PDA

View Full Version : About Vick's Vapo Rub

KathyW1958
11-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi all,
I found this to be very interesting. I got an email from my sister in law about using vick's vapo rub on your feet at night if you have a problem with coughing and well at first I did not believe it, but I tried it. I rubbed it on my feet and put some socks on and went to bed and sure enough it worked. I am just getting over a very severe cold and yup it worked.

Hugs,
Kathy

Larz77
11-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks Kathy! I've heard of this, but was so skeptical, I just passed. You can be that I'll be giving it a try though! Do you apply it liberally or just rub some in?

Larry

KathyW1958
11-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi Larry,
I just recently found out about the vick's thing and I just rub some on the bottem of my feet and put some socks on and got to bed. It worked for me and I was shocked, because I was skeptical about it. My husband was not to thrilled about it, but he let me do it anyway and it works. It sure surprised me. Hmmm some things are weird and then when they work then it is surprising. I know when I was a kid and would catch a cold my mother would plaster our chests with vicks and that would surprisingly stop the cold in its tracks.

My mother is part indian and she use to make some godawful caugh medication and it worked, but boy it tasted just awful. You can believe us kids did not fake sick and tried to not let her know when we were sick or out would come that medication. lol.

Are you having a good day today? I feel ok now, but my husband and I both woke up at 2:30am and sat up for awhile, because it was raining and muggy and for whatever reason we could not sleep. We went back to bed and I got up at 8:30am. My joints are bothering me and my back so I had to get my medication in me and well I am doing a little better now.

Hugs,
Kathy

hatlady
11-30-2008, 08:13 AM
My sister told me about that on Wednesday - when I was lamenting the fact that I was coming down with a rotten cold right before Thanksgiving. She said it worked for her daughter.

Sadly....it did not work for me. However, my feet were certainly soft and smooth! So not a bad thing overall.

I've spend the last three nights in the recliner, sleeping sitting up. I think I'm finally on the "getting better" half of the cold, but stamina is still low. Every now and then I'll go into a long coughing, sneezing or blowing phase.....sigh.... this too shall pass.

Glad the Vicks worked for you!

KathyW1958
11-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Hatlady,
I don't think tha it took the cold away, but it did help me with the coughing and now yes I am onver the cold. I have now gone into a small flare, but that seems to be easing off some too. I think that the vick's just helps with the cough and yes it does make your feet soft.

Hugs,
Kathy

hatlady
11-30-2008, 08:49 AM
THanks for the update Kathy!

I guess I'll try it again tonight. Tomorrow is back to work, so if it DOES help with the cough, wonderful! :D And if it only softens my feet - well, its easier than a pedicure... :wink:

Glad your cold is better, and that the flare is tapering -

KathyW1958
11-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Thank you hatlady. I am feeling better finally. The past couple of weeks have been a rough ride for sure, but I am doing better. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
Kathy

DrinkofWtr
12-02-2008, 09:11 AM
It must be an aromatherapy type of thing because the Vick's has Camphor in it. I am going to try to research this out and see what I can come up with regarding this.