PDA

View Full Version : phone call

notsurerfh
12-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Just heard back from my doctor and got some things ruled out. Not mono like they originally thought, not RA test was negative, still have protein and blood in my urine, and the back x-rays show just arthiritis. She didn't mention the lupus test or a few others she took so may have results but she wants to do more blood work to test for other possibilites. I also have to have another CT scan to find out why my spleen is enlarged if I don't have mono. They want to take a closer look at my liver too. Kind of stressed but at least she believes me now. She is calling me after hours and pushing my stuff to the front. It makes me nervous because it sounds like something is serious but she keeps reassuring me that we'll get it all figured out. So wish me luck with the scan and blood work and hopefully I'll get an actual diagnosis so we can start treatment. At least it feels like progress and I know it's because I put my foot down and insisted on blood work. I took a list of my symptoms and conerns and gave it to her in black and white and now she realizes I'm not making it up. I have been sketchy with details with my family because I don't want to upset them until I'm sure. I just have to keep positive and accept it as it comes. Thanks again for all of your support and listening to me. I just can't discuss this with anyone close to me right now. I know they would be supportive but I don't want to keep getting them scared or hopeful until I know for sure. At least I don't feel like my heart is going to explode from nerves. Just getting it off my chest makes a huge difference.

rob
12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
I sounds like you are indeed making progress, and it sounds like your Dr. is on top of things, both good things. It also sounds like you have taken charge and indeed put your foot down. I hope our support, and pep talks have helped. You will get this figured out, and once you have an answer, much of your fear will subside. That's the way it was for me. I know it sounds strange, but being diagnosed was a relief. You are doing all the right things, and your Dr. is listening to you, you will have an answer soon. Until then, stay positive, and talk about whatever you need to here, we'll listen! Hope you have a good day.

Rob

Angel Oliver
12-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Sending you lots of luck and love n a big hug .xxxxxx

notsurerfh
12-17-2008, 10:54 AM
I have felt better in the past week than the past year and I know it's because I have you guys to talk to and most important listen to me. I know I can get through this and although I'm scared to death it will be better to know and deal than to pretend it's not happening to me. I know it's okay to throw myself a pity party sometimes and it's even better for me to help someone else through one of their own. It is so great to just know I am not ALONE! I can't express how grateful I am to everyone on here. I will keep you posted when I get the results of the rest of my tests.

Danica01
12-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I am sending you well wishes in the hope that you find answers soon :angel: