PDA

View Full Version : Lupus and Acne

sak
12-06-2008, 04:40 AM
I am 41 years old and all this time i have never had a problem with my skin not even during my teeange years,i was diagnosed with Lupus last year and i was put on prednisone,suddely this year i started having acne,everyone has there own remedy of how to get rid of it i tried it ALL some cheap some expensive,in the end when i had gone to see the doctor the nurse there asked me if i had ever tried tomatoes.......tomatoes??I started and it does make a big diffrence and it takes time.........it works you just have to be patient.When i think the money i have spent and then what a tomatoes costs......wow,i hpe this will help someone else before they spend what i spent.

KathyW1958
12-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi Sak,
Welcome to the site. That is surprising that tomatos work like that. I don' t have an acne problem, but it that ever happens to me I will certainly try it.

Hugs,
Kathy

Danica01
12-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Maybe this is a silly question, but, do you eat the or puree them and apply them to your face????? I had the same problem and have had to deal with it over the last few years!!!!! I never had skin problems when I was younger but as soon as Lupus came knocking on my door.....poof......I have skin issues!!!! It is very frustrating! My dermatologist and I have found something that works wonders for me:

Wash with Brevoxyl twice a day!
Apply Metro Gel in the morning!
Apply Differin in the evening!
Take Bactrim one a day and Lybrel once a day!

I have not had a pimple in almost a year! It took some time but I am extremely happy with the results and would suggest this to everyone!!!!! Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!!!!! We are in it together!

Love,
Danica

sak
12-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Hi its not a silly question i should have actually written how to use it you wash your face with warm water then you apply it on your face where the acne is then you leave it on for fifteen minutes and wash it off with warm water.

Danica01
12-08-2008, 11:47 PM
That is actually very interesting! I might actually have to try it.......thanks! :D