PDA

View Full Version : Omega 3

iseedeadmonkeys
12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I appoligise if this has already been done and im pretty sure it has i just cant find it, :shock:

Omega 3 fish oil- i have read a study tht taking this once a day is very good for ppl with lupus (which would make sence really) it reduces our risk of getting heart defects, well ive been taking it for longer than i got the diagnosis and intend on taking the fat horse like capsule too lol :D

Saysusie
12-15-2008, 05:44 PM
There are a lot of sites promoting omega-3 fish oil for Lupus. All that I can say is that there have been no clinical studies approved by the FDA with reference to omega-3 fish oil and Lupus. So its use is purely a personal decision. Best Of Luck

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
12-16-2008, 03:19 AM
ok thanx :D x

Gisèle
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I've read that Omega 3 helps with inflammation - I was even thinking about asking my rheumy if Omega 3 pills would help any.

Just to add, Kashi granola bars have Omega 3 in them, and they are very good, especially the honey almond.

Pretti in Pink
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Those Kashi bars are great and I didn't even know about the Omega 3.

Danica01
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM
I may have to pick some of those up and try them! I think I am going to ask my doctor if Omega 3 will help me too :D

karli1238
01-03-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm going to ask my rhuemy at my appt on monday. I have been thinking about it for awhile and the eye dr suggested it also. Hey what's another pill when you already take handfuls. LOL!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-03-2009, 06:32 AM
There seems to be omega 3 in everything you buy these days lol, which makes me wonder if italians live longer than your average person because of their diet hmm intresting thought, i also take milk thistle to keep my liver working well lol dunno if it actually works but i belive its doing summin (in the mind) hmmm maybe lol :D x

sits_inthe_corner
01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I've been taking omeg 3 fish oil and glucosamine tablets for over two years now....frankly I'm not sure if it's helping or not.

My 12 yr old dog is also taking both :lol: and he swears by them.

Soon as he hears them rattle in the bottle he comes running. I don't have to hide them in anything. He eats them right out of my hand. I have to be careful which glucosamine tablets I get. Some contain sulfate and that's a big no no for me.

I need the ones with hydrochloride. The glucosamine helps to build up the protective tissue in your joints.

I was going to stop taking them. But after seeing how well my dog reacted to them I decided to stick with it.

Sounds silly, I know, but if I stop taking them maybe I'd find out the hard way how much they really are helping.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
SITC,
that made me chuckle :lol:

also i take hayfever pills (1 a day) and ive noticed that if i miss taking these my whole body itches i think its a side affect from taking the wafarin! im still on a high dose of tht and its gone up over the past 2 years too, im glad ure dog swears by it lol :D, i will ask about tht stuff, every little helps and my gawd we need it :)

Jaynie
05-08-2013, 11:31 PM
My renal vasculitus dr says that you need to take 6-18 grammes so I take 6x1000mg tabs. Dunno if it works tho! Mad eh?