PDA

View Full Version : Its M day

Pages : [1] 2 3

iseedeadmonkeys
12-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Ok its monday i know, but for those of you who take (like myself) MTX? my dose has been upped like i said in a previous post, i took it like 2 hours but i feel awful really sick like im gonna be sick :shock: surely my body has only just had the upped dose it cant be in my system already?? can it? anyway anyone got any good ideas of how to get rid of the sickness feeling? or shall i just grin and bare it!
xx

iseedeadmonkeys
12-08-2008, 07:58 AM
i think im just gonna take myself to bed, i ant handle this feeling lol, blimey i wouldnt last five mins with the flu, although i would much prefer to have the flu than this, anyway speak soon x

KathyW1958
12-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi,
Have you called your doctor to see if there is anything that they can do or give you to help you feel better? I don't know that much about that medication. Maybe Saysusie might have some answers for you. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
12-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Methotrexate is a drug that is also used for cancer patients and yes, it will make you ill not long after taking it. My daughter took her Methotrexate on Fridays and we called it her "Metho Day" because she had to spend the entire day in bed because it made her so ill (Nauseous etc.). By Saturday morning, she was fine. But the day of the dosage was definitely a down day.
I hope that you feel better tomorrow..let us know how you are doing.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
12-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Hey well yesterday was not a good day, i was really ill and today im feelin it too, this week, but tht and the meth is mmaking me feel really ill lol when times are good i always have to step back a couple of paces, im completely off foood the thought of eating is making me feel worse, and either im due on or im coming down with summin coz i was running a temp last night, omg lol hmmm x

Danica01
12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Do you know how happy I was to find this post??????? SO HAPPY!!!!! I am not happy you have to take methotrexate but I also take that medication AND on Monday's! I get the injection around 8 on Monday night and by Wednesday morning I am much better. Monday is know as shot day in my house and Tuesday is a definite down day :D

I have asked my doctor is there was anything I could do in order to make the process a little more comfortable but they said it is a side effect and it will pass like everything else. I take some medicine for the pain right after the shot. I really want to stay on top of that and I try to close my eyes and get some sleep. If I start feeling really bad I will soak in a warm bath and just try to focus on something else. I try to read, watch a movie or look at a magazine.I know exactly how you feel and how yucky it is! I try to explain it to people, I can actually feel the medicine travel through my body as time goes on :(

Hopefully we can just get through it together! Next Monday know that there is someone else who is taking the same medicine as you, feeling like you too..........

iseedeadmonkeys
12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Excellent Danica!!
what dose are you on of it? if you dont mind me asking?
my dose has just gone up i look forward to seeing some benfits from it soon x

Danica01
12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
I am at .7cc. I was originally at .5cc and there has been talk of going up to 1 cc but that is as far up as they can take me. Keep me updated on how you are feeling. What are you at right now?

iseedeadmonkeys
12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
im not sure what that cc is into relation of what im on, i was on 7.5mg and im on 10mg now, and omg you deffently kno your on a higher dose, lol yeah tuesdays suck big time dont they?! i never plan anything for mondays tuesdays and wed mornings, i take my MTX at 9am on monday so it gets better the more ya get used to taking it, but when it goes up lol ya kno about it, im sure i just said tht, im so tired lol i wanna go to bed but ive got a friend coming over after work and then il be in bed ive been up for 14 hours now, omg and there i go ramberling again lol, do you work still whilst you are on it? and how long have you been on it? ive been taking it since sept this year, im sooo glad christmas day doesnt fall on a monday tuesday or wednesday this year lol x

iseedeadmonkeys
12-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Is 1cc 1 ml, therefore 100mg??? im really confused on this, internet aint giving me the answers i want lol help?

Danica01
12-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello my little metho friend! You can ramble on to me anytime! I am just happy to have someone to share this with! I am on 25mg right now. It is .7 cc, all the cc means is that it is injectable. I was working and now I am not. I always had to take off Tuesdays when I was still working. I would try to get up Tuesday morning and I would just cry because I felt so sick! I have probably been on it a little less than a year. The have had to keep increasing the dose :( I hate it when they do that! I have to tell you, I have not seen any relief in the side effects. I feel better tonight from the initial dose but Tuesdays never seem to get better. Hang in there. I do notice more energy and less pain once it is in my system. What medications are you on for the general pain that you have? You have been up 14 hours??!! You are a super woman!!! Get to bed and rest!!!!!! Ok, enjoy your friends company first :wink: I am also glad the holidays have all fallen on good days and not shot days. Hang in there.......four more days until the next one :D

iseedeadmonkeys
12-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Ah excellent, yes im looking forward to the days when i can feel the difference, i think ive picked up summin from somewhere because i feel really ill lol hot and cold etc, my back is still not letting me get on with my life just yet, hopefully the medrol will kick in soon, i take co-codamol and co-dydramol not together lol when ive run out of either one or the other for pain relife, i can take the normal painkillers like anything with anti inflammatries in as i take warfarin and will do for life now, anyway really good to hear from you again, im always around for a chat too :P yes 4 more days lol thanx for reminding me :D x

Danica01
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi my little M buddy! How are you feeling today????? I hope you are feeling a bit better. I know about feeling ill........I have been battling a horrible cold for a few weeks and finally drug myself to the doctor, can never get rid of it myself :( I have some antibiotics and of course steroids and something for the cough. Today is the first day I really think I am coming out of it. I really hope you are not coming down with something too :( I guess it is that time of year! How is your back doing today? Any relief with the onset of the new pain? I hope so, I have been thinking about you and sending you well wishes all day long! Take it easy this weekend and hope fully some of your friends will come by and keep you coming! I am here all the time if you need anything!

:angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Hey you!! :wink:
yeah im really good today ty for asking, i kno its tmrw and all tht cant wait lol, i got myself up extra early thismoring just to get down the shop and get evertything so i need not go out for the next couple of days, back is much much better ty, i managed to do much more housewrok today and ive not even had to take any painkillers at all so far!! so tht is bloody marverlous! how are you doing today then?
xx

iseedeadmonkeys
12-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Note to my self, i feel awful right now, remeber not to eat chocolate 9hrs after taken it!!!

Danica01
12-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi! I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now :cry: I take mine in about 3 hours :cry: I will remind you...............NO CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! Just find a comfy spot, watch your favorite shows and wait for your friend to come over. Tomorrow will be yucky but it will pass. I always cuddle up with my warmest blanket and hold on to a pillow when the waves of yuckiness start. Hang in there and I am sending you gentle hugs and know that someone else is going through it with you and you are not alone. We will get through this :angel: :angel: I am thinking of you!

Danica01
12-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Just took my shot :cry: I can already feel it traveling down in my legs :cry: Is it over YET :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Aww bless you, how did the rest of your yesterday go? i had a wave of yukiness then it pretty much went, i dont feel to bad this morning either no nausia etc so i think i did ok this week 8) but yes but my back is hurting again :( it started again last night and when i was in my memory foam bed hehehe (i love my bed) i got right pressure on my back was very uncomfortable indeed!! il see if there is a pattern to my back hurting because prior to taking my mtx i was on the up and pain free, anyway chicken i hope you are ok this morning? xx

Danica01
12-16-2008, 06:30 AM
It is very intersting that you back was feeling better and after the meds it felt worse........I am also wondering if it has anything to do with it :idea: We will have to see if it gets better over the next few days, you know after the meds kick in and everything. I am doing ok. Last night I did sleep but not for very long :( I have been up since 4 this morning and I am just sore all over. I know by tonight it will be better and I will have five GOOD days :wink: I am so glad that it moved through your system ok and that you are feeling pretty good :!: I have a question for you, do you take your meicine in the form of a pill or do you have to do an injection also? I used t take the pills but the stomach problms were unbreable so the doctor made me learn how to give myself a shot :cry: I have to admit, the stomach problems are gone :) I hope you have a good day today. I have a doctors appointment this morning. I have been having problems with cysts on my ovaries (I hope that is ok that I told you that) and today we are going to go in and see if they went away on their own or if I will have to have surgery. I do not want a Christmas surgery! So, cross your fingers all is well and I will update you as soon as I find something out today! For you...........NO CHOCOLATE and REST :!: REST :!: REST :!:

:x-mas:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Ooops no chocolate darn brain fogs i forgot!
Cysts im so fed up with cysts lol i have has a few myself not on my ovaries as far as im aware, im sorry to here you have tho :cry: yeah i think there is a bit of a pattern going with the meds and pain from my back too but i will keep an eye on it, i wasnt aware you could have injection form of mtx and i will ask about it, i used to inject myself with heparin each day in my stomach which wasnt pretty but did the job and saved me going into hospaital each day, oh and yeah i take the little yellow tablet form of it 4 of the little lovelies hehehe, ok i look forward to hearing from your appointment, and sleep lol 0X x

Danica01
12-16-2008, 10:21 PM
I bet you are right about the meds and the pain.....we are being little investigators here :wink: You should ask the doctor about the shot, especially if you have tummy problems. It really helped me and because you have already given yourself shots it will be a piece of cake.................ok,not THAT good :D

Well, the doctor appointment did not go well and I am headed into surgery this Thursday afternoon :cry: I guess the one good thing is that it will be over and I will be a bit more comfy afterwards..............ok a few days afterwards :!: I will be stuck in bed between 2 to 5 days and cannot lift anything for up to 6 weeks :( It will all be over soon and those little poop heads will be gone :wink:

I hope you are feeling even better today and STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE......LOL :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Oh no surgery? :shock: blimey well if needed then always a good idea to get rid of them, nip it in the bud so to speak :lol: just rying to sort out my benefits today seems to be flying past time which is coolies! i think i kno the reason for my back pain now lol monthly stuff and all that jazz, but yes i will carry on with the investigation into it lol lol, well you take care of your self now and make sure someone looks after you lifting anything heavy like food to ure mouth lol i would make the most of it, 2-5 days in bed i would go loopy lol, take care speak soon........................oh yes no chocolate i remember now hehehe :P

Danica01
12-17-2008, 02:44 PM
I love it when you respond! I can hear your accent and it makes me smile! You are right, better to get rid of them than to have them hanging out:) I will post and let you know I made it home safely. My Tim is taking and will be taking very good care of me :wink: We have movies to watch,books to read, and I love to color so I even have a new coloring book :D I think am all set! the doctor just called and said they have moved my surgery to a bit earlier.......that just means I get home that much sooner :wink: I will talk to you tomorrow :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-18-2008, 04:03 AM
Hey Dani,
you hear my accent when ya read this? lol :D bless ya, i dont reade in accents except welsh occasionally when im hype (im not welsh though) lol random (i am) :D , so you must be in surgery now hmm good luck with that, ive not had a colouring book for years but when im at work i like to colour in with the kids, sounds like you have got everything sorted for staying in bed for days then, and you have a Tim to look after you (whatever that is lol) :) not doing too bad today, went out to pub last night with some friends no more drinking for me for the rest of the year, not really sure what to do with the 30 beers in my fridge lol talk about torture, maybe il sell them i cant drink them, anyway look forward to hearing from you soon, take care 0X x

Danica01
12-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi you! I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I am thinking about you today! I know it is yucky Monday and I hope you are all comfy at home with movies and stuff to get you through the next 24 to 48 hours :wink: I am a little nervous about taking our medicine this week after having surgery :cry: I don't want it to make things worse but I do know if I don't take it I will pay later :cry: So, shot night for me!!!!!!! How are you doing right now? Are you ready for Christmas? We are staying home, just the two of us and taking it easy! I hope you are doing well and be very brave today and know that tomorrow will be better then today :x-mas:

NO CHOCOLATE :!: :D

iseedeadmonkeys
12-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Hey yourself :D

i feel horrible worse than last week, i went and had a couple of beers last night with my friends i really wish i handt lol yup took it a few hours ago, im trying not to be sick right now :shock: awwww i hate mondays sooo much :( im at my friends house on christmas day i dont feel like it at all but hopefully better later on i think il go to bed in a while too lol, awww no chocolate for me i dont think i could even look at any either :( roll on tmrw, i do hate today but it still wont get the better of me lol, how are you doing? lemme know how you feel after you have your shot?! xxx

Danica01
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Hang in there and I will check in with you after my shot this evening :wink: Get lots of rest and stay in bed :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Hiya had 4 hours sleep this afternoon, a bath and some dinner, aint feelin 100% still but it wont get better til wed morning, so i look forward til then, hope ya shot went ok, do you get nausia from having the injection form of it? 0X

Danica01
12-23-2008, 12:07 AM
I feel pretty yucky tonight :cry: I am hoping to close my eyes and fall a sleep soon. The shot form does help with the upset stomach. The trade off for me is the horrible muscle pain. I can actually feel the medicine travel though my body :( Oh well, Wednesday morning will be great! I hope you are doing ok and getting lots of rest and not eating chocolate.....lol :wink: I will check in with you tomorrow :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Tired!! :shock: still feel like :roll: but there we go, cant expect everything now, im gonna ask the consultant about the injection form instead of tablets hopefully he will let me, i used to inject myself dailey with clexane so not as if dont kno how its done lol, i think ive said that somewhere b4?? :? hmm today i feel likke im in a dream world ya kno those days where you feel numb? okkee dokee hear from you soon xx

Danica01
12-25-2008, 03:27 PM
The brain fog can pretty poopy at times and I hope this finds you more comfotable than yesterday :wink: I just wanted to pop in and tell you Merry Christmas :!: If any day, today is the day you can eat e LITTLE chocolate......lol :wink: Have a wonderful evening and enjoy all your time with your family and friends :!: :x-mas:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-26-2008, 05:49 AM
Ow ty, i had a lovely time yesterday, and today im at my mum and dads house, just chilling eating chocolate where-ever i can find it in little bowls around the house hehehe :D i hope you had a good one too! today i feel fantastic no sickness and no other lupus related stuff u get with it all, so all is good, tmrw night im out with the gays in my village so shud be another interesting night :rainbow1: lol, but we gotta roll it over again for monday tut tut :oops: this time round im laying off the pub sunday nigtht no good for me, speak soon chicken xx

Danica01
12-26-2008, 11:09 AM
I think that sounds like a good idea Sunday night :wink: I am so glad you are feeling great, or as good as you can :D Tim is packing me in thecar today and he is taking me to see some snow! It is kind of like a white Christmas :) I am soooooo excited :!: Have a wonderful time with your mom and dad and eat all the chocolate you want because nect week you are back to the NO CHOCOLATE :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-27-2008, 04:39 PM
HELP ME :( im ill, coming down with some virus, but it cant be the flu coz i had the jab!! im sooo cold :shock: yet the heating is on full blast, my mate had to go coz it was too hot in here for her, but im freeeeezin :( need some extra cyber love here, i can feel some sorta cold thing coming on why oh why now? did you have fun seeing your snow? i have some excellent pics to show you of our snow in october, which is rather odd seeing as we normally get it in jan/feb time, awwww im having a chocolate junk day tmrw i think, sad sad sad, why do we have to get ill as well as some random lupus melarky??? xx

iseedeadmonkeys
12-29-2008, 03:20 AM
ok so i think ive got rid of that awful flu virus, lol and just taken my mtx an hour ago, blimey dunno which i prefer, virus sickness or medication sickness or self inflicted sickness??? hmm what a life we lead :shock: anyway im about all day if ya wanna chat xx

Saysusie
12-29-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm glad that you got rid if the virus. Many people say that they experience mild flu-like symptoms after taking the vaccination.
I am happy to report that the vaccination has worked for me, so far. I babysat my God Daughter who had a cold. Usually, this is enough to cause me to become extremely ill, to the point of having to be hospitalized. However, I also started taking "Airborne" prior to her arrival. I continued to take it during her stay and also for several days after she was gone. So far, so good! I've not become sick or even had a hint of becoming ill. <knocking on wood> I don't know if it was a combination of both or just the flu shot that helped me. I am just SOOOOOOO happy not to be ill!

I am glad that you are feeling better with no flu virus and I hope that you continue to feel better! I know the MX sickness is such an awful feeling and you can't decide which sick feeling is worse. However, how do you feel on the other six non-Methotrexate days?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
12-29-2008, 12:56 PM
hey saysusie,
ermm i get 4 days a week where i feel fantastic, those are the days that i look forward to the most :D but in the mean time, i dont wanna sound like a :twisted: but im starting to wonder what the point of all this is?? im incrediably low right now, i think the flu thing is still in my system either that or im having a really bad burn with the mtx!! i feel so sick and weak :( its still cold even tho the heating is up, im trying to do a video for utube but tht isnt working i wanted to catch my really bad days so ppl can see its not just them going thru it too, i dont kno anymore :( when i sleep i wish i wake up well or not at all, im hating being me right now!!
(im trying not to make me sound sad and that, but i actually think i am hmm) xx

iseedeadmonkeys
12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Right, dont kno how good an idea this is (problerly not the best ive had) but ive started a video blog on utube, the first one is called lupus and methotrexate- and i have the same nick on there so have a look ppl, tell me what you think?! im doing one a day for the rest of the week to see how it goes, and for myself to see the progress etc, i hope i can post this here? :D peace to all xx

rob
12-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey there,

I'd like to take a look at your blog. Tried to find it with your nickname, but it didn't show up in a search. I used to have an account there, but I got tired of all the un-moderated profane comments clogging up what could have been some pretty good blogs. It seems you get a good conversation going, and some foul-mouthed person comes along and disrupts the whole thing. It's not that bad language bothers me, as I tend to use it from time to time, but it shouldn't be used in mixed company. Man, sound really old don't I. Anyway, if you can keep it on topic and clean, more power to you. Either way, I'll subscribe to it.

Rob

iseedeadmonkeys
12-29-2008, 06:15 PM
can you let me kno if you received the email please?
cheers happy viewing x

Saysusie
12-31-2008, 09:14 AM
How are you feeling today? I hope that you are getting some relief from your flu. It is understandable that you are feeling down, with all that you are dealing with.
Hope today is a better day for you.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
12-31-2008, 10:28 AM
hey saysusie:D

not too bad thanx took myself back to bed for a few hours, and am staying in for new years eve too, cant be doing with the coldness tnh lol :( never mind theres always next year hmm i pretty sure i said the same last year haha oh well just me and the cat when she decides to come home :D dunno if anyone has heard but im doing a video diary for a week on a famous site i can send you the links ive done 2 so far and il do another one in a min, so they are for everyone really not just me :D anyway nhappy new year to you and everyone, and hopefully 2009 will be a better year :P i belive it will be for me (it couldnt get any worse lol 8) xx

Danica01
01-01-2009, 11:59 PM
I feel so sad that I have not been able to log on to the forum and check on you this week :cry: Tim had to go out of town and needed the laptop. I have really missed everyone this week :wink: So, how was it :?: I had to give myself the shot, Tim normally does it for me, and I don't know about you but I really hate giving myself something that will make me sooooooo sick :cry: You had a touch of the flu????? Ah love, that is just what you need on top of everything else :!: Well, I am back and will check in with you everyday to see how you are feeling :!:

Danica :angel:

Danica01
01-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I know what you mean :wink: We have Lupus and we also seem to a breading ground for everything else :!: I do have to tell you, I get the flu shot every year and every year right after I feel so yucky :cry: I guess it is our bodies adjusting to everything. I am just glad it has passed for you :wink:

ok so i think ive got rid of that awful flu virus, lol and just taken my mtx an hour ago, blimey dunno which i prefer, virus sickness or medication sickness or self inflicted sickness??? hmm what a life we lead :shock: anyway im about all day if ya wanna chat xx

Danica01
01-02-2009, 12:14 AM
I will have to check this out!!!!!

Right, dont kno how good an idea this is (problerly not the best ive had) but ive started a video blog on utube, the first one is called lupus and methotrexate- and i have the same nick on there so have a look ppl, tell me what you think?! im doing one a day for the rest of the week to see how it goes, and for myself to see the progress etc, i hope i can post this here? :D peace to all xx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-02-2009, 05:01 AM
hey Dani, sorry you aint been around i did wonder weather you had fallen down a certain well!!

anyway lol ive bigged up this site once again on my new vid for today, hopefully ppl will check it out and join, every little helps i guess :D

anyway take care ppl and speak very soon xx

Danica01
01-03-2009, 12:55 AM
I got see and hear you :!: :!: :!: I loved it and I am waiting for them to send me my password so I can comment on it :wink: You did an amazing job and you are not alone in feeling the way you do......I have been feeling that way for the past few weeks too :cry: I guess that is why we met, now we can help each other get through those awful Monday mornings for you and monday night for me :cry: Lets hang in there together :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Bless you Dani, glad you found some sort of nuetral feelings from them too, im really suprised how well they are doing, just finnished my new one today only 2 more to go so getting better each day is good, we will stick by each other every monday i look forward to our chats we have, speak soon xx

Danica01
01-04-2009, 12:43 PM
I know tomorrow is the day :cry: I will be thinking about you and sending you healing thoughts and gentle hugs :angel: Hang in there!!!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Ewwwwww :(,

Did the last vid blog today, my head is heavy, im gonna fight it this time round hopefully 8) , orrrrrr maybe not xx

Danica01
01-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Hang in there just one more day after today and you will feel a bit better :wink: Curl up with a soft blanket and relax.......stay away from the chocolate :wink: Just think, in a few days you get to go back to work :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 08:30 AM
yeah very true, looking forward to that day too, what was that u said about chocolate? :wink: it was sitting there and said eat me :!: how could i resist :roll: lol im not doing to badly atm so thts cool :D we in souf eeast england are gonna have a big freeze tonight!! going down to -9 :shock: omg im not moving from this house!! just hope we dont get a power cut coz that would just be the icing on the cake for me lol :D

Danica01
01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
That is sooooooooooooooo cold :puppydogeyes: You are smart by staying in and staying warm :!: Ok, about the chocolate, we will let this one slide because it talked to you and coaxed you into eating it which means it isn't your fault at all and the chocolate should be the one who receives the punishment...........hehehehehehe :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 09:08 AM
LMAO:D thts it!!!! x

Danica01
01-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I have to warn you.......I have a feeling more chocolate may hunt you down and brain wash you into eating more through out the week :lol:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Im telling you, i dont feel sick at all, my mtx day was a walk in the park!! told ya id fight this........................i did it :D x

Danica01
01-06-2009, 11:55 PM
I am so happy your M day was better this time :!: Hopefully your body is adjusting and next week will be even better :D This was a very rough week for me. I am still having horrible pain through out my body and haven't been able to stomach food yet :cry: Hopefully after some rest I will feel much better :wink: I won't give up and I am sure next week will be much easier :wink: :wink: Good luck tomorrow on your first day back to work :angel:

Im telling you, i dont feel sick at all, my mtx day was a walk in the park!! told ya id fight this........................i did it :D x

iseedeadmonkeys
01-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Aww hung am sorry your body is playing nasty tricks on you! you should tell it to sort it out :D, i really hope you feel better after your rest! im sending internet hugs to you:)

cheers for that post btw it was really sweet

xx

Danica01
01-08-2009, 03:27 PM
It is Thursday and I am finally feeling better! It really took a lot out of me this week :cry: Thanks for all your thoughts and you now have to tell me all about work :!: :!: :!: I need to live through you right now and all the fun you are having :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-09-2009, 09:34 AM
first day back was really good, soo good to see everyone:D

everyone giving me hugs and offering me sound advice and support was really cool, when i got home i had to sleep couldnt handle the way i was feelin so tired, when i got up i was really sick and thought omg is it gonna be like this forever now :( but got on with it went into work this morning still feeling yukky i nearly killed myself walking down my steps this morning as i dint realise we had freezing fog last night lol, so i said the f word very loudly hahaha at 06:40, got into work got on with things had a really good day also still happy to be back, i think its gonna take a bit of getting used to getting up at that time :shock: now im home im not in the best of moods i think i tired overly tired now, i dont want to see anyone nor do i wanna speak to anyone so ive switched my phone off they can all sod off :D il be ok tmrw i guess except im not looking forward to driving my motor bike to my mums in the cold in the morning ffs i really wish it was summer i cant warm up,
OH and to top it all off my joints have started to hurt again, cripperling pain today i dint want anyone to see me so i shut myself away until i was ok again, do you wonder if anyone will notice im not sposed to be back at work yet? hmmm
sorry im not so positive but il re write this sunday when im more on form

x

Danica01
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
You don't have to be positive with me silly :wink: I am your friend who understandds what you are going through! I am happy that you are glad to be back at work. It takes a lot of courage to get back in there and get through the day with the pain and exhaustion you are having :? It will take time and before you know it it will be easy. I wonder if you are so sore because it is so cold outside. Before, you could stay in and keep warm and now that you are working you have to venture out into the nasty coldness :( I am sorry! I wish I could send you some of our sun and have it warm you up and shine on you as you head off to your moms :!: Bundle up and be safe and jump back on when you feel up to it :wink: :fadein:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-10-2009, 04:20 AM
i kno i kno, thanfully at least you understand:D!!

im not looking forward to driving my bike in the cold to drop it off at my mums, all i wanna do is chillaxe!!
gotta be a shoulder for my mate tonight too lol why all today??
anyway cheers i feel alot better today just tired still, why is everything such a mission in this weather, im psyching myself up for what? its too tiring, hmmm i spose now is better to be doing this stuff, get it out the way like, i aint gotta be back at work til thurs lol thts like ages away but i guess with monday coming up i gotta get that done too lol MISSIONS!! this is what i mean, do i sound like im stressing too much?
maybe im due on or summin this aint me normally u kno tht!
speak soon chicken feet :D
xx

Danica01
01-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey, I would be stressed too :!: Isn't it funny how all of a sudden life just rains down on us and EVERYTHING seems to a stressful situation :wink: I do not blame you for not wanting to head out in the cold rain :? Brrrrrrrrrrrrr :!: Well, just go and het it over with. Rush home and curl up and get all cozy and then it will be time to hang out with your friend :!: Then, befoore you know it, it will be time to crawl in bed :) Just take it easy and get lots of rest so that next week may be a little bit easier for you. I know, we are getting closer to Monday but lets not look at that as something stressful, we know what to expect and we can be prepared for it :wink: :wink: Hang in there and don't let the chocolate talk you into eating it :lol:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
omg what a ride that was, soooo glad im selling the bike now after some idiot driving a range rover pulled out infront of me on a blind bend!!

enough of that i cant warm up, ppl keep txting me ive had enough of it today already! ive switched my phone off so they can go away for the rest of the evening, couldnt be bothered to go out there again its like icy cold out there :(

enough of that too!
im chilling with a bottle of wine, i kno im not sposed to but its only sat aye? oh lol and i went to the shop and spent 31 on chocolate :shock: i really needed it and now i got enought to last me the rest of the month? or maybe the week at this rate!, tis ok like :D

how are you feelin and doing?
xx

Danica01
01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
You are out of control with the chocolate......lol!!!! I am so happy you are home and trying to get warm :D I drink wine too, hey, there are so many things we can't do that a little bit of wine here and there will not hurt :wink: I am glad you turned your phone off. Sometimes we just need the world to stop and people to be still :!: There is nothing wrong with having a quiet night to yourself.......I think we will have a quiet night too :wink: I am feeling pretty good today. Still healing but I really think the worst is over. I am trying to get more sleep by turning everything off a little bit earlier than I used to. I hope that this will help with Monday. I think if my body is pretty rested it will have a little more energy to help with the meds. Hey, it doesn't hurt to try :wink: You have a warm, quiet night and drink your wine and have just a FEW pieces of chocolate :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-10-2009, 01:27 PM
glad you are having a quiet one too :D

hey we are never normally online at the same time!!
whats up with that then??
lol must be early for you, but i guess it is saturday and all that :D

xx

Danica01
01-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I noticed that yesterday too!!!!! What time is it there???? Right now it is 10 am :D I slept horrible and am feeling a little weak from it so I am going to stay in my pj's all day and read, watch movies and do some school work :lol: How are you doing today???? Do you still have the phone off????

iseedeadmonkeys
01-12-2009, 09:47 AM
today was sorta another walk in the park!!
think my body is used to it now lol
im a strong fighter (im trying to be)
hows it going for you?
xx

Danica01
01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I am so glad your body has adjusted :D It makes Mondays a little bit easier and a little less scary when you know that the worst is over :!: I have not taken mine yet. I still have about seven hours, so, I am going to go out for lunch and enjoy the day just in case tomorrow is a bit yucky. I don't know why my body hasn't grown used to it :( I still get pretty sick and I have been on it for almost a year. I know we have played with the dosage but that was months ago. Maybe it is just a lot of yuck for my body to handle :idea: Who knows, all I know is that I have a ton of movies to watch and a ton of school work to do while I am in bed today and tomorrow :wink: I will check in later to make sure you are still feeling better and I will let you know later on tonight how I am handling it :wink: Keep resting :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-12-2009, 12:12 PM
spoke way too soon!!
my back :mad: for gods sake its killin really dont wanna take painkillers as i cant be bothered to eat!! vicous circle really, im thinking a bath but i cant be bothered lolol its my cats 1st birthday tmrw and im having a little gathering for her! strangly ppl are coming :? haha she will love the attention, anyway where was i going with this? oh yeah so i need to hoover the bloody floor, not sure my neighbour will be happy with my choice of hoovering times but its gotta be done, hmm im feelin a bit of beans on toast or keich mmmmm hehehe x

Danica01
01-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I hope you were able to get some relief from you back pains :( I am feeling pretty yucky today and I am going to just curl up and watch a few movies. Tim is going to handle dinner tonight so I am not going to get out of bed :) I love it that you are having a party for your cat :!: I think they deserve the attention we get :wink: I want to hear all about the party when it is all over :D Are you feeling any better today :?:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Yo Dani!!

yeah not too bad today thanx, i got to bed at 6am and woke at 2pm, unfortunatly Tav (the cat) got all over excited and was sick so i had to cancel the party, but everytime i let her out and back in again i picked her up and give a huge kiss and cuddle........to remind her of wot day it was :D Tav has promised me she will make me a grandma before the end of the month so im happy with that, i need another 2 more cats to make it a full house :lol: if its a boy cat it will have to go to someone :( coz you no what boys are like :roll: so she had a birthday chip which i guess you would call a frie?? she likes crinkle cut chips straight from the oven, ive saved some fishy yummy meals for her, but i give her a worming ealeir so she will prob be off eating for 24!, we are both chilling watching most haunted as its our fav programme, they did a few in the states some bloody scarey stuff in a few nutorios emptied prisons you way i think?, im used to all this i love the spirit world had way too many spooky things happen to me for me nnot to believe :D :D i used to read ppl all the time online and face to face i think ive done now over 800 readings, but when i got illl i had to gather my energy for myself to get better, which doesnt mean that they dont still try and contact me, just the other day the man who died of a heart attack in my bedroom touched my back in the kitchen lol i thought it was my friend, i had my other friend on msn video messenger and the cam was aimed at the kitchen she asked me who walked into the kitchen, lol no one was with me my friend wass till at the shop :lol: tis cool tho like i say i love it and i find it very comforting sometimes spesh when im down and low, anyway my goodness what a long post this has been :D

i really hope you feel better soon hopefully this post will take your mind off a few things i hope i dont scare you, i really dint wanna tell ppl about that side of my life but i feel ppl are starting to get to know me a bit better now :) anyway enjoy your movies and your tim lol
xxx

Danica01
01-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Ok, my favorite show is Ghost Hunters :!: I love that stuff and think it is pretty cool that you have these experiences :D It does not scare me at all...........when you say you used to read people, what exactly did you do :?: I find this so interesting and could talk to anyone who feels things like this for hours :lol:

I am still feeling pretty yucky but I am starting to come around.......at least I think I am :wink: Hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderful, relaxed day :)

Tomorrow is the anniversary when Tim and I first met! It has been two years and boy, it has went by so fast :!:

One of my closest friends here in Arizona has three cats and she just loves them :!: She never gets lonely with them around and when the three of them start to play.....it is soooooooo fun to watch :!: I hope you have your whole family as soon as possible. I want a puppy really bad :D I turn 30 in June and have been asking Tim for one, we will have to see :lol: Well, I better try to get some sleep if I want to feel better tomorrow. Remember, you can always talk to me about anything and everything in your life. Nothing frightens me, I promise :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Awww thanx im glad i dint scare you away :D

i was completely ramberling last night, im shattered today lol all that chatting ive been doing :shock:

happy aniversary to you both, lets hope you get that puppy too, dunno what il ask for my 30th probley health lol!

hope you are feeling better today? its really fossy here i get the feelin something is gonna happen but i cant quite put my finger on it :?

yeah cheers i kno i waffle sometimes but its really good to get things off my chest sometimes, i watch ghost hunters sometimes its on living over here, very straight to the point and i watched one once where they got someones voice on cam lolol freaky but ive heard it all before lol,
im so tired today i keep getting waves of feeling really tired, and im hoping its not going to turn into something else :!: just need to rest up now, i got work again tmrw :D 2 nice earlies and one nice meeting with the council about my rent releif, cool 8)

Rest up feel better

xxx

Danica01
01-15-2009, 01:22 AM
So, you go back tomorrow, get lots of rest today and get lots of rest when you turn in for the night after work :wink: Today is a much better day for me:!: Thanks for the anniversary wishes :D We went to a restaurant down the street and had movie night here at home where we munched on dry cereal for a snack. I loved every minute of it :!: I know you probably already know this but when you think something is going to happen or feel that something is going to happen......normally it does :? Is it a bad feeling? Keep your eyes open and rest your body as much as possible and NO CHOCOLATE :!: I know that is hard because the chocolate always talks you into a snack.....hehehehehe....lol! How is the weather over there? Is it still cold a rainy? What is it like year round? If it is still cool, bundle up when you go to work....I don't want you to have to deal with a cold on top of everything else :wink: I will check in with you tomorrow and see how your day went at work.....until then, sleep well :sleeping:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
omg omg omg!!! :shock:

im sooo tired, cant handle it lol, work was fun i was back to my normal mischievious self windin everyone up including the seniors hehehe :lol:

i loved it:D i did tell them im going back down to one day a week for the time being as i wasnt sure in my lupus is flaring again, so il do a month of thursdays then go from there by tht time i would of seen the rhuemy! they are well cool with me and happy im beig honest with them, they love having me back and want me to re do my medical training so that i can help out as a fill in if needed which is cool :D

ermmmm i find myself buying chocolate but not eating it at the moment so thats not too bad now is it?

i managed to get 3 cooked chicken thighs for 60p today at supermarket so im well happy i love chicken its yumm :lol:

glad you had a lovely time yesterday for your aniversary with your tim :d sounded nice a chillaxing to me, i look forward to gettin back into the swing of things but not just yet i need me time first which im starting to learn to do now lol,

English weather?? hmmmm lol aww its not good tbh with you :cry:
atm its bloody cold i mean like bitterly cold sometimes sunny but the chillly wind catches me everytime, its been likke this since september we dint really have much of a summer it was quite cold so i guess its been cold from jan 08 to date! ive heard that our summer this year is gonna be a scortcher (heres hoping) if not i will sue the weather man :lol:
other than we see the last of the snow around march, it gets lovely at april then warms up up until middle of oct (usually in a good year)

i cant cope with this winter tho lol,

anyway hope you are good?
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh and btw!!

that feeling i was having............my friend who im very close to in ways (ya now? lol) got beaten up by one of the kids at work, that was the feeling i was getting she was shocked that it was at the same time as the feeling, but then she knows i get these from time to time, she said next time could i phone or txt to let her kno lol

im getting a cold breeze on my left side i have no idea why? like the door is open or someone is blowwing down on me hmmmm strange :D

Danica01
01-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I am glad you are being honest with them and that they are willing to work with you. Some places of employment are horrible and do not care if you are sick or well you just better get in there and work! Slave drivers I tell you :D I love it that you are finding yourself enjoying it when you are there. I think it is so important for us to be able to escape from our disease even if it is just a few hours a week. I have been out of work now for about three months and do miss the adult interaction. Tim is amazing and tries to keep me entertained all the time. He sits with me, watches movies and plays games with me when I am home bound, which seems to be the last three months :!:

The weather sounds so chilly there :( I live in the desert. It is nice in the winter, very sunny and it can get a bit cooler at night. The summers are horrible :!: It can get all the way up to 125 degrees :!: I swear we could fry an egg on are balcony! The summer seems to drag on forever :( It will start to get warm in May and continue all the way through October :!: I am ready to move to a town that actually has seasons :) We are actually looking into that over the next six months so keep you fingers crossed for me :lol:

I am glad your friend is ok and you no longer have to worry about what the feeling meant. I thought it was great that she said next time you better let her know you have a feeling that something is going to happen :) Do you get those feelings often? Are you able to meet someone and get feeling about things from just meeting them? I hope I am not asking to many questions......I just find it so interesting :wink:

It is ok that you buy the chocolate and just look at it.........it is even ok if you nibble on a few pieces, I won't tell :wink: Just get some rest so you are ready for this weekend and next week. Any plans for the weekend :?:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-17-2009, 05:30 AM
hi sorry i dint even know you had repleid cause it wasnt showing me any new posts :!:

woow living in the desert, not sure i could handle that kind of heat all the time, although some sort of heaqt would actually be nice lol, once we had a really hot summer it was like 38/40 outside which for england is pretty good! anyway i filmed the day and it was soo quiet it was spooky no one was outside at all lol, so me and my bro decided to cook an egg was slow but we did it the white went white anyhow.

yeah i get those feelingas from time to time, i havnt been tuned in very much lately coz ive not aloowed much in cause of the sickness, but when i meet ppl for the first time i do get some things come thru i do like reading but cant do it much atm, as i said beofre, so yeah havnt been sleepin well at night because of someone watching me, and i knwo they are cause i can feel it and sometimes see him, i think he is the fella from this house, i have to keep telling him to leave me alone as im sleeping, i dont like it when im on my own at night time trying to sleep and they congregate round my bed having a convo, its rude and direspectful, im not 100 % sure if they know i can hear them either lol, but they do quickly shut up when i say out loud oi do u mind!!

so all is cool yes with everything apart from the flare and my bloody shoulder and neck killing me, i pulled a muscle putting a bra on would you frigging believe it :!: :!:

so chillaxing this w/e really mate, ppl have asked if they can come over but i think i might have to say no this time round,
sun is shining today which is lovely :D

speakage soonage

xx

Danica01
01-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I am glad you are able to tell them to hush and let you sleep :wink: We are packing up the car and going to stay with Tim's parents for a few days. It will be a nice change from being in bed all the time. It is about an hour and a half drive so not to bad. I have a great book to read and of course I could read up on my classes but I think I will pass on that :D I hope you had a great weekend :wink: Mine has been very quiet and lazy. A friend of ours just lost his job so we did go over and see him on Friday night, you know to cheer him up. I think it worked a bit :wink: I can not believe you pulled your shoulder putting on your bra :!: :!: Leave it to us to do something like that :!: Next thing you know we will be spraining our ankles while we put on our shoes :wink: Our bodies sure do the silliest things at times :lol: Well, make sure you are as comfy as you can be and relax so that tomorrow won't be so bad. I am off to pack some more and I will talk to you soon!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-18-2009, 12:26 PM
omg :shock: who will be there for me tmrw??

lol no i hope you have a lovely few days off holiday :D

ermm feeling a bit low right now, youve prob read in another thread about it, but it all boils down to one thing :!: its mtx day tmrw :(
xx

Danica01
01-19-2009, 12:23 AM
No worries silly goose.......I am still here! Brought the laptop down so that I could check in with you tomorrow and let you know that I am thinking about you :D Hey, I need you tomorrow too so there was no option, laptop hitched a ride :!: I hope you are sleeping well right now so that tomorrow will be a piece of cake.....mmmmmmmmmmmm cake!!!!!!!!!! Ok, it is in the middle of the night and I want cake :!: I am here for you tomorrow and just vent to me when you are having a down day. I am here to listen and to be understanding :wink: We get through the good days together and the bad days, that is what I am here for :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-19-2009, 01:55 AM
well!
ive been called some fair few names from time to time but silly goose? lmao :D,

oh good good clever lappy thinking to hitch a ride 8)
Well i took it about 10 mins ago, so hopefully (fingers crossed)
ermm no one should be thinking about cake at that hour unless you have some sort of problem :?: i hear they do tablets for that hehe :!:
coolies well glad you will be staying in touch :D have a lovely sleep yourself i guess it must be silly o clock in the morning for you its 09:20 here, right speak to you soonage chicken feet
xx

Danica01
01-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Hehehehehe :!: How are you feeling? I am dreading the shot :( I just hate putting something in my system that I know will make me feel yucky :cry: Oh well, it must be done. I hope you are doing ok. I saw on your other post that you have been fighting with the benefit people. I understand and I hate that you have to go through it. It seems like no matter what, around every corner someone is against us. We are just trying to feel better and live our lives to the fullest. If only they had to live in our bodies for one day, we would never get denied any sort of financial relief :wink: Hang in there and let me know how you are doing this evening.

Danica01
01-20-2009, 01:50 AM
I hope you are doing well......I feel like I have been hit by a car :cry: It is 2:15 in the morning and I should be a sleep but I am awake feeling yucky :( I want to wake Tim up but I just can not disturb his sleep. I think I will hang out on here for a bit and then try to close my eyes again :wink: Talk to you soon :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-20-2009, 05:49 AM
well suprisingly i managed to stay awake for all of yesterday and got a proper nights sleep last night, sorry to hear you dint, thankfully your on holiday so you are allowed to sleep til whatever time today right?
its a big day for all of you guys today but dont expect miracles to happen over night these things take time.

yeah the fight with the benefits ppl are really getting me down, maybe they should spend a bit of time getting to know our illness rather than depriving us all the time, i will work summin out, just waiting for signs first!

The feeling of yukiness is the worse aint it? im feeling it again today but then dont we always feel it the next day too! i ate all my chocolate yesterday lol so nothing for me til tmrw when i go to the shop and pay my first lot of low rent :D

i hope you feel better today, i gotta stop stressing over money issues and go with the flow, maybe we should build that bridge and GET OVER IT!!

speak to you soon chicken xx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I iz in da flare country for sure!! :(

popping the pills like no tmrw..................roll on 9th feb, when i see kev, blimey tis hurting, my legs are aching, my back is :mad: my memeory is not funny but can be again, and i feel sick and tored all the time, maybe its a sign for me to go on sick? maybe i did ask for a sign i think its showing it to me now!!

peace to you all
xxx

Danica01
01-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Sometimes it takes a little to push us over the edge and for us to realize what is really best for us. Yesterday was VERY rough and today is a bit better. I actually go and see a new rheum doc tomorrow :) A little nervous :? I have been seeing the same doctor for the last five years and then I had a change in my insurance; therefore, forcing me to change docs. The doctor is a lady and I hope that she is more sensitive to my needs and concerns as a woman. I think change can be for the best and that is how I am going to look at this :wink:

You ate all you chocolate :?: :?: :?: How bad of you, lol! Looks like you need to make a small trip out to stock up for the upcoming weekend :D What kind do you like?

I am so sorry you are feeling yucky. Darn those flares :( Are you able to get any relief at all right now? I really hope so. What are you taking for the pain?

Keep me updated on how your feeling and I will check in with you later today :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-21-2009, 02:09 PM
i personally dont think with the stress of all the money worries it has done anything for me what so ever!! hopefully i willo have thisall sorted by tmrw whaen i speak to work! i will let you know what was said and what the decision is! think of me 9am tmrw lol!

chocolate wise i really like cadbury's whole nut atm yummmy!

i take co-dydramol for the pain, it says anything up to 8 in 24 hours but i have taken more than that b4 its ok but you know

ermm this is weird but there is a rash appearing on my hand right b4 my eyes its really stinging, flar still?

sorry you was not feeling good yesterday but its really good to see you on here today

xx

Jesse
01-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi fellow lupies. I recently stopped MTX but I was on it for 1 1/2 years so maybe I can be of some help. I was gradually bumped up to my highest dose of 20 mg. over a period of a few weeks but still felt a bit crummy the next day. I was advised by some very nice people on another forum to split up the dosage over a twelve hour period, so I took two in the morning, two mid afternoon and two at night, all with food. That really helped. (My doctor approved of this method). Some people are helped by taking their pills the night before and sleep through most of the bad effects. Others just feel crummy no matter what they do, but splitting the dose really helped me.

Later I was switched to .8 ml. of the injections because the pills weren't effective enough. The injections are 20-30 percent more effective and also help with the stomach problems because the medication bypasses the stomach completely. I also understand it works faster that way. It worked well for me. The only reason I quit MTX is because it made a mess of my skin and I was hoping Imuran would be better. It's not.

I hope you can get around the side effect issues. MTX really is a good drug for many people.

Danica01
01-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I will be thinking of you! Hang in there and just do what you think is best for you right now. Work will always be there when you are well enough. I just don't want you to push yourself and get even sicker. Remember to pick yourself up some more chocolate! Wait a minute................wasn't I the one who was supposed to tell you NO chocolate? I have been tricked!!!! Let me know how things go tomorrow and good luck!

i personally dont think with the stress of all the money worries it has done anything for me what so ever!! hopefully i willo have thisall sorted by tmrw whaen i speak to work! i will let you know what was said and what the decision is! think of me 9am tmrw lol!

chocolate wise i really like cadbury's whole nut atm yummmy!

i take co-dydramol for the pain, it says anything up to 8 in 24 hours but i have taken more than that b4 its ok but you know

ermm this is weird but there is a rash appearing on my hand right b4 my eyes its really stinging, flar still?

sorry you was not feeling good yesterday but its really good to see you on here today

xx

Danica01
01-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I am on .7ml injection now and you are right, it does help with the stomach issues but I still feel like I have the flu for the 24 hours after the injection. Did this happen to you? This has been the medication that has worked the best for me and I am glad. It doesn't take it completely away but it helps. I asked my doctor if I could give myself two injections on Mondays but she said no that I needed to just stick it out. In our house Tuesdays are a bed day with take out for dinner:) This makes it a bit more bearable.

Thank you so much for jumping in and I am so happy to see you here!!!! Let me know if you have any more advice or you stories about your side effects........every little bit of information sure does help!

Hi fellow lupies. I recently stopped MTX but I was on it for 1 1/2 years so maybe I can be of some help. I was gradually bumped up to my highest dose of 20 mg. over a period of a few weeks but still felt a bit crummy the next day. I was advised by some very nice people on another forum to split up the dosage over a twelve hour period, so I took two in the morning, two mid afternoon and two at night, all with food. That really helped. (My doctor approved of this method). Some people are helped by taking their pills the night before and sleep through most of the bad effects. Others just feel crummy no matter what they do, but splitting the dose really helped me.

Later I was switched to .8 ml. of the injections because the pills weren't effective enough. The injections are 20-30 percent more effective and also help with the stomach problems because the medication bypasses the stomach completely. I also understand it works faster that way. It worked well for me. The only reason I quit MTX is because it made a mess of my skin and I was hoping Imuran would be better. It's not.

I hope you can get around the side effect issues. MTX really is a good drug for many people.

Jesse
01-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi Danica,

Your dosage is pretty high too at .7 but I sure do understand why you wanted to take another one to control the rest of your symptoms. I remember when I stopped the MTX because I started the Imuran, all the symptoms came roaring back and I was allowed to go back to my regularly scheduled injection the next week while we waited for the Imuran to kick in. I felt like a junkie waiting for my fix and was actually happy to be sticking myself with that needle, LOL.

A correction to my previous post is, I split the 20 mgs. four times a day, which helped. I understand some people even split the pills over a 24 hr. period and that helps. Anyone who wants to try that should check with their doctor first, of course. On the injections, I felt crummy at first, but soon that passed and I had no more problems after the shots. I hope that will eventually happen to you too.

Many people have told me they take their MTX injections on Friday night which gives them the weekend to get over the side effects. They are the ones who never got used to it and just limp along for one-two days after their MTX dose. But they continue with it because it really helps them in other ways. It's really tough when you have to choose between feeling sick and feeling even more sick.

Danica01
01-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Jesse............

You are right, it is very tough to decide if it is all worth it :? Today the doctor talked about adding Imuran to my routine. What is it like and did it help with the combination of Methotrexate and the Imuran? I was explaining to my love that giving myself the shot isn't the hard part.....just knowing that it makes me feel yucky and knowing that I am doing it to myself is the tough part. I really wish I could get used to the medication but I have just established that Tuesdays are yucky days :wink: I was telling Tim that if anyone looked into our window on Monday nights they would think that I was a drug addict.......I understand ALL of that :D You know, I can handle the day of yuck because when I am not flarig the rest of the week is great! Hey, do you suffer from high blood pressure?

iseedeadmonkeys................

How did it go today????? I was thinking of you and wishing that it was easy and and that it was the right decision for you with no doubts :wink: I was just thinking about you......I am still at Tim's parent house and I started to snack on chocolate chips.........your love for chocolate is contagious :D :D

iseedeadmonkeys
01-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Dani

LMAO i told ya they talk you in to eating them dint i?
yeah it went as well as i could expect really, they said i was leaving on a open door so all is cool, they wished me luck for the future, and said they was only at the end of a phone, i will miss them very much, shame they cant come and live with me for a while lol, anyway it was a really good day spent lots of time with my students, i will go to there graduation and get lots of pics etc, i think all the students leaving this year are the ones i started working with 7 years ago, when they were very little boys, thay are all men now, its lovely to see the progress they have made even if its small, anyway thats the end of the chapter now, its time to close the book for now!
Everyone on here has been fantastic to me helping me in showing me the right direction :D im going thru the first stages of a flare again, medrol lasted 4 weeks to date, not bad considering it was to last me 3 months!!
lol and the fact we both joined on the same day, i think we was drawn to each other (some might call it fate) i dont know what it was but im glad to have you in my virtual family :D
love to you Dani
xxx

Danica01
01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
You are so sweet and I am so happy that I am a part of your virtual family :D I think it was fate because not only did we join the same day we are also on the same yucky medicine on the same day :!: We were brought together to be there for each other not only on Monday nights but through our ups and downs and life changes.

You were right....those darn little buggers talk very loud until I est them and make them quiet :D As a matter of fact.............I think I hear them calling my name right now........Danica......come and eat us!!!!! They sure are asking for it :lol:

mountaindreamer
01-23-2009, 07:12 PM
hi iseedeadmonkeys,

I got a medrol injection in early December. After about 4 weeks, i thought it was wearing off. I was wrong, and felt better in the next couple of days. It has been 6 weeks now, and I still have mostly decent days. I am hoping for the full 3 months, but doubt that it will last that long.

share a smile today,
phyllis

Danica01
01-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I hope your medrol injection is not wearing off and that tomorrow you will be feeling better. Do you have to wait exactly three months before the next one :?:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Dani and MD

If it was the standard injection then i could go back asap for another which would of been sweet!

As i had the increased dose in december, i do have to wait the full 3 months b4 i ask for another, i think this is the reason its not working for me- i have to take blood thinners (warfarin) daily for 2 previous D.V.T's i had, so therefore i cant take any anti-inflammitory drugs, so i think the pain just creeps round quickly than it would usually, blimey does that make sense to you? the risk of me takin brufen is too big of a risk for me, anyway thats it really, so back pain has come back with avengance :twisted: oh and btw Dani arm pain is still killing me if only there was a fly on the wall watching ME put my bra on this morning i think it would of had a field day lol, i aim to keep ppl smiling :D

xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
I never in a million years think i would actually say this but, im looking forward to my dose of mtx in the morning!

Why i hear you say?
my back hurts and mostly all my joints :(
i need some more pain releife tht aint painkillers i dont know what to do with myself atm!

any ideas>?

xx

Danica01
01-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I hear you :!: I am hurting from the lack of sleep and I am anxiously waiting the injection. I would rather have one day of yuck and some great days to follow :D Hopefully when we check in after our shots, we will be feeling much better :wink: :wink: Hang in there, it is almost time :!:

You know, I would give myself and injection of anything if it would help me feel better.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-25-2009, 12:52 PM
yeah im kinda glad your on my wave length hear mate, its always good to know, shame tho, oh and tmrw i get some extra 's in my account lol and have to leave it there til wednesday i dont think il be able to do tht somehow i might go for a nice early walk in the morning and get it b4 the bank takes my money hehehe,
il check in with you too tmrw
xx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-26-2009, 07:40 AM
OMG :shock: i cant stop shaking, ive done way too much this morning, including takin the mtx

ive phoned the drs, esa (benefits), housing benefits, my council, work, garage, my mum, and ive wrote my letter of rsignation! i cant stop tremberling, my whole body :(

OH and to top things off my female rat bais is dying!!

what a morning its been i need to chillaxe

xx

karli1238
01-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Hope your feeling better ISDM. Its great that you got all that stuff done.

I got my dr to write rx for mtx tabs. I'm going to take them on fridays so I can recover on weekends. He said it doesn't really work for lupus patients but I could try it. I've never heard that before and even lupus websites say its a treatment. Man this dr is old school! I hope it makes me feel better. Joints are going crazy now.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Yo Karli :)

what does rx mean?

yeah ure dr sounds about old school lol most of them are just so happens that my old dr got the sack for doing narcotics lmao (why dint he tell me!?) and this new lady dr came in, she diagnosed my lupus b4 i went for all tests etc, and how weird is this? she used to work with wot is now my consultant! talk about fate! i was originally with this woman consultant but she was crap and told me she aint treating me with lupus meds coz i aint got it haha wronggggg, anyway kars i hope it works for you? im not doing grand atm i can barely move today coz the joints are hurting so much, but the sun is shining and its somewot warmer so im smiling thru the sickness and pain :D

keep it real girl
ISDM
xx

karli1238
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Nice that you have sun. I got up to a trace of snow that really helps my joint pain. Not. Oh well I'm in drs office now so I can get some more pain meds for back. Wonderful degenerative disc!

Oh and rx is short for prescription. Not really sure why though. I just like shorten words esp typing with sore fingers on blackberry.

Hope your feeling better.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I was thinking of you this morning when i was sitting in the drs waiting room, and loadsa ppl in there who i knew but hadnt spoke to for years ya kno? the uncomfortable silence you get :? so anyway i think my mtx is gonna be put up to top dose, its a shame i cant take anti inflammatories like i said in a previous post, the dr agreed this was a problem! but not worth the risk, she thought about it but decided warfarin plaquenil and brufen?? nah x

Danica01
01-31-2009, 10:59 PM
I am so sorry to hear that they are going to increase your dose. I was pretty upset when they did it to me; however, it helped and I know it will help you :wink: I just hope you adjust to it fast and don't have too many more Tuesdays feeling down and yucky! I am sorry I haven't been here lately. The doctor gave me some new medicine and I am normally a sleep right now due to the new meds but I had to hop on and tell you that I miss you. Oh, I am finally on Face Book. Let me know how you are feeling and how your weekend was :!:

iseedeadmonkeys
02-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Danica is on facebook?
wohooooo :D

yeah im feelin okish about the whole increase drugs thingy i need help with it, im in too much pain at the mo, went shopping for food yesterday dint even get half way thru when my back statrted again :(

ive missed you loads i thought you fell down a well in the middle of some field :? and you dint have a mobile becuase you couldnt get signal for help! but if it was just new drugs il let you off, as long as your tim is looking after you!
nearly end of w/e the days of the week have just flew past i cant quite keep up!

speak soon il go look for you on facebook :D oh but il need a surname?

mwah
xx

Danica01
02-02-2009, 02:30 AM
I asked you to be my friend!!!! I am so excited :D I am so sorry to hear about your back........can't they find something to help you :?: I am frustrated enough for the both of us :? Just keep in mind when the up your dosage......it will get better and it will help you. It is going to feel yucky for some time but be strong and fight through it :!: I will be here with you every step of the way. I will be your computer shoulder to cry on :wink:I will also allow tons of chocolate into your home during this time.......but only this once......hehehe :lol: Tim has to travel over the next few days so I am a bit sad right now and can not seem to get to sleep :( Oh well, tomorrow is a new day :!: How are you feeling today.......how is the methotrexate treating you this lovely morning? Hang in there and I am sending you thoughts of a pain free day and lots of gentle hugs :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I accepted your friend request on facebook, and sent you a message!

wow you and your tim were excactly how i imagined you to be:)
its cool, we need to keep this forum tho :)

Iwoke up to 6 1/2 inches of snow, ive been out playing in it all morning, we have still got loads its still really snowing, check out my snowman i built with my friends and neighbour on facebook, you will see an up to date pic of me lol oh and check out the state of that rash on my face!! cant beleive im already getting one i must be super flaring!

So i was jerking ealeir my whole body couldnt relax it was awful and went on for 2 hours, thts the second time this week, i will be writing to the consultant about everything,

il send you my mobily no just for emergency purpouses

i hope you aint too glum! tim will be back b4 you kno it plus by tht time you will be ok and well :D

xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Danica

where are you? i spoke to you for a bit on facebook
but then you went,
i hope you are ok? iguess its the mtx still making you feel yucky :(
i am too been awake since 1am its now 5am im gonna wait for it to get light b4 i try to sleep again, coz im scared of the dark :shock:

hopefully speak to you soon
much love
me
xx

lmangusrn
02-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Well after reading several posts I dont feel so bad it sounds like everyone is about the same with thier meds and symptoms. What I find funny is everyone has thier little nicknames for their days. Mine is on Thursdays which I call the blue day, then I have the next three days off work to recover and be ready for my Monday when I start work again.

Cuurent meds I am on right now is: Lipitor,Premarin,Celebrex, Armour, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, ASA, Vitamin D, Falxseed Oil, Ambien, Hydrocodone and Skelaxin. Then of course the Colace OTC when needed or the Imodium OTC when needed on the days I don't need Colace. Then the dramamine I keep in my purse for the nause because the phenergren I use only at night because it makes me sleep. Then ther is always the Prilosec that I take every day to help with all the side affects of the meds but seems to really not help at all and just adds another pill to what I have to take. I keep a bottle of antibiotics with me at all times so that i can start on them when I get yet another infection. I guess we should all give our selves a pat on the back just because we know how to keep the meds all together and know what we are doing. Hats off to everyone. :lol:

iseedeadmonkeys
02-05-2009, 02:40 AM
Hello there Imangusrn :D

Good morning to you, i call it M-day to my friends online, but there are other words i use for it too...............i will be modified if i repeat them on here :lol:

Wow you also take a handful of pills too!
Welcome to the methotrexate club :) there are badges on your way in :D

I like the idea of carrying a bottle of antibiotics around with you :)

take care
ISDM
x

lmangusrn
02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I feel like the med queen now. Is there a prize for that? :roll: Some of the meds it takes me all day to get them all down. And of course those speical days that you have to add in more like antibiotics and of course the meds for the yeast infection the antibiotics given you and then there's the diarrhea meds for the problems that you are getting with that from the antibiotics also. Crap. I feel that the drugs define me more than I want. I guess it's who we are now. But somedays can be overwhelming.
It's a cycle I want to get rid of but know I can't. I guess I will have to say"that which does not kill me will only make me stronger.[/list]

Danica01
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi love! I am here and doing well. Last year Tim and I put together a volunteer clean up of one of the ares close to home that we enjoy. We had over 300 people come out to pick up trash!!! It was a huge success!!!! anyways, we are doing it again and it is this Saturday!!!!! Hey, you are a friend of the clean up......I forgot! So, with it being this Saturday I seem to be working on it from morning to bed time. I will be happy when it is over so I can rest but I will be anxious to do it again next year! How are you feeling today?????? Did you find out if you need to increase your meds yet?????? What do you have planned for the weekend????? By the way I spent forever going through your pics..............you have soooooooooo many! They all made me smile! I am so happy we know what each other looks like! Oh, you were 100% right..............the darn chocolate won't talking to me!!!!!!!!!!! They made me make chocolate sugar cookies today!!!!!!!!!! They even talk to me in my sleep.................hehehehehe!!!!!

Danica

where are you? i spoke to you for a bit on facebook
but then you went,
i hope you are ok? iguess its the mtx still making you feel yucky :(
i am too been awake since 1am its now 5am im gonna wait for it to get light b4 i try to sleep again, coz im scared of the dark :shock:

hopefully speak to you soon
much love
me
xx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-07-2009, 04:23 AM
AHA!!

I see the chocolate does it to you too still tut tut lol.
Ow im glad you liked my pics, yeah there are rather alot on there ive been a member since 2005 so thats most of my albums from the begining lol, there are alot of randoms on there and drunken nights too lol,
I am seeing the consultant on monday EARLY morning so i will not be taking my mtx on the journey ewww no thanx lol, plus if he is putting it up theres no point waiting for another week, plus i wanna ask about injection form rather than the little yellow pills,
Goodluck with this w/e and your pick up :D i really do wish i was there, il be there in spirit though, get bored look up il be waving down 8)

speak soonage Danica
xxx

Danica01
02-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Thanks for all your support! It was amazing :D Last year Tim and I just saw soooo much trash and decided something had to be done.......two people did all of that and got 300 people out there to pick up trash on their Saturday. I am happy to report that we had 500 people and took out 21 tons of trash last Saturday!!!!! We even had large corporations ask how we get all those people out there.......Tim and I look at each other and shrug, we have no idea how we do it....it just happens :!: Thank you for thinking of us!!!!!!

So will you take it later on Monday????? I hope you can do the injection......I still have side effects from it but it by passes my stomach which makes a huge difference :wink: Let me know how it goes and good luck,I will be thinking of you!

Danica01
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
How are you feeling?????? I hope you are doing ok. You have had a pretty eventful day today....get some rest and hopefully tomorrow will be a bit easier for you :wink: I am just about ready to take my shot :cry:

iseedeadmonkeys
02-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Danica :)

I keep waking up at 6am?? wots that all about? took the new dose last night and i must say taking it at night time seems to subside the side affects cause............well ya asleep init! i might do the same next week too, dont feel sick or anything today which is sweet! back is slightly painful only gotta do clothes washing this morning, need to warm up too ive been freezin all night long and hot and cold again :?, i think the increase to 12.5 may start working with me now which is happy days :D

The weather here has somewot changed to last week, we still had snow everywhere and now we have rain we have had floods all night long and with the snow melting too its been a right old laugh and a half<--bet you here my accent there lol, had a few power cuts last night great! hate the dark :(

Overall i think the whole visit with kev was good i look forward to everything he has on offer for me just to find out whats what really,
Anyway my love i hope you are feeling on top of things today,

Thank tim for the email, im really pleased the pick up went well, WELL DONE YOU BOTH :rocol: YOU DESERVE A BIG CHEER,

Ciao for now
Jane
xx

Danica01
02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Ahhhhhhhh thanks, you made me smile! I am still feeling yucky right now.....I don't know what that is all about!Maybe it is because we have had a lot of rain and probably doesn't help that I am not sleeping much at night :? I am so hopeful that this dose will work for you and I really hope you get some relief soon!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed until then..........is it better yet.....hehehehehe :D

Danica01
02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
They dropped my methotrexate to .6cc today! She was worried the dose may be to high for my system at this point :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Blimey they dropped you!!
thats a funny time to be doing that,

Im really much the same i am when i spoke to you this morning, pretty much down in the dumps again :(

Danica01
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
They dropped it one cc but actually put me on more, new medicine....so, I have a feeling it was just a trade off :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Danica,

Ive had the worst w/e ever, and its not improving im crying again cause the pain is soo unbarable :( i dont know what else to do, theres nothing else the drs can give me for this pain, i just wanna do summin even if its just go to the bottom of the road! i cant im soo scared im not gonnaa be able to get out of bed one morning, the pressure is building up as we speak, but what else can i do?, ive taken over 25 tablets today and thts included my mtx and pred and painkillers and this and that i cant take this no more,
i needed this site this w/e, theres nothing else i can do is there? except wait and hope the new dose works for me and the pred starts to work soon hmm

Danica01
02-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Love! What have they given you for your pain? Can they give you something stronger? I hate saying this but maybe it is time they increase your methotrexate to see if it can help a bit more. I know it will be tough but we will get you through this! I just hate seeing you in so much pain. I wish I was there! I would help you out of bed every morning just so you could get outside!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanx Danican

its co-dydramol still but im upped on my methotrexate will be 3rd week on new dose on monday, i forgot a was on too so tht dont help back pain at the best on times either, i will get there you kno that too, im gonna see how i am on wednesday if its still too unbarable i will get to the drs again, and beg for more stronger stuff, surely theres stuff out there that isnt brufen based right?

keep you posted

xxx

Danica01
02-20-2009, 01:17 AM
How is your back doing?I know you sad it still bother you, has it gotten worse over that last week or so???? I think about you often when it comes to your back pain.

iseedeadmonkeys
02-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Ty you for thinking of me, yeah its still there i feel the pressure just not the pain so all good in the hood!!, il see wot it does for this week i need to get my routine back on track again, thats when im happy :)

xx

Danica01
02-20-2009, 09:45 PM
I am happy you are at least pain free but I do know the pressure is yucky too!!!!! How did you sleep last night????? I am hoping you got some sleep and hopefully you will get back on your schedule! I am still keeping food down but my legs are throbbing tonight!!!!!!! I am going to take something and see if it helps a little bit. I will chit chat with you later......I sure did miss you!!!!!!

sick n tired
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey...I am sorry that you guys are so sick for almost half the week. What is the drug used for? If you don't mind my asking. I know it is chemo, but what benefits are you looking for?
iseedeadmonkeys, and Daniaca...I will be praying for you both on Mondays and Tuesdays..that can't be good to feel that awful...
Hugs...

mountaindreamer
02-21-2009, 12:51 AM
he sickntired

immunesuppresent meds (chemo) are used to lower the immune system in an effort to slow sle. The problem is that they zap all of your immune system, and several effects similar to those of cancer patients appear.

it is tough, but works for lupus.

My answer is not very informative, but wanted to reply. someone will be along who can do better.

iseedeadmonkeys
02-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Yeah excactly what the mountain said, the side affects are a right bummer tho :(, the only ones ive experienced is, hair loss (like clumps fall out) sickness (mainly nausia) weakness, dioreha (sp?) i think thats all, thing is with mtx (methotrexate) its quite hard to get the dose right so when ya start on it you spend endless weeks and months going for blood tests and having it upped and downed til the dose is right for you, tis fun, i dont go for 2 weekly bloods anymore now my body is working well with it so i go for monthly bloods around the same time as i have my warfarin bloods done this time round i had mtx bloods, warfarin bloods and sle bloods done (lucky me),
I hate mtx and dont kno one person who enjoys taking it, but im sure i can quote Danica on this one too with everyone else who takes it, when monday comes its like a big releif you will get extra releif from the pains, so although it makes you yukky the results are pretty darn good :D
Also like mountain said it lowers your immune system so you get increased risk of picking up any kinda bug floating about :( i do think its worth it tho looking into it asking about it too,
also it comes in 3 forms I.V, injection or tablets, i take the pills which are little yellow fellas, Danica has hers injection form, and i think theres someone on here who has thiers via IV but i cant remember who,
hope this helps you sick n tired

Jane
xx

Danica01
02-21-2009, 07:02 PM
I second all the info every one gave on this topic!!!!! It is a very tough drug and I feel like I have the flu when I take it.....it is tough but I know that it is worth it the rest of the week! I wish something else worked this well for me but so far this is it for me! Thanks for your wonderful thoughts on Mondays and Tuesdays!!!! We will use them up!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Methotrexate....................i dare you!!

Well not doing too badly today i would like to say, i havnt even needed to take any pain meds either which is schweet :D

Im living for the moment of my m-day as we all kno it goes belly up sometimes,
i will find things to occupy me, my ickle lupie friend is off to the hospital now to find out the results of her mri so ive just got off the phone to her and am awaiting her results,
Im gooing to meet her on saturday too so we gonna ppaint her town purple with butterflies :D

Danica im here for you and sending big hugs

xxx

Angel Oliver
02-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Im thinking of you all on this drug.Gentle hugs sent now............>...>....>....>xxxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Thankyou hunni means alot xx

Danica01
02-25-2009, 05:37 AM
It amazes me how some Tuesdays after the shot are better than others:-( This was not a good Tuesday and I think a lot of it has to do with me not sleeping. I never sleep well when Tim is gone and you know how e get when we don't sleep....oh well. Hopefully today will be a bit better than yesterday, if not, early to bed again!!!!!!!! How did your meds go this week????? Any yucky feeling or was it a good week for you????? I have been thinking of you. Sorry I have been a bit absent but we just found out my grandma has alzheimers and I am so close with her and I seem to be taking it pretty hard and kind of kept to myself lately.......I am sending you bg hugs today and thoughts of a pain free day!!!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Hey you,

Im sos sorry to hear about yur grandma :( its hard when you get news like that, i remeber when my nan started loosing her marbles (dementia) she still alive like but we dont make a big thing about it coz its me nan init, we just take the mickey out of her (in a nice way lol) she would never want us to change infront of her, so whenever i see her and she calls me emma (which is my sisters name) i always say to her "you wanna sort it out dont ya, my names Jane it always has been" lol stuff like tht which she responds to "yeah i kno its me age init" lol shes still funny at 87 love her!! :)

Yeah its strange aint it some weeks im fine others it hits me like a rhino (hmm couldnt think of what to say there??!!) This week it made me really depressed but i think im gonna have to blame the prednisolone for that one not the methotrexate, i slept for 13 hours last night (bit greedy yeah i know) so im back to my nutty old self today and feelin pretty damn good :D

Dont worry about keeping yaself to yaself Dani im always here if you need me :)

All my love and sending big BIG hugs

Jane
xxx

mountaindreamer
02-25-2009, 06:13 AM
hi Danica,

So sorry to hear about your grandma. I remember when my "Bobba" had a stroke, and her mind was gone. It was so difficult, but at the same time, so funny. We had many jokes....she kept saying the "babies are crying" and I kept telling her no they werent' She asked me" why do you think you can hear the babies better than I can" I replied "because you wearing hearing aids and I don't" She thought for a second and said "ok" It was all done with respect, and now I have fond memories of our "out of this world conversations"

I know this is a tough time....sorry to hear you are having to deal with it.

phyllis

iseedeadmonkeys
03-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Where have you been hiding?

Im thinking about you today, just to let you know im still here alive and kicking!!

Peace out sister
ISDM
xx

sisterbigbone47
03-16-2009, 08:01 AM
I am so happy to seeeeee this post at home today -I was beginning to think i was crazy
I take 2.5 mg -4 pills mtx on fridays feel so sick and tried-can't do anything -is it safe to take pain med before taking mtx-or do this work for u

sisterbigbone47
03-16-2009, 08:12 AM
I was so happy to see the reply to the mxt-at first i thought it was just me -I work full time right now and i take the 2.5 mg-4 pills once a week on fridays-but recently-it been taking the whole weekend for me to just pull-myself back together-can anyone give advice on the crushing pain in the feet and the sick feeling when taking mxt-just having a rough day-and the weather here in louisiana is rainy-has been raining since friday.

sick n tired
03-16-2009, 08:53 AM
My hope is that today is not as bad as before and maybe you all can sleep through all of the bad stuff...very, very, gentle hugs...

ashleybaby715
03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
my methotrexate day is sunday.

but surprisingly, it doesnt affect me at all. im just really thirsty all the time! but my doctor said that it will do that to you!
i guess i lucked out by not having really any affects from it!!

iseedeadmonkeys
03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Yo mtx babes!!!

Mine is on a monday,
I seem to be coping ok with it now i take 12.5mg which is 5 of the 2.5mg, and its working well with me now, i get ill for about an hour after taking it, but my body is taking to it nicely so the drs say........................

chin up ppl.......tmrw is a better day

ISDM
xxx

Danica01
03-24-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm here........I'm hear and I have missed you so much!!!! Especially on our Mondays. You are the only one who I can cling to who actually knows what it feels like to feel this poison hit your system and take its toll on your insides:-( How are you feeling today????? How is the methotrexate working?????? Did you have to up your dose yet??????? I am hanging in there and I am glad to be back......please forgive me for being gone so long........I won't leave you again!

mountaindreamer
03-24-2009, 05:21 AM
danica and ISDM

my rheumy wants me to start methotrexate next week. she says she gives small doses. i have read here that a new belief is that large doses for short time are better. do you ladies have advice on dosage, day of week to take, subsequent effects etc

thanks, hope both of you are having good days, ISDM: hope the operation went well for michael. Danica....it is wonderful having you back.

Angel Oliver
03-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Oh Danica you were missed.Welcome back and hope you are feeling ok and Tim is well.

love
Angel.xxx

Danica01
03-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Angel, I missed you!!!!

Phyllis, this is a hard one. I was very selfish when it came to the day I took my methotrexate. I didn't want it to take away my time on the weekends. However, now that I am on a Monday night schedule, it cut into my work life when I was working. So, it seems like a double edge sword. If you are not working, I would try Mondays. It gives you the beginning of the week to deal with this medication and by Wednesday or Thursday, the toughest part is over and you will feel good for the weekend. If you are working and can not take anytime off during the week, you may want to do it on Friday and by Sunday you should feel much better. I would also recommend the shot form if you have a sensitive stomach. I took the oral form at first and it made me so sick to my stomach. I still feel like the I have the flu when I take my shot but it does bypass my stomach and I don't throw up as much. As for the dose, starting off low is good. If it does not help enough you can increase the dose until you find a level that works best for you. Just be prepared to feel kind of yucky. Have book and movies handy and stay in bed!!!!!! You may need to take a little extra pain medication at this time but remember it will pass and you will feel better! We will be here for you and help you get through all of it!!!!! We will always answer you questions to the best of our ability. You are not alone and we know exactly how you feel! Keep your head up and keep us posted on what you all decide!!!!!

mountaindreamer
03-25-2009, 04:59 AM
thanks danica

the thought of taking something that is going to make me feel worse for a few days each week makes me sad. i once told me rheumy that i would rather suffer through flares and take pain pills until it passes than to take the steroids and immune suppressents. she said she understood and did not disagree with me, but we both know that slowing the progression of lupus is necessary....but how do we do this without harming ourselves.

what a cruel disease.

iseedeadmonkeys
03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey mountain,

Oh ok so its in the pipeline for you? or is it summin your gonna start on?

Now everyone is different with taking (m)ethotrexate, there are so many different types of chemotherapy out there and everyone takes theres differently to how their bodies cope with it, As Danica said she tried the tablet form but got sick from it so is now on injection form, ive in quired about injection form but rhume wants to keep me tablet, Now they usually ask you to take it on mondays, as they will give you folic acid to take as well, but never on the same day usually you take (f)olic acid on a friday the reason why ive put the first letters in brackets for the days (m)onday and (f)riday....can ya see where im going with this? lol, the side affects in people are all different too, i used to get ill monday tuesday and wednesday morning, but now its for about 3 hours on a monday, you will be asked to go for 2 weekly blood tests whilst taking it, they may start you on a low dose to start with as to see how well your body copes with it, the bloody test will show the drs how well your liver and kidneys are taking to the new drug, also give it time to get into ure system, it takes a good few months to get there, but does eventually!

Anyway babe i hope this helps you, feel free to ask us anything about taking it, thats why i set up this thread.......welcome lol

love and peace
Jane
xxx

Danica01
03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Jane.......I never thought about the whole first letters.....that is brilliant, I feel kind of silly that I never caught onto that.....hehehehehehe! You gave some great advice.......I think we will be able to take care of her!

mountaindreamer
03-25-2009, 03:42 PM
thank you both so much,

each of you gave me very valuable information, and i will now be able to ask intelligent questions, and thankfully, my dr. appreciates knowledgeable problem solving. the (m) and (f) thing is truly brilliant....i can't wait to use this one. thank you both so very much....i can now make somewhat intelligent decisions.

jane, at my last visit in feb., my rheumy said she wanted me to get out of the flare (so i can think) and that we will probably start methotrexate at our next meeting, and that is next week. she also gave me reading material, so i guess she plans for me to start. i am just so frightened about going to the next phase of this, i haven't had time to get used to this one yet.

i wish there words to describe the value of this forum.

mountaindreamer
03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
i see my rheumy tomorrow...we will make final decision about mtx. i have made notes of all that i learned hear, and i will take with me. thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge.

Danica01
03-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Good luck and we will get you through this if he happens to put you on Methotrexate!!!!!!! We have been working together for along time regarding this med and all the side effects it has and just how to get through it!!!!! I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best!!!!! I will check in through out the day and waiting for you post!!!!!!! I am sending you lots of hugs!!!!!!

Danica01
03-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi love!!!!!! I am just checking to see how m-day went for you!!!!!!! I took my shot a bit later tonight so I am just starting to feel it!!!!! I have a question for you.......do you get hot flashes????? From the start of methotrexate I sweat more and seem to go through horrible hot spells!!!! I was just wondering if you felt that too!!!!!! I am thinking of you and sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of chocolate!!!!!!!

mountaindreamer
03-31-2009, 05:43 AM
sounds like i should stock up on chocolate before my dr. appt. this afternoon.:laugh:

iseedeadmonkeys
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
do you like marmite?

i seem to eat loads of savory snacks during mtx so my o/h buys me lots of marmite snacks and savoury sticks etc,
Then the next day i eat alot of chocolate stuff lol, yes mountain get chocolate in :)

Dan no i dont get hot flashes but i need to open my bowels very quickly (sorry to be gross) but then after that im ok til it comes to night time and still having major probs with my sleep (lack of or sleep paralysis) very scary!

oh and mountain ive just thought, top yaself up with a glass of orange juice a day plus 1000mg of vit c the lupus supresses you immune system anyway, but taking chemotherapy makes it just worse lol happy days, rmember we are here for you

all my love
xxx

mountaindreamer
03-31-2009, 10:52 AM
thanks iseedeadmonkeys,

can't drink oj because of the acid, but i will definitely check on vit c today at the dr. thanks for all of the guidance....i am not nearly as frightened by starting mtx as i was. i know i have the support here, and you guys will help me if i stumble.

chocolate sounds like a great treatment...

iseedeadmonkeys
03-31-2009, 12:46 PM
of course you will have the support from us :guitar5:

and marmite?

lol xx

Ria0331
03-31-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm on 1CC of Metxo and I guess i'm lucky cause I don't get bad side effects from it. I do get my side effects from the Prednisone that I am on and also I have been dealing with stress and I think a stomach bug where I was living in the bathroom. TG that it is starting to subside expecally since we are moving on thursday and I really can't be sick that day and can't really be sick now cause of packing. I sure hope that you are feeling better tho and that your doc can help you work through your side effects from the metxo. To answer your question i do believe that 1CC=10MG from what i see i will post the link for you to look at.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_cc_in_1_mg_of_medication

mountaindreamer
03-31-2009, 07:19 PM
hi danica and jane,

well, i got me a giant snickers bar, and took my first mtx shot tonight. the dr. spent over 1 hour with me today, and we decided that mtx was the best way to go.

i also take 5 folic acid tabs every day, plus i have another med (can't remember the name now) that i take the morning after, and at lunch on same day.

i too will take my mtx on mondays, so i guess i am joining your club. don't know what to expect tonight, but i guess i will find out. at least i have my chocolate to get me through the night.

my dosage is 1 mm via a injection once a week. i get blood work every two weeks for a while, then once a month, and i don't remember after that.

my rheumy was thrilled that i belong to the forum, and that i am becoming so educated on this crazy disease. we went over all labs, and i feel so fortunate to have a dr. that likes for her patients to be informed.

thanks to both of you for everything.

iseedeadmonkeys
04-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Ria,
Tahnk you so much for clearing that up for me, its been driving me mad for like ever!! lol
now i kno whats what, just a little bit of extra knowledge nver goes a miss does it?

Mountain,
5 folic acids a day????? are you sure thats right? crikey!! i was told not to take the folic with or on the same day as the mtx! :unsure:
i like big super sized snickers yumm (althought i still call them marathons hehe)

The more the merrier in this chemotherapy club the better, its good to see what works well with everyone :yes:

Your bloods will be every 2 weeks to start (like you said) then once a month then if everything is panning out every 2 months (which is what im on) but the scars make ya look like a :crackhead: lmao!

And any time sweetie, my rhuemy is pleased im part of this wacky group too, and my dr we always chat about stuff tht ppl have posted on here lol

xxxx

mountaindreamer
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
hi ISDM,

yes, i have verified that i am to take 5 folic acid tablets every day. Each tablet is 1 mg. dr. said they would help with hair loss and nausea. she also prescribed Leucovorin (10 mg) that i take twice the day after my mtx. i wonder if the difference is because i take a shot....don't you take the pill?

it is interesting the difference in the treatments that the drs. prescribe. She also told me that after i have been on MTX for a while, we will discontinue my plaquenil. i have not heard anyone talk about that either.

i told her about your friday (f) and monday(m) formula, and she thought that was very clever. however, she specifically said i would be taking folic acid every day....it is even printed on my script label.

anyone have any thoughts about the different doses?

Danica01
04-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Welcome to our club!!!!!! I am so happy they are making you take so much folic acid. My doctor wants me to take a lot also. I am on 6cc ever Monday!

Mountain Dreamer, how did you feel after your shot?????? I am interested to hear how it affected you and if you felt better from it. Hang in there and we will always be there for you! Stock up on chocolate and it will make you all better.......right Jane????? Hehehehehehehe!!!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
04-05-2009, 05:29 AM
Yessssss the more chocolate the better way of life hehehe and its ok that u have as much as u like once a week, just blame it one the meds......anyway its not good to diet on mtx!

Omg its monday tmrw :(

mountaindreamer
04-05-2009, 10:50 AM
ugh, tomorrow is monday,

my first MTX injection went ok. i woke the next day with a pretty bad head ache (which is unusual for me) and was really exhausted for two days. since then, i have really felt ok.

my rheumy said it would take about 3 months to get the full effect, but so far, so good.....thanks to you guys and chocolate.

iseedeadmonkeys
04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
hey girlies...thinking about you today!

Im not too bad just got other aches and pains to be worrying about
im eating the mini eggs so shared all around to you

peace
xxx

mountaindreamer
04-06-2009, 09:25 AM
hi my mtx friends,

i awoke this morning and went "yuk, it is mtx day" i have decided to give my little dog his heartworm and flea medicine today....it will be a med day for both of us.

i forgot my chocolate...got to go back to the store.

my vision of dinner tonight is that of the "last supper". i dread eating because i know what i have to do afterwards.

iseedeadmonkeys
04-06-2009, 09:43 AM
hiya turns out from when i just wrote tht last message ive made me self really ill, so im gonna have to return to bed, bloody annoying mtx aint affected me like this for weeks! anyway peace to you both, keep it real il check in with you when im back in the land of the living lol xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
04-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Silly me, i really need to learn tht however tired i am i just cant sleep on mondays!!

anyway im here again bored out of my mind!!

mountaindreamer
04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
hey girl,

let me tell you abut the chocolate that i got for myself to spoon my sorrows over tonight....it is a chocolate mousse that has 3 layers, the bottom is dark chocolate, the middle is milk chocolate, and the top is white chocolate....now think about a giant mousse that you can lie on the top of, and just float off to sleep.....mmmmm sweet dreams.

cptnblah
04-06-2009, 02:41 PM
The MTX mg depends on your bottle strenth. My bottle says 25mg/ml. So that means if you take a 1cc injection...you are taking 25mg of meds. I also have been having luck on my side effects when I take my steroids at a lower dose on the day that I take my shot. I have had luck for the last 3 weeks now by not having the bad effects. I just have the crazy head buzz which feels good.

iseedeadmonkeys
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
blah yeah i kno what you mean, im or i was on lower dose of pred and sailed thru side affects im now off them again!!!!! and not coping well

Mount, you lucky little fish!!! gosh...im jealous!

xxx

mountaindreamer
04-06-2009, 08:04 PM
hey cptnblah,

head buzz, is that what is making it hard for me to talk...my tongue feels heavy, and my words are slurred. i really don't want to exert the energy to talk to anyone.

mountaindreamer
04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
hi danica,

are you going ok?

sick n tired
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I am thinking about you all...I hope tomorrow will be better and less pain and nausea...

iseedeadmonkeys
04-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Well i dont know about today being better.......but im off to chelmsford Essex to run around a park with a load of kids......goodness me good idea? bad idea?
i guess we will see later lol

have a good day everyone

xxx

Ps song of the week thats rocking my world, is Pussycat dolls Jai Ho...please check it out i love it!! oh and the movie Slumdog Millionare top stuff ppl!!!

mountaindreamer
04-07-2009, 08:18 AM
having a yuk yuk day. stomach, back, head.....everhting feels like crap today....

Rastagirl
04-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Aww....sorry Phyllis....

Sending you super gentle, very easygoing hugs... :hug: Just to let you know that someone cares.

Can you crawl back in bed with a heating pad, some pain meds and maybe read your 'Book Chat' book?

Wish you didn't hurt so much.....if I was there, I'd send you back to bed and fix you some chicken soup and put it on a lap tray with a vase of bright colored flowers....and there would be a Mister Potato Head with silly eyes and a goofy smile and giant shoes...standing in the corner of your tray.

Would that help?

Hang in there...hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

mountaindreamer
04-07-2009, 01:20 PM
thanks so much lori,

the mr. potato head made my day....i will smile every time i remember your picture. yes, that would make my day. i am spending it in bed, the dr. gave me some good "rescue" meds and i am actually feeling a little better. both of my girls are out of town, so i am here by myself and dogs. tomorrow will be much better.

when no sleeping, i am reading the book.

thanks for your kindness, made me smile.

Danica01
04-08-2009, 01:26 PM
How are you doing love?????? It is some yucky stuff.......we all know how you feel! I had a really rough Monday and Tuesday.....today is a bit better.......what dose did they start you at?????? Do you notice yourself feeling better yet???? We are here for you! If you like tea.....drink some mint tea for the stomach aches. For the body aches I will soak in a warm tub of epson salt. It also helps if you have some tickle your back.....I know it is weird but it helps the nerves focus on something else and your body will start to relax a bit. I always have a hard time eating so I will eat really well on Sunday and kind of live on toast and light things on Monday and Tuesday! Wednesday, I will eat whatever sounds good.....I deserve it after all of that!!!!!

having a yuk yuk day. stomach, back, head.....everhting feels like crap today....

mountaindreamer
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
hi danica01,

thanks for all of the great advice....i love tea, so will definitely brew some mint tea. i did not think about taking a warm bath...i will remember that next week......oh, and tickling the back sounds absolutely delightful....i will definitely remember this one.

i am actually doing better today. i woke this morning, and could not believe the difference....hope it lasts....i am taking 1milimeter injection which equals 25 mg pill.

i traveled out of town today to one of the factories, did a safety inspection, and drove back hom....was so happy to be driving through the country on this beautiful day.

hope you are feeling better today. i know that you are here, and that i am not alone....is so comforting.

Danica01
04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
It can be really tough but doing just a few things to make you comfy can make such a difference! Wednesdays are always good! You feel the effects of the shot and at that point you start to see it is worth it! By Sunday night and Monday morning I can tell my body needs it again......it is interesting to see how our bodies react and to feel the positive changes even from something that is so strong!!!!! Where do you give yourself your shot????? I will do one leg one week and another leg the other week. Some weeks I have built up scar tissue that I have a hard time getting it to go in! That is why I asked where you do it!!!!! It is nice having you on this not so great but great team!!!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
04-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey girlies keep it real yeah!!

we all will get thru this

xxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
04-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Hello Everyone

Thinking of all of you today the ones who post and the quiet ones (you kno who you are)

Ive just taken my does of poison so will be kicking in soon,

peace to you all

ISDM
xxxx

Angel Oliver
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi Jane,

I hope you get through today and feel better soon.Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs.

love
Angel.xxx

mountaindreamer
04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
hi jane,

i, too, just took my dose of "yellow poison"....not looking forward to tomorrow, but i feel better the other days. Yuk Yuk Yuk

Rastagirl
04-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Lori has slipped into the thread to give each of you a Methotrex Hug :grouphug: .....

It's like a regular hug, only much bigger. It carries the message: I'm sorry you have to feel like crud at first...sorry you have to put this stuff in you, but I'm glad they have something that gives you some good days.

I'm sorry Lupus makes it so you guys have to do this every week....but I'm glad you have each other to help out along the way!

I'm feeling pretty pissed at Lupus today and what it does to my friends, so I'm going to

:fist: :chairshot: :fighting0061:

Give it a WHACK!!

There....got it for you!

I'll be thinking of you Tuesday and sending positive thoughts to comfort each of you.

Fondly,

Lori

mountaindreamer
04-14-2009, 02:45 AM
thanks lori,

i love the rock to the head smiley....that is what this shot does, but we get it back by wacking it with the chair....thanks for the love.

iseedeadmonkeys
04-20-2009, 04:54 AM
Does anyone else get really emotional?

It seems like whenever itake mine the emotions run HIGH lol

Hmm another teary day i think!

Thinking of you all

xxx

mountaindreamer
04-20-2009, 07:25 AM
hi ISDM,

i really have to work on my emotions on monday. I try to stay busy, but in the back of my mind, i know that the damn shot is sitting in my cupboard waiting on me.....drives me crazy, and yes emotions run high. I have my ritual of going to the store and buying a yummy chocolate treat for after the shot....it does not take away the anxiety, but it gives me something to giggle about....

do you have a particular time of day that you take the shot? for some reason, i have chosen 8 or 9 pm....don't know why, just set this as my time to get pissed off and take the shot.

best wishes for you today and tomorrow,

iseedeadmonkeys
04-20-2009, 07:46 AM
yes i have a particular time i take my tabs, i choose 9/10am....god nos why?!

but like to get it out of the way so there we go

im cracking on with mint rock (the pink one) ya get from the seaside....love it seems to take away the sickness too

peace out
xx

iseedeadmonkeys
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
im thinking of you lot today :yes:

im having a good time on it this week makes a nice change, so i thought i would log it, just to remind myself really that its not always bad

peace and love
ISDM
xxxx

mountaindreamer
05-04-2009, 12:56 PM
hello my meth head friend,

my purpose on signing on to the forum just now was to recognize "M Day". you are way too prompt.

I will have a bland dinner to hopefully ease stomach issues tomorrow...wish i could treat myself to a giant bowl of macaroni and cheese, but i will resist because my stomach does not like it when mixed with chemo.

So glad you are not suffering this week...keeps us guessing about how we will feel, and it makes us appreciate it when we feel good.

What kind of chocolate did you enjoy?

iseedeadmonkeys
05-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Well after my breakfast and lunch around 3pm ish hehe, i have a nice tall glass of pepsi max and a like double hmm maybe tripple size shot glass of cadburys mini eggs i love them :) (mainly because the sugar intake picks my right up, i hate sleeping during the day, and wont let lupus get the better of me anymore) but they have left the shop now cause easter is over....but norma stocked me up before they did lol, gawd my day is always so stutchered on a monday lol.

And yes :yes: we must remember the good days we have whilst taking it, otherwise we will forget and always think monday as a bad day, when it really isnt the lupus meth made it that way......uve been in my thoughts alot these last 3 days hope you are doing well?

all my love
ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
hey ISDM

my day has been ok, still recovering from last week's surgery, but starting to feel better. i just took my weekly poison so i am hoping for an easy day tomorrow.

thanks for being such a great friend.

iseedeadmonkeys
05-05-2009, 01:55 AM
You are most welcome mountain,

Thats what im here for

hope you recover well
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
05-09-2009, 01:27 PM
hello meth heads,

Norma bought me summin the other day to help with the sickness yukky feeling ya get with the mtx, so im gonna give them a try on monday, they are Sea bands! anyone heard of them?

So you put them on so the dimple is sticking inwards on ure Nei-kuan point, which would be ya middle three fingers bottom from ure wrist, on the package it says its used for (obv sea sickness) but also used in hospitals world wide for ppl taking chemothereapy (yes that would be us then) try it lemme know how ya get on, and il do vice-versa

peace
ISDM
xxx

wrightrs
05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
I so sorry all of you have to go thought this. I will pray for that day to go well.

mountaindreamer
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
hey ISDM,

what chocolate did you choose for tonight...i guess you have already done the deed, and hopefully are sleeping (but i doubt it).

I went to my local grocery store bakery, and i chose a chocolate moose (fluffy pudding) that is in a chocolate candy cup with a chocolate candy spoon....it is so cute....it is my reward for taking this shot -

it is so hard giving yourself a shot that you know is going to make you feel like ----- when you wake up in the morning.

iseedeadmonkeys
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Aint no mountain high enough!!!

Im not sure why it says im in the arcade lol ive been on facebook for the last hour :)

Hey damn right i had (hmm dunno if uve heard of them) but they are called GuyLian they are belgium chocolate seahorses/shells with a praline centre and they are completely lush!!

i got them for easter 2 little boxes lol i have one left now but ive just remembered ive also had a packet of mini eggs too....hehe happy days!

I dont have shots i take the little yellow pills, and usually salut them with whoever is with me at the time, and say "let the good times roll" kinda like in The Lost Boys before Sam drinks the Bottle of blood!

So how are you holding up then?

all my love
ISDM
xx

mountaindreamer
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
hey love,

sorry, i forgot that you take the pill form....i just took my shot, and feeling fine now...thanks for asking.

your chocolate sounds absolutely sinful....yum yum, chocolate seahorses with praline centers....oooooh how sweet. At least we are creative in our chocolate choices.

leannjax
05-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Today was my M day and what I've learned since beginning this treatment is helping me to cope a little better each week.....

1. Ritz crackers and oatmeal are essentials for the first day.
2. Vitamin Water is good too! yummy, cool, and loaded with Bvitamins
3. Going to bed in the middle of the day is absolutely ok on M day and the day after too!
4. Sleep makes it better, hard to vomit when sleeping.:sleepy:
5. Asking for help doesn't mean I'm giving in.

I appreciate the insight of those on this board. I'm definately going to be asking my doctor about injectable Methotrexate because of my side effects and tummy issues. I never would have known about it if I hadn't read it here.

iseedeadmonkeys
05-25-2009, 03:51 AM
peace and love and chocolate meth heads

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
05-25-2009, 06:29 AM
hi ladies,

ISDM>>>>i know you have already taken you pill, and feeling yukky...so sorry, but hope the chocolate is helping.

Hey, Leannjax, ritz crackers actually sound kinda yummy....maybe i will put a piece of chocolate on top and call it my "M day smores".

The day of my shot, i avoid spicy and fried foods....the day after, i eat toast, oatmeal, crackers (now ritz), and other non-upsetting foods. Thanks for the ritz crackers idea...going to the store now.

Happy M day to my meth head friends.

magistramarla
05-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey all,
I just joined the meth heads! I took my first dose last evening. I'm not feeling too terribly bad today. I'm a bit queasy and very, very tired, but it's not too bad. I just hope that this is all worth it and helps with the joint pain.
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
**Rolls in feeling rather tired and light headed**

Norma bought me loads of yummy goods today, i got

Two punnets of strawberry's
Big bag of twiglets
2 bags of rainbow drops
A heat magazine (not from london hehe)
cheese and onion crisps
cheddar TUC's
ginger snaps
big bag of childhood sweets (candy)
and a slab of green and blacks organic mint choc

Ive been crying today, first time ive ever been hugged whilst i cry, i had alot of issues with taking my meth today, i want to come off it now, but ive been talked into cracking on with it.

peace and love
ISDM
xxx

ps i dint eat all tht today but was nice to have a few diff tastes, worked out ginger snaps work well plus the twiglets, actually a bit of everything helped....even the crying!

leannjax
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
:hissyfit:

I cried taking my meth this weekend. Then I felt guilty because really, shouldn't we be grateful for modern chemistry that gives us treatments for our diseases? Then I started crying again because I've decided this is like swallowing poison one day and by the next day I'm so happy I don't have joint pain and swelling, etc. I happy, happy, happy. Mood swings of methotrexate are crumbling all around me and making me feel as if I'm losing my mind. I laugh, I cry, I sleep.....and then I start the whole cycle again.
:laugh::hissyfit::sleepy:
Repeat

Is there any other thing I could be taking besides these little pills of torture? I'm sure my doc won't answer a page on the holiday weekend......
But, we'll be sure to have this discussion the next time we meet!

iseedeadmonkeys
05-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Why do we take it?

Why does it make us sick?

What is the whole point of this heartache?

I just dont know, your very lucky Jax that ure pain free the following days after, i dont get any releif at all, the physio dint work with me so i gave that up, the pred...WELL ive not taken it for 2 months and still no period! my headaches have come back, the nightmares/sleep paralysis i just cant cope with right now, infact i cant cope with anything right now.

Anyway back to that cycle you was chatting about

peace
ISDM
xxx

Saysusie
05-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I know it can be a roller-coaster dealing with the effects of Methotrexate. Are you taking any anti-nausea drugs? The newer anti-nausea drugs prescribed for people taking Methotrexate lead to greatly reduced nausea and vomiting for most people. Nonetheless, these drugs often do not totally eliminate all nausea, especially when taking doses for cancer therapy.
There really aren't any alternatives, per se. Alternatives would also be immunosuppressant drugs with their own set of side-effects. Talk to your doctor about some of the anti-nausea drugs.
I hope that you begin to feel better and that the roller coaster of emotions subsides.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
05-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanx chick!

Needed that tar :yes:

aint seen you for a while hope all is cracking with you?

ISDM
xx

mountaindreamer
05-25-2009, 04:13 PM
it takes everything that i have not to cry on M day. I have to really work at keeping myself in a healthy mindset, but it is not easy. Picking out my special chocolate treat for afterwards seems to be the highlight of my day. (tonight i am having a fudge cycle).

I take the "recovery med" Leucovorin on tuesday morning and tuesday at noon. This really really really helps with the nausea and cramping, etc. It also helps me sleep a little more on tuesday, so i sleep through most of the bad stuff. The only problem is that this med is extrememly expensive...even with insurance, my cost is $65.00 per month. Your dr. might know of something that is more affordable...i am checking next visit, but it really works.

Also, supposedly the injection dosage has lessened side effects on stomach. Don't know for sure, but that is what i have heard.

As much as i hate that little bottle of yellow poison, i do get relief from my symptoms. I wake up wed morning feeling good and ready to go. I usually have several days of feeling good.

woo hoo for the meth head club.

froggal
05-26-2009, 12:10 AM
I always think of you ladies on M day. I still refuse to take it. I havent worked up the courage. You are in my thoughts! Sending you lots of hugs!

iseedeadmonkeys
05-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Hiya mountain,

Do you guys not have a National Health Service?
We get all our meds free, depending on weather or not u wanna go private etc, but thats it, u get NHS or private, AND if your not working like moi u get to apply for a Free med card off the NHS so all in all works out really good for me as i dont pay for any of my medication or (touch wood) any emergency hospital treatment.

Frog,

Thankyou for thinking about us all, its not all bad, i was on a complete downer yesterday, im now much happier slept throughout the whole night and few more hours extra.
But i do think if i had known how id be like now b4 i started taking it, I wouldnt of started.

peace and love
ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
05-26-2009, 11:05 AM
he isdm,

we have medicaid and medicare here, and these national programs help with medicine payments if the person is of a certain age or in a certain financial income group. We have to apply to the government, then they decide if we qualify.

today is yukky, had a tough night but feeling a little better now. tried to eat, but that was a mistake.

thanks angie, i truly hate this stuff, but i know that i will feel better starting tomorrow, and will feel good for a few days. It has really made a difference in my pain and fatigue levels,,,,,hope it is worth it.

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:39 AM
I am just happy that I had some sort of feedback about it before I actually took it. Your suffering has prevented mine. I am grateful to you both for being so honest about your struggles with it. I dont think they will ever talk me in to taking the drug now!! I love you both!

mountaindreamer
06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
hello to the meth heads....hope everyone is doing ok/.

i have been feeling pretty badly for the past couple of days, so a little worried about tomorrow....but i know that wednesday will be better.

ISDM, hope you are doing ok....maybe this week will be easier.

red246
06-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Hello all you meth heads! I have a question for those of you that take the pills. How long after taking them do you start to feel sick? I got the all clear on my bloodwork today so I can strt taking the medicine anytime. I'm just trying to figure out the best day to take it. From what I gather after reading yall's posts is that you're sick fro about a day and 1/2? Is that correct? Considering taking it Friday afternoon so that hopefully by Sunday I will be feeling okay.
Side note - this has nothing to do w/this, but WOW the Dog Whisperer is on Bones! How cool is that?!?!?!?
Okay, back to the topic at hand! :laugh: I know I might be jumping the gun a bit, but anytime I've had take meds that nausea is a usual side effect, I usually get it. I have a very sensitive stomach! :hissyfit: Okay, I guess that's it, brain fog & Bones are distracting me!
TIA for any insight!

mountaindreamer
06-01-2009, 08:06 PM
hey red246,

i take the injection. supposedly this helps bypass so many stomach issues. Also, my dr. gave me a "rescue" med that helps with the severity of stomach cramps.

i feel really bad for 1 day after taking.///then feel really good. I think most people feel ok within 1 and 1 1/2 days.

good luck to you in your decision and when to start.

magistramarla
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey Meth heads!
I took my second dose this Saturday evening. I guess that I must have an iron stomach, or I'm just lucky. I've had a couple of very mild waves of queasiness this time, but that's it! I've continued my usual meals and activities. I have noticed that it does make me a bit nervous and stressed out, and gives me a few sleep problems, but what's new about that?
My question is this - my biggest problem is joint pain, including osteonecrosis. Will the MTX help with this?
Here's hoping we all have a good week!
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
06-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey Marla,

Well this is the thing! im not entirely sure, i mean i thought it waqs to help with the joint pain too, but i think it just supresses ure immune system (slows it down) to restart...like a car battery if tht makes any sence?!

Whilst ive been on it ive had soo much pain joints wise, so if ure not already taking pred or anything else id ask ure dr about suitable pain releif.

My mtx is due to go up next month as im not really reaping the benefits from it, but then again everyones doses to weight and tolerance is different.

I hope you carry on having good fortune with taking it

peace and love
ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
hi marla,

my rheumy used medrol injection (steroid) to first get me out of a bad flare. Then i started the mtx (injection), and have successfully stayed out of really bad flares every since. She only starts mtx when the patient is not in a flare. I agree with ISDM, it is my understanding that the immune suppressent meds slow down the progression of lupus, but are not pain relievers.

i continue to suffer with joint pain, etc., but i don't have bad flares that last for weeks or months.

I have had really good success with mtx (except for day after) and for now, want to stay on it.

mountaindreamer
06-02-2009, 01:46 PM
hey ISDM....how are you feeling? hope your back is not bothering you this time. Have you heard from danica recently? i hope she is ok.

Marla, i am so glad to hear that you are tolerating MTX. Don't be upset if you have a bad day in the weeks to come. Sometimes i get by with little discomfort, and other times i just suffer through the day.

Froggal, don't let our whinning influence your decision.....you should really talk to your dr. As much as i hate the med, i love the way i feel most of the week.

It is tuesday for me, and i have had a relatively easy day today. Have enjoyed the day in bed napping and spending time here with my family of the sky. Not too much pain, and little stomach cramping....even have a small apetite.

hooray the day is almost over and tomorrow will be marvelous.

magistramarla
06-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I can't take any steroids because of the osteonecrosis. The warning label of the MTX said NO NSAIDs, so I've been off of the Mobic. I've read that some people safely continue with Mobic, so I'll ask my doc if I can get back onto it.
After my arthroscopic knee surgery, the "ball of fire" pain deep in my knee went away for a while, but now its back. I'm wondering when an orthopedic surgeon will finally decide that I'm "old enough" for a knee replacement. I'm told that this is the only real "cure" for osteonecrosis pain.
I think that the MTX and Planquenil combo are helping my other symptoms, though.
Thanks, Meth-heads -
Hope you're all having good days.
Marla

mountaindreamer
06-02-2009, 06:38 PM
hi marla,

i am alergic to NSAIDS, so i don't take them....luckily mtx and plaquenil are woking pretty well for me.

iseedeadmonkeys
06-03-2009, 03:20 AM
I cant take them also, cause of the warfarin im on.......although saying tht they had to give me some pred cause i couldnt move at one point but i cant take any AID

We all doing ok so far lol

ISDM
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
06-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Just wanted to say a quick welcome to all the new methotrexate users!

Lets beat this altogether

peace and love
ISDM
xxx

magistramarla
06-06-2009, 08:00 PM
OK Methheads,
I think that I'm beginning to make this MTX thing into a sort of ritual:
Friday evening - enjoy an alcoholic beverage
Saturday - eat lots of healthy food, especially if it is high in folates.
Today, I made shrimp Alfredo with spinach and a big Italian salad on the side.
Saturday evening - take a shower, make a cup of chai tea in my Grandma mug that used to belong to my beloved mother-in-law, take the MTX while watching Primeval (a BBC scifi), follow it up with another cup of tea and a delicious chocolate. My students gave me a big box of excellent chocolates, so I'm enjoying!
It feels like I'm pampering myself, and I really don't feel too bad afterward, just REALLY sleepy.
Here's to a good week for us all,
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
06-07-2009, 11:49 AM
wow Marla!

Your students got you well supplied then :)

Hey i love primevil i was watching tht on sat (shown over here)

Do you like peppermint tea? i love it have a cup every day with my lunch and really helps with nausia,

Keep strong ppl

ISDM
xxx

magistramarla
06-07-2009, 12:06 PM
ISDM,
Yes, I have a cabinet full of herbal teas and natural remedies. I used to be a midwife's assistant over 20 years ago, so I learned all about such things from her. I always kept peppermint tea on hand for colicky babies and the sick tummys of the older kids. They thought of it as "magic tummy tea".
Here in the states, we just watched the first Primevil without Dr. Cutter. We're hoping that they change timelines again or something and bring him back. It was certainly an especially grisly one! It certainly took my mind off of my stomach.
We're waiting for Dr. Who and Torchwood to come back. We've been Dr. Who fans since the '70s (loved Tom Baker!) and I adore Capt. Jack!!!
Hugs from across the pond,
Marla

Angel Oliver
06-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh i agree...Tom Baker was the best for me as Doctor Who....K9 too.....Captain Jack..yes he's fab!!

Jane,

Hope today is easing and you feel a little better and hope tmrw isnt as bad as last week....your slip n backflip.xxxxxxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
06-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Wasnt it Tom Baker who did the voice over on Little britain?

cheers angel

~ISDM~

Angel Oliver
06-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes....and what a wild Doctor he was too...did you ever see him when he was the doc? xxxxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
06-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Angel im not that old to remember hunni

:)

ISDM
xx

Rastagirl
06-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I Love reading your conversations....feels like I'm sitting by the fire in a cozy room, listening to you all chat. Feels homey....

I'll bet this helps new Methotrex users that might happen along, looking for support. You guys make it seem not so intimidating.

Just sayin'........ :yup:

Anyway, I'm sending you all gentle hugs and positive thoughts for tomorrow....M Day. (Marla, you get yours now)

You ladies are inspiring......

Luv ya bunches,

:cool2: Lori

mountaindreamer
06-07-2009, 09:53 PM
marla, i love your ritual....special tea in a special mug, with special chocolate from your students....how nice.

how did you fare this weekend with your med? Hope you had another weekend of little discomfort.

i also like a cup of tea after my shot, then i enjoy my special chocolate treat before going to bed. the day after my shot, i mostly eat jasmine rice and drink diet coke.

i also, like a nice drink the night before.

meth heads rituals.....hmmmm, wonder what the outside world would think we were really doing....ha ha ha

starting my ritual for tonight's shot. yuk yuk yuk

mountaindreamer
06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
hello all meth heads,

it is monday, and i am preparing for my little shot of poison tonight. I have a delimma though, my mom is in hospital because she might be having a heart attack. they are running tests today, and i am torn about going to be with her, or take my med. My dad and 2 brothers are on call to go if necessary. If i take my shot, it will do no good for me to drive to Alabama (4 hours away). I don't know if it is ok not to take my shot....i am waiting for her test results before i make a decision. My brothers can be there until i can get there on Wednesday, so i feel i should go ahead and take shot.

anyway, i have my fruit and rice ready for tomorrow, but I still have to go get my special chocolate treat for tonight.

take care everyone, hope you are all having easy side-effects days from your MTX.

magistramarla
06-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Phyllis,
I hope that your Mom is OK. What a dilemma! Your health is important, but I know that you want to be there for her. Please let us know how she's doing!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
06-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey friends,
I took my third dose this weekend, and seemed to be as usual. However, this morning I was nearly late for my Dr. appointment because I was stuck in the bathroom with horrible cramps. I was still a little green around the gills when the nurse practitioner saw me. Now she wants me to try the injections. I can't say that I'm very thrilled!
OK folks who do the injections, does it really cause less side effects? Some of you still seem to be sick the next day. Is it worth it? I guess Jeff gets the joy of giving me an injection next weekend - OW!
Marla

mountaindreamer
06-08-2009, 08:30 PM
hi marla,

love your avatar....you are a beautiful lady.

i have never taken the pill form of MTX, i was just told that the injection eliminates some of the stomach issues. Yes, i do feel really crappy for one day after the injection, but i get through it with rest and leucovorin. So, i can't compare the injection with the pill, i think you should try the injection and just see if you can tell a difference.

hope you are feeling ok.

mountaindreamer
06-15-2009, 07:47 AM
hello to all of my friendly meth heads,

tonight is the shot, and tomorrow will be yukky, so today i am busy getting all of my chores done. Hope each of you is having a good monday, those that took their med this weekend, i hope you are feeling better, and those taking today, hang in there and i am wishing an easy ride for everyone.

ISDM, i know you are dealing with your med, hope you are doing ok.....and i hope you had a very special chocolate.

i have my chocolate treat ready and will enjoy later.

magistramarla
06-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi fellow meth heads,
Well, I'll be joining the Monday crowd today. We returned late last evening from a quick, hot, miserable trip to Houston.
This is quite a story. About six weeks ago, my dear son wrecked his sports car here in San Antonio. Insurance provided him with a rental for 2 weeks to get back to work in Houston. After that, we sent him back in his Dad's old green Buick. Then the dear boy blew out the radiator in the Buick. (He ruins cars on a regular basis). We weren't about to pay $2000 to repair a $500 car that we plan to get rid of.
Hubby decided to rent a U-Haul to take him a couch and coffee table, since he's looking for a new apartment with a friend, and then to tow the car back. We arrived at his town-house, and were surprised when he told us to back the truck up, so he could load up the rest of his belongings! The room-mate that he was renting from has anger issues (and drug & alcohol problems), and had just put a huge hole in Tom's bedroom wall while arguing with him. Tom decided to move out that day. Tom is a trained Marine, and he did not want the guy to keep provoking him.
We had to put all of his belongings into storage. He's going to stay with his buddy in a company-owned apartment until they find a place to rent. We loaded the Buick onto a trailer yesterday and the three of us headed back to S.A. About 100 miles from home, we blew out a tire on the trailer! It was 102 degrees and we spent an hour and a half at a truck stop called Buc-ee's!
All three of us collapsed in front of the TV when we finally got home. Tom got some sleep and then drove back to Houston in my sweet Aurora. I hate to give the AutoVirus my baby, but we're only taking our new Prius to California. I think I'll damage him myself if he wrecks my baby!
We were too exhausted last night to try the MTX injection. For a person who is supposed to be resting and avoiding stress, my life is just one adventure after another!
Here's to M-day this evening! BTW, tomorrow the new flooring goes in - more stress!
Marla

Oluwa
06-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Head hugs...squeeze... for all of our Monday MTXheads....

Love you,
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
06-15-2009, 08:06 PM
good gosh marla,

what a time you have had the last few days. I understand the fear of waving a kid off as they drive away in my car....makes the stomach turn over a few times. Sounds like this was one of those trips that you will never forget.....hope you all had a few laughs along the way.

i hate that you are going into your med already so very exhausted, please allow yourself tomorrow, you might need it. I do not ever plan anything for tuesday, if by chance i happen to feel ok, i will do a few things, but i really just sleep. I have learned to allow myself tuesday for whatever it is that i need, and this has really helped me cope with the shot....this is not a good time to push yourself.

wish you could pospone the new floors.

As far as nutrition goes, i keep a diet coke beside my bed all night and the next day, water just does not taste good, and i can't add a lemon. When my daughter was going through chemo, i always kept a glass of lemon ice water by her, and she just sipped on it. Also, i eat bland food, mostly toast, fruit, jasmine rice, and that is about it. I made the mistake of having a burrito one tuesday night, and won't ever make that mistake again.

Sorry for the lecture, but this is serious stuff, and i really believe that you need to put yourself as the priority preparing for and recovering from the mtx. Good luck and let me know how you are doing.

By the way, i know from experience how our kids can come along and completely change our best intentions, but what do you do, we just keep loving them and send them on their way.

magistramarla
06-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Phyllis,
Thanks for the lecture. We decided to just put it off 'til next weekend. I had to get my Botox shot down the throat today for the Spasmodic Dysphonia, and our friend who is doing the floors has a cold, so we thought that it might be best NOT to suppress my immune system this week!
On Thursday, the dear boy is coming back into town. On Friday, my pregnant daughter will be here from Arkansas, and she's picking up her sister in Fort Worth along the way. They will be going to a wedding on Saturday. I'll be much better off to do the injection on Sunday and rest on Monday. I'll need the rest!
With five grown children, there is ALWAYS something going on in this family!!
Marla

Danica01
06-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Hi to all my Methotrexate buddies!!!!! I am sorry I have been away so long. There is a lot going on in my life. We are going to loose out home and I am still battling for SSD. It has been really hard over the last few months but I think of you all everyday! I sure have missed you guys!!!!!

I have some bad news.....my shot is no longer on Mondays but on Fridays. Which means my weekend is pretty yuck:-( I took my shot tonight and already the pain and yucky feeling is increasing. I am back up to .7cc each week and the higher dose makes me feel even worse but I start to feel better on Sundays......just in time for Monday!

I hope all is well with all of you and I am so happy to see everyone relying on each other to get them though their yucky days! It makes me smile!!!!!!! I am happy to be back!!!!!!! Hopefully life will give us a break and we can settle in for a bit.....we will see.........

mountaindreamer
06-22-2009, 07:35 AM
happy monday to the meth heads,

Danica, i hope you are feeling better today....I take 1 mm of mtx and then i have to take rescue meds on tuesday to reduce the effects. I really don't know how our doses compare....i wish i was more knowledgeable about cc's and mm's.....

Marla, I certainly understand what grown children can do to your schedule....completely destroy it. But, this med that you are taking is very important, and you must make it a priority....grown kids can learn to leave you out of their Monday plans. How are you feeling today? I hope you are doing ok, my thoughts are with you.

After i get all of my work done today, i will go to the store and pick out my special chocolate treat for tonight....i will also get food for tomorrow so that i don't have to cook anything. I will also give Roscoe a bath today so that he will be soft and cuddly for tomorrow's sleep in, he loves tuesdays cause we get to stay in bed.....

magistramarla
06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi Lori,
Well, my son left at 4 a.m. and the two girls got on the road at 2 p.m. today. Jeff is going to give me the injection tonight. We were both exhausted last night. Besides taking Jeff out for Father's Day, we were also very busy going through storage stuff with the girls. We're trying so hard to get the house cleaned out! Kayla gave Meg all of her baby supplies and baby clothes from when Kyle was tiny, so the girls drove out with Meg's SUV loaded, and we have another room cleaned out - yeah!
I went with Meg to visit her mother-in-law yesterday. It was fun to see Cathy and one of Tyler's sisters react to seeing Meg's belly! That little one will have 7 aunts and only one uncle!
I hope that all goes well for you today and tomorrow. Is Roscoe a dog? I'm a cat person, and I have a very cuddly one named Casper who acts as my teddy bear.
I have a rheumy appt. on Weds., so I hope that I feel OK by then.
All of you Meth heads - have a good Monday. My your day be good tomorrow.
Marla