PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

janet-78
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
hi everyone
my name is renee and im 30yrs old
im married and have 3 beautiful kids
i live in caboolture australia
i was dx with lupus back in 1997 ( september) whilst i was 8 months preggy with my daughter
i got my 1st blood clot in 1998 in my right leg and was on warfrin for 12 months
had 2 more kids ..
i then got 2 clots in my left lung in 2002 3 days after having baby #3
ive been on warfrin ever since then and recently on planqanil for the flairs and also iron tabs

sits_inthe_corner
11-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I janet and welcome,

Sorry to hear about your clotting troubles. Hope the warfrin does it's magic.

I'm on plaquenil and arthrotec, both seem to be working well for me.

I'm sure the others will be along to welcome you as well. This is a friendly warm site.

There's lots of information here.

KathyW1958
11-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi Janet,
Welcome to the site. I am sorry to hear about what has happened with you from the Lupus. I hope that you never get anymore clots. That is so scarey.

My name is Kathy and I have SLE, Lupus and a host of other auto-immune disorders ans you can read in my signature. I will be 50 in December.

It sounds like you have the Antiphospholipid Syndrome with the Lupus is probably why you got the clots. I am fortunate not to have that problem.

I just want to welcome you to the site. There will be others who will come to greet you. Everyone here is so nice and they have a wealth of information. Please keep posting.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
11-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Janet;
Welcome to our family. I hope that the Wafarin works for you. I'm sure that your doctors have completely advised you regarding the precautions that you must take while using the drug. If you have any questions, fears, or just need information and support, please do not hesitate to come to us. There is always someone here ready and willing to help :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
12-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I also had a blood clot when I was 19. At that time, I had not been diagnosed with lupus. I had to quit working for a few years. Luckily, I had a husband who supported me during that time. My Dad, who has Lupus, had a blood clot twice. One time, it went thru the heart and lodged in the lung. He is still with us and is 88. Some people can live a very long life with Lupus. My Dad sees his Dr. regularly, tries to live an unstressful life, as best he can, and has a very good diet. Welcome to the forum!

iseedeadmonkeys
12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey there Renee,

just wanted to say a really big thankyou for posting this web addy on my profile on FB, they are really great on here, and understand everything and always give the best advice, as they all know what we are going through, anyway ive posted this link onto my page too and i will spread the word BIG time of this site, speak to you soon no doubt
love jane xx