PDA

View Full Version : Things cant get any better!

SandraC1983
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Well on the good news part since everyone was so worried about me not having a heater. My son asked my mother to take him to our landlords house yesterday. LOL the power of a child. He told the woman my mommy is cold and she is sick. If it gets to cold my mommy will get sicker and we will have to take her to the hospital. From what my mom tells me my son started crying and told my landlord, what would you do if you were sick like my mommy. We don't all fit at my grandmas. I didn't know about this until this morning. Well around 8:00am i heard a knock on my door. OH ROB BTW ITS SNOWING HERE!!!! It was my land lord and she gave me a hug and told me your son came to talk to me and I am truly sorry she brought two electric heaters and said i will pay your electric bill and You will have a new heater installed tomorrow by noon. I cried . The pain I have been in these past couple of days are just unbareable. Now to the bad news, I have an abscess on my thigh its very painful its as big as a baseball and I called the dr she said its due to the Lupus. When i started the plaquenil they had gone away. Up until my last surgery when I had my pilonidal cyst removed. OUCH! I asked the Dr if she could drain it and she told me no. The risk of it getting bigger and spreading could be bigger since im not on any Lupus meds besides the Neurontin. The only advice she gave me is Dial soap which i know already cause i have had these things for years and not to squeeze it or take a Bath Common sense. Anyway Does anyone besides me gets these things and if you do what advice can you give me for home care and fast relief.
Sorry this was so long im happy and yet in pain. Things cant get any better!!

KathyW1958
12-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Sandra,
I too get those darned carbuncle abscesses and they suck big time. I had to have one on my private area lanced, ouch big time. I don't know what to do to keep them from comming, but I know I had to go on antibiotics and that has helped some.

I am glad that your son went and talked to that Landlord. Children have a way of getting an adults attention a lot faster then an adult can. I am proud of your son for speaking up for you.

Hugs,
Kathy

mountaindreamer
12-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Yea for your son. How it must make you smile to know that your child is one of your best advocates. Keep up the great work.

Best to you

hatlady
12-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Kudos for that sweet son of yours! I'm so glad you finally have heat!

I'm afraid I don't know about the carbuncles - - but hope you find relief from those quickly.

Saysusie
12-11-2008, 03:53 AM
That's what I call a true "Little Miracle". It is amazing how things work. I am so happy that you have heat and God bless your little son and your mom.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
12-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Dear Sandra C:

I'm so glad you got a heater/s. I lived without a heater for 2 years and finally had to move to get a heater. My landlord was awful and wouldn't get me one. Even though I live in California, it does get cold in the winter, especially in a plaster-walled house. I suffered! I wonder if that might be one of the causes of my lupus/fibromyalgia is hurting so much now.

Sorry about you cyst! Can't give you any advice about that. Fortunately, I have never had one.