PDA

View Full Version : Newbie alert

dresbaby
03-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Hi all! My name is Rhonda and I have SLE, lupus nephritis, lupus vasculitis, bipolar disorder, COPD, and CHF and have had 2 heart attacks due to clotting caused by lupus.

I am divorced with 2 children, daughter lives with me, son lives with his father in Indiana, and I live in NC.

I enjoy reading, music, and meeting new people on the internet.

I have been diagnosed since 2001, and the only website I could find for lupus sufferers was also a fibromyalgia site, which I also have, but there wasn't a place called "We have lupus" when I went looking for help in 2001. I'm glad I found you guys, and I hope to make some new friends while I'm here.

Saysusie
03-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi Rhonda :lol:
Welcome to our forum and to our family. You will find everyone here to be compassionate, understanding and supportive.
I am glad that you found us and I hope that we can provide you with emotional support as well as information.
I commend you for managing your disease while raising a family by yourself. I wish you the very best and just want you to know that you are not alone!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

dresbaby
03-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Saysusie and I understand from reading your posts that you lost a daughter to lupus, but do you also suffer from the disease yourself?

Am looking forward to meeting everyone in the coming days!

Saysusie
03-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Hello Rhonda;
Yes, I also have SLE as well as Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, IBS and TMJ. I was diagnosed with SLE 10 years before my daughter. Her SLE immediately began to attack her organs (she had pericarditis, pulmonary hypertenstion and other symptoms) and her heart finally gave out because it was so damaged.
One of the hardest things I have had to deal with was the fact that she died and I continue to live with this disease.
Our beloved administrator set up this forum for me so that I could offer support and comfort to others who are suffering with this disease.
So, each and everyone of you are very important to me and I hope that I can provide you with some comfort, at least!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

dresbaby
03-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Bless your heart. I know it would tear me apart to lose my precious daughter. She is the spitting image of me except she got her daddy's height (he's 6'5") and she's 5' 10" at age 14. BUT she weighs 350 lbs. and I spend more time worrying about her than myself sometimes. She is so bright and wants to be an author. She writes daily online at a site called livejournal. I have read some of her work and think she is brilliant--maybe I'm biased, huh? :lol: She is a member of Curves (weight loss clinic) and Weight Watchers. She weighed 367 when she joined, so she's lost 17 lbs. but still, I worry about too much weight. I'm overweight too, and don't worry about chubbiness as long as you are healthy, but I'm afraid that since heart problems run in the family, she's headed that way, too. Plus we have both are on the border with hyperglycemia (high blood sugar).

Anyway, I'm so sorry you lost your daughter. But I'm sure glad the administrator gave us a place to come and be with others who know what it's like to have this mystifying disease.

Take care and I hope to hear more from you in the future.