PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Evenstar
03-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi,

I would just like to introduce myself to everyone. I was diganosed with SLE nearly 2 years ago now, though I have suffered with the symtoms since I was about 8. Like many of us it took a long time to get a diagnosis and be taken serious.
I have to admit I am having difficulty with the coming to terms and coping with the disease and I just wanted to say that this website has provided me with so much support since I came across it a couple of months ago. It may sound strange, but it is a comfort to know that other people share the same or similar problems and concerns so I know I am not going mad or that it is all in my head. My family are having a hard time dealing with my diagnosis, but from reading posts on the website I have begun to realise that they are not being unsupportive or uncaring, it is just their way of dealing with things. So thank you, and I hope to be able to reply to some posts if thats ok?

Thanks,
C

dresbaby
03-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Hi Carly: I'm new too, but am not new to lupus and chronic pain and illness

If you ever need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you.

Just take it one day at a time!

Evenstar
03-18-2005, 05:43 AM
Hi Rhonda,

Thanks for your kind message!!

I don't know about you, I am just about getting used to this message posting. It's all new to me, I see you have a website so you are probably a pro on the net. I only normally use it for surfing, not communicating.

Hope to get to know you better.

Carly

dresbaby
03-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Carly :D I am NO pro, I promise you. My website needs MAJOR work. My pics are way too big and I need to resize them and then put them on the site.

Anyway, if there is ever anything I can do, don't hesitate to message me.

Take care,
Rhonda