PDA

View Full Version : Cold...

Larz77
11-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Is being "cold" a lupus thing? Feels almost like I'm chilling, but I do warm up and I don't seem to be running a temperature. I'm so frustrated with all these odd-ball symptoms that pop up. I was fortunate as I had a decent day yesterday to spend with my family...but today is back in bed and under the blankets...sigh.

I do hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving!

rob
11-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Larry,

Good to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. Had a good one here too. Ate too much, but oh well. I get "cold" quite often. I get chills even in the summertime. Granted, "summertime" here rarely gets above 75 degrees. I find myself turning up the heat in my house to 80 plus some days because I get the chills. Kinda odd, but most Lupus symptoms are odd anyway, so I guess it's just another thing to add to the list of strange symptoms.

Rob

KathyW1958
11-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Larry,
I am glad that you had a good thanksgiving. I guess chills goes along with the gambit. I get that problem too from time to time. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
Kathy

sits_inthe_corner
11-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi Larry,

Get your blood pressure checked. Circulation could be a problem.

Yes that means see your doctor :lol:

hatlady
11-30-2008, 08:58 AM
SITC, you're a hoot. (But you're right - cold can be a symptom of poor circulation)

I'm cold most of the time too - sweaters and layering are wonderful.....and cotton turtlenecks in the summer are not unusual for me. I do think it has something to do with our lupus....and the reason long hot baths are such wonderful things! :wink:

sits_inthe_corner
11-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I took a shower today...and ran out of hot water...and I was still frozen.

lotusblossom
11-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I get cold in the evenings mostly. Like others, I take a hot shower or soak in a tub of hot water, then put on warm clothes, then sit down to watch TV under a blanket.

mnjodette
12-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Cold is my usual state. Right now I'm so frozen, I can hardly stand it. I'd like to move around to get my circulation going, but I'm feeling so crummy I don't think I've got the energy. Layers, layers, layers.....that's a key to stay warm. I've just put on a third layer, and I've got the hood of my sweatshirt up - lot's of heat escapes from the top of your head. Helps quite a lot. (It's only about 5 degrees outside right now, so that's not helping.....) Snuggle up, everyone.

Jody

NoodleMom
12-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I am cold all the time too. I use a hot pack and a rice pack to try and warm up. When I try to take a hot shower or bath the heat hurts my skin. The water temp isnt even that high. My skin looks like I have a sun burn. I can only shower 3x a week because of skin issues as well as I cannot shower unless HubbyMan or my daughter is home in case I fall. I used to take really really hot baths...it was my time.

buddhabelly
12-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Have I told anyone how much I hate winter? I hate feeling cold. Ever since the temps fell, I've become a lazier bum, not wanting to do anything. And because I don't want to do anything, I'm feeling more exhausted, if that makes sense. :? I must be part bear because all I want to do is hibernate. Because of that, I always feel depressed during this time of year. :cry:

My temperature in my room is so high that whenever my mom comes in, she complains that she gets a headache because its so hot. But, I'm still feeling so cold. I'm dressed in sweatpants, longsleeve shirt, and a sweatshirt, with socks. When I sleep, I'm covered in 2 blankets. There are times when I need to wear gloves when on the computer. Still learning how to type with a glove on, its pretty hard too.

My blood pressure is normal.

Saysusie
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Buddhabelly;
You sound so much like me. When I sit at the computer, my feet are slid inside of a heating pad that is on "high". I sleep in flannels with socks, a blanket wrapped around my feet and have my electric blanket on "9"..the highest setting. When I am in the den watching TV, I have a portable heater directly in front of me to keep my feet warm. I am wrapped in a wool blanket. All of this is on top of the central heating being on at set at 78!!

My husband just deals with it....he is my rock! :P

Saysusie