PDA

View Full Version : Destressing A Bit

DrinkofWtr
12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I have been under so much stress lately that it was nice to have a little time over the Thanksgiving holiday to destress. First of all, I went out to dinner, instead of having the big Thanksgiving meal to make. I find cooking big meals to be very stressful. Then, we had a friend over. We cooked a simple Thanksgiving meal for him which was not stressful and enjoyed his company. Then later on during the weekend, I decorated the Christmas tree which was very enjoyable and destressing to me. I only wish I could structure more destressing weekends in the future. I try, but so many unexpected things happen that it is hard to do so.

KathyW1958
12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi Kasey,
I am glad that you had a good weekend. I hope that you can have many more less stressful weekends.

Hugs,
Kathy

buddhabelly
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Sounds like you had a great weekend. :) I work monday to friday, long days at work, waking up at 5am everyday. Im on my feet all day. Im exhausted by friday night. I love having a weekend where I can just relax and wake up after 5am. Sleeping in for me would be waking up at 8 or 9am. Watching dvd's and ordering in food is very destressing for me. I think I deserve to vedge out and be a bum once in a while after a stressful 40 hr week of work.

Hope you'll have many more destressing weekends. Have a good day!

DrinkofWtr
12-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Dear Buddabelly,

You sound like you have days like my boyfriend. He has 10 hour work days at present, six days a week. I don't know how long he can stand up to that schedule because he has a torn tendon at one end in his right arm. The only good thing is that he is making extra money for Christmas right now. I only hope that the company he works for will get caught up enough to go back to 8 hour, 5 day a week jobs. Besides he works a very physical type job.

buddhabelly
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I survived another 12 hr day at work... :sleeping: So ready for bed. I get home at 830, find something to eat, watch a little tv, and bedtime. Then the day starts over again in the morning. :(

Hopefully my weekend will be less stressful. Don't really have much errands to do. At least I got something fun, my company's holiday party is saturday night. :) Always love a party! :x-mas:

DrinkofWtr
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I haven't been to a company party for at least 3 or 4 years. It was fun even though I got sick and had to excuse myself to the bathroom! There was blackjack, dancing and really good food and drinks!

Unfortunately, my boyfriend doesn't work there anymore, so no more parties at that company!