PDA

View Full Version : Noise

DrinkofWtr
11-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I have noticed lately that my tolerance to noises of all kinds
deteriorating. Be it street noise, the noise of hedge trimmers and mowers, even the screaming and yelling of kids, or adults, or loud music or TV's. etc. Do others of you find that noise drives you crazy? Unfortunately, where I live, I can't get away from it unless I go away for the day to some more peaceful place. Peaceful places are hard to come by where I live.

KathyW1958
11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi Drinkofwtr,
I don't have a problem with noises, but maybe there will be someone that can address this issue. Have you told your doctor about this problem. I hope that you can get some answers.

Hugs,
Kathy

Sann
11-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Maybe you could try to put some of those materials under the door, by the window etc.. to keep the noise out ? (sorry i don't know the english word... some sort of sponge)

YPT
11-13-2008, 03:42 PM
I am glad to hear that someone else is experiencing the "noise" thing. Very recently, like the last two weeks that I was in church, the noise that the youth usually make sounded like it was magnified 100 times. I actually grabbed my head and got up and walked away because I could not stand the noise anymore.
My husband, God bless him, has a very loud voice. He can't help it. But some days I cannot stand to hear him talk. It sounds like he is talking with a mega microphone. I think I hurt his feelings sometimes when I cover my ears or close the door so that I can't hear him. I don't try to offend him, but he clearly does not understand the extent of this disease.

coltsfan
11-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I have the same thing. I can handle one noise at a time, but combine a couple and I go crazy!! Radio fine, radio and family in car ARRGGHH!

NoodleMom
11-14-2008, 04:41 AM
yes, I have noise issues too. Besides wearing earplugs I havent figured out a way to deal with it. Mine is mostly the noise that my six make when they are all home. But not only are they loud they get wild which may be more the issue than the noise. The noise triggers the wildness with then triggers me to get on them.

K