PDA

View Full Version : Doctor update

Larz77
12-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, went to a new Rheumy. My lab work on the Lupus came back with the following being high:

ERS 19
Anti Nuclear AB- Positive
Anti DNA - 26.7
C3 Compliment 162
IGG 130.3
IGM 35.6
Ani Chomatin B Mod Positive 40-80 units.

I don't know what most of this means. I know the ERS isn't that high. My original Rheumy didn't think much of the results. The Rheumy I just seen does think this shows something. She suggested doing a kidney biopsy as it's been so many years. I'd perfer not to (hated it the first time). My kidneys have been stable, I pass protein (100) in my urine and trace of blood. But my Creatinine Clearance has been 1.1-1.2 for a long time, BUN has been good as well. So I'm in a quandry. Do I stick with the original or go with the new doctor.

I've still been feeling crummy... It's getting frustrating for sure. All thoughts are welcomed!

Larry

KathyW1958
12-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi Larry,
I think that you should stick with the new Rheumatologist and get the kidney biopsy done to see if you have Lupus Nephritis. Has she put you on any different medications?

Hugs,
Kathy

Larz77
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Well, keep in mind I had a biopsy back in 1994. I know I had something going on in there. at the time they told me a third of the kidney was destroyed, a third under attach and a third healthy. I guess I'm scared it has gotten worse. Would think my results would be worst though. Of course, that and I hated having this procedure done. It also requires a hospital stay and that's never fun. So a lot of bagage there. I guess if I knew there was active disease there and not just results of the damage from the first attack, I'd feel more inclined.

She didn't prescribe anything, but told me to take more vitamin D (I was 15, up to 25 which is the low end of normal, but she wants it at 40). She also told me to take fish oil every day (odd??).

What is preplexing to me is that I feel worse than my tests look. So what is wrong with me...I keep dropping weight. But I would think that if there was something other than lupus going on, that would show up for pete sake. Oh well...what do you do!

Larry

mountaindreamer
12-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Larry,

My rheumy has me adding Calcium with vitamine D, Vitamin B shots weekly, and fish oil everyday to my Lupus treatment efforts. Not sure about the reason for each, but I believe it is an effort to lessen long term effects of treatment meds.

Good luck
Phyllis