PDA

View Full Version : Floor cleaning

Furrydog
11-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Have just gone to the shop and bought some cleaning fluid for the floor, kitchen and clothes.

Mopped the floor and done the hoovering and the laundry.

Now my knees really hurt on both sides :cry: Really painful when I tried to walk down the stairs.

I got a taxi back from the shop as well. I just can't cope, am thinking of seriously employing a cleaner.

oopsydoopsygirl
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I put my tree up and thought I had about committed unintentional suicide. My knees were balloons, my ankles, cankles...my entire body was covered in a rash.

This sucks

sits_inthe_corner
11-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Grabbing ya both my the ears...now listen up

Diabetic compression socks...wear em!

Soft sports knee braces....wear em!

Put these little beasties on before you do house work or anything strenuous and ice your joints for 10 minutes afterwards.

Pfft kids these days.... :lol:

Sorry you are hurting so bad.

These things really do help your joints through tasks.

Hope you're feeling better.

Bossy....aint I? :twisted:

oopsydoopsygirl
11-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Once the Lupus is in remission, can I go about my life normally without compression socks, without knee braces? I'm so confused by this disease. I was under the impression that once the Lupus goes in remission, I could be free of flare-ups for years and I will feel normal again. Is this true? Or do you always have painful joints?

I also have a mix of other auto-immune disorders, so I don't know if I'll still feel crappy due to those.

I just don't know.

sits_inthe_corner
11-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Hey oopsydoopsygirl

It's all a process...

At first I was depressed about having to wear the compression socks and knee braces.

I'm at the point where I know when I have to wear them and when I can get away with out wearing them.

Plus, once you are sorted out with your meds you will start to feel better and life doesn't completely suck :lol:

My swelling is fairly well controlled now, so long as I dont over step myself and do too much.

Know your limits lol. Respect your body, and listen to it when it starts grumbling.

I'm at the point where I can even tollerate wearing pretty shoes for 2 or 3 hours at a time :)

hatlady
11-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Remission doesn't mean entirely flare free - I still have days when I just....can't. My stamina will never be what it was "before," but that's fine. I've learned to stop and smell the roses. Let someone else do the power shopping, I'll surf the web. Let someone else mow the lawn - 16 year olds need pocket money too.

Several years ago I decided that one thing that had to go was floor cleaning. We have a woman come in twice a month to do floors, kitchen and bathrooms. What a wonderful difference it made - I'll never do a hands-and-knees scrub again if I can help it. Damp mop inbetween is enough.

SITC is right about taking care of yourself - if you have swelling, the compression socks are wonderful. Take care of yourself ALL of the time, and you'll find those flare - free days will be more frequent. As you learn the rhythm of your condition - and each of us has a different rhythm - life will settle and, as SITC said so eloquently - it won't suck.

oopsydoopsygirl
11-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Oh boy... I thought that once in remission, I would be 'like before lupus'.

I didn't know I'd still have bad days-good days.

:(

sits_inthe_corner
11-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Awww Louisa,

This isn't a very pleasant process to have to go through. Be patient with yourself.

Every one has their own experiance with lupus. No one can say for sure how you will progress. Just remember to take the very best care of yourself as possible.

Eat properly, get the rest and excersize you need and avoid sunlight and stress.

Once you get sorted out with medication and learn how manage your pain and your swelling things will improve.

My sister has been in remission for many years. She does have other health issues that are unrelated to lupus, but she leads a very active busy life of a working mom.

I get by pretty well, even when I'm having a bad day. It's amazing what you adjust to.