PDA

View Full Version : Not so good...shingles

Lula2ya
11-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi all!! Hope you all had a wonderful thangsgiving. Mine was nice, very quiet. The bad news is I broke out in shingles Wed and started taking Valtrex. This medicine made me so dizzy I almost passed out this morning and now have a bad bad headache. Hubby is home taking are care of me. My rheumy told me to skip my mtx shot for 2 wks due to this and said to cut the valtrex pills in half. Im nervous I will flare and about taking this Valtrex at all. Feeling very sad and discouraged. So please pray for me, I'm not doing very well.

sits_inthe_corner
11-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Yikes Lula

My heart goes out to you, shingles SUCK! Been there....owe owe owe.

Keeping you in my prayers.

KathyW1958
11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi
I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you get over this pretty quickly. Shingles suck big time.

Hugs,
Kathy

hatlady
11-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Hugs Lula,

What a crappy way to spend the holiday! My thoughts are with you - we will all band together and send positive vibes - reduction of the shingles and staying flare-less.

cheryl_v
11-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi Lula, been there as well. Keep taking the valtrax though, it does speed up getting over the shingles. The pills are strong, so breaking them should ease things up. Take with some food or yogurts really good. Said a prayer for you to have quick relief. Hope you feel better soon.

Lula2ya
11-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Thank you all so much... Still feeling bad, I will try not to let this get me down. You are all so sweet.

cheryl_v
11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Your welcome. How long have you had it? Mine was 2 wks with that med. May your misery be over soon.

Lula2ya
11-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Just broke out the day before Thanksgiving, trying to rest and praying this goes quickly. How long were you bright RED? I'm miserable and decided to reduce my stress level from now on. I'm doing all my shopping online. I love Christmas but am not much in the mood right now.

cheryl_v
12-01-2008, 06:38 AM
I only had very little rash, more under skin for me. The red was almost a week. Even though minimum rash, the pain was unreal. Stress, I was told, brings it out. Not every time you get stressed, but it does make it come. I haven't had it again since, thankfully. I try to minimize my stress as possible and not sweat the small stuff. It does help on the pain and fatigue of every day life. I love shopping on-line too. Specially since I have a wal-mart card, anything I need I have sent to the house. Unfortunately it will make you more of a recluse(sp?). So I make sure I go somewhere at least once a week. I feel for you, that's a pain I had never had before, different experience I hope to not have again. Mine was on the right side, waist line area. Spine to belly button, the rash only small patch in front and small patch in back. I was told mine didn't look like the "typical" shingles, but with the burn/itch/pain and one side only description I gave was what nailed it shingles. I never do anything typical, so why not that as well :lol: . I kept a cooling lotion on it too help with pain, itch and scaring. In a few days it should start easing up. Those horse pills :shock: do work, they are big and very blue though :lol: . Praying for your relief, feel better soon.

DrinkofWtr
12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
My Mom had the shingles about a year ago. She was very uncomfortable with it. I am sorry that you came down with the shingles and hope you recover soon and don't have too much discomfort.

Lula2ya
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Thank you... saw the rheumy yesterday he said I had a bad case. Of course that is how it usually goes. Things always seem to hit me harder. I'm learning compassion for others in all that I suffer so that's not a bad thing. Thanks again to you all.