PDA

View Full Version : I have been pondering something!!??

SandraC1983
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Can Lupus be misdiagnosed for MS, and are the symptoms similar. And how can i ask my doctor about running some tests?? Hope someone can help me. Been Flaring up more than usual . i have been in and out of a flare for a bout 3 weeks, and i feel like poo. Anyway i hope everyone had a nice holiday. I made sure to pray for all of you and give thanks for having such wonderful people in my life. You were all with me that day in my heart. I love you All

God Bless

Sandra

rob
12-02-2008, 04:31 AM
Hi Sandra,

Yes, people can be mis-diagnosed with either disease. Lupus misdiagnosed as MS and vice versa. Or you could win the autoimmune lottery like I did and end up with both diseases. That's known as an overlapping illness. Some, but not all of the symptoms are very similar, and Lupus being the great imitator that it is doesn't help matters. If you are concerned about it this much, ask your Dr/Rheumo to refer you to a neurologist and see what they think. The initial test usually given to see if MS is a possibility is an MRI of the brain. It's a pretty easy, but boring test to have done. Hope you are having a good day today.

Rob

KathyW1958
12-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Hi Sandra,
I have heard of that happening, but I think that it is rare. They have specific tests for MS. I got tested for that several years ago and I do not have that. I think Rob would know more about that scenario and I hope that he gets a chance to read your post and can respond.

Hugs,
Kathy

SandraC1983
12-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks alot Rob I will get right on that . I hope you are having a great day and thank you too Kathy. I hope all is well with both of you.

sandra

ms paula
12-02-2008, 11:16 AM
MORNING TO ALL !!!
HAPPINESS MADE EASY------- SMILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ms.Paula

SandraC1983
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
hello mrs paula................

sigh no sign of any relief today i feel like im getting worse i can't even eat .......... im to the point of whats next???!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

ms paula
12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
SANDRA,
I am so sorry, I just want to cry. :cry: I've been in your place so many
times. I wish that the mix of meds I take will help. It has taken me since
1969 to get a concoction of pills to get any relief. my doctors told me
that there wasn't anymore medicine to send me.so that's when I started
mixing and re-mixing meds. til I got relief. after all the trials, I told my doctors,they all agreed that my mix was ok to take. you may have to
make your own mix.
you will be in my prayers, it's hard but,try to keep your spirits up.

Ms. Paula