PDA

View Full Version : Medrol injection

mountaindreamer
12-04-2008, 08:14 AM
My rh gave me a Medrol injection yesterday. She said I could have 4 a year and should be 2 - 3 months with relief. She also said this is used in diagnostic process. Any one have any experience/thoughts about Medrol, and how is it used in diagnosis?

Thanks to all,
Phylis

Oluwa
12-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi Phyllis...

I've had them used for my spine. I think being used as a diagnostic tool is the process of elimination. If the pain is gone, then it isn't something else, but this? Used to rule in, or rule out...

A guess...

Be well,
Hugs,
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
12-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks Oluwa,

That is how I interpreted the explanation from my RD. Well, it is like a two-sided sword, but I feel much better than yesterday.

thanks,
Phyllis

Oluwa
12-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi Phylis...

The injection providing relief, I hope. I had one in my shoulder last year, or was it in the beginning of the year...hummm. No inflammation has returned...yet. Never? I hope.

Keep well, Be well,
Hugs,
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi Oluwa,

I have had cortisone shots in my hip joint, knee, and elbow.....ouch. The Medrol shot was given into my hip for overall relief. I had several days of feeling great, then started to decline. I am still up (1 week later) and feeling ok, but appears to be wearing off. Pain is back, but is bearable.

thanks for your interest. I love this group.

Share a smile today,
Phyllis

Oluwa
12-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Oh, that's a drag, Phylis..the ones I had in my spine...seemed to wear off faster. This recent round of 5 in my spine..now seems like the pain perhaps stemmed from Gerdie. GERD. Gerdie, I have it awful...g-r-r-r-r

Happy Day..
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
12-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi Oluwa,
I am not familiar with GERD. But, 5 shots in the spine sounds dreadful. I hope you are having a good day.

thanks for sharing all of your knowledge,
Phyllis

KathyW1958
12-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi

I just got a shot in my hip for joint pain due to a Lupus flare this morning. That shot hurt. Is that Medrol? I forgot to ask what type of shot it was. She told me it was a steroid shot but did not list the name?

Hugs,
Kathy

iseedeadmonkeys
12-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Kathy, likewise, im not even sure if it was medrol myself woman dr just told me it was steroid based, i will ask the secretary monday to find out more info, although mine wasnt shot into any joints just in my bottom x

KathyW1958
12-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi,
The shot I got was Medrol and I got it in my buttocks. I asked them at the doctors office as they called to inform me that I also have a UTI again. I know the shot hurt big time.

Hugs,
Kathy