PDA

View Full Version : Thankful and Grateful - this Thanksgiving time

hatlady
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
What are you thankful and grateful for this season?

I once read that each week you should take time to list 8 things that you are grateful for. When I do that, it truly makes me realize how blessed I am, even when times seem difficult.

I'll start -

- This wonderful community, so supportive, knowledgeable, strong. Saysusie and our Esteemed Admin who keep us together.
- an SO who offers me support, warmth and comfort when I need it
- a job with a wonderful staff who helps me succeed each day
- my family - a sister who cares for her children and our mother, and who cares about my life as well
- a home that I can afford that is suitable for my needs
- a garden that makes me smile year round
- HATS! 8)
- the upcoming holiday, when I'll cook turkey (that I don't eat!), and all the trimmings - which I WILL eat!

SandraC1983
11-25-2008, 03:22 PM
HMMMM LETS SEE IF I CAN'T MAKE IT TO 8 HATLADY

-FIRST OFF. I THANK GOD FOR GIVING ME 25 YRS OF LIFE SO FAR AND HOPE HE GIVES ME MANY MORE.
-IM THANKFUL FOR MY TWO BABIES WHO I LOVE SO MUCH
-FOR MY PARENTS WHO HAVE BEEN THERE FOR ME AND TAKE ME TO THE DR. WITHOUT THEM I PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE HERE.
-IM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE A WITCH OF A MOTHER IN LAW. THAT WITH HER RUDE COMMENTS HAS MADE ME STRONGER.
-THANKFUL FOR MY PCP WHO HAS ALSO BEEN THERE FOR ME AND WHO HAS CRIED WITH ME DURING MY FLARES AND WHEN I GOT DIAGNOSED
-THANKFUL FOR MY HUSBAND WHO HAS BEGAN ACCEPTING MY ILLNESS AND HAS BECOME VERY PATIENT WITH ME
-THANKFUL THAT I HAVE A ROOF OVER MY HEAD.
-LAST BUT NOT LEAST. IM THANKFUL I HAVE FOUND NEW PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND ME AND KNOW WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH. IM GLAD I FOUND THIS WEBSITE. YOU HAVE ALL OPENED UP YOUR WARM HEARTS TO ME . THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH

SANDRA

Oluwa
11-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I am grateful, thankful for…

…my husband, who loves me, shows me in the way he knows how.

…because I need nothing, nor want for anything.

..the world so beautiful, that I able to see it and feel it.

…for the family that is mine, siblings, Momma, Dad, Aunties, Grannies and Pas. I like who I have come to be and I hope they are proud of me. I thank them for guiding me.

..my animals, what loving beings. They fill me with love. When Riley fell ill, and I had seen her resilience, to adapt to her lean, disability. I think of my life, living with Lupus, her adapting, though from an animal, I hope to adopt, certainly a survival act to emulate.

.. .a search out of need, in a search of feeling despair on the Internet I found you and you at We Have Lupus. Giving of your hearts through words on a screen. Empathy and compassion, a gift that is too big to wrap.

…a man, a president elect who has the ability to lift up a nation’s spirits and even more so, a race. Seeing the joy, the tears, and the hope, the pride…especially of our black sister and brothers, which is a gift I am thankful for. Changing the human spirit, what a gift, what an impact.

…for my health. It ain’t so bad, it could be worse.

Gosh, there are more… 9, 10, 11…

Happy Thanksgiving…and thank you for giving a part of you to me.... Thank you.

Hugs filled with love,
Oluwa

rob
11-26-2008, 09:28 AM
What I'm thankful for. Wow, where do I start.
I'm thankful for-

Being alive.

WHL and all the friends I've made here.

Having peace in my life, with no more fighting and hate.

Having my family nearby, and mending fences with them.

My three cats, Sophie, Sasha, and Fuzzy.

Having a roof over my head, and a nice view out the window.

And last, but not least, I'm thankful for all the support I've gotten from
my friends here. And for the responsibility entrusted to me by Saysusie that helps me to begin taking on other new responsibilities, and finally begin to have some purpose to my days again.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Rob

Saysusie
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh My, as Rob said.."Where Do I Begin?"

1st..I am thankful to GOD for allowing my husband and I to be the earth parents of Lauri Amber Reinke-Diggs!

2cnd..I am thankful to GOD for bringing my son through his years of despair to a place where he can smile, give love and be loved.

3rd...I am thankful for knowing our Beloved Administrator, Conrad, who suggested, offered, and provided this WHL site which has become a global family filled with support, love, understanding, compassion, and camaraderie.

4th...I am thankful for being an American, an African-American, who will live to see our next President take the oath of office - climbing the stairs that were built by slaves! (side note: I've been selected to sing in the inaugural choir. We will perform at an inaugural ball on Jan. 19th!)

5th....I am thankful for my husband of 34 years who has always put his love and concern for me ahead of himself; who has been my partner in raising two wonderful children; who has cared for and provided for me to the point where I want and need nothing!

6th....I am thankful to the friends whom I have made in this WHL community who have helped me through hard times, sad times, and who have laughed with me through good times!

7th...I am thankful for the GOD in me; it is in his love that I live, move and have my being!

8th...I am thankful for my dear, dear sister-friends who lift me up, do not judge me, and who love me for what I am and for what I am not!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie