PDA

View Full Version : pressure pains?

jaideni
11-17-2008, 03:07 PM
when I lay down whatever side I lay on begins to throb painfully and the oppposite shoulder starts feeling like its going to fall off. I try to lay on my back to ease the shoulder pain but then I get the complete backside throbbing its so annoying to have to change positions to alleviate pain knwing that you have to continually do it because the pain is stalking you. I got a body pillow last night it didnt help like I imagined but it did help with the shoulder that I layed down on.
does anyone else have this problem or know what it is?
Im going to the doctor because I got hit with a bunch of new problems and my med combo doesnt seem to help with them. I think its the weather change maybe.

sits_inthe_corner
11-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey jaideni

Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. Glad to hear you are going to the doctor. Something's not right there.

Make sure to write that all down so they get a good idea of what you are going through.

One of the ladies I work with has been complaining of horrible pressure when she lays down or sits down. She cant stand on her feet for very long either.

She's going for scans and xrays. They think she has swelling around her lower back and hip.

Let us know how you make out. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Moxie
11-17-2008, 07:45 PM
So sorry you are experiencing such discomfort. I identify completely.

First, let me say, I have had both hips replaced, so I'm doomed to sleeping on my back forever. Secondly, I have fibro, along with SLE, RA, Osteo and a slew of other stuff. Everything hurts and sleeping comfortably was a challenge. After many attempts at adjusting, I've adapted to the situation by making my bed a "nest."

On top of my mattress I have a featherbed. Two oversized cushy down comforters folded in half are on top of the featherbed. Topping everything is a roomy, deep pocketed mattress pad with my fitted sheet holding the big poof together. My bed is now very high off the ground and heaven (for me) to climb into. I use a down blanket on top of me, which is like a cloud and keeps me warm. It took me a while to work out my particular recipe for painless comfortable nights.

I sincerely hope you find your best solution. My "nest" works for me and allows for eight hours of restful, healing sleep. One person's solution is another's torture rack. Talk to your docs about your situation. They may have the perfect answer for you.

Best of luck.

Moxie

sick n tired
11-20-2008, 10:43 PM
hey Jadeni,

Have you been checked for Fibromyalgia? That can cause that kind of pain...I have that, too...the only thing is I am never sure where the lupus pain lets off nd the fibro begins...

Sometimes a warm bath helps for a little while...sometimes I have to get up and take them in the middle of the night just for a tiny bit relief.

jaideni
11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Thats the second time thats has been suggested so maybe I need to ask one of my doctors to look into the fibromyalgia Thanks oh I like that nest idea Moxie sounds comfy