PDA

View Full Version : rash?

coltsfan
11-18-2008, 05:58 PM
For anyone who has the butterfly rash. Does it tend to get a little brighter right after you wash your face? I woke up yesterday morning with what looks almost like a mild sunburn across my cheeks. When I wash my face or put on my moisturizer, it gets a little brighter for a while, then fades back to the 'mild sunburn' look.
Thanks,
Robyn

KathyW1958
11-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Robyn,
I don't know if washing your face would cause that unless you are using hot water. I know that the sun will definitely make it brighter if you are sun sensitive like I am. I honestly never really paid that much attention to that to much. The malar rash I had was more of a purpleish reddish color and rough feeling and ugly big time. Maybe someone will come on that can better answer that for you.

Hugs,
Kathy

Oluwa
11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I have the beautiful malar...Robyn,

Yep...it does in H20 or moisturizer...and too if I am in front of the PC monitor or PC TV screen.

If, I don't take my Plaquenil on schedule...it brightens too..

Love,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
11-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Yes coltsfan

My rash always looks more pronounced after washing my face or showering.

When I first developed the rash, it stung and hurt like crazy. I don't know if I've just gotten used to it over the years. But it doesn't hurt anymore.

It's just become a part of me.

coltsfan
11-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey Oluwa and SITC,
Thanks for the input. Very helpful. THe books and websites don't really give enough information. I woke up with it two days ago. It kinda stings and feels hot, but not to the touch. I knew you guys would be able to help me.
Robyn

justdave
11-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Funny I should come accross this thread.

I was outside today for some time talking with someone in the sunlight for an hour, (it was cold out though) and after in a mirror I looked to see if I developed the rash on my cheeks. (I used to get something silmilar as a child.)

But all I got was a small discoloration on the bridge of my nose, like someone had pinched it red purple. I tried to imagine a butterfly appearence on my cheeks, but it was just a red purpleish splotch on the bridge of my nose LOL Very unatractive thought it doesn't seem to bother the rest of the nose.

I felt foolish looking in the mirror, my first attempt to see if the Malar applied to me since I now know what to look for... I thought It didn't but now am second guessing as i learn morn from you good folk

KathyW1958
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi Dave,
The malar rash does not have to be the complete butterfly shape on the face. I would be willing to bet that what you saw is the malar rash. I mean from the color that you describe, the reddish purpleish color. I don't think that you are foolish at all. Have you seen the Rheumatologist yet? Are you feeling ok tonight?

Hugs,
Kathy

justdave
11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
No follow up yet, Dec 16th is when I find out about the secondary blood tests. So I wait and wonder...

Not too bad, earlier in the day when I was out and about I had a bit of a headache, but it passed. A bit tired, flaring a tad, but otherwise okay.

Oluwa
11-21-2008, 12:02 AM
You're welcome Robyn...

Sometimes mine get hot, especially when I am banging on the PC...from the monitor and when I am flaring. My whole body is very warm to the touch when I am flaring...whether in a mild or severe flare.

Tomorrow is Friday..enjoy the weekend.

Hugs,
Oluwa