PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected

sits_inthe_corner
12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

Been feeling off the last couple of days, I go through this once in awhile.

I feel like I'm living in the third person; if that makes any sense.

It goes deeper than brain fog. Emotionaly numb. I have to keep giving myself reality checks.

I'm afraid that what ever is floating around in my head is going to come flying out of my mouth, but it's like I'm watching someone else go through this....not myself.

I feel like someone shorted out my wiring.

KathyW1958
12-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi SITC,
I think I only had that happen one time to me when I was 15 and it was weird to say the very least. It was just unreal. I hope that you get over that fast. I don't know what caused it with me either. It was just weird.

Hugs,
Kathy

Oluwa
12-01-2008, 07:30 PM
SITC....

I was just saying to someone I feel disconnected, short circuited the other day. Too much holiday desserts and starches? Lupus? Flare?

I use to get that quite often, prior to Plaquenil and avoiding all most all sugar daily. Now not so often. I too call it disconnected, out in the corn...Gumby. My body is here, my mind is over there and the two just can get together.

It is a surreal feeling, for me. Times it would cause anxieties within me, because everything felt plastic, unreal. Everything is like I am watching a play on stage with props. I called that mirror reflection.

I would feel somewhat, inebriated and uninhibited in words of being silly...like a hyper child, chatting up about anything and nothing. Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy like I don't know when to quiet. My husband recognizes it when it happens by my words and hyper actions, reactions...

The effect gets magnified when I lack sleep. Ate too much carbohydrates. I use to think it was a reaction to wheat, but I think it is a symptom of Lupus too....I was diagnosed with hyperglycemia, low glucose. I notice the feeling can be associated with the low levels. I have an Accu-chek.

If this is how you feel, I found if I avoid, sugar, wheat...carbs...eat more protein, salads, vegetables, small frequent feedings and ensure I get good sleep it passes by the next day. How is your glucose level? Hyper or Hypo maybe. Ask for a Oral Glucose Tolerance Test....

I hope by morning it passes...I think I know how you feel, and it isn't pleasant...head hugs...

Sleep well, Susan...
Love,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
:shock: Oluwa

I think you're on to something there. I just did a review of what I've been eating the last couple of weeks.

I'm going to give that a try. Back off on the grains and sugar. I've been eating way too much fruite. Some fruite is fine, but I eat alot of it every day.

:oops: and it is the season for really good cookies. I need to be more careful

hatlady
12-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Boy I understand the "third person" feeling. I used to call it dis-associating. Like my head was floating away from my body, and all my "parts" were sort of floating out on their own as well. "Third person" fits it better - not a good feeling no matter what you call it!

Yes, this is the time of carbs and sugar. While LOTS of fruit doesn't do that to me, I'll bet Oluwa's right, the other less complex carbs have something to do with it.

So....go forth and eat good stuff. Whole grains (no processed "white bread" crap), fresh fruit (no fruitcake!), nuts and legumes, fresh veggies.... olive oil (no butter or margarine crap - and skip the green bean casserole!)

OK, now I'm getting hungry. Time for.....chocolate? crackers? cookies? Nope, AN APPLE! :wink:

sits_inthe_corner
12-03-2008, 03:37 PM
:lol: I haven't had white bread in years. I actually stopped liking it when they came out with so many choices for whole grain bread.

My day runs like this:

Breakfast: Honey nut cheerios or raisen bran

Morning snack: dried cranberries, raisins and walnuts

Lunch: Apple and serving of low fat cheese

Afternoon snack: Banana

Supper: regular meal heavy on the veggies.

Single serving of Activa yogart with plaquenil

I have started having a salad at lunch and only having either an apple or a banana; not both in one day.

:twisted: on the weekend I have a weakness for chippies or popcorn.

Oluwa
12-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Still out in the corn, SITC?

Sounds like well rounded meals...Lunch is kind of light though. When does the disconnected start and end?

Maybe just the extra cookies....could be. Oh, look, a cookie...

Or maybe you might be having an intolerance to wheat germ, modified food starch, whole grain wheat, bran wheat.....

Or maybe have your glucose checked....diabetes in the family?

Hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Head hugs Oluwa

My aunt had diabetes but she didn't develop it until she was in her sixties. Other than that, NOPE no one else.

I just seem to phase in and out. My day will start out fine, like anyother day. Then somewhere along the line I feel my self going emotionally numb and I'll have trouble focusing or caring about anything. Just blank. Empty. It ends when I crawl into bed and snuggle in to my warm fleecey sheets. Sigh and blessed sleep.