats always warm for us!

we would have a raving room for those of us (me) who likes raving :D :D

ermmmmmm

Larz77
01-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Looks like we will need an activities director, so set up different things, like movie night, square dance night, shuffle board, etc. Organize activities like the belly dancers for Rob (and as most Lupies are women, perhaps bring in the Chip and Dale's). Needing a place to rant reminds me that we will need a staff Psychologist/Psychiatrist. Saysusie can fill in with general questions and newbie orientations! Add an accupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor and nutritional advisor would be nice.

I'm excited...

Larz

Danica01
01-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I completely forgot about the staff Psychologist!!!!! We have to have one......all cool houses do :D I can't wait any longer :!: :!: :!:

Looks like we will need an activies director, so set up different things, like movie night, square dance night, shuffle board, etc. Organize activies like the belly dancers for Rob (and as most Lupies are women, perhaps bring in the Chip and Dale's). Needing a place to rant reminds me that we will need a staff Psychologist/Psychiatrist. Saysusie can fill in with general questions and newbie orientations! Add an accupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor and nutritional advisor would be nice.

I'm excited...

Larz

Saysusie
01-12-2009, 07:17 PM
:D :) :D :) :P

Rastagirl
01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey all,

I am definitely showing up at this house!! I LOVE all your ideas. :D

May I make a few suggestions for the house............

Perhaps we could have a Manicurist/Pedicurist on staff, a room full of beautiful wigs for those of us losing our hair, and something along the line of a Hollodeck (like on the Starship Enterprise) where we could tell the computer that we want to go somewhere like 'Jamaica', and the door would open and there would be the most gorgeous beach with white sand and palm trees and blue green ocean and warm, inviting sun that would give us a beautiful tan and no flares!! 8) 8) :D

What do ya think?

Lori :)

Angel Oliver
01-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Fab idea...i am there already in my dreams ahhhhhhhhhhhh lol.

Love
Angel.xxxx

rob
01-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey all,

I am definitely showing up at this house!! I LOVE all your ideas. :D

May I make a few suggestions for the house............

Perhaps we could have a Manicurist/Pedicurist on staff, a room full of beautiful wigs for those of us losing our hair, and something along the line of a Hollodeck (like on the Starship Enterprise) where we could tell the computer that we want to go somewhere like 'Jamaica', and the door would open and there would be the most gorgeous beach with white sand and palm trees and blue green ocean and warm, inviting sun that would give us a beautiful tan and no flares!! 8) 8) :D

What do ya think?

Lori :)

A Holodeck like on Star Trek. That's the best idea I've heard yet! We could tell the computer to make all the servants at our beach resort look like our least favorite rheumo's and doctors. They could serve us drinks and fan us with giant palm fronds all day long. I could have an entire busload of belly dancers. The possibilities are endless!

sisterbigbone47
01-15-2009, 04:51 PM
hello all

i'm so ready !!!!!! good :idea: can we also have a james bond movie night
my favorite :?: along with lot of laughs and fun- :D

see yall there

life is great
everyone have a great one
take it day by day
:D :wink:

Angel Oliver
01-16-2009, 07:26 AM
(Angel arrives here with a sleeping bag)

Right......can i have the address now for the Lupus house please.....i need a massage, relaxation, understanding and to forget alllllllllllllllll my problems. :)

Love Angel.xxx

Rastagirl
01-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Most definitely a James Bond movie night. :2gunfire:

And if we have it on the Holodeck, we could actually have James Bond there with us. All 4 of them......Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig. (Since I know everyone has their personal favorite.)

And yes, Rob, you can have a whole truckload of belly dancers. Some of them dancing for you and some fanning you with palm fronds. And how about a Red Stripe beer?

I think that would fit in nicely with a James Bond movie .

And I like your idea, Rob, of all our bad Rheumies serving us at the Beach Resort. How about we get to ask them questions and if they don't give us answers we like, we could shoot 'em with SuperSoakers right in the face!!

Okay, I feel better now. :lol:

Happy Friday to All..............

Fondly,

Lori :D