PDA

View Full Version : question ?

georgie
12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
hi everyone , my question is this , is there a difference between systemic lupas and SLE ? when my blood tests came back SLE was named and I just thought that was just another name for systemic lupas ,I was reading an article the other day and this article had systemic lupas and SLE under different headings this made me wonder then are they 2 different diagnosis ? hugs georgie

KathyW1958
12-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi Georgie,
SLE is the same as systemic lupus. The full name is Systemic Lupus Erythmetosis. Some people refer to it as just simply SLE or systemic lupus, but it is totally the same thing.

Hugs,
Kathy

georgie
12-02-2008, 01:40 PM
kathyw , thanks for clearing that up for me hugs georgie

KathyW1958
12-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi Georgie,
No problem. Any time you have any questions just feel free to ask and we on here will do our best to answer it.

Hugs,
Kathy

iseedeadmonkeys
12-03-2008, 01:10 PM
hey good point!
i often wondered why ppl refered to it as SLE lupus? i thought well its the same thing lol anyway thanx for clearing that one up x

Oluwa
12-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Hummm... to distinguish it from Discoid Lupus when talking about, I think...

L.,
Oh.

Saysusie
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree with Oluwa. Also, to make sure that it is not confused with drug induced Lupus or neo-natal lupus.

There are four types of Lupus (Discoidal Lupus, Systemic Lupus, Drug induced Lupus, and Neo-Natal Lupus), so I guess that some people want to make it crystal clear which one they are talking about :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie