PDA

View Full Version : About a Terrible Dream I had

KathyW1958
12-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi all,
I am wondering what a dream that I had last night could possibly mean. Last night I went to sleep and boy I dreamt that I was driving somewhere in my car when a fog suddenly came up and I could not see the road. I did not think to stop the car and thought that it would be ok. Well this is in the dream, all of a sudden the car went right off the road and down into a deep revine. I woke up yelling holy cow am I dead. My husband woke up with a start and said what is going on with you, go back to sleep. Needless to say he was not happy. I was so scared that I instantly started sweating and having a horrible time breathing. I was so frightened by this nightmare that I got up and stayed up the rest of the night as I was to afraid to go back to sleep. What would cause me to dream something this terrible? Thank you all for listening.

Hugs,
Kathy

hatlady
12-10-2008, 03:21 PM
What a frightening dream!

I occassionally have nightmares - and went through a series of three or four of them in the year after I was diagnosed with lupus. For me, I finally realized they represented the break between "life as it was" and "Life as it is." When I was finally able to process that, I was able to better move forward, and the dreams stopped. Who knows why any of us have nightmares, though.... our minds are amazing things, working in strange ways as we sleep.

Many hugs - you've had a difficult time lately, and we're all here to listen and support you.

mountaindreamer
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Kathy,

Hope you are feeling ok today. I am not able to take sleeping pills because of horrible night mares. I have tried various kinds and strengths, all with the same results.

I would rather stay up all night watching HGTV than have nightmares.

Good luck in solving this one,
Phyllis

Lula2ya
12-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi Kathy,
I think you are probably stressed and overwhelmed by what your family has just gone through losing your sister-in-law. A lot of times losing someone makes us think about our own mortality whether conscious or subconscious. Hope you sleep better tonight.

KathyW1958
12-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Hi all,
I had a better nights sleep last night.

Hugs,
Kathy

rob
12-11-2008, 04:49 AM
I have bad dreams like that from time to time. The more hellish ones have been associated with various traumatic events, it's like I'm re-living the experience. I guess we all have nightmares sometimes. I agree with the others that it has to do with stress and problems you are going through. A shrink would probably interpret your dream as having to do with a feeling of being out of control, or having no control over what direction your life is headed. Glad you finally got some sleep last night.

Rob

DrinkofWtr
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Kathy W.,

I get those kind of dreams when I am under a lot of stress. For me, they seem to go away when the stress lessens and when I feel more secure. I am sorry you are having them for they can indeed be awful!