PDA

View Full Version : anyone from/live in Brunswick, GA?

cnlb2005
12-17-2008, 09:13 AM
i wanted to know if anyone knows anything about Brunswick.

the weather, people, things to do, etc

mnjodette
12-18-2008, 07:02 PM
My husband's brother lives in Brunswick and we've been there several times. It's a coastal town, with very beautiful barrier islands off the coast. Not a big town, but close to places like Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA. Very hot and humid in the summer; frequently hit by heavy weather during hurricane season. Mild winters. I don't know anything about housing, accessibility or medical care there.

mountaindreamer
12-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi, I love the southern Georgia coast. The people are eccentric, down home, laid back, ocean lovers. Brunswick is definitely hot, and the sun will be an issue for a lupus sufferer.

The good thing, it is close to Jacksonville, FL and the Mayo Clinic. I am not sure about their Lupus expertise, but there is bound to be good drs. in the area.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

share a smile today

cnlb2005
12-26-2008, 08:08 PM
thank u 4 the info. actually i'm not 2 worried about the sun. i may be an anomaly but the cold is what makes me flare up. i'm looking 2 move somewhere hot. where the sun shines and there's virtually no winters

Danica01
12-27-2008, 12:45 AM
You need to move to Arizona!!!! There really is no winter and it is soooooo sunny that I actually look forward to the rainy,cloudy days :D Tonight it is a bit chilly but tomorrow is all sun :!: I used to live in northern Ohio and moving here is like night and day. The summer heat can be a bit much but where else can you be outside every day of the year :wink:

thank u 4 the info. actually i'm not 2 worried about the sun. i may be an anomaly but the cold is what makes me flare up. i'm looking 2 move somewhere hot. where the sun shines and there's virtually no winters