PDA

View Full Version : Back from GP Appointment

Larz77
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Back from my GP appointment. Not much to report. He wasn't going to do much, I asked about the Holter Monitor and he didn't realize that is why I was coming in. I had to set-up an appointment and go in to get one tomorrow am. I'm a little nervous about it...guess I just don't want another thing wrong with me...

Oddly, my palpitations had improved over the weekend, not sure why. Picked up a little today though. Doctor doesn't think it's due to Levaquin or Prednisone and said that it has nothing to do with Lupus...not something he'd expect from lupus. I did talk him into some blood work to check a few things out, including my B-12 thanks to Kathy's suggestion. My Blood Pressure was decent though, you'd think if you had heart trouble, it's be running high. I don't know... Has anyone hear had to wear a Holitor monitor?

I still have my runny nose and my slight cough and overall I feel like I want to crawl into bed and sleep.

KathyW1958
11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Larry,
I wore a holter monitor for 24 hours when I was in the process of getting diagnosed with Lupus. I was having problems with Preventricular contractions of the ventricles of my heart. It doesn't hurt or anything. They hook it up and set it up and it records your heart beat for 24 hours and they you go in and they remove it. There is a recorder in the monitor and they have a cardiologist check it out. They will then notify you of the results. It is not that bad. I hope that everything is ok with your heart. Please post and let us all know how it goes ok. Really though you should not have a problem wearing it.

I am glad that they are doing a test to make sure everything is ok with your vitamin B12 level and I hope that that comes out ok too. I will have you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
Kathy

mnjodette
11-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Hi, Larry. I'm sorry you didn't get any definitive answers in your doctor's appointment. But, it's a step - may be a path to some answers. I wore a holter monitor for 24 hours when I had some symptoms. Probably not related to lupus, and it showed nothing serious. It's a good diagnostic tool, and sometimes ruling out what it's NOT is a first step to finding out what it IS.

So many things can cause heart palpitations. And, according to my doctor, sometimes it's 'idiopathic' or without discernable cause. Just happens....

How are you feeling this morning?

Jody