PDA

View Full Version : sleepless night

kim,l
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
well i was awake all night with pains and severe headache and hot sweatsused walking stick for first time yesterday sometimes i feel so useless sorry feeling a little depressed today. have 2 questions if anyone can help can you use hair dyes with lupus and can you use hot tub to help with pain or will it make it worse would appreciate any answers you could give sorry for whinging hope you are having alright day many hugs and good wishes to all kim l

KathyW1958
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi Kim,
I have used hair dyes on my hair, but have not in a long time. I imagine it should be ok as long as you don't have any open sores on your head.

I have never used a hot tub, but I think that it would help with the pain.

Hugs,
Kathy

mountaindreamer
12-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I continue to use hair rinses - not dyes... Went into a warm swimming pool once and subsequently had one of my worst flares.....I do not go near them. But, I suffer terribly with my hands. They get red, and burning. So, I think the hot water swimming/arthritis aerobics aggravated everhting. It might be fine for others with different symptoms.

Good luck to you,

hatlady
12-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I love my long hot baths.....and for me they are helpful. I guess it varies by the person.

As far as hair dyes, I heard once that the coal tar in them was bad for us. But that was a long time ago - maybe Saysusie has more info? I stay away from dye, but do use henna - which is a plant product. It isn't permanent color, but gradually washes out. Helps with shine and body.