PDA

View Full Version : I haaaaaaaaaaaate this

sickntired
12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I have to get a kidney biopsy :cry:

Saysusie
12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Many of us have had to have a kidney biopsy. We survived it and are here to help you understand the procedure etc., if you like. We will be here for you if you need us!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I too am interested in getting more information on kidney biopsy. Procedure, recovery, etc. Thanks everyone,

Danica01
12-16-2008, 07:16 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your kidney biopsy! We are here and will help you get through this :!: Just hang in there and un-laod you worries and concerns on to us :angel:

sickntired
12-16-2008, 07:17 AM
I'm mostly scared about the results. The nephrologist told me what the worst case scenario would be and that would be another year and a half of heavy doses of steroids and other medicines. I couldn't deal with that nor do I think I would do that. I just feel like mine IS going to be the worst case scenario, bc everything else has gone so wrong.

Danica01
12-16-2008, 07:31 AM
You have every right to be scared :!: I would feel the same way you do if it was happening o me. Sometimes it looks as though there will be no end to the pain and suffering we go through. Sometimes when I take my medicine I think that it makes me feel worse more than makes me feel better :( Then I try to remember that this is what my body needs to keep going at a functioanl pace. Please, hang in there. I will keep my chin up for you :wink: Lets cross our fingers that the Christmas present you will get this year is a report of healthy kidneys! I wish there was more we could do to ease your mind and fears :( Please, do not hesitate to ask for anything :!:

:angel:

mnjodette
12-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the kidney biopsy. I know people who've had that done, and were on higher doses of steroids for a while, to get nephritis under control. No one likes the thought of that - I would dread it, too. I was on as much as 50 mg and I just hated what it did. BUT, it also helped me manage my lupus, so I'm grateful for that. We just need to keep pressing for research into a treatment that doesn't require steroids. In the meantime, we do what we have to.

Hugs and prayers to you. Keep us posted on your results.

Jody

hatlady
12-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Hugs dear! We're here for you - - and working on the BEST case scenario for the results.

Angel Oliver
12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi,

Sending you love n hugs.

Angel.xxx

sickntired
12-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Well I had my biopsy done last Friday, let me tell you, not the most comfortable thing. I'm a little smaller so they don't have much room for mistakes (is what the dr. said) so I have a hematoma now which basically just made the recovery more painful bc I have a huge bloody bruise on my kidney. The actual procedure was a cake walk bc you are all numbed up. Shortly after my procedure while I was in recovery and the drugs started to wear off I freaked out a little, I thought I couldn't breathe (but it just hurt to take deep breaths) They gave me pain medicine and I calmed down shortly after. The absolute worst part of the whole procedure is having to use a bed pan. Most disgusting thing of my life. The recovery in the hospital was hard bc I wasn't allowed to get off my back for 24 hours and It was extremely uncomfortable, I never got to sleep :( but thank god I'm home now, I developed a fever they think it is from not taking deep enough breaths but I am getting an ultrasound tomorrow just to be sure. I am still in a little pain and still taking meds. I am SO scared for friday bc thats when I find out the results. Not going to be a very good christmas present I don't think. Pray for me please I am so scared for the worst.

Danica01
12-23-2008, 12:04 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers :wink: I will ask Santa to bring good news to you for Christmas :!: I would be very nervous too :!: Just breath and we will get through this. I hope this finds you in a little less pain and hopefully sleeping soundly :sleeping: Keep us updated on everything you find out. :wink:

:x-mas:

Angel Oliver
12-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Ah wow you've been so brave. I will say a prayer for you ! Sending you love and really gentle hugs.One day at a time! Try and have a good Christmas if you can though.You are in my thoughts.

Love
Angel.xx

mountaindreamer
12-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi sick and tired,

thank goodness that procedure is over. I can not imagine anyone being able to make me lie flat on my back for 24 hrs. I could not stand the pain..How on earth did you manage that.

I am so sorry that your christmas is turning out this way. Please let us know what you find out on friday.

Phyllis

Furrydog
12-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Hope the results are not too awful.

hugs