PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog Again

DrinkofWtr
11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I seem to be having a bout of brain fog again. Don't think it really improved that much from when I recently had it. Does anyone know of anything that helps it? Dietary or otherwise? Thanks.

DrinkofWtr

sits_inthe_corner
11-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Hugs DrinkofWtr

Sorry you're having a rough time.

If my meds are causing the brain fog, I try to take them close to bed time so I can sleep through the worst of it.

I'm not aware of any dietary aid for dealing with brain fog, perhaps another member will come up with some informations on that.

I find I have to clear my desk so to speak. Simplify my day in order to be patient with myself. If I slow things down abit, I do better. I also issue warnings to my co workers and family that I'm not at my brightest.

They have come to understand that they really need to lower their expectations on my bad days. :lol:

Saysusie
11-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Brain Fog is so common for us and there is no real treatment for it. It may be due to the disease and due to some of the medications that we take for the disease.
Most of us have begun to simply write things down & keep journals and/or reminders.
It is so bad with me that I can say to myself, "As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to call my mother!" In the time that it takes me to finish the post, I have completely forgotten what it was that I had intended to do! I sit and sit and sit, trying to recall.......no good.
So now, when a though pops into my head regarding something that I want to do, I jot it down immediately!
So, you see, we all suffer from Brain Fog. We must find ways to help us deal with it..ways that works for each of us.
Don't be too concerned or afraid of this symptoms. It does not mean that you are becoming stupid or that you are losing abilities. It is a symptom of the disease that we must find ingenious ways to overcome! You are as smart as you always were, you just need prompts and reminders now :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
11-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I have found that when I am very tired it gets worse...there are times that I can't put two words together...I try to picture what I want to say mentally and sometimes it works. Eating a little protein does too.

mnjodette
11-25-2008, 04:36 AM
The 'fog' is so annoying. The husband of one of the women in my local support group bought her a little memo recorder. Tiny thing; records short messages. The idea is that when she thinks of something she needs to do or wants to remember, she can just push the button and talk to it immediately. It's little enough to carry around in your pocket or purse.

I'm afraid I'd lose the darn thing, but it is a good idea!

Jody