PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

KathyW1958
11-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi all,
I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving dinner. We had our dinner and my son and his girlfriend did most of the cooking of the turkey and other stuff as my back decided to really start acting up big time. He did an excellant job on the Turkey, My son is an excellent cook. My daughter and her husband and their little baby came later in the afternoon as they went to his mother's house first this year. All and all we had a really good dinner. We get to keep our grandson over night and that is great. Well I just hope everyone else had a really good day as well.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
11-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi Kathy;
I'm glad to hear that your Thanksgiving day was a really good day. I, too, hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
Our day started out very quiet and peaceful. I settled in to watch the Twilight Zone marathon and my husband settled in to watch all of his Tivoed shows that he had not had a chance to watch. My mother was happily spending Thanksgiving with my brother and his family, so I knew that she was OK. We were quite satisfied in our "aloneness" when my best friend showed up around 3:30pm and announced that we were not going to spend Thanksgiving alone, no matter what we thought :lol: . She piled us into her SUV and took us to her house where all of her family were just preparing to sit down to dinner.
We ended up staying at her house until 9:00pm, laughing, talking, eating (& eating & eating), playing with the children, and, finally, putting up her Christmas Tree.
All in all, I am very glad that we did spend Thanksgiving with people whom we love as it turned out to be a very loving day for both of us. As she said, "You may have a plan for yourself, but GOD may have something different in mind for you, so you have to just go with the flow and know that you are loved!" She is, without a doubt, one of the most cherished persons in my life!! Between my family, my friends, and my WHL family.....I consider myself a very blessed person :lol:

Peace and Blessings To You All
Saysusie

KathyW1958
11-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Saysusie,
I am glad that you had a very good Thanksgiving. I think that it was so nice of your friends to take you to their house to visit. That was real sweet of them.

Hugs,
Kathy

DrinkofWtr
11-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Kathy,

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I thought I was going to get out of cooking for once since we went out for Thanksgiving, but I didn't because my boyfriend had a friend over who didn't get to have a Thanksgiving dinner. So I was commissioned to help fix a turkey dinner for the friend!
Well, at least there will be leftovers.

rob
11-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds like you had a great day Saysusie. Sometimes, letting a trusted and best friend "take the drivers seat" for a day can be a great thing. Especially if you don't have to do any of the cooking or dishes! I'm glad you and your husband had such a good, unplanned day. The blackberry pie here was really good. Had both types of pie and got some indigestion, but I didn't care. I meant to tell you, the blackberrys were all picked on my parents property last month. Maine is very much a "shoot your own and grow your own food" kind of place. Had homemade pickles as well as fresh cider from my sisters apple orchard too. Great stuff!

Saysusie
11-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Rob & Kathy;
Yes, I know that I am very lucky to have such wonderful friends and it was great not having to cook. But I did clean afterwards :lol: I thought that it was the least that I could do.
Rob, my mouth started watering and the saliva flowing thinking about that pie...especially with hand picked blackberries. I went out yesterday and purchased some blackberries because I kept thinking about your pie :? They were AWFUL!!!! :rofl: Oh well...can't have everything I suppose!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
11-30-2008, 03:16 PM
That's too funny. Saysusie, when I mentioned the "no cooking no dishes" thing, I could not picture you standing still after a meal when dishes needed to be done. I figured you would insist on lending a hand. Guess I was right! I tried to help at my sisters house, but she promptly barked at my father and I, ordering us to sit down, and relax-or else!

busymom3
12-01-2008, 10:35 AM
We had such a nice Thanksgiving. I had my family over and my husband was so great about helping out. He made a lot of it beautiful for us. My sister has a lot of food allergies, so we were able to try a lot of new foods for us. That was kind of fun. :) My whole family was here and we laughed a lot. It was really one of our best Thanksgivings.

iseedeadmonkeys
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
We dont have thanksgiving here! but what day was it on? x

KathyW1958
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi Isee,
Our Thanksgiving Day was last Thursday. It is a big day over here in the states where families get together and celebrate. It was started a long time ago between the Pilgrims and the American Indians as a coming together and sharing the bounty of good foods and things like that.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
12-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Rob;
Yes, you were absolutely right :lol: I, too, was told to go sit down and relax. But, you know that I did not pay any attention to that at all. I did not stop until her kitchen and dining room were spotless (however, she was able to stop me before I mopped the kitchen floor - she snatched the mop out of my hand and pushed me out of the kitchen!)
I am glad, however, that you listened to your sister (both you and your Dad) and sat yourselves down! Coming from you, I am sure that the offer was so genuinely felt by her that it was more than enough to make her appreciate it and you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie