PDA

View Full Version : Im still Up and Something came to mind

SandraC1983
11-19-2008, 12:37 AM
During a talk the other day, I stumbled on some thoughts that may be relevant. It is funny that I just have basic structures for my guidance, but allow myself freedom within those guidelines to just talk and let things develop.

I was talking about people who were honoured by society by way of monuments or statues, and it occurred to me that generally we only honour people that have been of service to mankind, and I started then wondering what drives people who do not want to be of service. It is nearly always the acquisition of money and a feeling of power.

There comes a time when the amount of money and the amount of power reach a point whereby you would be able to live very comfortably for the rest of your life, what then is the motivation past this point? We all supposedly understand that we only inhabit these bodies once, and whatever we do, and achieve, in the years allotted, that is IT. When we go, we have to leave whatever we have accumulated here, unless you have the beliefs of the ancient Pharoes. That being you could buy your way into a good position in the life hereafter. {Take your credit card if you believe this}

It follows then that the accumulation of massive wealth, just for the sake of accumulating massive wealth is futile. I must once again clarify my views on money, I love what it can do, and what it enables me to do by way of travel and entertainment, but even at my modest wealth I try and do as much as I can to assist others. I am not driven by the acquisition of money for moneys sake.

I feel sorry for people that devote their lives to just accumulating wealth, with no regard for others. I have found that to be of service and to help others is the gateway to happiness. We can look back in history and find that all the truly great people were of service to their fellow man. I must assume that they were happy because the two things are inexplicably entwined. You give because you want to be of service and that giving appears to fund more of the same, both the giving and receiving make you happy. It appears to be a universal law that what you give multiplies and always comes back to you, not necessarily in the same currency, but always somehow.

I think that this is a very simple test that we can all do, forget about making money forget about you and just see what happens when you give your total thoughts to others. Just monitor how you feel, when you do what you can, for others.

It is a well worn cliché, money cannot buy you happiness, but the route we are taking, will give you happiness, and lead to wealth. The great thing is that you set your own wealth level, no need to worry what others think, set it to suit you. Don't be afraid to set your sights a little higher than normal.

We all have our own internal circuit breaker to our wealth. We have a preset figure that we feel we can achieve, and it seems to work, because we never get past that barrier. It always seems to cut in at that level. This time give yourself a bit of a treat and push your limit a bit further, make your goal a bit of a stretch.

I think that any one who does this and sincerely helps people because they want to, will get an enormous buzz out of it and will be amazed at how the universe reacts to your actions

DrinkofWtr
11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
I think that this money thing becomes a game for the ultrawealthy. Let's see how much more wealth I can accumulate.

SandraC1983
11-19-2008, 04:47 PM
LOL ....................... im wealthy with love !!!!!!!!!

KathyW1958
11-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi Sandra,
Your post is very interesting and so true.

There are two things that all the wealth in the world can not buy and that is love and your health when you have an illness that there is no cure for.

It is better to give then to just take and take.

Hugs,
Kathy

sick n tired
11-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Money? Whats that...I can't miss what I never had...but I am fine without exorbatant wealth.

hatlady
11-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Sandra;

Very profound post especially meaningful for this wildly commercial time of year!

Thank you for your thoughts - we are all rich here, rich in fellowship and the strength of sharing.