PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the CAYMAN ISLANDS

tesha
11-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I have had Lupus for some years now. for the last 3yrs I have been in remission. My husband and I would like to start a family. Has anyone been pregnant after being diagnosed with lupus? What was your experience? How do i fine a doctor with experience in dealing with lupus pregnancies?

Tesha

KathyW1958
11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi Tesha,
Welcome to the site. I wish I could answer your question about being pregnant with Lupus. I had Lupus, but at the time that I had my children I was not being treated and had not been diagnosed due to crappy doctors that would not listen to me. There are some in here though that have had a child while being treated for Lupus. Some of them should be on and talk with you about it.

Hugs,
Kathy

sits_inthe_corner
11-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi Tesha

Welcome to the site.

My sister was diagnosed with lupus while she was trying to start her family. Our family doctor refered her to a woman's fertility clinic that had several good doctor's who were well experianced in dealing with lupus.

She now has to healthy beautiful boys (young men now) :lol:

Check in to your area and see if there are any clinics then ask your family doctor to refer you to one of them.

sick n tired
11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey Tesha,

Welcome...I think it is great that you and hubby are thinking of starting a family...now there are fertility docs who can work with you so you can have a little one. Like sitc says her sis is a prime example.

I was not formally diagnosed with Lupus until last year, but I can tell you that I probably have had it for many years. I have been able to bear many children...of course I was not on plaquenil or prednisone, but I was on tegretol...the docs now are considering that problem one of my lupus problems....