PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Tomorrow

Danica01
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, I just wanted to let all my new friends know that I am headed into surgery tomorrow morning at 11:15. They will be removing a cyst off of my ovary and doing some laser procedure. The surgery will take about two hours and I should be able to come home tomorrow night as long as there are no complications :cry: I am a little nervous, this is my first time having surgery :cry: I just keep telling myself that this time tomorrow night I will be in my own bed :) I will need to be in bed from 2 to 5 das and not lift anything for about 6 weeks :? So, ifyou have any spare happy thoughts, please send them my way, they will not go to waste! Thank you all for your support and I will pop on as soon as I feel up to it and let you all know I am doing just fine :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-18-2008, 04:12 AM
Sending you lots and lots of smiles and hugs and chocolate....no wait you cant have my chocolate :shock: but il send you a christmas pudding instead :D you will be fine with your surgery :) good luck anyway (not that you will need it) and best wishes xx 0X

hatlady
12-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Many gentle hugs Danica, and sending thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. I'll join 'monkeys' in sending chocolate and I'll add a big poinsettia to cheer up the season.

Let us know how things went, we'll all be thinking about you - -

rob
12-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Our thoughts will be with you tomorrow Danica. My older sister had a ovarian cyst removed last year, and she did just fine. She was pretty scared too, but said afterwards that it wasn't nearly as bad as she thought it would be. Take your time, and go easy on yourself during recovery. We'll be here when you are ready. You'll do fine.

Rob

Danica01
12-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Thank you for all your happy thoughts and support :wink: It will make today that much easier :!: I will let you all know that everything went ok......hopefully tonight, but if not then tomorrow :wink: Love you all :angel:

Angel Oliver
12-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Goodluck and sending you hugs and sorry....not my chocolate.....mince pies and cheese n chive pringles with a spicy dip mmmmmm :)

Thinking of you.

Love Angel.xxx

Saysusie
12-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Wishing you a successful surgery and hoping that it resolves some of your issues. Please let us know how you are doing afterwards.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Danica01
12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Hello all! I am home in my own bed. I will keep this short because if I am laying down with the heating pad I feel the best. Surgery went well, they removed a total of 3 cysts and found a hernia. I may need to go in for more surgery to fix the hernia, but that will be later. Thank you for all your happy thoughts and warm wishes. It is pretty painful but I know it is on the mend :x-mas:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Woohoooo :D you made it, congratulations 8) glad it all went well rest up xx

Angel Oliver
12-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Just to say hello and im thinking of you.Hope the pain is easing.

Love
Angel.xxx

Danica01
12-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Slowly but surely, everyday is getting better :!: Tomorrow will be better than today and so on and so on! Thank you all for the support and love :wink:

:x-mas:

rob
12-22-2008, 06:52 AM
That's great to hear Danica. I'm glad everything went well!

mountaindreamer
12-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi Danica,

Hope your recovery is going well, I am glad that the procedure is over, and I hope you can enjoy Christmas.

Share a smile today,

Saysusie
12-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I am so happy to hear that you are recuperating well and that the surgery went well. Hang in there regarding the hernia surgery. We will be here for you for that one also.
Continue to rest and to take care of yourself.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Danica01
12-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Thank you all! I am going to go and lie down now and get some rest. I still feel very tired very early on in the day :( I guess that is my bodies way of telling me to take it easy :wink:

KathyW1958
12-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Danica,
I am glad the surgery went well. I hope you heal quickly and get your strength back.

Hugs,
Kathy

Danica01
12-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Everything is still in the healing process but I am able to enjoy Christmas with Tim :!: We go back to the doctor on the 7th and at that time I will be referred to a generl surgeon who will fix the hernia :cry: We all agreed that it is better to take care of it now and not to put it off until it becomes an emergency. One surgery down.......one more to go :!: At least I know I will heal from it and hopefully many years will pass before I need any more surgery :wink: Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you for all your love and support through this trying time :wink: I love you all :!:

Angel Oliver
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Sending lots of love and hugs.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danica01
01-02-2009, 01:21 AM
I wanted to let all of you know that I am off to see the general surgeon on Monday at 3 in the afternoon. I am hoping the surgery will be during the same week so I can start the healing process and get my tummy all straightened out :wink: Thanks for all your support and I will let you know what the doctir said Monday night :wink:

mountaindreamer
01-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Danica,

thoughts and prayers to you my forum friend. Let us know how everything goes. thank goodness for Tim.

share a smile today

karli1238
01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I hope that you have a speedy recovery. I'm sure you will feel a lot better once it is healed. I had a shunt put in my head last year and man I felt better almost immediatly. No more vision problems or headaches. It was amazing. I'll add you to my prayers...

Danica01
01-03-2009, 01:25 AM
The one thing I am looking forward to through all of this is that when I am all done I will feel so much better :!: My stomach won't hurt, I will beable to go to the bathroom easier and life wll be that much better :D Tim is great and through times of trouble you truely see ones colors and he is the color of the rainbow :smilecolros:

Danica01
01-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, I meet with the general surgeon who is going to look at the pictures of my so called hernia tomorrow :? I feel really tied because I want it to go away but I really don't know if I have it in me to go through another surgery right now. I keep reminding myself that it wasn't to bad last time and before I know it I will be up an about again :) If I don't go into surgery I am just asking for problems later on and I do not need that :!: I will let you all know what the doc says when I get home :wink:

karli1238
01-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Good luck! My dad had an umbilical hernia surgery last year. He waited until it hurt him really bad but he fells a lot better now. It good that you are doing it early so there's no infection. I hope you recover fast.

Danica01
01-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Karli! Are we the only people up at this hour????? Darn insomnia :!: Thank you for sharing your story with me. I just keep telling myself that I will feel so much better when it is done and over with :) I am going to go and try to get some sleep but I will let you know what the doctor says as soon as I get home tomorrow afternoon, appt is at 3.......sleep well Karli, that is if you can :sleeping:

rob
01-05-2009, 09:02 AM
How is your recovery going Danica? Hope you're feeling better. I also hope you don't have to endure yet another surgery. Get any new books lately?

Danica01
01-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I am recovering pretty well from the first surgery but today my hernia is really bothering me.......I guess it is a good thing they are going to look at it this afternoon :wink: I got another book in the mail on Saturday and I have three more that should be here this week!!!!!!!!!!!! I am addicted to books!!!!!!! I always tell Tim my dream room would not be a huge bedroom or bathroom but a tiny library all my own :D I am still finishing up another Harry Potter book but with all these new ones around me it is so hard not picking up all of them up and reading a bit from each :!: I always do that and my new goal is to finish one before I start another one....hehehehehehe :wink: Have you been able to read lately and if so what are you reading :?:

rob
01-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Right now I'm reading a book called 'Yeager", which is the autobiography of the famous pilot Gen. Chuck Yeager, the first man to fly faster than the speed of sound. I've been building a collection of books written by famous pilots and astronauts. All of them are autographed by the person they are about. It's always a great experience to meet these people, and to have them sign my copy. It makes the history more real for me. Last year I was able to meet one of the Tukeegee Airmen, and I also got to meet Buzz Aldrin. I'm a history buff, and I used to be a pilot, so that's where my interest stems from.

I don't know what to read next. I have a bunch of new books. I'm like you, I sometimes start 2 or 3 books at once. Have to make myself finish one before starting another. Anyway, I hope your Dr. appt. goes well today. Let us know how it goes.

Rob

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
o0o0o0o0o0 spooky look at your posts?!?!

Devil :evil: lol :D

rob
01-05-2009, 09:45 AM
It took me a second to catch that. I'm a little slow on the uptake today. By the way, my name really isn't Rob, it's Damien! Ahhhhh!! :lol:

Danica01
01-05-2009, 09:58 AM
You guys are soooooo funny :D Rob....or should I say Damien, that is sooooo cool about your books being signed!!!!! I love that kind of stuff. I do not read a lot on history but I watch a lot on tv! If I could only choose a few stations to watch it would be Discovery, History, Do It Yourself and of course the Food Network. Tim loves history and actually reads a lot of books like you. I just can not get over you having them signed by all these amazing people :lol: What an adventure :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
My dad is writing a book about anglo saxons,
my sister has a whole load of books she wrote and published about witchcraft, i have no knowledge or anything intresting to say or write about and i cant even read a book without getting bored hmm :?: my mum is like really good at maths hehehe what talent do i have here??

Danica01
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
You have the talent for creating the Lupus House :D Ok, it is just an idea right now but everything great starts with an idea :lol:

Danica01
01-07-2009, 12:22 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that I do not have a hernia :!: :!: All the pain I am feeling is recovery pain. The doctor who originally did the surgery made me think that after a few weeks I would be back to being me. The generl surgeon said that even with thhe laproscopic surgery it will take up to 3 months to heal all the way! Then he added that with everything else going on with my body we can tack on another three months to that :? At least I know what is going on and can rest a relax and allow my body this time to recover :angel:

karli1238
01-07-2009, 12:27 AM
It is great news that you don't need another surgery. Get your rest and hopefully you will recover faster than he thought.

Danica01
01-07-2009, 12:32 AM
That is my goal!!!! I don't know how you feel but ever since Lupus came into my life I have been challenging the doctors and trying to prove them wrong when they tell me I can't do something and normally I can do it :wink: This will just be another one of those challenges :!: Thanks for all your support and kind words, it helps me more than you will ever know :angel:

mountaindreamer
01-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Hi Danica,

I love your attitude, however it is a shame that you have to "prove drs. wrong" Why can't they be on our side instead of telling us everything that we can't do. I think it is because they just don't understand.....maybe if they had this disease they would have a different attitude.

Congrats on the "no hernia" report.

i wish for you to have quick and complete healing.

share a smile todayk
phyllis

Danica01
01-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree with you! I think if most people who don't understand what we go through just lived for even a few hours in our bodies they would look and treat us differently :? You are right, it is very sad that it is so hard for us to get support from the ones we need the most, our doctors!

Hi Danica,

I love your attitude, however it is a shame that you have to "prove drs. wrong" Why can't they be on our side instead of telling us everything that we can't do. I think it is because they just don't understand.....maybe if they had this disease they would have a different attitude.

Congrats on the "no hernia" report.

i wish for you to have quick and complete healing.

share a smile todayk
phyllis