PDA

View Full Version : Its M day

Pages : 1 [2] 3

iseedeadmonkeys
06-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Sending love and stuff and choco too all my meth head friends...

I cant see lol i need sleep i will go soon.

Take care all

ISDM
xxx

magistramarla
06-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey Meth heads,
How's your Tuesday? I had my first MTX injection last night. It's definitely a lot better than the pill form. I feel fairly tired today, but it's great to avoid the sick stomach and other unpleasant issues.
My grandson and I are having a lazy day watching TV today. I wish the rest of you a restful, pain-free day today.
Marla

Danica01
06-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I am happy to see that everyone has survived the dreaded Tuesday! It does suck but it is almost over!!!! Hang in there everyone, tomorrow is a new day!

mountaindreamer
06-23-2009, 08:00 PM
hooray for wednesday

red246
06-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, took my first dose last night. Aside from being extremely HOT, not doing too bad. Just feel weak, tired and slightly off kilter. Hopefully this is as bad as it's going to be. Although, I think I read somewhere that it can get worse over the next few doses? I hope it doesn't. Hugs to all my fellow methheads! :cute:

iseedeadmonkeys
06-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Well Red it might it might not, everyones diff with taking it, i really hope you get some releif soon,

This thread will be here and as are we all when you need us to off load too,

take care
ISDM
xxx

Danica01
06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Took my shot last night and I am resting comfortably in bed. I took some pain medicine so the pain would go away a bit but just looking forward to tomorrow. Some people go through a lot of trouble to be pretty and here we are going through a lot of trouble to feel good! Kinda makes me giggle :laughing:

red246
06-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Giggling right along w/ya! Hoping that this works and I can get in some good days! Mom always said you have to suffer to be beautiful - she never said anything about feeling good too! Get some rest and hope you have a good day tomorrow!

Danica01
06-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks and I will check in tomorrow and let you know how I am feeling. Sending hugs your way :hug:

red246
06-28-2009, 05:20 AM
YOu know what???? I feel pretty darned good this morning! :6: As a matter of fact if it wasn't for my "friend" that finally showed up after 2 mos of missing in action, I'd venture to say I'd feel freaking fantastic!!! :8: Woohoo! Have to go get ready for church. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Danica01
06-28-2009, 10:00 AM
red246,

I am soooooooooooooo happy you are feeling good today!!!!!!!!!!! I am right there with you :arms: I love Sundays, I always feelso much better and I am actually looking forward to a relaxing day and a wonderful week! I hope you had a great time at church and we will talk soon!!!!!!!!!
:wavey:

magistramarla
06-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Methheads!
It was just now M Day for me. I've just had my second injection, and I sure hope that it goes as well as last week did. I felt great today. Jeff was doing Reserve work at the base, so I had a good day alone - catching up on laundry, watching The Food Network, watching a tear-jerker movie (Nights in Rodanthe), etc. I had a nice meal ready when he got home, too.
Now, I'm sitting with my Chai tea, some decadent Brie cheese on crackers, and the last of those wonderful chocolates that my students gave me at the end of school.
Last week, the injection didn't bother me at all, except that I felt sort of depressed and mad at the world the whole next day. I'm better prepared this week, so hopefully it won't bring me down so much. It really helps that the new therapy for my painful knee is helping. I can bend it and walk so much better now. I still limp, and have neuropathy all the way to my toes, but hey, I can live with that! I have 4 more knee injections to go, so maybe even these symptoms will get better. I just keep visualizing being able to have long romantic walks on the beach when we get to Monterey.
I hope that all goes well for the rest of you, whether M Day is today or tomorrow!
Marla

Stacy
06-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi all, I'm still fairly new to the site but loving the support I've found here thus far. I too am on the M train...Sunday evenings are when I pop those "lovely" little pills. I've yet to have any improvement so they had me increase my dosage. Originally the only problem I had after taking them were headaches. However after taking the increased dose earlier, I'm now noticing an odd feeling and taste in my mouth, everything I've tried to eat or drink tonight tastes weird, slight dizziness and headache. Has anyone else had experienced this?

Magistramarla, glad to read you had a great day. I LOVE food network! On the days when I feel completely miserable, food network is always there for me. I'll usually be found cuddling up with my favorite blanket on the couch or bed watching as much "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" as I can :yup::yup:

Oluwa
06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Big tight hugs for our MTX heads tomorrow and everyone in between....squeeze...

Love,
O.

red246
06-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Stacy,

This was my first week taking the Meth, but I also got a funny taste in my mouth. It wasnt' constant, but would just show up off & on over the day. My mouth also felt weird - like I was going to get sores, but I didn't.

I think I spoke too soon yesterday about how I was feeling. I felt good for all of about an hour, then it was like somebody pulled the rug out from under me! I crashed hard! :hissyfit: I could barely stay awake during church let alone stand for singing. We came home and I took a nap and I was a couch potato for another day. I had really hoped I was going to be able to enjoy Sundays with the family. :unsure:

Hugs to everyone!

magistramarla
06-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, I've noticed the strange metallic taste in my mouth, too. The thing that really helps me is to eat a really decadent piece of chocolate just before I go to bed, which several others on here have mentioned, too. I don't know if it's just psychological or not, but it seems to help!
Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night with a bit of itchy skin, but it wasn't too bad. I did have a fairly poor night of sleep, though. Rather than let random thoughts get me down, I started thinking up a new curriculum based on the new Caesar AP requirements, should I ever return to teaching Latin. It soothed my mind, and I've thought up a good curriculum.
I'm a bit tired today, but in good shape. I took the grandson to swim practice this morning. (don't worry - I sat in the shade and read my Star Trek book.) Now we're ready to spend the rest of the day watching Sci-Fi and Disney, so it will be a relaxing day.
Have a peaceful M-day, everyone.
Marla

Stacy
06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Ah, glad I'm not the only one, it really is quite odd and a bit annoying. Lauren, you poor thing, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad Sunday. I understand your frustration, Sundays are our family day. The one day of the week where we can all catch up and have great Sunday dinner together. The past couple weekends I've been so worn out, I've ended up sleeping through that. I hope you're feeling better today.

Marla, thanks for the idea of the chocolate. I'll have to try that, I so love chocolate! I hope you have had a peaceful and comfortable day.

mountaindreamer
06-29-2009, 07:15 PM
hi everyone,

i just returned from a visit with my friend in north carolina, and am just catching up with my meth head friends. sounds like each of you did a great job of being kind to yourselves when you took your mtx, and that is the secret. Hope each of you is feeling much better today, and that you enjoy a week of little or no symptoms.

Marla, more shots in the knee....ouch. You are right, if the mtx works and the shots work. sounds like a great vacation....hooray for you, i will keep my fingers crossed.

The metallic taste is one of the side effects that i always get....i sip on diet coke the night of my shot. I can't drink fruit juices, so diet coke works to ease that taste. When my daughter was getting chemo, i used to put fresh lemon slices in her water and that really helped with the taste.

I always get a headache, but the stomach and body cramps vary from week to week....i really never know what side effects i will have. Also, sometimes i am much better the next day, and sometimes the yukky stuff seems to linger a little longer.

congrats to stacy, marla and red....you each did a great job of walking with each other through this past weekend....this is a wonderful family.

and about the chocolate, i treat myself to a very special chocolate dessert. Sometimes i go to a speciality bakery and get something really decadent, and sometimes i get a fudge cicle....it has become a part of my mtx regimen,,,,and i always relax and sleep after my treat.

Danica01
06-29-2009, 09:24 PM
I just wanted to check in a see how everyone is handling their methotrexate tonight. I hope all of you are feeling ok and resting soundly!!!!!

magistramarla: the chocolate sounds sooooooo good!!!! I inject myself so I don't get the yucky taste in my mouth but do you think I could talk Tim into getting some for me just because???!!!!!! I think anyone on methotrexate should eat LOTS of chocolate.....Jane would NOT disagree with me on that...hehehehehehehehe!!!!!! I had to go in for infusions every other week a few years ago and I would still taste all of the medicine!!!! I used to suck on Everlasting Gobstoppers during every treatment, they were sooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!! All this talk is making me hungry for something sweet....you are sooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

red246: I am so sorry your day went down after you posted!!! That makes me so sad. I really hope this week is a bit better for you. It is not fun when you have a day with your family and you have to rest all day because you feel yucky....no fun!!!!!! Hang in there and I am sending you gentle hugs tonight and I hope they find you resting comfortably :hug:

Oluwa: Thanks for checking up on all of us!!!! You always are so sweet and comforting to those of us who are not feeling well, thank you! You are an angel :angelic:

Stacy: Welcome to our group!!!! It is always nice to find another methotrexate friend!!!! We can not have enough of those. The good thing is you found us and you can share your experience with us week to week. We will help you get through the yucky days and laugh with you through the silly days. We are each others support systems and you couldn't have found a more precious group of people......WELCOME!!!!!

mountaindreamer: Hi love!How are you feeling tonight???? I am thinking about you and I hope you are as comfy as you can be under the circumstances. I think you should have your chocolate treat next to you in bed every time you have to take you methotrexate:valentine2: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! The Diet Coke is a great idea!!!! I always drink root beer on my shot night. The bubbles help me feel so much better and the taste is just delicious!!!!!! You are right, it is hard to really predict the side effects you will have week to week.One week I feel so yucky and the next week it is easier and then the week after that can be even worse......oh well....the joys of Lupus and our meds! At least we have each other. Gets some sleep and I will check on you tomorrow. Sleep well my friend :hug:

Jane love.......where are you????!!!!!! I hope you are taking it easy and I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you tonight and I will check on you tomorrow!!!!!

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

magistramarla
06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Danica,
I'm worried about Jane. The last time that she posted, she was going to the UK version of the ER, and seemed to be feeling very, very bad. I don't think that any of our friends across the pond have updated us lately. I sure hope that we hear from one of them soon.
Marla

mountaindreamer
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
hi marla,

i thought this weekend was the lupus family retreat weekend for jane....i don't recall anything about the ER....please fill me in....

magistramarla
07-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Phyllis,
I hope that you are right!
There was a thread that she started a short time back about going to the ER? and then being very confused about meds. Then she posted something that made her sound very despondent. That's why I'm concerned that she hasn't updated us. I think that her last post was on Sunday, since she sounded a bit worried about adding M Day onto the rest.
Hopefully, she'll see our worries, and chime in here!
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
hello my fellow meth heads,

So sorry for worrying you all. im ok just needed some well earned rest from everything, im ok now, i took myself off the codine and diazepam and my head feels alot clearer, takin all that with the mtx spaced me out BIG time, dint like the affects of it.

We dint go to the retreat long sotry il prob fill you in over the w/e about it all.

Im home now, got a bit of a headache coming on we are having a heat wave over here, the sun is melting me, i feel like the wicked witch of the west lol.

Anyway until tmrw
i will sign off now
peace and love to you all
Jane
xx

P.s CHOCLIT rocks!!!!!!!!

Danica01
07-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I am so happy to here that you are fine, Jane!!!!!!! I hate that you are so far from us and we can not physically check on you if we needed to!

Well, it is Friday and I will be taking my shot in about a hour and a half. This Fourth of July will spent in bed and recouping from the medicine but maybe I will get lucky and get to see some fire works from home :shysmile!

I will check in with all of you tomorrow!!!!!!

red246
07-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Well, took my 2nd dose last night...........woke up at 6am this morning! Actually feeling okay, just a little .....hmmm what's the word I'm looking for......okay I have no clue! Wierd, yeah that's it! Hope I continue to feel this way or better - we are supposed to go to a party this afternoon. I really want to go!

iseedeadmonkeys
07-04-2009, 04:24 AM
OW.....thats sucks u guys who taken it last night/today,

i really hope that you get some releif soon and have a really good time today!

il check in with y'all soon

keep it real ppl

ISDM
xxx

magistramarla
07-05-2009, 07:53 PM
It's M day for me.
I've had my injection, and I'm enjoying my Chai tea and chocolate. Last week's injection disturbed my sleep all week. I hope that I sleep better this time.
I hope everyone in the U.S. had a good Holiday, and that all of you meth heads are doing fine. I had a crazy week-end. Check out my thread in Lauri's Lounge!
Check in tomorrow, everyone!
Gentle hugs,
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
07-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Ive not even taken it yet, but ive just come over really sick its 17:27 now
im going to bed for a few hours, mtx makes me tired anyway so shouldnt have probs sleepin tonight, been a busy w/e one way or another!

im completely knackered!!
roll on thurs......im gonna ask for steroids back, anyway
love to u all, ps ive got a choc recipe for u all thts really easy to do takes 5 mins to do but just for m day......and tastes GREAT!
il tell u after ive slept

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
07-06-2009, 02:13 PM
hi ISDM, hope you are peacefully sleeping. I will take my mtx in about an hour, and will be down tomorrow. I am going to get myself a piece of chocolate cake for tonight.....yum yum....

yes, i want a copy of your chocolate recipe...i will fix it next week.

to all of my meth head friends,

if you have already taken your med, i hope you are doing ok....if you are taking tonight, hang in there and just sleep.

my dr. lowered my plaquenil after i started mtx, but i am afraid that i need to increase it back to 400mg a day. I don't get through the week without the lupus symptoms returning, and i am wondering if i take the full 400 mg instead of the present 200 mg, maybe i will be able to get through the full week.....any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Stacy
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
hi all. Hope you're all feeling well and taking care of yourselves. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

So, I took the new dosage last night and noticed something odd that hadn't happened before, I woke up feeling the bed shaking haha. Kinda scared me a bit, and I asked my son who was sitting in the living room to come see me. Told him about the strange feeling and asked him to feel the bed to see if it was shaking. He touched the other side of the bed and said not that he could tell, but then touched my legs and said they felt like they were "pulsating" haha. Has anyone else had this happen after taking their MTX? It was a bit scary but also quite an odd sensation for sure. Haven't had anything like that since I used to work out, and even then it was only after a real good workout :unsure:

Tried the chocolate this time, didn't really work. Guess I'll have to experiment to find the "right" chocolate. Now at least I have a good excuse to eat chocolate once a week :yes:

red246
07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Okay, I'm wondering, what exactly is the Meth supposed to do? I do have an increased energy level somewhat, but am still having pain/stiffness/brain fog/dizzy,etc., etc., etc...... I have also comet o realization that I cnnot go out & run errands during the day! When the heck am I supposed to do this? I cannot drive at night due to night blindness. Do I jsut stay inside druing the whole freaking summer??? Sorry, not meaning to sound witchy, but it just seems like this is getting worse not better. I've swollen up so much from the prednisone I look pregnant! I'm going to go try to get a nap in before hubby gets home. Thanks for listnenign to my rant/boohoo! :hissyfit:

iseedeadmonkeys
07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
hello all,

just taken it about 20 mins ago already kicking in mmmmmm love the feeling of poison passing thru my veins........ya just cant beet that great feeling aye?

Mountain- When i first started my mtx, dr noitall was gonna take me off the plaq altogether but kept me on it, im glad in a way, i think u should take the 400mg hava chat with him although i dont see the point, i think it would really affect me worse if i wasnt taking it at all.

Stacy- We all get that pulsating/twitching feeling, dunno what the connection with lupus is but im pretty sure its to d with muscle tone, as you said you used to get it when working out, so i guess where our body is being eating slowley away our muscles are trying to fight back.....im sorry i really dont kno where i was going with this, plz excuse me here lol flamming mtx spacing me out, but funnily enough when i went back to bed this afternoon it felt like my bed was shaking also, sometimes i think weather we are having a earth quake......yes we have tremors over here also lol.

Chocomallow Jacks

A bag of marshmallows

A slab of chocolate (your fav choice)

Flap jacks (prefb soft ones)

put mallows onto a plate or some flat plate surface
melt choc, and crumble some of the flapjacks into the melted choc, pour over the mallows, making sure everyone is covered, then sprinkle some more of the flapjacks over the top, put into fridge and enjoy yum yum yum quick easy and very satifying :yes:

And enjoy

ISDM
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Red

Apparantly its sposed to re start our immune system, however in the mean time ive not seen anything remotely helpful or positive from taking it either, summer is crap we are having the best one over here yet i cant enjoy it cause the stoopid lupe wont let me.

Anyway ure welcome to rant away i do loads of times.

Peace out

ISDM
xxx

Stacy
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Okay, I'm wondering, what exactly is the Meth supposed to do? I do have an increased energy level somewhat, but am still having pain/stiffness/brain fog/dizzy,etc., etc., etc...... I have also comet o realization that I cnnot go out & run errands during the day! When the heck am I supposed to do this? I cannot drive at night due to night blindness. Do I jsut stay inside druing the whole freaking summer??? Sorry, not meaning to sound witchy, but it just seems like this is getting worse not better. I've swollen up so much from the prednisone I look pregnant! I'm going to go try to get a nap in before hubby gets home. Thanks for listnenign to my rant/boohoo! :hissyfit:

Red, that's the beauty of this great forum. You can vent all you want, and those of us here can completely relate and understand your frustration. My heart goes out to you, and I'll keep you in my thoughts. For the feeling like you look pregnant, I feel ya. I'm constantly swollen all over and have had a huge weight increase. I tried prednisone a couple times this year, but it didn't work great for me. Plus the doctors and I were concerned about my unexplained weight gain and didn't want to risk me gaining more than I absolutely had to (was starting to cause some pretty bad depression for me). I've put on over 50lbs in the past year and a half :hissyfit: Luckily now, for the past 2 months my weight has managed to at least stay between 180 and 190 :embarrassed: but the swelling is still around.

hello all,

just taken it about 20 mins ago already kicking in mmmmmm love the feeling of poison passing thru my veins........ya just cant beet that great feeling aye?

Mountain- When i first started my mtx, dr noitall was gonna take me off the plaq altogether but kept me on it, im glad in a way, i think u should take the 400mg hava chat with him although i dont see the point, i think it would really affect me worse if i wasnt taking it at all.

Stacy- We all get that pulsating/twitching feeling, dunno what the connection with lupus is but im pretty sure its to d with muscle tone, as you said you used to get it when working out, so i guess where our body is being eating slowley away our muscles are trying to fight back.....im sorry i really dont kno where i was going with this, plz excuse me here lol flamming mtx spacing me out, but funnily enough when i went back to bed this afternoon it felt like my bed was shaking also, sometimes i think weather we are having a earth quake......yes we have tremors over here also lol.

ISDM
xxx

Thanks ISDM!! I was so hoping I wasn't going crazy :laugh: I hadn't even thought about the cause possibly being due to my muscle tone. Just automatically wondered if it was the MTX since it coincided with the upped dose I just started.

Thanks for all of your great posts too. No matter what's going on with me, your posts always manage to put a smile on my face. I actually laughed out loud (and maybe just kinda snorted) to the
mmmmmm love the feeling of poison passing thru my veins........ya just cant beet that great feeling aye?" bit. My oldest son came in asking what was so funny! I read that to him, and he just looked at me like I was crazy. Guess you have to be going through it to understand haha!

mountaindreamer
07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
hi all,

i took my poison about an hour ago, so i will probably start slurring my words (yes, even with the keyboard) before long....so my apologies.

Stacy....the chocolate value is actually kind of sad. It is a treat we allow ourselves for injecting the mtx.....there is no medicinal value, just in our little loopie heads.

Red....i started seeing a big difference in my health after a few weeks of mtx. My rheumy said it can take a couple of months to work to its max. I hope it starts working for you. Also, not even mtx can overcome the effects of the sun and heat on us....i struggle in the summer heat.

magistramarla
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
hi all,

i took my poison about an hour ago, so i will probably start slurring my words (yes, even with the keyboard) before long....so my apologies.

Stacy....the chocolate value is actually kind of sad. It is a treat we allow ourselves for injecting the mtx.....there is no medicinal value, just in our little loopie heads.

Red....i started seeing a big difference in my health after a few weeks of mtx. My rheumy said it can take a couple of months to work to its max. I hope it starts working for you. Also, not even mtx can overcome the effects of the sun and heat on us....i struggle in the summer heat.

I agree with Phyllis - after a few weeks of the MTX, I've started to feel almost normal again - more energy, less stiffness and lots less joint pain. I'm on Planquenil too, so maybe it's the combination.
My rheumy also found that I had a bacterial infection in the synovial fluid of my knee and started treating that. Having most of the pain gone from that knee has made such a HUGE difference in how I move, act and feel!
She's determined to address as many of my problems as possible before I move, so now she's sending me to an ophthalmologist to address the dry eyes from the Sjrogren's.

I've just had my down day after my injection last night, and I'm feeling pretty good this evening. BTW, taking a Melatonin just before bed really helped with the sleep issues.

Hang in there, and I hope that it works for you.
Marla

Danica01
07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi all my loves!!!!!!!!!! I know it is Monday and it is shot night for almost everyone. I am thinking of all of you and sending you healing thoughts over the next 24 hours. I am gently hugging all of you until you wake up Wednesday morning and feel like the person you should feel like :hug:

Red: As individuals with Lupus we have a very overactive immune system that. I think of it as a hyperactive immune system that can not focus on anything long enough to fight an actual cold!!!!! If you think about people who have cancer, when they get chemo they can not really be around anyone due to the fact that they have NO immune system anymore. For us they are hoping that it kills off some of our immune system so that it will lower to an actual immune system someone without Lupus might have. This is really hard to do and sometimes it seems that no matter how much methotrexate we take, it never lowers it back to a noirmal level. I stopped taking it a few years ago thinking that it wasn't really doing much.......boy was I wrong! It was the worst choice I made and I still haven't made it back to the point I was at when I was on the meds before. Oh well, lesson learned!

Stacy: I get muscle spasms after I take my shot. If I hold my hands up they shake and even my legs feel like the are going into convulsions. What a yucky feeling it is :-( I am so sorry you are feeling that symptom. I am sending you lots of thoughts tonight that you will sleep easy and not have the shakes!

mountaindreamer: Hang in there love and remember that you know what your body needs and let your doctor know that until the methotrexate completely kicks in you want to stay on your other meds at that higher level. As long as you have you blood work done I bet e or she will go with it. Good luck tonight and I am thinking about you and I am with you on the chocolate treats!!!!!!!!1111

Jane: My love, I hate the feeling of the poison going through your body. I can feel it moving and hitting every joint. It is a feeling I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy:-( Hang in there and it will all be over soon. I am so sorry you are not feeling well on top of all of this. I am thinking about you tonight and I will check on you tomorrow.

Love you :grouphug:

Danica01
07-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Just checking on all of you and making sure you have made it through your Tuesdays! Sleep well tonight :sleepy: and remember, tomorrow is a new day!

iseedeadmonkeys
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
**REMEMBERING**

Tmrw is a new day

Ah thanx, that would be today.......oh no gotta go to bed!

red246
07-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Thank you all for the support & listening to my rant! Gee, I can tell I really was out of it when I posted that! I know what the Meth is supposed to do! :laugh: I guess I just expected it to work faster!

I hope you all have a wonderful day today! :grouphug:

Danica01
07-08-2009, 10:48 PM
red246, I understand about posting and feeling out of it. Methorexate can do some pretty yucky things to us physically and emotionally. The good thing is that we have each other to lean on when the days get a little tough. I hope you are feeling a bit better and resting easy :sleepy:

TobyJug
07-09-2009, 05:55 AM
well then I think I better get part of this thread now...
as u all know I started the Methotrexate 3 weeks ago..
I had my 3rd dose last nite (5 tabs so 12.5mg) and going up to 6 next week.
I take the tabs about 20.00 Wed night.....
The first time it made no difference really apart from some ulcers in my mouth but I get them anyway so hard to say.. Last week I got up later than normal felt a little tired but that was it really...
This week however (today that is) I am feeling rubbish... I only just got up 13.30 I normally get up about 9 at the latest...

I feel a little groggy I have a headache and I am totally energy less....
I am as stiff and sore as normal and cud not get down the stairs proper...

anyway just thought I share..

Hope everyone is well....

xx

iseedeadmonkeys
07-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Has it really been 3 weeks tobe?........we need a serious catch up me thinks!

Right well eventful GPs appointment and alot came out of it!

She beleives kevvy baby will put my mtx up to the full 20 mg dose next week as im still not reaping any benefits out of it, she is gonna drop him a line about it (they used to work together) she is also gonna prompt him to put me on a 30mg pred course and taper from there, and she totally was with me on the whole "leaving the physio" part of my life as it wasnt helping, she spoke to me about referring me to a orthapeadic (sp?) surgeon, she thinks i should be having some pain releif injected directly into my spine as the pain meds im on are not touching the sides, or if they do for 20 mins....which means i have to wait for 4 hours until next dose, it really shouldnt be like this!

She said the bloods for my liver and kidneys are looking good, i also explained about the depression, think i will be making that vital move towards anti depressants as much as i would NOT like to go there, she saw me in the stressed state i was about this flippin interveiw i gotta go to tmrw.......Which now i will vent....the cheeky Bar Stewards who are giving me this interveiw tmrw have NOT contacted my rhuemy OR my GP for confirmation of my illness! they went ahead to do my medical with out the back up of my personal medical history, surely that is wrong in its self!!??

So as you can imagine i have the hump BIG time with the benefit ppl they havnt even taken the time to get the proof about me! which makes me think why?

I spoke to my GP about it all and she told me to quote her name number and address for back up, and to explain to them excactly this.......im currently very ill with the lupus, its a very serious illness, and UNTIL the medication im on or am given the correct combination of drugs starts to make me feel better or change my life style, there is no way that im able to return to work, so unless you have some wonder drug to take everything away, i will not be returning to work, ok tht last bit was from me lol.

Anyway i think u get the drift of what i mean, shes not happy and is behind me 100% of the way.

spk soon i guess maybe after tmrws interveiw

P&L
ISDM
xxx

red246
07-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, it's that time again..............:hissyfit:

I have a question for all you veteran Meth Heads! :cute: How long did it take b4 you saw improvements after starting? Just wondering why the doc said today that maybe we need to change from it if I'm not really seeing any improvement. I mean this is only my 3rd dose. I'm sooooo confused!!!! :wacko:

Danica01
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
red246: you take you yuck the same day I do!!!!! I just took it and I can already feel it working its way through the ins and outs of my body!

jane: I will respond to you tomorrow. I just don't feel up to sitting on the computer.....

red246
07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
:laugh: "the ins & outs" :-) I'm having major gas issues, but other than that I'm okay for now. Talk to me tomorrow and we'll see how I feel then! Hope you can get some rest! :hug:

BTW - Don't sit on the computer. It's not terribly comfortable! :no:

iseedeadmonkeys
07-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Danica....

You dont have to sit on the computer hunni, im sure it makes typing fairly hard!

Anyway all is cool ish i had a good sleep last night now thinking things a bit clearer, i had a good chat with the Angel of the night, she gave me some soundo VICE

Dont feel the need to reply to it, i was just venting and getting things off my chest really, as for the interveiw i guess some things just dont need to be published!

The whole process of it has made me re think my life, i need to get some help just dont know which way to look.

Speak to y'all soon

ISDM
xxx

Danica01
07-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I am just checking in. Today is a pretty rough day and the joints in my fingers and giving me some problems from the poison I injected last night.....hehehehehe!

I was wondering why I was having so much pain in rear last night :-) I never knew it could be so difficult to sit on my computer and type...............I have been doing it wrong all along!!!!!!!! That was a wonderful laugh to have on a day like today!

Love you all "grouphug:

mountaindreamer
07-11-2009, 12:07 PM
hi danica and lauren, i hope your day is getting better. I will try to answer some of the questions, but i have only been on mtx for about 4 months. First, let me ask you.....Did your drs. prescribe a rescue drut for you? I take 2 tablets of Leucoverin (sp) the day after my injection, and it helps with the side effects. Some times my reaction to mtx is bearable, and some time even the rescue med does not give total relief. This variance in how i feel the day after is the reason that i never schedule anything for that day....i just never know.

My side effects vary from extreme headache, extreme stomach cramps, and/or extreme muscle aches....i never know which way it will go....this is the main reason that i treat myself to chocolate, at least i can control that.

ISDM....what wonderful news. I am sorry i have not responded earlier, but i just found your post about your GP visit....sounds like you have hit the target with her....i am so happy that she is supporting you. Thank goodness for small miracles.

The benefit people.....what can i say? they are heartless and don't care about you....it is shame that they get to determine if you get disability income....i am glad that your dr. let you know that she is there for you. When you go into the meeting tomorrow, you hold your head up and calmly tell them everything that you told us.....good luck, i will be sending you lots of angels of support.

Danica01
07-11-2009, 11:41 PM
I have been on methotrexate for almost two years. My doctor has given me folic acid to help with the side effects and I used to get infusions ever two weeks with an extra shot of Vitamin B. They do help but never take it completely away. The infusions worked the best; however, my insurance rejected it and I had to stop. My doctor has offered to prescribe me my own Vitamin B and I can just give the shot to myself and I really need to remind her that I would like to do that next visit.

Now, when did I start seeing the benefits..............once I found a dose that worked best for me, I started seeing benefits 24 hours after the shot. For example, I took my shot last night at 8pm and my 9pm tonight I could feel the yucks going away, the pain level going down and my energy level going up. The hard part for me was just finding a dose that suited me and gave me the most benefit. This is a process we all have to go through and some of us are still dealing with this. I am under the impression that the max dosage for injections is 1.0cc and after that it can be very dangerous. I am at .7cc and could probably go up to .8cc or .9cc and receive more benefits but the higher I go the less room we have to wiggle, so I am going to stay put for now :cute:

Jane: I am so happy you are getting a lot of support from the doctor right now. I really feel that once you have the back up from a professional you will see benefits from the system. It is like our voice is not enough and what we say doesn't really matter without a second source.......poo on the system!

mountaindreamer: Thank you for the well wishes and I am finally feeling better. I can feel the energy increasing as we speak.....or I should say, write. You are always so loving a good to me. I am so happy you are in my life :yes:

Lauren: I hope you are feeling better and are having a good day or night. I am happy to share my methotrexate day with someone else. I remember when I joined this forum, Jane joined around the same time as I did. This thread was where I really got to know her and have been blessed with her friendship ever since. I am excited to add you to that.

I will talk to all of you later and tonight I am sending you lots of hugs. Thanks for all the support......this is a great thread for everyone involved :grouphug:

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 05:15 AM
Just a quick question on the vitamin shot thingy

Which vitamin is it you CANT take when on blood thinners? its in cranberrys and mayo as far as i know and spinach shame really cause i love those foods lol, i do sorta sneak some of them some times, but SHH dont tell mum!

Anyway cheers

I have come to realise i need something else to take away the sickness, cause its constant and i still dont think 5mg of folic acid to 12.5mg methotrexate is enough but there we go, and as its about to go up also, hmm i talk to kevvy baby about this on thursday.

Cheery
ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
07-12-2009, 01:19 PM
hi ISDM,

the vitamin to avoid while on blood thinners is Vitamin K....it is in most green vebetables, soy beans, cranberrys, and so much more. I can get a copy of the full list is you need it, just let me know.

I am glad you are talking to dr. about increasing your meds. Everyone else that i know of on folic acid is on 25 mg every day. Also, the methotrexate can be taken up to 25 mg once a week. Hope the dr. will help you.

mountaindreamer
07-12-2009, 01:25 PM
hi red and danica,

how are you both feeling today? Hope you are having a great Sunday.

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 01:34 PM
oh its 25mg? i think its 20 mg in this country by law,

yes please could you get a list....my vit k....gosh i was slightly out lol

have a happy sunday

ISDM
xxx

Rastagirl
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi ISDM.....

Happy Sunday to you!

I found an interesting link online with lots of info about which foods to avoid while on Cumadin (warfarin).....and how to help your Vitamin K levels, as well as your warfarin levels, remain more stable from day to day, which seems to be the trick in helping your medication work effectively.

Thought you might like to take a peek :cute:

http://www.drgourmet.com/warfarin/

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

p.s. I'm not advocating this doc's book here, just sharing the information on Vitamin K food sources.

red246
07-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Feeling pretty good today! Thanks for asking! Hopefully it stays this way all week as the boys are coming home on Wednesday! YIPPEE!!!!!! Hope you all have a great night!

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Rasta....Ruddy marverlous! cheers

So cranberrys is ok now woohooo...check me bad self out drinking it lol,

Ive been on the flamming warfarin for 2 years now... yawn!, 10 years b4 that i was on it for 6 months, this time however its life, yay me!

Tmrw tmrw tmrw night mtx comes back into my life for yet another week, i get so bored of taking the stupid little yellow pills, i might ask for the injections i used to inject myself with clexane (heparin) every day crikey o rielly that was fun! i miss the days of looking black and blue accross my stomach like i had been done over

Many happy returns of Tuesday

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
07-12-2009, 07:14 PM
hi ISDM,

so glad lori found that site with vit.k foods. I am also on warfarin, and i avoid some vit k foods, but not all. My dr. said it was ok to eat a little foods with vit. k, but to be careful and not overdo it.

I also took the heparin shots....my stomach looked like i had been punched several times....i had black and blue bruises each place that i got a shot.

yes, tomorrow is the dreaded mtx....really puts me in a bad mood, it is so hard to take something that is going to make me feel bad and what might be hurting my body. Oh well, it helps me feel better for now.

Stacy
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Checkin in with my fellow mtx peeps! Hope you are all doing well. My laptop has been down for the past week so I haven't been able to really post much (I hate posting from the iPhone). I did manage to steal my sons laptop for a bit, but unfortunately was quickly discovered. Guilt trips on how badly he needed to check in on his myspace, forced me to hand the darn thing over. Fortunately for me, there's this lovely thing called ebay that allows one to order new power cords and have them shipped directly to your home. So I'm now back up :yes: and ready to spend the rest of the evening catching up on missed posts and playing in the arcade :cute:

Just took my lovely dose and getting ready to have some tiramisu I made last night. I figured if the chocolate didn't help last week, I'll just be forced to keep going down my list of favorite desserts to find the one that works for me haha!!

Keeping you all in my thoughts, and warm wishes to all!!

magistramarla
07-12-2009, 08:49 PM
MagistraMarla checking in, too.
Like Stacy, I just had my injection, too. The doc just raised my prescription from .4 cc to .6cc. I was doing really well on the lower dose, with the joint stiffness gone and my energy level up. However, I've been very fatigued this weekend and my cheeks have flared into a terrible rash. I'm wondering if I'm having a flare thanks to the 100+ temperatures and the stress of getting ready to move.
I'm trying to clean out my freezer and my pantry for the move. I had lots of frozen bread in the freezer, so I made some lovely bread pudding tonight. I just enjoyed some of it with my chai tea, so now I'll head for bed and see how this higher dose of MTX works for me.
Here's to a good M day for the rest of you Meth heads!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

Rastagirl
07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
hi ISDM,

so glad lori found that site with vit.k foods. I am also on warfarin, and i avoid some vit k foods, but not all. My dr. said it was ok to eat a little foods with vit. k, but to be careful and not overdo it.

I also took the heparin shots....my stomach looked like i had been punched several times....i had black and blue bruises each place that i got a shot.

yes, tomorrow is the dreaded mtx....really puts me in a bad mood, it is so hard to take something that is going to make me feel bad and what might be hurting my body. Oh well, it helps me feel better for now.

Hi Phyllis....

I soooo hope your granddaughter's Fairy Princess Tea Party goes wonderfully....and I'll be praying all the way through tonight, Monday, and straight through Tuesday in hopes that the party is a wonderful success and that you will have a minimal amount of meth side effects on this particuar Tuesday.

Sending positive vibes your way >>>>>> :musik28:

In fact, here's some giant HUGS :grouphug: and positive vibes :musik28: for all the special meth heads we have on board.

Love you all.....

:cool2: Lori

Danica01
07-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Mountaindreamer......thank you so much for checking on me. Yesterday was still a pretty tough day but today was much easier. I even made it to the store and bought tons of fresh fruit and vegetables.......mmmmmmmmmmmm. When it is 116 outside all you want is cold fruit and veggies!!!!!! Tim just left for a few days so I am sitting up wide awake right now.I better get some sleep or my body will kick me in the rear tomorrow.

I hope everyone is doing wonderful today and I will pop on and check on all of you tomorrow night and Tuesday through out the day. I am sending you lots of gentle hugs and thoughts of a pain free meth day :hug:

iseedeadmonkeys
07-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Marla.....

I have not had bread pudding for years, my mum used to make it, we call it bread and butter pudding over here.....i must get her to make me some but i dont like them little currents she puts in them wohooo you have given me an idea here...

btw Danica....When the heat really hits high i munch on endless cucumbers lol, just thought id share tht with you.

All good luck for today im thinking of you, il take mine tonight b4 bed.

Rock on ppl

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
07-13-2009, 06:30 AM
hi everyone,

just checking in on each of you....Danica, hope you were able to get rest last night....i find that i often sleep so much the day after my shot, that i have trouble sleeping the next night.

Jane.....how are you today, my friend.....hope you are resting.

tonight is my dreaded dose. It is so strange, but i am always in a bad mood on Mondays....i just dread the shot, and it messes with my mind. Then, after i take my shot, i settle down and i know that i just have to wait out the side effects....It is especially hard to stay positive today, because i don't want this poison to interfere with the birthday party tomorrow.

I know i made no sense above, but just had to vent....

iseedeadmonkeys
07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Mountain....

You made sence darling, its ok to vent i know you wanna be a part of the birthday party, just take it easy hunni,

Im stressing too, not taking it til tonight either which will be in 4 hours...crikey i really need to be going to bed at a decent hour thankfully the mtx tires me out so i should be in bed at a reasonable hour tonight.

Take care all

P.s dont ya just love that wierd spaced airhead feeling ya get? nope!

ISDM
xxx

magistramarla
07-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi fellow meth heads,
I really have a hard time sleeping after my injection. I was lying there awake for about three hours last night. I simply can't nap during the day, so I feel extra tired today. I sure hope that I can get a decent night of sleep tonight. Danica, was that why you were awake, too?
My grandson and I are having a lazy day in front of the TV today. We're watching The Disney Channel and old re-runs of Full House.
Mountaindreamer, I hope that you feel all right for that lovely birthday party tomorrow. I know how important those grand babies are. We're headed for Ft. Worth for grandson #2's 4th birthday party on Aug. 2. Take it easy on yourself, and enjoy that little girl.
Jane, I learned how to make bread pudding when I was a little girl. My auntie also took me under her wing and taught me how to make a good home-made pie crust. At holidays, my sons-in-law insist that I bake several apple pies. Luckily for Mike, I taught Kayla how to make it, and she can make a flakier crust than I can. Cooking is one of my passions. Whenever I manage to get control of the remote around here, The Food Channel is on!
Marla

Danica01
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi my loves. I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected tonight :sorry:

Jane, I love cucumbers and especially on hot days like today! I actually had some for dinner!!!!! They are just so refreshing when they are nice and cool. I hope you meds are going ok tonight.Hang in there and it will be over before you know it. How is everything else going???? Did you shut off the smoke alarm???? Well, settle in and make sure that you can reach lots of chocolate!!!!!!

Mountaindreamer, How are you feeling so far????? I understand the feeling you have all day Monday. It is such a double edge sword. I want to take the medicine because of how it makes me feel after the first 24 hours but I hate taking it because of the immediate pain that follows. You are not crazy for feeling that way and we all understand. I am just happy you told us and got it off your chest. I did not sleep very well last night but hopefully tonight will be better. I want you to enjoy your party tomorrow. Sit when you need to and just go slow. Your granddaughter will not remember if you were sitting most of the time, she will remember that YOU were there. Keep me posted on how you are feeling and I will check in with you tomorrow. I am sending you lots of gentle hugs tonight to get you through the pain :hug:

Magistramala, I also have a hard time sleeping on shot night. I have to basically sedate myself with sleeping medication just to get through it. The reason I slept so bad last night was because my Timmy is out of town and I can never settle in and relax enough when he is gone. The bed is to empty and the house is to quiet :sigh: I am sooooo happy you are having a relaxing day with you little one. My favorite memories are the ones I have with my grandmother. She was and still is so special to me. I hopethat you are starting to feel a little better andI hope you get some much needed sleep tonight. I will check in with you tomorrow.

Love you all and sleep well and remember that tomorrow is a new day and it is one day closer to you feeling better :angelic:

magistramarla
07-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi Danica,
Oh Boy, I'm feeling good today! I actually slept ALL night last night, and I have a lot more energy today. I've already taken David to swim practice and took the cat to the vet for his post-op check.
We can only take two pets to the base housing in Ca, so I'm having to figure out what to do with the rest of the babies. We found a great new home for Zoe, my son's black Lab. Kayla is taking her 7 yr. old cat, but her hubby would only accept him de-clawed. I don't ever do that to my cats, but I went ahead and did it so that Kayla could take Gizmo.
KC and Bexar are both 18 years old, and are having some severe health problems. Much as I hate doing it, it will be kindest to put them to sleep. This just leaves Shadow, who is 14 years old, to find a home. I'm trying to find a nice cat lady who will let him live out his last few years with her. We're taking the two youngest babies with us - Casper and Dax.
This has been the most stressful part of planning this move for me.
David is home with his parents today after practice. They are having a Harry Potter movie marathon at their house today, and tomorrow, they will all go to see the new movie. I'm relaxing and enjoying being able to watch the Food Network rather than The Disney Channel today!
After my rest, I feel like doing a bit of shopping that I need to do, and then prepare a nice dinner. I know what you mean, Danica. It's worth going through the yucky day to have several days of feeling the way I'm feeling today.
I hope that all of you who took the MTX on Monday are having a restful day today. I hope that tomorrow is a great day for all of you!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Hiay all]

i thikn

Danica01
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Mountaindreamer: How was the party???????? I can not wait to hear all about it!!!! I really hope you are not to wore out and remember to take it easy the next few days to recoup from partying too hard......hehehehehehe! Tea parties are great and I am sure your granddaughter was so happy to have you there........you are a wonderful grandmother and you family is sooooo lucky to have you :angelic:

Magistramala: I am so sorry you have to make that decision about your little family members. It is very unselfish to help your animals along when they are in pain and older. It is such a sad thing for us to do but it really is what is best for them at this point. The good thing is you can take the young ones and make sure they have an amazing life like the older ones have had :veryhappy: I hope someone comes and takes Shadow into a loving home. I will send you helpful thoughts and big hugs to make this transition a little bit easier for you and your little ones :hug:

Jane: How are you feeling today love?????? How is everything going????? I hope you survived Tuesday just fine and life is finally being nice to you :hug:

mountaindreamer
07-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Just a quick question on the vitamin shot thingy

Which vitamin is it you CANT take when on blood thinners? its in cranberrys and mayo as far as i know and spinach shame really cause i love those foods lol, i do sorta sneak some of them some times, but SHH dont tell mum!

ISDM
xxx

hi ISDM,

i finally got the list of foods with vitamin k that we need to avoid or limit while on cumadin. Hope it helps:

Asparagus, Avocado, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Kale, Spinach, Collard Greens, Endive, Green beans, green onion, soy beans, cauliflower, lettuce, green peas, sauerkarut, pickles, cucumbers, parsley, turnip greens, watercress, cabbage, mustard greens, green scallions,

we also need to avoid liver and cranberries (includes juice)....and yes, we are supposed to avoid alcohol.....i think i will ignore this one.

Oh well, wish the list was shorter, but this is it.

hope you are doing ok, my friend.

mountaindreamer
07-17-2009, 02:02 PM
hi everyone, thanks for asking about kayla's party.

I am so sorry that i am delayed in reporting the party to you, but i had to leave the next day to go help care for my mentally disabled cousin. She is 60, lives in a state group home, and is the equivalent of 4 years in age. She loves for me to come and visit, and i can get her back on track when others' can't.

Kayla's party was fabulous. Amber did such a good job, and Kayla and her little friends had a little girls' dream party. They had the "tea party" with kayla's little ceramic tea set. Then they had a tattoo stand, a finger nail polish and make up counter, a face painting table, and a picture booth. Then we all went outside and had a blast with the pinata (sp). the little girls all wore the princess dress-up gowns, and it was a precious party.....i sat in the chair and enjoyed every minute. Kayla came and got me up once to dance to my musical clock (that is our tradition), and everything was perfect....I felt very fortunate that day.

I will be on the road this next week, so i will have to take my shot while traveling....this will be a first for me.

hope you all are having a great weekend.

Danica01
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
I am so happy that the party went soooooo well!!!!!! I was crossing my finger's and sending angels your way all day! Little girls have so much fun with princess tea parties :veryhappy:
Well girls, I have taken my shot and I am having a hard time sitting here right now. I want to try to get through the whole sight before I crash really hard. I feel so yucky that I turned away chocolate!!!!!! I hope all is well with everyone and I will check in tomorrow to see how everyone is doing. Until then hugs sent to all of you :hug:

red246
07-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Danica,

Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you today! Hope your day goes smoothly. You turned away chocolate??? :shocked: You really did feel crappy!
Still not awake enough to know how I'm feeling!

iseedeadmonkeys
07-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Mountain.....what was that about Alcho???? sorry i cant hear you :)

Glad the party went well, was hoping it would, and was thinking about you too.

Danica...you taking ure mtx on a diff day now? think ive missed summin here, aww no choc man it must be bad for ya to turn our friend away...hey that reminds me when i was shopping in tesco for my smoking material i found a new choccy bar that over here...now i know it most prob orrignates from americanland its was really yummy and im a big fan of the products too

http://garlicpress.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/reeses-bar-009.jpg

ISDM
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
07-18-2009, 07:42 AM
crikey thats flamming huge......LMFAO sorry about that!!

xx

Danica01
07-18-2009, 04:29 PM
red246: Thank you so much for thinking about me.......how are you feeling?????? I was thinking of you also. I am still feeling really poopy!!!!! Tim packed me in the car and took me to see Harry Potter today but I do not think I will be doing the movie thing again after shot night, I was pretty miserable :no: I just took some more medicine to help get me through the rest of the afternoon. Still turning down chocolate.........do you find that you loose your appetite after your shot and the next 24 hours after??????? It is worse this week but still pretty normal for me.........I really do hope you are feeling ok and I am thinking about you and sending you lots of hugs, tomorrow is a new day :hug:

Jane: Yep, switched days so that I could possibly look for a job and not have to miss every Tuesday. Was a rough switch but I am on track now. I take it Friday nights now.......I was sad because I didn't want to leave you alone on Monday nights but it seems we both have company on our yucky days! Thanks for the chocolate but I still can not stomach it right now :no: I hope you are doing well and how have all your meetings went???????

magistramarla
07-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Mountaindreamer,
I'm glad that Kayla's tea party went so well, and that you felt like enjoying it. I have a 24 year old daughter named Kayla Sue. I think that it is a beautiful name, don't you?
Well, now we gear up for the next dose, right?
Take care,
Marla

red246
07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Danica,
I wouldn't say that I lose my appetite, I just get the munchies! I don't even feel all that bad really. Just more kinda icky, but not too bad. Actually I think I feel worse on Sunday afternoon into Monday than I do on Saturday!

Today we went out to PA to visit an Amish farm. It was a loooonnnnggggg drive! It was supposed to be about 2hrs, ended up being about 4 hours! Between getting stuck in traffic & then not being able to find it, ugh! Thank goodness, it was alot of fun! We took pics of the boys in those silly wooden things w/the holes cut out for their faces! Everybody had fun in the end & that's what matters most!

Sorry to hear that you're still feeling poopy! Sending you gentle hugs & hoping tomorrow goes better for you! How was the movie? My daughter is going to take the boys next week on her day off.

Danica01
07-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Lauren,

I am so happy you had a wonderful adventure today! I am from Ohio and grew up surrounded by Amish farms!!!! I love their breads and pies! We used to always get fresh eggs from the farms........I miss all of that. You know what I miss the most........selling of fruits and vegetables on the side of the road! Mmmmmmmmmmmm REALLY fresh fruit and vegetables.....nothing sounds better in the summer :veryhappy: You should post some of your pictures from today. I would love to see them!

My stomach is still pretty upset tonight. I just had some soup and sprite,so, hopefully tomorrow or even in a few hours I will start to feel better. Make sure you get plenty of rest and take it easy tomorrow.....I will check in with you tomorrow morning to see how you are feeling. I will be thinking about you :hug:

Danica

mountaindreamer
07-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Danica,

i hope you are feeling better today....about the stomach issues with this past shot, this is what i have discovered.....if i eat spicy, or greasy food during the day of my shot, i have a worse time with stomach cramps....so, i try to go bland starting sunday night and all day monday...this seems to help lessen the side effects on tuesday. I am so sorry you are having a tough time....just seems to happen some days.

Also, here in georgia, we still have the local grown veggies set up in people's front yards, and it is on the honor system....i just stop, pick out what i want, put some money in a wodden box, and i have fresh veggies....it is a treasure from the past.

Lauren,

so happy that you have had an easy time with this week's shot....i will keep my fingers crossed that this is what happens each week.

Marla,

here we go girl,,,,the dreaded day is tomorrow. So glad we have each other.

Jane,

love the reese's bar. Yeah, i think i saw alcohol on that list(ha ha ha) but you know, my eyes aren't what they used to be, so maybe is was seeing things.

How are you doing my friend, have you got your chocolate ready?

red246
07-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Taking it easy today. Went to church this morning. It always seems to hit either right before church or during. I just sit there and take my 1/2 a pain pill and keep right on singing! Just tired now. Wish I had some energy to do all the things I want to do!

We have alot of roadside fruit/veggie stands around us. We had a garden last year, but I just don't have the energy to redo it this year. :no: Maybe next year!

Danica - Hope you are feeling better today! Did the soup & sprite help? I like unsalted pretzels when my tummy is bothering me! Or sometimes Coffee Hagen Daaz Ice Cream!

I guess I am lucky that it doesn't affect my stomach all that much. I was all prepared for vomitting/runs/etc.....but I just get a touch of nausea every once in a while, but even that is nothing to write home about. My main things are achy/tired oh and I guess the biggest is my hair. It's really thinning even more! :hissyfit:

For you gals taking it tomorrow (I'm horrible w/names, sorry!) I will be thinking of you and send you all gentle hugs & sweet dreams!

Danica01
07-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. I am trying to remember what I had on Friday so that I can stay away from it but I can not even remember yet!!!!! I need to rest some more.....hehehehe:-) I really hope you have an easy day tomorrow and Tuesday! I will check in with you and see how you are doing over the next 48 hours. The honor system with veggies.....I love it! I miss the road side stands in my neighborhood.......we have a farmer's market at the park every Saturday...I may need to go and check it out next weekend.....mmmmmmmm, fresh fruits and veggies...I feel the need for some cold cucumber slices :veryhappy:

magistramarla
07-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi Meth heads,
Danica, I hope that you are feeling better today.
Fresh, sweet veggies sound so nice. Where I grew up in Illinois, the tomatoes were HUGE, and the cantaloupes were the sweetest. We would go to my great-aunt's house in Calhoun county, and my cousins and I would climb from tree to tree in the orchard, eating juicy peaches, plums, pears and apples until we staggered into the house all sticky and with sick tummies. We had to pump water from the well to clean up and then run to the outhouse when those fruits really got to us! What a memory!
The miserable excuse for homegrown fruits and veggies here in the drought of Texas makes it totally not worthwhile to go out in the heat to any open-air market. I can't wait to enjoy the fresh fruits and veggies in Ca. I read that a town near Monterey has an annual artichoke festival! There are all kinds of fruit and veggie festivals year-round, not to mention the seafood and the wine-tasting trail. Boy, am I going to have fun!
I'm much like Red; the MTX injection doesn't make me all that sick, no matter what I eat. (The pills were a different story). It just makes me feel very tired and yucky the next day. I won't be able to rest much tomorrow. I just took one of my cats, Casper, to the emergency vet clinic with a urinary obstruction. I have to pick him up by 7:30 a.m. to transfer him over to his regular vet. Then, I'll be making another trip to the vet at 11:00 a.m. to take Shadow in for a check-up. I know that I'll be totally wiped out by the afternoon.
My poor preggy daughter sympathizes with Casper. She has a kidney stone and was hospitalized last week. The docs think that it is still in there, so she's supposed to go back to the hospital if it acts up again. We're hoping that she passes it before she gets too far along in her pregnancy. Could you imagine passing one of those in the eighth month of pregnancy?
Take care, everyone. I'll be having my shot this evening, Mountaindreamer.
Marla

mountaindreamer
07-19-2009, 08:08 PM
hi marla,

hope you are having sweet dreams after taking your mtx....sleep helps everything.

oh yeah, i can't imagine passing kidney stones during any part of the pregnancy....poor child, i hope this thing leaves her alone and lets her enjoy this precious time of nurturing life.

sending you wishes for an easy day tomorrow. p.s....your cats are very lucky to have you caring for them.

Danica01
07-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Marla, I hope your daughter feels better soon. That would be so miserable! I feel so sad about the kitty! How are the rest of them doing? Did you find a home for shadow yet? Have you decided if you are going to put the other two down? Hang in there love and get as much rest as you can!!!! I will check in with you tomorrow. I am sending you peaceful thoughts and lots of gentle hugs for tomorrow :hug:

magistramarla
07-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Hi Danica,
Jeff did the driving this morning, and we picked poor Casper up from the emergency clinic and took him over to our regular vet. He does have a urinary blockage and a kidney infection, so he will still need to stay at the vet's for a day or two.
David and I will take Shadow in for his check-up after swim practice. I'm still trying to find a nice cat lady who will let him live out his last few years with her.
I hate it, but I know that it will be kindest to put K.C. and Bexar down. I often have to go wake K.C. just to make sure that he is still breathing. Bexar seems to be in pain sometimes, and he's started to lose control of some bodily functions. I love them dearly, but I'll have to let them go. They are just like kids!
Meg is doing fine right now, but she might still have that kidney stone act up before she has the baby. She also had a fractured spine (now healed) from a roll-over accident last December, so the doc is keeping a close eye on her. Her pregnant friends are very jealous because she's getting to see a physical therapist three times a week - Doctor's orders.
Mom worries about everybody, even after they are no longer under our roof. That is just part of being a mom.
I had my shot last night, and I actually slept fairly well. I'm not feeling too bad today, just sort of achy, like I have the flu. I'll veg out this afternoon, after Shadow's appointment.
Take care of yourself, and enjoy your mini-vacation.
To everyone who has M-Day today - Have a comfortable day!
Marla

Danica01
07-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Marla: Any luck finding the kitty a home???? I am thinking about you and hoping that you find someone who will take good care of the kitty :veryhappy:

How is everyone else doing tonight???? I hope all is well and you are all sleeping with a relaxed body. I am sending you thoughts of a pain free night and lots of gentle hugs :hug:

red246
07-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Okay, so it's Friday once again..........I really don't want to take the medicine tonight! :hissyfit: I know I really don't get hit bad w/side effects, but I just don't want to take it. My father in law is coming on Monday. We haven't seen him in 2 yrs and I know I'm going to be tired and feeling like poop on Monday! There's still so much to do before then. Okay, jsut a little pitty party! :laugh: Hope you all have a good day!

magistramarla
07-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Good luck Lauren,
Take it easy this weekend, and then enjoy your visit with your father-in-law. We lost my beloved mother-in-law a few years ago, and I really miss those visits that we used to have. Just relax and enjoy having him there.

Lori,
I had to take Casper back to the vet today. He's still having some problems, but hopefully, we'll get him well soon. As for Shadow, the older one, my daughter is talking to yet another friend at work who is considering taking him. She has always wanted a black cat, and Shadow is a very sweet-tempered black cat. I'm really, really hopeful.
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello meth heads..

I am still here just onlooking for a bit,

Hope y'all ok

Love

me
xxx

red246
07-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Marla,

How are the kitties? Hope you find a home for Shadow!

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. My father died, wow, 6 yrs ago. (I can't believe it's been that long!) We were extremely close, driving time & emotionally! :cute: I miss him so much. He was always my rock! I love Charlie's dad - he's a grown up version of Charlie - what's not to love!??!?

Trying to relax, not too easy since I just got done filling out forms for 2 daughters for college - UGH! :wacko: Still didn't get much done today. Went out and picked up desk for oldest son for our school room! Woohoo!!!! Now if I could just get the room painted, find bookcases the size/price I want, paint the chalkboard up & be done! Okay, going to go get somehting to settle my stomach! Have a great night all!

magistramarla
07-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Lauren,
Don't you know what "take it easy" means? Pace yourself! I know that it can get crazy when you send kids off to college - been there, done that - 5 times!

Casper, my sick kitty, is doing better today. Good news- if the lady that my daughter is talking to doesn't take Shadow, Meg's father-in-law might. He was here with his youngest daughter, and both of them loved my old boy. I have hope!

We're having the new carpet installed today, so I am stressed out! I had to get out of here, so I went shopping! I bought Disney DVDs for my grandson's birthday next week, and I did a bad thing and went to Chico's. I shouldn't even go there, 'cause I always spend way too much money in that store! I came home exhausted, but the retail therapy sure helped. Those men are still banging around in the upstairs, but I'm a bit more relaxed.
We're putting in the carpet that I've wanted for the last five years, just in time for the renters! Boo Hoo!
Peace to those who take the MTX today. Mine will be tomorrow.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

red246
07-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Marla,

5 times???? How did you survive? I don't think I'm going to make it through the first 2!

Glad to hear that Casper is doing better today! So sad when they're not feeling good!

Retail therapy, love it! I had hubby take me out to Joann's to buy my fabric for the new drapes. I'm so excited. I can't wait to make them. And now I'm going to go take a nap!

mountaindreamer
07-27-2009, 06:56 PM
hello meth heads,

sorry i was not around this weekend when you were taking your mtx, but i am so glad that you have each other....

Lauren, hope your visit with father-in-law is going great...he must be a special man.

Marla, i guess you took your med last night....hope you are doing ok today.

it is my birthday, and i just ended the day by taking my shot....yuk, yuk, but it is done now, so i will just relax and see what tomorrow brings.

wishing you both the very best.

oh yeah...my friend accross the pond....ISDM, how are you fairing this week with everything?

magistramarla
07-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Phyllis,
Oh yes, I took the injection last night, and soon after, our air conditioner had problems. We had a hot night last night, and it wasn't even fun!
This morning I had to visit the oral surgeon (no fun), and then David and I met Jeff at a local BBQ joint, where his office-mates were having a good-by lunch for him and Capt. Priestley. I finally got to rest a bit while I waited for the AC guy to finally show up.
I would love to ever have a quiet day on the day after my injection. It just never seems to happen that way for me.
I hope that you have a peaceful day tomorrow.
Marla

red246
07-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Phyllis - I hope your birthday was good at least b4 you had to take your shot! Happy belated birthday!

Marla - Did they get the air fixed for you? I think I would die if our air went on the fritz! Charlie keeps getting frustrated because I keep setting it at 77! I can't help it - I'm sooo HOT!!!! I step outside for a minute and I start dripping and then I can't cool off for hours! UGH! I hope you are feeling better by now.

My father in law isn't coming until tomorrow. We didn't find out until Saturday, I think. And he's staying w/us. I don't mind, I jsut wasn't expecting it! Oh well! :laugh:

Danica01
07-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Hello all my loves!!!!! I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected tonight. I am thinking about all of you tonight :veryhappy:

Lauren: You can always cry to us love!!!! I am happy you made it through Friday. What do you do in order to avoid the side effects from the yucky meds????? I think I am going to up my Folic Acid this week because the nausea is really getting to me :sad2: I bet you are excited about your guest but I do understand the surprise of the situation can be very stressful even in great circumstances like these. My parents just sent my brother off to school in Florida this past July and my little sister will be moving two hours away in about a week. The will have all the kids leave at once. My mom is taking it pretty hard and I have been trying to call and check on her regularly. I am sorry you are going through this stress but try to remember you will go through the paper work once and only once! Hang in there and we will all make sure you survive!

Marla: I am so happy Shadow may have a new home!!!!!! I know you feel so much better once you know he is taken care of and settled in somewhere nice for the duration of his life. I am happy to hear the little sick one is doing better. I do not know how you are even able to function after your shot....I am impressed!!!!! I hate it when there are things going on in the house and you just want to relax. Shopping therapy is not a bad thing and it sounds like you picked up some great things for you and you little loved ones! Last July tim and I were in bed and it was hot! Like you, not the good hot :-) We looked at the thermostat and realized it was 20 degrees higher than normal.....95 in the house! It was 109 outside....at night!!!!!! It took about a week to fix it but we ended up going to stay at Tim's mom and dad's house in Tucson for a few days to escape the heat. I understand the yuckiness you feel when the air acts up! I hope tonight it is a bit cooler and a bit comfy for you, the kitties and your hubby! It can be miserable!

Jane: You just look on for as long as you need to. Remember you are always in our hearts.......we love you :heart:

Phyllis: Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!! Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!! Happy birthday my dear Phyllis..............happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday before your shot! Just relax tomorrow and extend your special day up until tomorrow night.....I do it every year!!!!! I hope you are feeling ok tonight and I hope you have lots of treats to get you through the next twenty-four hours. I will check on you tomorrow and will be thinking about you tonight!!!!

I am sending all of you thoughts of a pain free night and lots of gentle hugs to get you through the next day and week ;hug:

Danica01
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Just checking on all of you today. I hope you are all resting and relaxing and eating lots of chocolate!!!!! I increased my floic acid so hopefully that will help with the nausea feeling on Saturday :veryhappy:

mountaindreamer
07-28-2009, 08:48 PM
hi ladies,

i hope everyone is over their mtx and enjoying a few days of little pain. I had a tough day, but feel much better now. Tomorrow i take my grandkids to Callaway Gardens for the night. Thanks to mtx, i can now plan things, and i know we will have a blast.

we made it through another week....hooray for the meth heads.

Danica01
07-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Hooray!!!!!!!! Have a great time tomorrow with the kiddies!!!!!! Let us know how it goes :veryhappy:

mountaindreamer
08-03-2009, 06:40 AM
hi everyone, well it is monday again, and i am hoping that each of you is having a mild reaction to your mtx dose.

Danica - i know you are off on an adventure with tim....hope you are having a blast.

marla - i saw where you were adjusting your time of dosing in an effort to make your travel plans a little easier....hope this worked for you.

jane - my precious "over the pond" friend....hope the day is going ok.

i will check in with everyone later tonight....just know that i am thinking of each of you.

mountaindreamer
08-10-2009, 08:51 PM
hey hey all of my meth head friends,

where are all of you? Danica, did you and tim just decide to run away forever?, Marla, did you get through traveling accross the universe? and ISDM....where are you, miss you girl.

i hope everyone is doing ok this week,

magistramarla
08-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi Phyllis,
Yes, I'm back in SA. Check out the thread that I started called "Off to do Gramma Duty". I gave a full report on our insane trip. I'll upload some pictures as soon as I can get Jeff to take them off of the camera.
I had my MTX on Sunday evening, then managed to have a fairly quiet Monday. Today, we spent the day getting the house cleaned up and I made a nice steak dinner and apple pie. Our tenants, Katie and Josh, came over for dinner, and we gave them "This old house 101".
We've lined up a duplex in Monterey, so as soon as the AF gets Jeff's orders done, we can get the movers here.
Zoe the black Lab has a great new home. Gizmo the black cat is now living with Kayla. Katie and Josh's dog just died, so they agreed to keep Shadow (another black cat). Josh and Shadow really liked each other! My two 18 year old kitties are too old and too sick, so we'll have to put them to sleep just before we leave. That's the tough part.
Dax (the Maine Coon) and Casper (A Flame Point Siamese) will be moving with us.
Everything is falling into place, so I guess we're almost ready to go to Ca.!
BTW, while we were traveling, I had Jeff to give me my shot last Sunday just before we left Kayla's house to head for Little Rock. Now I know what I usually sleep through. I was sitting in the car feeling pretty miserable for most of the trip there. Luckily, I felt good for the rest of the week!
Thanks for asking. I know that Danica is back in Phoenix. I hope that ISDM answers. I haven't seen her here for a while.
We're headed for bed - have a good night!
Marla

Danica01
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Phyllis: Hi my love! I wish that Tim and I could disappear on a very long journey. We had so much fun seeing all that states and cities along our way. I was even able to see my best friend in the whole world! I hadn't seen her for 3 years! I love traveling with Tim. It takes us away from our everyday problems right now. I hope things get better soon. At least at the end of the day we have each other:heart: Oh, I had to take my shot on the road!!!!! I took it Friday night in Santa Fe and we drove to Flagstaff the next day.......the Saturday drive was brutal and I had to lay down the minute we got into town!!!!!! I did though and I am actually looking forward to staying put this Friday and Saturday. I am going to try to talk Tim into going down to Tucson for the weekend to get him out of the house..........I should tell you, I don't know if you remember but we lost our jobs last year and until I started watching my friends baby I had no income coming in and Tim has been doing side jobs to feed us. We both have college degrees, his is in finance and mine is in accounting. The economy has hit both of our industries really hard. So, due to my insurance and medications we had to make the choice between mortgage payments or me. We of course chose to keep me healthy. Well, when we got home we received the letter that our home will be auctioned off on November 4. Technically we have another 90 days after that before we legally have to be out. The funny things is we have not paid out mortgage since October 2008!!!!!!!!! In the end I have just lost my insurance and I am very afraid, it was $500 a month and sucked all of our savings away. It is just so hard and I really don't know what to do or even who to turn to. Tim always reminds me, it could be worse. I hope you are feeling well love and I think about you everyday! :hug:

Marla: I completely understand about what we sleep though!!!!!!!! That Saturday car ride after my shot was rough!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy when we landed again for the night. I am so happy you made it home and I am excited for you new adventure. I am so sad you have to put you two older kitties to sleep:cry: I do understand and think you made the right choice in this case......good for you for doing that. You are very special. I loved reading all about your trip and I can feel the excitement in your words when it comes to your move. Where at in California will you be moving?????? Will you be by the beach?????? I hope you are feeling well and I am thinking about you all the time too :veryhappy:

magistramarla
08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi Danica,
My son-in-law also has a degree in finance and lost his job with Merrill-Lynch in Ft. Worth. He applied for several jobs in Colorado and was offered three! He took the one that offered the best salary, with Compass Bank in Denver. Wells Fargo and Mutual of Omaha also offered him jobs there. Do you think that Tim could pursue those kinds of jobs? Would you be interested in Colorado? It seems to be a good move for my kids. Kayla teaches preschool, and she's already finding some openings there. Hope this helps!
Yes, we will live a few blocks from the beach - in Monterey, Ca. We'll have a 3 bedroom duplex in base housing. It should be nice and restful for me, but my Love will be studying his butt off! He'll finish with a PHD in computer security, and then we'll come back to Lackland AFB for him to take a high position in the new Cyber Command Headquarters. Even though he's 52, Jeff will be a very powerful player in the computer security world, so he'll have great job security! With my illness, it is such a relief.
Good luck with job searches,
Hugs,
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
08-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Sorry i not been around, but its nice to see this thread still as popular as ever :yes:

Ive been sufferin with another migraine.....same old stuff diff day aye?!

My mtx went up to 15mg on monday, wow stoned up feelin! kinda dint miss that at all, never mind we move on.

I hope everyone is having a lovely thursday?!
Im off for another MRI tmrw at 1:30pm (for my back) to rule out any soft tissue or nerve damaged, then we can go onto better things and better help.

Depression and anxiety under control, OCD ok...ish

Over and out

Love
me
xxx

mountaindreamer
08-13-2009, 11:52 AM
hi danica, marla and ISDM

thanks to each of you for responding to my "cry out".... it was so weird taking my mtx this week without all of you...guess that sounds pretty selfish, but i did miss you.

Marla,...you are one busy lady....you are constantly moving people in and out and transporting pets, finding homes, etc.....i am sure that a lot of people benefit from your generosity.

i have had to put pets down before....it is incredibly heart breaking, but it is the humane thing to do....sorry you have had to do this.

Danica....yes, i did remember about your's and tim's jobs....i am so sorry that the two of you have been thrust into the middle of this economic disaster....but, i am so glad that you have each other.

I have no idea where a person goes to get help with all of the negatives that people go through. Has your insurance already run out?

Marla had some good ideas about colorada. Also, North Carolina is a very active banking state, but i don't know if the job opportunities are any stronger....are you guys open to moving or do you want to stay near home?

i am relieved that you have some time before you completely loose your home. Have you tried to go online and search for those "mortgage angels" that are helping people by buying their home at auction, then leasing it back to the original owner? The situation that this country is in, is requiring that we "think outside of the box."

ISDM.....hey girl...(i am speaking very quietly so that i don't make your migraine any worse). Hope you are getting some relief today. Good luck on your MRI....how long until you get the results?

You say your mtx was increased to 15 mg....are you getting any relief from this dosage? i understand that you can take up to 25 mg if needed.

Glad everyone is back in touch....

Kris J
08-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi, I also take MTX. If the vial says, 1ml/50mg, than you'll be getting 50mg in 1ml or 1cc, so you'd be getting 25mg in .5ml or .5cc

I am currently on both MTX at 17.5mg and Enbrel. I was diagnosed 3 years ago and it's been a tough ride, to say the least! Hope the above information is helpful.
Kris J.

red246
08-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello all my fellow meth heads! Sorry I haven't posted much lately, life has been hectic as usual!

I am supposed to up my dose from 4 to 6 pills tonight. I'm really not wanting to do it! I don't want to go back to feeling like poop afterwards! I know I've been lucky since adjusting to the original dose, and I guess I just don't want to risk it! By the same token, I don't want to keep taking the prednisone. I also want the brain fog to go away, so I guess I'm going to take all 6 and hpe that it helps! I'm really tired of being a space cadet!

I hope yuo all are doing well!

Okay, really stupid, I forgot to refill my meth! So, I only had 4 pills to take! DUH!!!!

Danica01
08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Tonight is shot night.......yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marla: I think we are connected in some way!!!!! Tim and I traveled to Colorado a few years ago and feel in love with the entire area. Last fall we were both offered dream jobs in Denver and a few days before we were to leave, the company went under. We have been trying to get back there ever since. This week I contacted a few employment agencies in the Denver area and hopefully we will hear something back from them! That would be our dream place to live!!!!!! Cross your fingers for us, we would be happy there :veryhappy:

My little mountaindreamer, I missed you too! It is amazing how much we help each other through these rough days! I am back and hopefully I will eventually catch up and be on top of all the messages!!!!!!!

Jane: I am so happy to see you back with us! I am sorry that you have been having some pain and you had to increase your methotrexate. Hang in there and I am sending you gentle hugs tonight to get you through all of this :hug:

magistramarla
08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Meth heads,
I'll be taking my injection this evening, so I'm thinking of all of you.
We've been having our upstairs bathroom re-done, so life has been crazy for the last few days. It got especially bad yesterday when we discovered a leak coming from up there to the downstairs hallway and the dining room ceiling. I've seen too much of plumbers lately!
The nice part of the weekend was that my son drove in from Houston. It was nice to spend some time with him before we leave.
Wishing everyone pain-free days,
Marla

Danica01
08-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Marla, I hope you are feeling well and handling shot night ok. You know what has really helped the past few weeks......ice cold grapes!!!!! I don't know why but they make my tummy feel better the next day after shot night :veryhappy: Well, I have an interview at Wells Fargo Wednesday afternoon. I am nervous and excited at the same time and it is in Phoenix but maybe I can eventually transfer to Colorado or somewhere we would actually like to love!!!!! I will keep you updated this week and let you know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!!! I am sending you healing thoughts and lots of gentle hugs :hug:

magistramarla
08-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Bona Fortuna! (Good luck!)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Marla

mountaindreamer
08-17-2009, 07:42 AM
hi marla and danica,

danica, how are you doing? it has been a couple of days since your mtx, and i hope you are feeling better by now.....good luck at wells fargo, i will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you....

marla, are you ok today....you had your shot last night, so i hope today is ok for you. So sorry about the plumbing thing....good grief, you guys really stay busy.

today is my daughter's, lisa, birthday. we have had a great weekend celebrating, but tonight i will be staying home.....

i must say, the last few weeks have been a little easier on me after the mtx...i usually start feeling better by mid afternoon, and i have not even taken any of my "recovery med"....i hope this week will also be mild.

i just don't know what i would do without you ladies....thanks danica, marla and jane for being my meth head friends....and to everyone else here at whl...thanks.

red246
08-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Hello all you lovely ladies! Hope today finds all of you feeling better!

Marla - Hope your day isn't going too bad & you are getting some rest. How is the bathroom coming?

Mountaindreamer - Hope your daughter has a wonderful b-day! Glad to hear that you're having an easier time of it after your shot!

Danica - I'll be keeping you in my prayers for Wednesday! Like you said, maybe eventually you'll get out to Colorado! It is beautiful out there! I'm hoping that maybe next year we can go out & visit my brother.

ISDM - Hope you are feeling better & have gotten some answers w/your MRI. Migraines SUCK!!!!

mountaindreamer
08-17-2009, 01:59 PM
hi lauren,

so glad you joined in, the more in the group, the more fun we get to have together.

Please forgive me for not including you in the list....i knew i was missing someone, but what is new about that? I have the worst memory and am constantly apologizing....

red246
08-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Phyllis,

Don't worry about it! I usually don't respond individually to everyone cuz I have to keep going back to the posts like 50 times and by the time I get back up to my post I've forgottten already! :laugh: I was having a "good" moment yesterday & figured I'd take advantage of it!

Hope you're having a good day!

mountaindreamer
08-18-2009, 08:37 AM
hi lauren,

i had the same problem with having to refer back to previous posts....i have since discovered that you can scroll down the screen bar (while you are writing a reply) and it will show the previous posts (at least one page worth).

hope you are having a great day.

red246
08-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Phyllis,

I know, I still forget between scrolling up & down! :-)

mountaindreamer
08-18-2009, 01:02 PM
oh, do i ever understand that....i am constantly going back to look at things multiple times....oh what fun we have.

mountaindreamer
08-22-2009, 02:37 PM
it is the weekend, and i am just checking on my meth head friends...marla and danica, are you staying home this time, or on the road?

lauren, i hope you are enjoying your weekend...i forgot when you take your mtx.

jane, jane, jane.....hope you are having great weather and are spending time with your new family...

any new meth heads? you are invited to join our group....

Oluwa
08-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I am now an Imuran Head pill popper...does that count....Love, O.

magistramarla
08-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Phyllis,
Yes, I'll be home for the shot tomorrow. We plan to pack all the china and "pretties" tomorrow, so that we can store them along with the antique china cabinet and the antique Philco radio. Should be a fun day. We're still waiting for the AF to get official papers to the moving office, so we're biting our nails and wondering if we can get the movers here before Sept. 5. Plan B is to pack it ourselves, then move everything to the garage for the movers to pick up from there. Our renters move in Sept. 5, so we're on a time line. STRESS!!!!
Today, my Spasmodic Dysphonia support group had a going-away luncheon for us at the Pompeii Grill, my favorite Italian restaurant. After that, I made Jeff go "school shopping" at the outlet mall. In Texas, this is "tax-free" weekend, so everybody goes school shopping. Jeff tends to wear clothes until they are threadbare, so I have to force him to do some replacing once in a while. (He wisely kept me out of Chico's)
I'm now wiped out on the couch while he's doing some work on the upstairs bathroom. He's having his official retirement ceremony from the Reserves on Thursday, and Meg, Tyler and Tom will be staying upstairs, so we need that bathroom to be functional.
There is no such thing as rest.

Oluwa,
You're welcome in this group, no matter what drug you take!

Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
hooray, oluwa decided to join our little group....ok oluwa, you can join, but your witty self is assigned the job of finding a new name.....methhead is too confining, and we all know that you can't confine lupus.

What is the dosage schedule for Imuran? if you take it once a week, what is your designated night?

Marla, i guess you have taken your shot by now....i hope you are doing ok....do you get to rest tomorrow? or are another 4 or 5 people moving in....are you sure you don't have a revolving door with an open sign outside?

tomorrow is my dreaded night. I have been feeling worse every day for the last 4 days...it is starting to take its toll on me, so i am a little worried that tuesday might be worse than other times....oh well,,,,, such is our life.

ok, ISDM, Danica, and red246....time to check in...hope you all are doing ok.

magistramarla
08-23-2009, 07:48 PM
LOL Phyllis,
Yes, I do feel like we have an OPEN sign on the door. This old house has seen a lot of people move in & out over the past 17 years. We've celebrated lots of proms and graduations here, and kids have gone off to college, and one went off to the war and came back. We've celebrated some weddings, and we've seen kids move back, sometimes with the spouses and even one with a step-child. We've had two grandsons spend most of their first two years in this house, so this house has had its share of babies, too. The kids have also brought home a huge assortment of animals, from fish to lizards to guinea pigs to birds to many dogs and even more cats.
Yesterday Josh, our tenant, received a letter in the mail at this address. That must have been interesting to the mailman! Meg and I recently were discussing that it is very cool that Katie and Josh will celebrate their wedding next summer while living in this house. I have pictures of my girls in their prom dresses and wedding dresses standing on the landing under the chandelier. I'm going to ask Katie to take one there, too, so I can add it to my collection.
Ours is one of those big old houses that just lends itself to having a big family, so a lot tends to happen there. I'm glad that we've been able to give our kids that kind of a home and memories, and that they do feel welcome to come back. We might move back into this house in 3 years, if the tenants don't offer to buy it. What do you want to bet that if we do, one of our kids will move back in, too?
I've had my injection tonight, and I'm resting with my Chai tea and a big slice of bread pudding. I'll get to rest most of the day tomorrow. I do have a rheumy appt. in the morning, so I can't totally veg out. I hope to feel better Tuesday, since I need to attend the retirement rehearsal and that evening, some friends are taking us out to dinner. On Wednesday evening, the kids should be arriving, so I'll cook that day.
We spent all day today packing glassware and china, and we're still not done! I have two full sets of china, as well as lots of pieces that I've inherited from both of our mothers. I have some green depression glass from my mother and aunt that I'm very protective of, and since I had relatives that worked at the Alton Glassworks, I have some very unique glass dishes. None of the girls are settled down enough to want much of it yet, so I've got a lot. This is even after both Hillary and Meg each took a full set of my mother-in-law's china! His mom also collected anything and everything made of blue glass, so the girls and I all have a lot of that, too. I'm amazed at how much I've had stored in this house!
I hope that your shot doesn't affect you too badly - think positive thoughts!
To all of you other Methheads (and you, too Oluwa), I hope that you have a peaceful M-Day.
Gentle Hugs all around,
Marla

mountaindreamer
08-24-2009, 09:05 AM
hi marla,

wow, what a life of memories in your "big old house". Your kids are very fortunate....they know that they are always welcome home, and i can just imagine all of the laughter that floats around. I presently have two of my kids staying here, one has moved back home and the other is staying a few weeks. My middle daughter and her kids live just around the corner, so i also have a revolving door....it can be fun. Everyone has pets and they all come for "play dates".

what a special gift to have the glassware from your mother and mother-i-law. I too have some very old china, silver, etc from my grandmother that i am saving for my daughters.....like yours, they are not ready to accept the caregiver's job of protecting these valuables, so i keep moving the priceless (at least to me they are priceless) treasures.

my downward slide has landed me into a horrible flare today, so i am in bed and just watching the world go by.

let me know how your drs. appointment goes today.

OLUWA.....did you decide to accept my challenge for a new name?

magistramarla
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi Phyllis,
I'm back from the appointment. I just saw the NP and had the old blood work done. She wanted to check in with me one more time before we leave, so that she can send up-to-date info to my new rheumatologist. I already have an appointment with one in Monterey in October. She was recommended to me by a member of the AVN group that I also chat with who lives there.
The NP sent me to get a quick X-ray of the knees. She and I are both cheered that the Plaquenil and the MTX are helping me so much - joint stiffness is gone, energy level is up.
She's a bit stumped that my knee still has that "ball of fire" pain and the muscles behind my legs and knees hurt so much. The X-ray is to check on the AVN, so that the new rheumy will have something to start with.
I actually feel good today! I wonder if the rest of you meth heads have noticed this? We all know that we must take extra folic acid, but do any of the rest of you CRAVE it the way I do? The last two times that I've been out to eat for lunch, I've ordered a HUGE salad, and polished off the whole thing. I've never been a big salad eater before this. Anyway, after my x-ray, I was starting to feel sort of yucky and hungry at the same time, so I pulled into a new restaurant that just opened called Cheddars and ate the huge chicken and pecan topped salad. Since then, I've felt great!
Phyllis, I hope that you get over this flare quickly. When I feel yucky, I like to veg out in front of The Food Network, and then when I feel better, Jeff gets to eat a new recipe from The Barefoot Contessa, or Giada, or Paula Deen, or Rachael......
Take care of yourselves, everyone,
Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
08-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Phyllis and everyone else,
I just figured out how to do an attachment on here, so I thought that I would show you all those kids I've been mentioning.
The first one is our beautiful bride Meg with her handsome hubby, Airman 1st Class Tyler Singleton, and her equally handsome dad, Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Dean.
The other one is all of my brood, minus a couple of in-laws. L to R, Kyle, with Auntie Hillary, Heather (the PHD), Meg & Tyler, David with his Auntie Kayla, and Tom.
Next is Hillary and Steve's wedding. I couldn't get the pic of Kayla & Mike to upload.
At least you now have faces to go with names.
Anyone else want to share?
Marla

mountaindreamer
08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
marla...what a beautiful family....i have pictures of my kids on my profile page, but i do not know how to download into the idividual posts.

how are you feeling?

Angel Oliver
08-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Just to say im not on your medications,but im wishing you all well and what a lovely family in the photos.
Erm.....i have a pain patch on...does that count ?

Love n hope you all rest and feel better soon.
Amanda.xxxx

mountaindreamer
08-24-2009, 06:03 PM
if you don't mind being called a "meth head", then come on....we love company.

Oluwa
08-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Phyllis...

Hows about ...Yaba Heads... Yaba is slang for crazy medicine..

I take 100mg of Imuran, daily....it gives me a stomach ache, nausea..

Love,
Yaba Daba Lupie
Oluwa

red246
08-25-2009, 06:24 AM
I love it! Yaba Heads! :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing good today! Hanging in here, just busy w/ kiddos. Been fighting off a flu bug or something. (((HUGS))) to all my friends!

mountaindreamer
08-25-2009, 07:07 AM
we have a new name....yaba heads...i knew we could count on oluwa to find the perfect name for a group of "crazy medicine" lupies.....i envision us all dancing in circles around a camp fire on the ocean shore....

thanks oluwa, welcome to the group...sorry you have to take your yaba every day and am so sorry that it causes nausea each time.

Danica01
08-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I like the new name! The Divine Secrets of the Yabab Sisters :veryhappy: Well loves, I am just checking on all of you to see how you are doing. I hope everyones meds went down like a spoon full of sugar and recovery is over. I thought os you all this week. Miss you very much :hug:

mountaindreamer
08-26-2009, 06:27 PM
yes, i love the name too...now, anyone taking "crazy medicine" can join our little yada heads group.

magistramarla
08-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Yaba, daba dooo!
I just had to do that!
I hope that all is well for everyone. Luckily for me, the MTX barely made me queasy this time around. Good thing, too. I spent most of yesterday on the base; for the retirement rehearsal, shopping for a gift for Jeff at the military clothing store (I bought him a jacket that says Air Force Retired on it), buying a nice wine to take to the friends who invited us to dinner, and hitting the commissary for a few items to feed my little preggy.
Speaking of the preggy, she and Tyler drove all night and wandered in at 4 a.m. I now have her gorgeous German Shepherd lying at my feet and her Chihuahua curled up against my hip while we wait for Tom to wander in from Houston. Little Lily and my cat Casper are wrestling buddies, so the two of them were delighted to see each other again. Meghan is getting huge now, and we know that it is a boy! This will make grandson # 3. I still wish that someone would ever have a girl!
Tomorrow is the big retirement ceremony. It is going to be very, very cool. Jeff is getting two medals of honor, and a whole lot of pomp. There is even going to be a full military honor guard, and they will present their flag to Jeff and I. I plan to proudly fly it on holidays at our new home in Ca. He will also get a shadow box with a flag and all of his honors and awards to display in our home. He's had 28 years of service, so that box is full of stuff. Tomorrow will really be a great day.
On Monday, the packers will be here, and on Tuesday they will load our household goods onto a big truck. On Wednesday, my former housekeeper is coming to give the house a great cleaning. On Thursday, the exterminator is coming by. We'll be busy doing last minute work to get the house ready for our tenants. On Saturday morning, we'll give them the keys and we'll take off on our new adventure.
I'm getting tired just thinking about all that we have to do. Everyone please send me good thoughts for the next couple of weeks. I'm going to need all the help I can get! Now I have to go make cheese balls for the reception.
Hugs to all,
Marla

mountaindreamer
08-31-2009, 10:58 AM
hi marla,

how did the retirement ceremony go? from what you described, sounds like an incredible event. So, it is monday, this means the movers are there packing all of your belongings....how do all of your four-legged family members cope with the strangers in the house?

yes, i am sending you tons of well wishes for the next couple of weeks...keep us posted.

mountaindreamer
08-31-2009, 11:01 AM
hello to all of my yaba head friends,

i hope every one is recovering from their "crazy medicine" of choice.

i have always wondered about long-term effects of mtx, and any other chemo drug. I asked my rheumy today about how long i can take mtx and she said i could take for the rest of my life as long as my liver holds out.

do any of you have any thoughts, questions, experience with these meds about what might happen after an extended time of taking them?

magistramarla
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi Phyllis and all the other yaba heads,
Yes, the retirement ceremony was very lovely. Jeff looked very handsome in his dress uniform, and so did Tyler. We had Hillary, Steve and David there, and Tom, and Meg and Tyler. All of us girls were presented with flowers, and each of the kids (even the two missing ones) were given certificates of appreciation from the AF. Jeff received many honors, and it was a great capstone to a long career. We had a lovely family dinner at a nice restaurant, and the next evening, our friends treated us to a dinner at their country club. Meg & Tom both once worked there, so they had a blast seeing old friends.
Today has been long and hard. We've had four people here all day, boxing up all of our stuff. We're down to just three cats now, so we locked them in an empty room with their food and litter all day. We were also dog-sitting David's pup today, but he spent his time in the back yard or his crate. We're resting now, and the cats are wandering around in shock. They will really be shocked tomorrow when they come down and find everything gone!
I had my shot yesterday, so I wasn't feeling great today, and I hardly slept at all last night. This will be our last night in our own bed for a while, so I hope that I can sleep tonight.
If my picture uploaded right, check out my grand-dogs, Conner and Lilly! Meg took the cute pic of the two of them trying to rest on the trip back to Arkansas. I told you that they were an odd couple of best friends.
I hope that all of you who took your meds today are resting well, and will feel good this week. Thanks for the good thoughts. Hopefully, I'll still have internet access until Thursday or Friday. We'll be on the road on Saturday.
Hugs to all,
Marla

Oluwa
08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
So, hows da yaba heads....?

L.
O.

Danica01
09-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I hope everyone is feeling better tonight after their weekly dose. I started a new job today but have had you all on my mind:veryhappy: Saturday shot went ok and I noticed that increasing my folic acid throughout the week has help a lot!

Marla: I am so happy it was a beautiful party and what a great idea, giving the family members certificates doe showing support! I am so happy you are onto your new adventure! I love the puppies! I really wish we could get one but soon enough we will. Tonight I am sending you healing thoughts and gentle hugs:hug:

Oluwa!!!!!!!!! I have been meaning to tell you thank you for the last 9 months. You posted a thread over a year ago about discounted medication websites, I have been receiving all my medicine at a discount or even for free this past year! That would not have been possible if I hadn't stumbled on your thread! Thanks love, I could never begin to explain the help this have given us during this time in our lives. I sending you soft hugs tonight:hug:

magistramarla
09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Danica,
Congrats! You got the job! Way to go!
We're super busy today, getting the house ready. I'll try to write more later.
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
09-02-2009, 06:55 PM
hi yaba head friends,

danica...congrats, you got the job....that is FANTASTIC.

Oluwa....so glad you joined

Marla....what's new...you are the busiest person that i know. seriously, contrats to you, jeff, and your family...i know everything was really nice. good luck getting to california, and setting up your new home.

Angel Oliver
09-03-2009, 05:17 AM
Wow well done Danica on the job,remember weeks ago,bet you never thought this time was possible,but things happen for a reason and our lives do get better at some point doesnt it,you are the proof of that with Tim....well done.

Marla,

Yes i agree soooooooo busy but well done and good luck on the move.Fab photo of the dogs ahhhhh.x

Phyllis,
hope you are feeling ok and thanks for helping me out always

Oluwa,

Same to you,so caring and helpful and a good friend,

Today im feeling sick and drunk from my new pills but im heading for a bubble bath and a lie down now.I hope you all feel better today and do nice things also.

love Amanda.xxxxx

magistramarla
09-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey Yaba Heads,
I'll be out of touch for a while, since we start traveling tomorrow. We'll be turning in our cable equipment today, so no more internet until we get set up at the new address.
We'll be in El Paso, Tx. at a motel tomorrow night.
We're visiting Jeff's aunt near Tuscon Sunday night.
We'll be at my Step-mother's house near Phoenix Monday night.
We'll be back in a motel in Ontario, Ca on Tuesday night.
We'll be staying at the Navy Lodge when we get to Monterey until we get into our house.
I'll be back once I get internet access again.
I'll be thinking about all of you when I take my MTX injection on Sunday.
I wish you all a couple of good weeks. I'll miss you all until I can come back.
Hugs to all,
Marla

Oluwa
09-04-2009, 08:34 AM
You're welcome Danica..hugging ya back and thank you everyone for the loving welcome.

With my jaba drug, they reduced it to half the other day. I was feeling like I was mutating. Hopefully this will contain any futher transformation till I see the doctor on the 14th.

Puffy eyes, swollen ankles..that sloshed with water..not hard lard but I can feel it moving. I sent Amanda snaps..gross,eh? And not my usual self..I've been wandering in the dark...

And how are you all?

Loving ya,
Oluwa

magistramarla
09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi Yaba Heads!
I'm in the Navy Lodge at the Naval Postgraduate School. Check out my post in Laurie's Lounge. The shot "on the road" went well. Jeff gave it to me at his cousin's house, and we didn't go far on Monday - just up the road to my stepmother's in Phoenix.
I feel great except for the extremely painful legs. I sure hope that I can feel better, since there is so much to explore here on the Monterey Peninsula.
Wishing you all a great week,
Hugs from Paradise,
Marla

mountaindreamer
09-10-2009, 08:23 PM
hi marla,

so glad to hear that the shot went ok this week....i can't imagine traveling.....oh, makes my stomach hurt to think about it.

i hope your legs feel better really soon, so that you can get out and see the beautiful country around you.

iseedeadmonkeys
09-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Hello everyone...now to be called yabaheads evidently!!

Hope everyone is feeling pretty lush?

I just thought i would take some time to tell ya all about my latest mtx moments...sorry ive not been on here writing for a while but i wanted to see how it all goes.....SO....About 4 weeks ago i started my new dose of mtx 15mg, i was a bit unsure of how it would work for me (if anything, how it would improve my life style) so i gave it time for the first 2 weeks i was experiencing some quite bad migranes that were lasting 3/4 days at a time (usually around the time of m day) i gave it the benefit of the doubt and worked with it.

Now i am pleased to say that my new dose of mtx is working extreamly well with me :yes: the headaches have subsided i get a nibble of them every now and then but nothing to the extream of when i started my new dose, more importantly my back issues are not as bad as they were, ive even taken to walking for 2/3 miles every sunday with my brother up and down the river (there was no way that would ever happen before) ive lost some weight too so good stuff!! im alot more positive happy and the fatigue and other aches and pains have got alot better too, im still getting my blood work checked and its doing ok not affected my liver etc, i think ive finally found the perfect combination of mtx for my system.

So i wanted to say to you all keep with it ppl its only taken me since october last year to get to where i am today it may seem a long hall but its not really when u think about it.

Take care all my meth head friends, all my love for yesteryear and the future.

Jane
xxx

mountaindreamer
09-11-2009, 01:04 PM
hi jane,

this is outstanding news....you have really worked hard and you have improved your quality of life. How wonderful that the headaches have almost gone away, and your back feels better too. You walk along the river with your brother, and you have lost weight...I am so glad that you are smiling now....you deserve the very best, and it seems to finally be coming your way.

i love the name yaba heads, the idea of our name being "crazy medicine" heads is too funny.

give the family a hug for me.

red246
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey all my fellow yabbaheads! Still love that name! :laugh: Question for the day.....what is the max dose of meth using pills? Currently I'm taking 6 pills. Wondering what the max dose is before they try something different. I'm getting some relief, but not as much as I thought I would. Thanks in advance for any info! :yes:

mountaindreamer
09-16-2009, 06:40 AM
hi lauren,i understand that the max dosage of mtx pills is 25 mg....which is the equivalent of 1 mm in the shot form. You might want to ask your dr. about changing to the weekly shot....i still have daily struggles, but the shot does help me a lot.

Oluwa
09-18-2009, 06:41 AM
No one mentioned orange pee?

I started the crazy med last week...in pill form.

Love,
Yaba O.

red246
09-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Phyllis,

Thanks for the info! I'm sorry but there's NO WAY I'm giving myself a shot! :no: I'm a BIG :hissyfit: when it comes to shots.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day! :yes:

iseedeadmonkeys
09-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Bright yellow pee Oluwa hohoho

....fun times i did tell u that

xxxx

Angel Oliver
09-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Just bringing this forward for the newbies Jane.

Hey i did have bright green wee this week.Kryptonite. How are you Jane? Still feeling better on the mtx? I always use you as a hopeful story as now you are feeling a little better after finding the right dose.Am i ok doing that?Hope so.Hope you had a fab holiday.xxxxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
09-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Hello

Yes im fine thanx Angel, as you kno from speaking to me last night.

Ive decided to take my MTX on a sunday night now, i took it last night instead and feel better about my week ahead...yes i have a busy one.

I strongly advise anyone who is deciding to change their mtx days to firstly spk to their drs and not to go ahead with it willy nilly like i did.

The only reason i went ahead with changing my days is cause ive been on it for yonks now and my blood work is fine with it.

I would like to welcome all the newbies who are thinking of starting mtx or who are already taking the wonder drug, it has changed my life style alot (for the better too) stick with it peeps you will notice the changes when the dose is right for you.

Happy m day everyone

Lots of love & light
Jane
xxx

Oluwa
09-21-2009, 05:57 AM
I swallowed my three...I'll let ya know when my pee turns neon orange yellow...

Love,
O.

iseedeadmonkeys
09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
yummy

ISDM

magistramarla
10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Yabba Heads!
I haven't seen this wonderful thread pop up in a long time. How are all of you doing with your MTX?
I had my injection last night, and I had the worst reaction yet today. I usually just feel a little nauseous and tired the next day. Today, I've done nothing but sleep and throw up. I'm just now feeling a bit better and I'm keeping some crackers down.
I've been taking MTX since June. I reacted to the pills this way, but this is the first time the injection has done this to me. Has anyone else had this happen?
Gentle Hugs to all,
Marla

Bonita
10-20-2009, 07:59 AM
I just got done taking mine 10 for the second time and the first dose the next day i felt like a truck ran over me and i was nausea for a few days. I take mine in pill form and i have to take 3 folic acid every day to help with the side affects. Was really scared to take this but the insurance company turnded down the doc 2 times for cell-ceph. Bonita

magistramarla
10-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Bonita,
I really hated the pill form, but I haven't been doing too badly on the injections. This time was the most ill that I've been after an injection. The next few days make it worthwhile for me, though. I start having a lot more energy and feeling pretty good for the rest of the week.
My hubby and I have a theory about why I felt worse this time. Last week, I finished the vials that I had purchased in Texas before we moved. This week, my injection came from a new vial purchased here in Ca. We're wondering if the pharmacy here had a more potent batch of MTX?
I was horribly sick yesterday, but I've been a whirlwind of energy today! I got so much accomplished today!
I hope that it's working for you.
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
10-21-2009, 05:30 PM
hi marla, the day after my injection can range from ok to total stomach cramps and complete misery. Some weeks, i can sleep most of the day and be ok, and other weeks, i stay in bed curled up with pillows pressed against my belly. I don't know what makes this happen. I try to eat bland foods the day of my shot, but don't really know if it makes a difference. Maybe you should consult the pharmacist that you will be working with. Maybe he/she can check for differences.....this is serious medication and you should take no chances for errors. hope you are feeling better today.....and that you are enjoying your few days of energy.

magistramarla
10-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Phyllis,
Your description fits me exactly. Usually, I've been just queasy and tired the day after. This time I couldn't sit upright without feeling sick. It will be interesting to see what next Monday is like. I'm doing OK today, but I don't have that huge burst of energy that I had yesterday.
The rheumy called today. She received my last blood test results from Texas. For the first time, it showed my vitamin D level to be low. That's sort of strange, since I take a vitamin D supplement every day. I used to take my grandson to swim practice, so I got some sunshine every day. I wonder if the end of swim season had anything to do with it?
Do you know whether MTX has an effect on vitamin D absorption? Just fishing here.
Hope your week is going well,
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
i don't know if the mtx messes with vit. d, or if it is the lupus. I also take calcium with vit d, but have recently added vit d3 to my daily pile of pills. I take one tablet at 2ooo mg....i will tell my dr. about adding this tomorrow when i go in for my liver blood work, and see what she says.....i will let you know.

Danica01
10-26-2009, 12:34 AM
I have missed all of you and think of you guys on that wonderful day of the week! My shots have been going ok. I am normally working the day after and it is pretty miserable. I always look back and wonder how in the world I got through another work day the day after my shot. How are you all handling the good ole medicine???????

Oh, about the vitamin D.....last round of blood work showed mine being really low too! I also take vitamin D and I live in the Valley of the Sun!!!!!!! I just don't understand what my body is doing with all of its vitamin D :hissyfit: The doctor told me to now take one in the morning and at night and to make sure I am also taking a lot of calcium in everyday! I have been trying to do what she says but the vitamin D has actually been making me sick to my stomach........does it do that to you too?????????

mountaindreamer
10-26-2009, 05:29 PM
hi Danica, I have just recently put myself on vit. d3. I was taking Calcium with vit. d, but that was my only source. I can't say i have noticed a difference, i will call my drs. offfice tomorrow to get the ok. I have named the day after my shot.....i call it my "weekly vacation". I give myself that day and plan nothing. I am very fortunate to be able to do this, i know most of you can't, but i sure wish everyone could rest that miserable day after. I would be concerned for the safety of others if i was out and about on that day. I am so glad that you are back, i have really missed you.

kim,l
10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
hi marla , danica and phyliss i hate mtx day i take it every saturday and i have 3 days of nausea , vomiting , stomach cramps and constant visits to the toilet i am not game to leave house have to take maxolon for nausea and gastro stop for toilet visits and buscopan for stomach cramps i know what you mean phyllis with pillow i spend most of 3 days curled up in bed in pain tried something different this week i was told to take 5mg of folic acid 2 days after mexotrexate this week took it next morning nausea still there and feel weak but less frequent toilet trips cramping still there but at not spending most of my time on toilet i take 15mg of mexotrexate once a week and 200mg of plaquenil twice a day and 5mg of prednisone once a day valium when needed for depression endone for pain when needed and cardizem 180mg twice a day for angina and atacand 8mg for bloodpressure and thyroxine 150 mg once a day for under active thyroid disease and cartia aspirin 100mg once a day lipitor 40mg for cholestrol and somac 40mg for stomach and zostrix cream for burning sensation and electric shocks in legs and arms. my gp told me that if i am constantly vomiting and on toilet that the mexotrate will be less affective so it is a double edge sword you take it to help your symptoms but the side affects make it less affective well thats the life of a lupus sufferer you win some you lose some if don,t take it you suffer and if you do you suffer i don,t know whether to laugh or cry. bye for now hugs kim l

iseedeadmonkeys
10-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Good Evening all my fine mtx friends

How is everyone doing with their mtx pills/shots?

Mine is still going swimmingly i do have the odd occasions like last night where i cant sleep but think that could be too much on the brain mixed with a little chemo mmm doesnt help matters hehe.

Now the winter has finally set apon us keep warm and wear fingerless gloves in doors lol u might think im spaz but it really helps with the joint pains and using the comp :yes:

So Take care all
P&L
ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
10-27-2009, 06:51 PM
hello our "over the pond" mtx friend, I am recovering from my shot that i took last night. It was not too bad this week, i was mostly just really tired. Don't worry about me laughing about gloves indoors. I wear the fingerless gloves, and a scarf around my neck in the winter......once i get cold, it takes forever for me to warm up.....stay warm and bundle up in lots of thick clothes.

iseedeadmonkeys
10-28-2009, 07:58 AM
LOL mountain

I crank the heating up and sit here to warm up, then i get visitors that complain its too hot in my house and open my door Grrrr i tell them to stand outside and and sign to me thru the window lol

XX

mountaindreamer
10-28-2009, 09:10 AM
i hear you girl......i love your attitude. Tell them to wear their summer clothes when they come to your house.

iseedeadmonkeys
11-02-2009, 07:52 AM
LMAO...good one to use next time they visit!

hows it going for u today?

have ya taken it yet? im not gonna til i have dinner tonight, i find taking it at night time b4 bed makes it easier to sleep it off :yes:

P&L my dear friend

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
11-02-2009, 04:34 PM
hi ISDM, I will be taking my shot in a few minutes. I take it after dinner, and usually try to stay up for a couple of hourse afterward. By the time i wake up in the morning, I will feel like (well, you know). It is crazy that we know so much about this poison that we put into our bodies. Are you getting a few good days after your shot? My sweet daughter brought me a chocolate surprise to have tonight. I have not opened it yet, so i don't know what she brought.

iseedeadmonkeys
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Mountain....

So what was the chocolate suprise then?

Im fine when i sleep although ive had a few things on my mind lately with my nan not being well etc, think she will have to go to A&E tmrw...she had a 2 falls and cant walk so think she may have done summin to her hip the dr was called out but he cant find anything wrong with her...oww its too stressful for me to think about right now, she is my world and bought me and my brother up...anyway i cant talk about it right now.

Im gonna make Norma a chocolate cheese cake for her birthday on the 16th woohooo wish me luck hehe

ISDM
xxx

magistramarla
11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Yaba Heads,
I hope that you are all recovering well from M day.
I had mine on Sunday evening, then had an appointment with my new PCP on Monday morning. He bawled me out about not getting inoculations. (I've never had a flu shot in my life). The flu shots aren't available in his office right now, but he really wanted me to have a pneumonia shot. I got one, and my arm has been hurting ever since, and I really haven't felt well at all.
So, today I had to take it easy to recover from yet another shot!
I'm feeling much better this evening, so I have hope for tomorrow.
Take care, everyone,
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
11-04-2009, 02:01 PM
hi marla, ugh, the phneumonia shot, that hurts. I have not gotten a flu shot, i am really leary of them. Also, i am not out in public on a regular basis, and i take precautions when i am. I know preventing the flu is crucial to us, but the thought of getting something that might send me into a flare just scares me. So, i am being a big chicken.............I took my shot monday evening, and spent yesterday in bed. Woke this morning feeling fine and full of energy. I am getting a lot of work done around the house (my son is doing most of the work, i just supervise). Hope you are having a great weak.....still loving southern california. Has your husband gotten settled into school life?

magistramarla
11-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Phyllis,
I'm glad today is a high energy one for you. It has been for me, too. Jeff is very, very busy with the classes. He's been taking tests lately, so I've been treading softly.
Yesterday, he sent me an e-mail saying that his department was having a chili cook-off today, and would I make some chili? I didn't much appreciate the last-minute request, but I made some Texas-style white chili today and drove down to the school with it. We just got home from a really nice get-together. I got to meet a couple of his professors, and I had a really nice time.
Now he's busy studying for yet another test!
I've been attending the Officers' Wives' Club, and next week we'll be going to a wine tasting with them. I'm a lot older than most of those girls, so it is a bit interesting.
Otherwise, I've been spending most of my time at home with the cats - still working on decorating the house and doing a whole lot of cooking.
take care,
Marla

mountaindreamer
11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
hi marla.....sounds like Jeff got accustomed to your "officer's wife" way of making miracles happen. I know your chili was wonderful, and i am glad that you had a nice outing. I had to laugh at the idea of mixing with the young officers' wives. I am sure that you get a chuckle out of some of their drama. Age and experience have a way of putting things into perspective, and gives us the opportunity to be amused................ Are you enjoying your private time at home? When i first had to accept life inside of the house, it was quite a blow. It took me some time, but now i truly cherish the calmness.

magistramarla
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Yaba Heads,
It's Monday, so I had my shot yesterday and I'm being a couch potato today. I'm feeling pretty decent today, though. We seem to have found a good combo of meds for me - .5 cc of MTX once a week, 1 Plaquenil tablet per day and 1 mega-dose of 50,000 units of vitamin D per week. I've been feeling quite well since taking these.
I hope that M day goes well for the rest of you.
Hugs,
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
12-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Hello all, im going to withdraw from the club.......im going to ask my dr to come off mtx, as its not working, everyday im fighting flare off, im currently on 15mg nothing is helping not sure i really want to go on top dose either, they wont let me go back on pred either im bloody stuck in a circle cause of this warfarin i have to take i cant take this and that or the other, and im still only on one type of painkiller, i guess the meds for lupus are not working for me, will this be the year things get worse? i really hope not, going to see my gp next week.77

Take care all of you

lots of love and hugs
me
xxx

kim,l
01-02-2010, 04:01 AM
well its mtx night i take 15mg tonight tommorrow i will spend al day in the toilet and taking buscopan for cramps stephen says he always knows when i take the tablet because i become extremely moody well he must really look forward to that day no wonder he tries to avoid me it seems it is not just us that suffer the affects of this disease but our families by proxy. well i just now popping my pill hugs kim l

mountaindreamer
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
hi kim,,,,

i hope your recovery from the mtx was minimal this week.....my bad days are getting a little better....i guess my body is getting used to this stuff. I hope your side effects start to weaken as well.

thinking of you all of the time.

kim,l
01-09-2010, 06:24 PM
well took mtx last night was really sick yesterday but so far today mtx has not caused any stomach cramps or toilet trips so other than feeling sick from lupus flare the mtx does not seem to be causing me any side affects this time hugs kiml

Bonita
01-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Mondays is my metho day also. this will be the first one since he upped the dosage. He has me on 1200 mg of folic acid to help with the side affects but the insurance company just told me they are no longer going to cover it because i do not have cancer. This is so not right. Bonita

magistramarla
01-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi YabaHeads,
I missed one dose of MTX while traveling. I noticed that I had more joint pain after I missed it, but I did fairly well.
I got back home late yesterday evening, and Jeff gave me my shot. I'm spending today on the couch with the cats, recovering.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Change of plan lol.....i am not allowed to come off mtx til i see my rhuemy 20th may.......so i will crack on!

Hope everyone is ok?

miss me? hahaha

Bonita
01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
I just got my dosage upped to20mgs a week and i must say that two days after i take it is worse than the first and i have been taking it for at least 14 weeks before he upped the dosage to20 and then the insurance company said they would not cover it anymore if i did not have cancer and that it was not a lupus drug. Well after calling the insurance company a few times it is now covered and i can get reembursed for the money i spent out of my own pocket. I just asked them what drug is listed that says this is a lupus drug none. I told them the metho is for the rhuemotoid arthritis and my jopints. I also take 1200 mgs of folic acid every day except the day of the metho for side affects. I hope that it helps you it is finally starting to give me some relief in my joints. Bonita

iseedeadmonkeys
03-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Hello bonita,

Sadly after 2 years of taking this drug it is obvios its still not giving me any releif, so in a couple of months i will be coming off mtx!! woohooo, cant wait, il be going onto summin else but im not sure of the name of it just yet as i couldnt understand his accent, this is from the new lupus dr i have in london, he was very helpful and told me my lupus wouldnt get any worse than what it is atm, which im plzed about.

Im really pleased you will be getting ure money back thats good news! did u get any side affects from having ure dose upped like tht? i kept gettin really bad migraines for the first 3 months of taking it YUK!!

anyway sending my hugs to you xx

mountaindreamer
06-29-2010, 07:44 PM
this is an interesting thread, so i thought i would bring it back up for any new members who are either on mtx or considering using this treatment option.

rob
06-30-2010, 06:28 AM
this is an interesting thread, so i thought i would bring it back up for any new members who are either on mtx or considering using this treatment option.

This thread is an old classic for sure!

magistramarla
06-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Hey, I'm glad to see this thread again. It helped me so much when I was first starting MTX.
Hugs,
Marla

Hunniebun
06-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm still afraid of it, and I don't want anymore pills, I would rather have injections but my rheum seems to be a bit of a pill pusher and doesn't really listen when I try to talk about injectable drugs instead, which I feel would work faster and better.

Wait...MTX is short for methotrexate right ha.

magistramarla
06-30-2010, 05:16 PM
I tried the pill form first, but my stomach wouldn't tolerate them. The injections aren't too bad. Read this thread. You'll learn quite a bit about it.
Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Bumping this up for Merrilyn and other new members

mountaindreamer
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM
thanks marla, this is really a good thread. I have been on mtx now for a couple of years, and even though my various auto immune diseases continue to progress, i truly believe it is a slower pace. My RA is acting up really bad, but the mtx seems to keep the lupus manageable.

iseedeadmonkeys
02-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Blimey O Rielly...

Wasnt expecting this ole thread to be still running!
How are all my lil mtx buddies?
I know its been a long time, ive been very lameo in WHL activity what a year its been!!
must catch up with y'all very soon but erm dunno where to start hehe
take care
xxx

magistramarla
02-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey ISDM and other MTX buddies,
I have a question for all of you. How often does your doc check your liver function while you're on MTX?
Hugs,
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
02-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Marla,

Should get it checked once or twice a month, the drs should send you in more if you have any other liver complications, hope this helps
xx

Nonna
02-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Wish I had noticed this thread before I started one. She gave me the pills, so I'll need suggestions. Phyllis I'm gonna call you. Are you really down and out for 24 hours plus???

I have to be at work; anyone have any thoughts as too which day I should make M day??

iseedeadmonkeys
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
I used to take mine on a monday, hence m day not just mtx day lol and folic acid was on a friday f for friday, most of my friends take theres on a saturday, but word of advice take it at night time as morning will wipe you out for the rest of the day

Nonna
03-06-2011, 04:59 AM
I used to take mine on a monday, hence m day not just mtx day lol and folic acid was on a friday f for friday, most of my friends take theres on a saturday, but word of advice take it at night time as morning will wipe you out for the rest of the day

I'm taking it on Saturday night and it seems to work. My sundays start off slow but are ok. Thanks for the advice

iseedeadmonkeys
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
~Good good, let us all know how you find it working for you in the next 3/6 months, i aint everyones cuppa

Nonna
03-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I seem to have more energy and pain levels are way down. I hope this keeps up with no complications. I feel alive again if you know what I mean.

iseedeadmonkeys
03-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Yes i deffo know what u mean, well im praying for you

Nonna
03-20-2011, 04:41 PM
If you saw the other thread the rheumy lowered my dosage and the fatigue is under control. I had a few problems at church this am but it cleared up and I'm resting the rest of today. Work tommorrow should be interesting
Toni

Nonna
03-23-2011, 04:34 AM
Bumping this to the top for sue(lacey50), Sue read this one it's the one I told you about.

nonna aka toni

Nonna
04-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Just wanted to update, it's still working and the rheumy reports levels are ok. Still feeling ok, except for the bronchitis; on antibiotic now

hugs to all

debbie-b
04-02-2011, 05:09 AM
I seem to have more energy and pain levels are way down. I hope this keeps up with no complications. I feel alive again if you know what I mean.

I envy you, but I am happy for you.
I have been taking MTX shots for five weeks now and upped the dose weekly, but after my last dose I was so weak, I could barely walk. I am waiting for an energy boost, but have the opposite happening to me.ugh

Debbie

Nonna
04-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Another week has passed, this time no side effects at all; to busy coughing my head off with the bronchitis. Y'all are probably tired of hearing me complain about it as I am of having it.

Hugs to all, nonna

tgal
04-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Another week has passed, this time no side effects at all; to busy coughing my head off with the bronchitis. Y'all are probably tired of hearing me complain about it as I am of having it.

Hugs to all, nonna

Of course we are not tired of you! You are not complaining you are sharing what is going on! We love ya Nonna! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

debbie-b
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a MTX question to all the pros.
Is it ok to skip one dose of MTX? I am going to go to Texas to see the kids and grandkids( HAPPY), in October, but the shot makes me sick the next day, it makes me very weak and all I can do is lay around. But I don't want to do that when I am with my babies. What do you guys do, when you are on vacation?

Debbie

tgal
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I have a MTX question to all the pros.
Is it ok to skip one dose of MTX? I am going to go to Texas to see the kids and grandkids( HAPPY), in October, but the shot makes me sick the next day, it makes me very weak and all I can do is lay around. But I don't want to do that when I am with my babies. What do you guys do, when you are on vacation?

Debbie

I know my doctor told me that if I felt I was getting sick then I should not take MTX that week. I don't know about not taking it for a vacation though. Sorry I don't have better info

n.mac
08-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I would check with my doctor. Mine stressed the importance of taking MTX same day same time of day each week. Luckily I never seem to have a bad reaction to meds but on the other hand most don't seem to do much good either.I just keep telling myself that if I didn't take them I would probably feel worse.

tgal
08-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I would check with my doctor. Mine stressed the importance of taking MTX same day same time of day each week. Luckily I never seem to have a bad reaction to meds but on the other hand most don't seem to do much good either.I just keep telling myself that if I didn't take them I would probably feel worse.

I agree completely. You need to check with your doctor. I don't have any side effects from mine either. OK not true, if I don't eat the next day my stomach will get upset so I just make sure to eat!

Always check with your doctor before making changes to your meds

steve.b
08-03-2011, 02:01 AM
my rhuemy suggested that i not miss a dose.

i also suggest talk to your doc first.

debbie-b
08-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Thanks guys,

I will ask him on my appt in September.
I do remember reading here a few times that people skipped a dose while on vacation.
Today is my day after MTX and man I do not want to feel like this on my vaca. I am slightly nauseated, very weak, have a headache and my stomach hurts somewhat, nothing too bad, but all I can do today is laying around.

Debbie

magistramarla
08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Debbie,
When I was taking MTX, I would skip it whenever I had to fly somewhere, with my doc's blessings. She said this "We don't want you immunosuppressed when you're in a plane full of coughing people". I also skipped it when I traveled overseas. I noticed that my skin issues returned when I skipped a couple of weeks, but then I had no problems getting back into my weekly injections.
I'm not taking them now, since I have such a flaky, untrustworthy rheumy. She didn't bother to renew my prescription. She also let me go for nine months without a blood test, and didn't even order a full liver screening.
I'm just going to wait 'til I move back to my good rheumy before I revisit MTX. I've noticed that my skin issues have returned, but the Plaquinel seems to be keeping them at a mild level, so I can live with that.
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
08-04-2011, 04:44 AM
mine had me stop the MTX while I've had the pneumonia. Right now my pain is still gone or at managable levels. I'll wait until I see her again before starting it. I agree with Marla's Rheumy about being on a plane with other people. Call the rheumy's office and ask over the phone; just to set your mind at ease.

nonna

debbie-b
08-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi Debbie,
When I was taking MTX, I would skip it whenever I had to fly somewhere, with my doc's blessings. She said this "We don't want you immunosuppressed when you're in a plane full of coughing people". I also skipped it when I traveled overseas. I noticed that my skin issues returned when I skipped a couple of weeks, but then I had no problems getting back into my weekly injections.
I'm not taking them now, since I have such a flaky, untrustworthy rheumy. She didn't bother to renew my prescription. She also let me go for nine months without a blood test, and didn't even order a full liver screening.
I'm just going to wait 'til I move back to my good rheumy before I revisit MTX. I've noticed that my skin issues have returned, but the Plaquinel seems to be keeping them at a mild level, so I can live with that.
Hugs,
Marla

Makes sense not to fly when you are immunesuppressed. It's only one shot I would miss, it shouldn't make that big of a difference. I will ask the rheumy.
Marla, I didn't know, that your new rheumy( the flake), doesn't have you on MTX anymore.
My rheumy still makes sure, that I get my blood tested on a regular basis, but not as often as I did in the beginning.
I am glad Plaquinel keeps everything in check for you.

Debbie

debbie-b
08-05-2011, 04:10 AM
mine had me stop the MTX while I've had the pneumonia. Right now my pain is still gone or at managable levels. I'll wait until I see her again before starting it. I agree with Marla's Rheumy about being on a plane with other people. Call the rheumy's office and ask over the phone; just to set your mind at ease.

nonna

Hi Nonna,
I will ask my rheumy, when I go next month.
So glad that you are doing good, without MTX.

Debbie

LupusLady
08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Does anyone taking Methotrexate pills have stomach pain? I just started taking the pills last wednesday and my stomach started hurting within an hour. Last night it was the worst-maybe the most severe my stomach has ever hurt. I've had a few queasy spells, but the pain is untolerable. Please let me know! I called my rhuemy this morning, still waiting on a call back.
PS-I am new here, hello everyone! I am so glad I found this site, I was so scared to take this medicine cause the monogram is so scary, but I took it anyways, then continued to allow myself to feel scared of this med, and almost convinced myself that I wouldn't take another dose of it, but then I found this site! Reading about all of yal has given me some peace and comfort in knowing that I am not alone.
Hope yal all have a good day!

debbie-b
08-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Does anyone taking Methotrexate pills have stomach pain? I just started taking the pills last wednesday and my stomach started hurting within an hour. Last night it was the worst-maybe the most severe my stomach has ever hurt. I've had a few queasy spells, but the pain is untolerable. Please let me know! I called my rhuemy this morning, still waiting on a call back.
PS-I am new here, hello everyone! I am so glad I found this site, I was so scared to take this medicine cause the monogram is so scary, but I took it anyways, then continued to allow myself to feel scared of this med, and almost convinced myself that I wouldn't take another dose of it, but then I found this site! Reading about all of yal has given me some peace and comfort in knowing that I am not alone.
Hope yal all have a good day!

I use the shots and get stomach pains, but they are not severe, just kind of annoying and only for a short time, the morning after. With the pills I got very nauseated. The shots are a much better fit for me.

Debbie

LupusLady
08-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Thank you Debbie! I wondered if I switched to the shots I would bypass the stomach and not have the pains. Still waiting on Dr. to call back. They see a lot of patients, so this could take awhile. I take my next dose tomorrow(my M day is Wednesday, so I will feel great on the weekends when my husband has his days off). I was hoping to get this resolved before I take my next dose. Should I just continue on? My next appointment isn't for another three weeks.

Thank you for your reply Debbie! I took my first dose last Wednesday morning, that way I wouldn't be asleep if I had any severe reaction, and I would be aware of them. I could tell a difference as soon as the very next day! This past Saturday, I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one day! I can't remember the last time I was able to do that!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

tgal
08-09-2011, 06:33 AM
I am on the pills and other then a little stomach upset the first day I haven't has any problems. Ok, well my eye lashes falling out is a problem but other then that lol

LupusLady
08-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Lol about your eyelashes, tgal! Finally got ahold of my rhuemy yesterday. He said that the injections might be better for me since the pills cause my stomach to hurt so much. I stopped taking apirin and ibprophen because they made my stomach hurt, too. Last time I took prednisone pills, I ended up having an emergency appendectomy(this was back in June 2011). So, today I am supposed to give myself the injections for the first time. I have looked at videos on youtube, because I haven't ever done this before! The dr. went over it with me on the phone, but he seemed to have left some things out.
I hope you have a good day tgal, and everyone else too! And anyone that wants to give me some pointers, I'm all ears right now! :)

debbie-b
08-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Lol about your eyelashes, tgal! Finally got ahold of my rhuemy yesterday. He said that the injections might be better for me since the pills cause my stomach to hurt so much. I stopped taking apirin and ibprophen because they made my stomach hurt, too. Last time I took prednisone pills, I ended up having an emergency appendectomy(this was back in June 2011). So, today I am supposed to give myself the injections for the first time. I have looked at videos on youtube, because I haven't ever done this before! The dr. went over it with me on the phone, but he seemed to have left some things out.
I hope you have a good day tgal, and everyone else too! And anyone that wants to give me some pointers, I'm all ears right now! :)

I am surprised, that your doctor didn't show you how to do the shot. My rheumy had me do the first one at his office.
I do mine in my thigh, some people do it in the stomach, for me the thigh is better. I pinch some of the meaty part of the upper thigh and push the needle in, it does not hurt. Good luck with your first one and hopefully you won't have any stomach pain.

Debbie

magistramarla
08-10-2011, 08:16 PM
LupusLady,
My hubby gave me my injections in the fattest part of my seat, and it didn't hurt at all. I would feel a bit queasy about an hour later.
He would make me some chai tea and bring me a dark chocolate. The MTX always gave me a metallic taste in my mouth, and the chocolate seemed to help with that.
I took mine at 8 pm on Sunday, and then spent Monday recovering.
I hope that it goes well for you.
Hugs,
Marla

LupusLady
08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I started out on the pills last week, that is probably why he didn't show me. But when I talked to him on the phone about the procedures for the shot, he left out that I needed a sharps container, and a few other things. My hubby couldn't bring himself to do it, so I did it myself, and it really wasn't that bad! It didn't hurt at all. Doc wanted me to do it on my tummy, so that's where I got my shot, about 6:30 last night. I actually slept pretty good last night! No queasyness as of yet, but all that's in my tummy is coffee right now.
Thinking about what to do with my neighbor seeming to make a habit of mowing his yard before 7:30 in the morning.............random thought

steve.b
08-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Thinking about what to do with my neighbor seeming to make a habit of mowing his yard before 7:30 in the morning.............random thought

i have been told napalm works well.
if not for him..... you will feel better. and the lawn will not need mowing for a while either. lol

trying to add some rob humour, whilst he is away.

LupusLady
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks for your humor, Steve! I will have to check into that....lol!!!
Where I live, we are enduring a record-setting summer, the heat has been so extreme. Nearly 50 days of over 100 degree temps, and a lot of those days were over 110 degrees. I know that my neighbor is trying to beat the heat in the morn, so I am trying to be understanding. I live next door to a professional landscaper. I think my neighbor has the LOUDEST lawn mower EVER MADE!!!!!

Nonna
08-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Lupus Lady welcome, you must be in Texas. Glad the MTX now working for you. It helped me immensely to survive my last flare.
Hugs a d welcoming thoughts

LupusLady
08-16-2011, 05:55 AM
The MTX shot is making me sooo tired. I don't like being this tired. And it hits me really quickly too. Yesterday was good. Got some things done around the house. But the first 4 days after the shot I was exhausted. Didn't expect it to last so long. But the dose was upped the last time, and it's supposed to be upped again this week, and will stay at that dose from here on after. Did it make you really tired too?
Thanks for the warm welcome Nonna!

debbie-b
08-16-2011, 12:02 PM
The MTX shot is making me sooo tired. I don't like being this tired. And it hits me really quickly too. Yesterday was good. Got some things done around the house. But the first 4 days after the shot I was exhausted. Didn't expect it to last so long. But the dose was upped the last time, and it's supposed to be upped again this week, and will stay at that dose from here on after. Did it make you really tired too?
Thanks for the warm welcome Nonna!

I do get a little tired, but my bad side effect is, I get so weak. My legs have a hard time carrying me, I have no strength what so ever. When I go to the bathroom, my husband has to help me down the hallway. Luckely it only lasts for two days after my shot.

Debbie

debbie-b
08-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi my fellow MTX users.

I just got a call from my rheumy, not to take my shot tomorrow, because my liver test was sky high again.
I am so frustrated, the MTX is really starting to help me, I have much less pain and less often.
He told me to skip the MTX this week and go have another blood test on friday, if that one is better, we will have to stop the MTX.
The funny thing is, the first thing he asked me was if I had any alcohol or if I took any Tylonol( I know that is not the way you spell that). I told him that I never take Tylonol and the last time I had anything to drink, was on New Years Eve last year, one glass of champagne. LOL
Boy I hope, I don't have to stop MTX for good.
Always something, sigh.

Debbie

Hunniebun
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I am seeing (finally) a new rheum next week on the 30th, and she is supposed to be a very wonderful woman. I have never tried metho before but I have tried a lot of the other ones such as your basic extra strength tylenol, huge doses of ibuprofen which I'm on now, prednisone, plaquinil. The pred did the best job for me but my GP told me I have been taking it for too many years and it's best to stop as it will cause bone density loss and since we recently found out I don't have a very good spine, that it's best to stay off it. He started talking about Metho but he won't perscribe it to me, he would rather the rheum do that.
I have read a majority of the threads in this whole post and it's helped, but I am still worried about if I will get sick or not and how sick I will get if I start taking this drug, and I want the injection, not the pills.
I have a small job as a dog walker and I make $400 a month off her and I am allowed to on my disability. It's a small amount but it really helps me so I want to be able to keep this job, and not be stuck in bed or throwing up or too dizzy to drive to her. I guess it varies for each patient but I'm worried...I really want a drug that will actually HELP me, as the other ones don't, and this one seems like it will.

Nonna
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Well everyone I'm back on it after 3 months off it a d the first dose was like I'd not taken it before, back to day one.hopefully next weekend will be better and I can function better

steve.b
10-05-2011, 08:19 PM
i am sorry you need it, but glad you can start taking it again.
remember that you need a few weeks for the body to adjust, so the side effects should deminish in a few weeks.

Nonna
10-24-2011, 03:45 AM
Current dosage is not working like it did before. Need to call my rheumy today and let her know. I gave it 3 weeks and the pain is still there. I stll have trouble getting through the day. It seems like my life is falling apart. I need to kill the pain so I can function.

steve.b
10-24-2011, 04:52 AM
( ( ( H U G S ) ) )

i wish i could help.

Nonna
10-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Well, she decided we have to let more of it get into my system. She said it would take atleast 3 months, not weeks. So I'm to supplement with pain pills.- sitting at my desk from 8-9 hours a day isn't helping. I need to invent something that well hold my head up for me. Oooops someone already did. A neck brace. Man would I look funny; but no neck strain.

I will survive, just needed to talk

tgal
10-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Having to miss MTX again because I am out and no money until next week. Hopefully 1 week wont cause the problems 3 did because I am just starting to get over those. Hope you feel better Nonna. Steve I love you for being you.

debbie-b
10-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Oh Mari, I am sorry. It is outrageous, what some people have to endure, because they don't have health insurance.
How can this happen in the best country in the world?
Sorry guys, I will not get political, but I had to get this out.

Debbie

Nonna
11-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Debbie I would love to get political and bash certain aspects also. But this is as far as I go.

On the subject at hand. My Mtx is still not doing the job of making me painfree; but it least I can make it through the day now. I still don't know which is worse, pain or brain fog.

Hugs to all

Jaime Bea
11-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey y'all, I am new to the boards and new to the medication. I have recently started MTX shots as well. I am on .7ml now and in 4 weeks will be up to .9ml. I am so glad to of found you! My M day in Friday as I work all week. This gives me time to take the injection and recoup by Monday. I do feel sick with in a couple of hours but try and sleep it off. I am down for the count Sat. I was wondering if y'all feel extra achy after taking your med.? I have been flaring for a while and have swollen Lymph nodes on my neck under my ears. On my last injection the nodes got bigger and painful but then went back down after my sick day.... has this ever happened to you? It is awesome to find people who understand our Lupus!

Nonna
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi all,
First, Jaime I hope you called your doctor,
Second, the MTX finally kicked in.
Huge to all

ashleybaby715
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
i have a question.

which is better to take? the pill for or injection form of methotrexate? i'm sick of taking 8 extra pills on sundays, which totals my pills out to 18 for that day. if there would be a way to stop that, it would be great.

Nonna
04-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Bumping this up for the new MTX people