PDA

View Full Version : Its M day

Pages : 1 2 [3]

steve.b
04-20-2012, 07:32 PM
i have a question.

which is better to take? the pill for or injection form of methotrexate? i'm sick of taking 8 extra pills on sundays, which totals my pills out to 18 for that day. if there would be a way to stop that, it would be great.

australains may be backward at somethings........
but we use methotrexate tablets in bulk size.
we make a 10mg version, so we dont take as many tablets.
it is called methoblastin.
it is sold online, as long as you have a script.

when i was on 20mg....2 tablets was good.

SleepyInSeattle
05-11-2012, 06:42 PM
WOW - okay it has taken me days and days to read through this thread, but what a wealth of experiences!!!!
THANK YOU all for sharing - it is all scary and reassuring and immensely informative all all the same time!

I am new to the Meth-head club....I just took my first dose of pills on Tuesday afternoon (it's Friday now) - they started me at 15mg, working up 2.5mg per week until I am at 25mg/week. After reading all this, I am thinking I will take it Monday nights, as Tuesday is a light work load for me.

I had no ill-effects at all from the first dose, other than being scared. I know that may change as the dosage goes up. At least now I know what to (possibly) expect!!!!

I am taking Folic acid every day - 1gm, I think. He suggested that I take it WITH the Mtx on "M Day", just to lessen the effects.

I am on 60mg pf Prednisone per day right now, but they are trying to transition me off that and onto the Mtx....so as the Prednisone goes down, then Mtx will go up. I am dealing with autoimmune-related hearing loss in one ear, so we're really hoping the transition works and I don't lose any more hearing. No way to know other than to just do it, I guess. I am scared...I sure wish prednisone were safe to take forever, because so far all it does is make me feel AWESOME, L O L....okay my face is getting a little poochy, but other than that, I LOVE IT!!!! Too bad it's dissolving my bones...

Anyway - I hope it's okay with you all if I join the discussion. I so appreciate all your kind words and advice!!! I dunno how I'd survive all this without you all.

steve.b
05-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Anyway - I hope it's okay with you all if I join the discussion. I so appreciate all your kind words and advice!!! I dunno how I'd survive all this without you all.

i had to highlight this bit.
it is the reason this forum exists.
to help each other.