PDA

View Full Version : I actually think im gonna cry........with happiness

iseedeadmonkeys
12-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Ive had such a brilliant day health wise, im so happy i thought i would let ya all know why, got my bebefits all sorted today which was fab news for me, i then went to the drs, she gave me a really big injection to take away my back pain and joint swellings and pain down to normal, i got put up a dose of my methotrexate and everything is well.................going great for once :lol: so im seeing all my mates tonight who ive had to stop seeing cause of this illness and we are all gonna celebrate, i got home just a moment ago and listened to the fray lupus son and nearly cried, i actually thing next year is gonna be the year for me, Oh also my MRI scan came back clear too :D i can only drink 2 drinks tonight but i will enjoy those 2 drinks :P , anyway sorry dont wanna sound like im gloating or anything just wanted to share my good news with you all, if everything goes to plan im going back to work in january, i miss my kids and staff so much...happy days xxx

NoodleMom
12-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Congratulations!

We rejoice with you when things are good as well as support you when things are not so good.

Have fun tonite.

Kasey

sits_inthe_corner
12-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Hugs iseedeadmonkeys,

So happy for ya...brag away lol.

Was that a cortizone shot you had? If so....you need to take it easy for 3 days :P so don't party too hard.

hatlady
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Great news!

We all will celebrate with you!

KathyW1958
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi,
I am really happy for you big time. It is good when the medication works and I hope that you stay feeling well. Big hugs to you.

Hugs,
Kathy

rob
12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with gloating. You should take a good day and run with every minute of it. One of the ways I cope is to dive headfirst into my good days, and use the the memory of that day to help through the bad ones. One thing is for certain, we learn to never waste a single minute of a good day. Some of us have them more often than others, but it never changes. To get up in the morning, and feel good, is like winning the lottery every few days. Of course, you may bounce a few checks and have to give the money back on the bad days, but there's always the hope that there are plenty of good days still ahead.

Rob

mountaindreamer
12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I also send congrats.

Celebrate and enjoy the good days. Make lots of memories.

I was given a Medrol injection two days ago, and feel great. My grandchildren came over and we decorated my christmas tree. I will post this in my "grateul Journal". Each day I try to find 5 things to be grateful for....sometimes it is the tv that I have in my bedroom, but I write it down...no matter how small.

Have fun, be careful....smile.

iseedeadmonkeys
12-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Hey guys!

thankyou so much for the positive feedback, im looking forward to actually being able to do christmas this year lol instead of sleeping through most of it, i will take each day as it comes, and today i feel like i can restart the rest of my life 8) there is this song that keeps following me around atm Take That the greastest day of my life, i really dont like the song much lol but i think its a nudge for me where ever i go and the words of the song is pretty good too, anyway much love to you all, ive got alot to be thankful for, this wonderful site (which is helping alot for me and my friends) and the rest :D
peace and love

Jesse
12-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Whoo-hoo! You go! You party! You have a great life from now on. You're not gloating, you're sharing some wonderful news. I'm thrilled for you. :D

Saysusie
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Many Congratulations to you and I hope that you have a wonderfully happy and love-filled Christmas!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
12-09-2008, 04:33 AM
When you have news like that, it is worthy of sharing. Good for you and I pray you continue to feel that way.

iseedeadmonkeys
12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Bonjourno again!

right im still on a high and full of life from all what happened on friday, just one thing i wanna ask? so how long does the medrol take to kick in? im in soo much flipping pain with my back, i thought it was getting better lol its not, some one help me please, hmm im wondering if i left it too long beofre i went and got it now :(

mountaindreamer
12-10-2008, 07:21 PM
I got a Medrol shot last Wednesday. Got immediate relief in most areas. Had a couple of places that still ached for a couple of days. Then I had a couple of great days, and by 6 days later, I began to start to feel bad again. Today I feel ok, but I sure enjoyed the few days of less pain. Don't know if this will be the same for you, but this is how my injection went.

I wish you the best,

Danica01
12-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Keep taking that positive atitude with you every where you go......even through the rough days!!!!! I am so happy for you and please, always tell us about the good days! :smilecolros:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
yeah hiya i am staying well positive i just wish i understood why the medrol hasnt kicked in properly, i had 2 very good days then its gone back to normal pain again, although my bloods are coming back ok for my liver and kidneys, so it cant be them i just dont kno wot else to do! :Fade-color

Danica01
12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Hang in there and I am thinking of you. I know it can be very frustrating when you see a ray of hope and it ends up being so short lived. Hold on to the fact that there was a ray of hope and maybe there can be an adjustment somewhere that will help the next time. I have never had one of those injections so I do not know anything about it. I am sending you gentle hugs and lots of well wishes.

I just did a little research and found this:

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/paindrugs/a/cortisone.htm

Check out the area that talks about the side effects. It says you may experience a few days of pain even worse than before.......could this be something like that :?:

iseedeadmonkeys
12-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Yo Danica,
thanx for the link i had a good old read on tht,
yeah things aint too bad today i did all my house work and thought god il be hurting later but strangly only a little, so i could well be on the mend :D and hey thanx for thinking of me too lol, im still got my ray of hope hanging above my head and im not letting anyone or anything take it down from me il fight them for it lol :lol: anyway ure 29 too, im 30 in march blimey, and i wanna be half better by then x

Danica01
12-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I am happy that you are feeling a bit better and I am soooo glad that you were able to find a little helpful information in the article :D I will be 30 in June and I can not believe it is only 6 months away :!: I too hope to be in good spirits and health when that comes along. Milestone birthdays should be met head on with a smile so big that the entire world can see it! I hope your days is JUST like that! I hope all is well today and this finds you even more comfy than yesterday! :angel: