PDA

View Full Version : What does a Lupus flare up look/feel like?

Lupo
11-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm confused as to what a Lupu Flare look/feel like. Does someone have an answer to this perplexing enigma?

buddhabelly
11-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Symptoms of a flare:

:arrow: feel very tired or have pain (I get aches in neck/back)
:arrow: a rash (I usually get it on my face)
:arrow: a fever
:arrow: stomach discomfort
:arrow: headache/dizziness (I usually get these)

There are probably more symptoms that I didnt list, these are what I sometimes get. Everyone's different though.

Symptoms usually flare after you've been out in the sun or after a hard day at work.

Hope this helps out. :wink:

Lupo
11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Bah, this elusive enigma that is called Lupus is certainly baffling.

rob
11-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Hello Lupo,

I have to agree with Buddhabelly. Lupus, and the many manifestations of it's various symptoms are as individual as the person who gets them. It is indeed a baffling disease. There are so many symptoms, and they change in each individual so much that many times a diagnosis and treatment seem impossible. It's an elusive enemy.

But, there are some symptoms that are shared by a large percentage of those people diagnosed with Lupus. Joint pain, rashes, sensitivity to the sun, low grade fever, and opressive fatigue are just a few of the best known symptoms. There are many others though. One common thread amongst many of the symptoms is the fact that they are various forms of inflammation. Joint pain, and costochondritis are two widely accepted examples. Some research indicates that cognitive dysfunction, or "brain fog" as we call it, is also a byproduct of an inflammatory reaction.

It's a confusing disease not ony for those of us who have it. In many cases it's also baffling to the medical community. Unfortunately this can lead to a "diagnosis limbo", or worse. The patient and/or the Dr. think, or know something is wrong, but there is no diagnosis, and no plan for treatment/management is put into play. It certainly is an enigma. Education, and learning to be one's own advocate are essential. That's a big reason why many, if not most of us are here. I hope we can help you find the answers you need.

Rob

KathyW1958
11-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Hi Lupo,
I can't answer for the others in here about the flares, because everyone is different. When I go into a flare, my joints get very inflamed and painful, I get a severe headache, my whitecell count drops, my sedrate goes up and I get the rashes etc. I have a severe sensitivity to the sun and boy that will set a flare off in me big time. I hope that this helps.

Hugs,
Kathy

Oluwa
11-11-2008, 07:07 AM
My flair without Tommy Hilfiger jeans basically sucks the life out of me. Physically, mentally and emotionally. No ride is the same...

Headaches so awful the inside of my head, brain feels like plastic expanding.

The sun makes my eyes feels like I have them pressed up against a light bulb. Even while on the PC, the monitor 75% of time I have to have sunglasses on.

My eyes feel like they are being pushed outwardly. I envision my fingers massaging the sockets, looking for relief.

My joints, elbows, ankles..hips and shoulders...especially the small joints of my feet and fingers feel like they are being twisted like ripping a turkey leg off a cooked holiday bird. Painful to walk, painful to brush a tooth.

My muscle pain feels as though someone is squeezing them, pushing their fingers into them, through them reaching to the bone.

My cheeks, face...get red hot to the touch and swell up from being inflamed. I look like Momma Claus without the gray top.

My digestion, I need a plumber and a firefighter. I have GERD. Times so inflamed it radiates to my spine, shoulder blades and throughout my chest wall. Inflammation is defined here. One can feel the heat being emitted.

I get a rashed out, scabby hinder.

I get chills or I get hot flashes..or both...Lupus is very swishy washy.

I feel no amount of caffeine, amphetamine can strum enough energy for me to crawl out of bed.

Then it feels like I am so wound up mentally I can't sleep.

When I sleep I feel like I was push into wet cement and it set over night. Stiff.

The mental fog is awful I feel like I look like Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Coo Coo Nest after his lobotomy. Forgetful, expressionless, numb, paranoid..out in the corn. Like my body is over here and my mind is over there and two just can't get it together...

When my body goes through such changes, my mental and spiritual state run amok. I get depressed, I lose my creativity, my words...I feel defeated and too that passes. I find ways to appreciate the moment, not the day because for me it is a moment by moment disease.

Flares can last a few minutes, months or years...all we can do is try to prevent, try to manage the symptoms through food, exercise, drugs, form of spirituality. Be open to change, the change in you.

My norm..everything listed above but downgraded to a level four. I can tolerate that level without going mad.

Everyone's norm is different...we accept each physical challenge differently. No pain, no woes is ever too small..the word is chronic. Lupus is a chronic, nagging disease and to keep if from nagging too loud we have to care for our house ( body).... and caring for our house does help the spirit live more livelier.

I am still a work in progress, learning to live with Lupus. Today we, Lupus and I are battling it out, but I am finding ways to combat it. Feeling I am doing something to win, controlling it makes the load lighter.

Hoping my shower with T/GEL and Evening Primrose after I post this is one weapon I can use to combat the indirect symptoms...spreading rash.

Wish me well..
Hugs,
Oluwa

Lupo
11-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I see now that Lupus is different for everyone. Bleh...

Oluwa
11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Yep, Lupo it is..

Then toss in pericardium, pleurisy, costochondritis, organ involvement, GERD, Rest Leg Syndrome, scerlodoma, Fibromyalgia ..secondary auto-immune disease, Raynauds, Sjogrens and etc...whew, we all are different indeed like a finger print.

Happy Tuesday.
Be well,
Hugs
Oluwa

oopsydoopsygirl
11-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Major rash head-to-toe, like hives on top of hives, then it morphs into massive welts everywhere. Goes from the insane urge to scratch my skin off, to burning pain.

Joint inflammation. My ankles become cankles. My knees look like my thighs.

Entire gastro system is on a rampage. I don't know what end it's going to come out of...gross yes! I lost my dignity with this in September!

Muscle pains, so badly I can barely walk. I can't even imagine wearing my heels right now, being able to do my hair, make-up, none of that is possible. It takes me nearly 4 hours to shower, brush teeth... just the basics and I'm dog-tired and aching.

I lost my vision due to a bloodclot in my left eye. Yay! That was an interesting experience.

I have a dry cough, annoying, hacking.

Funny smelling pee. Funny colored poos. (well before prednisone)

Metallic taste in my mouth (that has disappeared)

Fatigue like you cannot imagine. Getting out of bed is such torture. I want to just lay there all day long, all night long...*sigh*

Swollen hands, feet, wrists, knees, basically any joint.

mental confusion? I wasn't sure if that was a side effect of this or due to the stress of this, but let's just say my train isn't making it all the way to the station right now. Frustrating.

Depression... I want to cry at anything and everything.

Basically my body just loathes, hates and despises me right now and it's all at war. But Lupus isn't going to win. Not by a long shot!

Lupo
11-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Eeehhhhgggg! What a list! How long does it last for?

oopsydoopsygirl
11-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I think it lasts until it goes in remission. I was told by my rheumy to expect it to last about a year. However, once the drugs kick in, the symptoms will begin to be minimized. YAY!

I've been on prednisone a week, still the symptoms are the same.

I've been 'sick' since the last week of September. UGH.

ms paula
11-30-2008, 02:26 PM
lupo, oluwa, & oopsydoopsygirl,
my name is ms. paula, I just found this site recently.
I have lived with lupus since 1990. my mother died from it in 1984.
I know and understand what you are going through.
I have already been there -- several times !! if you have good doctors,techs,nurses,labs,then be selfish and think of your needs
first, you can stop alot of the pain and stress. find the middle that you can
handle,with diet,health care,meds,down time,making the bed,doing the dishes. everything you do has a middle,you have to work towards that goal each day.
if your tired - rest, if your hungry - eat, if your sleepy - sleep. you are going to learn that this illness is "BIG TIME" bad stuff !!! but if you are a
whimp -- it will take you down a miserable road that will show you where bottom "IS". don't go there !! if you need someone to be there for you then your on the right website. we all can help each other. I have been to the point that I know what the words; crazy,depressed,loony,tired,lonesome,grippy,misera ble, and yes suicide,
means.but I made my mind up there are other words that can come into play; hopeful,cheery,upbeat,active,socialize, so remember I'm ready to help.
may each day be full of happiness for you all !!!!
Ms.Paula

SuperGiv
11-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Whe i get a flare it tends to be:

Aches in knees and wrists
Lightheadedness
Unable to sleep for hours
When i do sleep, i wake and cant get out of bed
Get cold like symptons
Temperature goes up and down like made
Can't walk very well
Can't focus on things
I get Raynauds as well which hurts when i warm up

Basically, when I have one I snuggle in bed for a long time and watch TV.

But when I'm ok it is important to be active, not too active, but otherwise I'll just become a lot worse i sense.

I think the other thing is the variety of durations people have, some people have years on, years off, mine seem to be 3 day o 3 day off rotations!!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
12-01-2008, 06:20 AM
when im about to flare, AND still in flare country, this is was happens to me

headaches
seizures
joint swelling and pain
backache and neck pain
fainting/dizzyness
leg pain (in the weakest leg, due to 2 previous dvt's)
fatigue and insomnia
hip pain
memory loss
cant get out of bed mode
raynauds in my toes,

but like you said lupo everyone is different,

Lupo
12-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Another question: These different types of flares: are they associated with how severe your onet of Lupus is? Or is " the luck of the draw" kind of thing?

KathyW1958
12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi Lupo,
I think it is more of the luck of the draw type of thing. Flares can be different at different times.

Hugs,
Kathy

Lupo
12-03-2008, 06:34 AM
So, say you have a headache for a flare one day, you could then have a seizure the next day becaue of how unprdictable this thing is?

Saysusie
12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
That's basically the gist of this disease! Your flare could be muscles aches today that lasts for three days, one day or two hours. Then your next flare could be skin rashes. Your next flare could be migraines. Your next flare could be joint pains;

I could go on, but you see what we mean now?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

oopsydoopsygirl
12-05-2008, 04:31 AM
I started on Prednisone a couple weeks ago. I will begin Plaquenil on Monday (waiting for some tests to get back first)... I was feeling pretty good the past few days, so thought the Prednisone is working for me.

Last night I was up all night with the horrible itchy rash which is all over my scalp, torso and legs. My hands are very swollen as well. I have a lot of joint pain in my right knee and I was up all night peeing.

What gives? Does this mean the Prednisone isn't working afterall? Is this just to be expected? Does the extreme peeing have anything to do with anything? Should I call my doctor or should I just suck it up and go on with my days?

Thanks

sits_inthe_corner
12-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi oopsydoopsygirl

Call the pharmasist and tell them about your reactions AND call your doctor...yes yes yes go see your doctor.

The doctor might tell you to keep taking it, but you should make them aware of what's going on.

Call the pharmasist to put your mind at ease quickly, but follow up with a visit to your doctor. :)

Hope this helps.

oopsydoopsygirl
12-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks ... Sits

I should have mentioned that this rash is not from the Prednisone. I've had it since I first became sick with Lupus. The Prednisone was making it feel better though, now it's not.

I did call my rheumy. I'm going in there this afternoon. She is going to start me on Plaquenil today if possible. Not that that will be helping anything anytime soon. :(

She did say that my Lupus was "acute" and it will take awhile to get it to calm down.

I guess I shouldn't have done so much yesterday. It's so unfair having to pay this price for several days just for one day of normalcy. Oh well, it could be worse so I should just shut up.

Thanks

sits_inthe_corner
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Hugs oopsydoopsygirl

Glad you got in to see your rheumy, how did it go? If you're starting your plaquenil ask if it's okay to take both pills at night before bed with a small tub of yogart.

You'll sleep through most of the side effects if not all of em and the yogart helps to protect your stomack from upset. But ask your doctor or pharmasist about this.

buddhabelly
12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
oopsydoopsygirl (that's such a funny name),

I totally agree with being so unfair how we have to pay the price for days just for one day of normalcy. :( I had my company holiday party last night. I did a lot of socializing, ate good food, even did some dancing, but when I got home my body was aching and just felt totally exhausted. The cold night didnt help at all either. We got flurries last night too. Brrrr. I woke up the next morning with a headache. After church and foodshopping, I wasnt able to do laundry, ended up taking a long nap, which didnt help much, made me more tired.

Not fair that I have to suffer the next day from having fun for a few hours the night before. :(

Sorry for babbling on, just frustrated...

oopsydoopsygirl
12-07-2008, 07:17 PM
My name comes very naturally...hehehe.

I've been blessed with two good days in a row! I'm going for a third. I'm hopeful that the Prednisone is working and I will continue to feel better and better. Like you with the cold, I'm supposed to avoid the sun and I live in FLORIDA!!! How's that for a kick in the tuckus? I'm happy that I have warm weather though, I'm sure that helps keep my achiness at bay a bit anyway.

I'm glad you went out and shook your booty! We're debating on New Years Eve, we aren't sure whether to invest in tickets for something and hope I feel good or just to lay low. We've never been out for New Years because I was a Flight Attendant and so had to work every single holiday...now I've got ample time to spare. :)

Merry Christmas, nice yapping with you!

Lupo
12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
That one day of normalcy being followed by ouchies and "whoa my joints" sucks. I bet it feels good though when you do take full advangtage of that day of normalcy, right? :)

oopsydoopsygirl
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I take advantage of every day of normalcy I have. Not sure if that's the right thing or not, but I make sure I'm active that day. :)

Lupo
12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
That is of the most excellent! :D :D :D :wink:

buddhabelly
12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Good days can be rare so whenever one comes along, I take advantage of it. :) I either use that day to hang out with friends, go shopping, clean and do laundry, whatever and wherever the day takes me, I go and do it. Yes, of course, I know the consequences, I can suffer with aches and pains the next day, but, it's worth it. I can't hibernate every day, so when that good day comes along, I make sure I use it. :wink:

Lupo
12-09-2008, 07:05 AM
That rock to get up and go when you get the chance. My quetion is though: Why are your good days rare?
I know it sounds pretty silly, but i'm curious of that.

oopsydoopsygirl
12-09-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm new to this disease, so I don't know why my good days are rare. I'm thinking it's because I'm in a flare-up and it's not in remission. I'm assuming that after the flare calms and hopefully the Lupus will go in remission, I'll be pretty good the majority of the time.

My rheumatologist said I'm in an acute flare up. So I'm guessing that means it's pretty nasty by Lupus standards??

But, I've had three good days in a row and going for #4. I'm thinking the medications are beginning to work...finally!

Hope this helps!
Lanette

Lupo
12-11-2008, 10:18 PM
That's excellent. I feel kinda weird now because when they drained my effusion and I was released from hopitlization, it's like I've never had Lupus. No flares or anything. I'm not complaing about it but's like it's gone into hiding. I must have scared it off. Heheheheh

Saysusie
12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
That is very good news. I am hoping that it stays scared off FOREVER!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Lupo
12-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Run Lupus!! Rawr!! :lol:

Gurkinbabies
12-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Well I have been in a flare up for about 6 months now after 9 months (well 8 she was preemie) of pregnancy.

My symptoms have been:
Severe headache
Rash on my inner thighs
unexplained bruises
frequen urination
restless sleep
severe stiffness of my joints if i do sleep
severe back pain
Seizures
Vaso vegal episodes
Numbness in my extremities
"brain-fog"
Blackouts (i dont remember what i was doing for several hours out of the day)
Bed and water are my best friends
the water taked the weight off my joints

I'm not sure how long it will last but as I said it's been about 6 months and it just seems to get worse not better. Some days it seems I have a tolerable level of symptoms and others it seems a whole new horde of them come on, so because of that I'm sure I have forgotten some.

I'mnot sure if it will help but like i said I try warm baths with Village Naturals Therapy Bath Soak for aches and pains (the lotion is great too) and NetFlix has a movie in thier instant qeue about Yoga for joint and muscle aches somedays I can do it others it's like "you want me to do what?"

I hope it helps and good luck i'm thinking of you.

Lupo
12-18-2008, 09:06 PM
That's one heck of a list! Thanks!

Furrydog
12-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Hugs, hope you stay symptom free for longer.

marylb
12-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Hi, Ok I was wondering if this would be considered a flare up these are my symptoms.

1. I have a rash on my stomach
2. I am having pain in my neck, back, and shoulders.
3. Am also having pain in my hands and they are swollen.
4. had noticed yesterday that my stomach was really cramping and what I call bubbling.

Thanks Mary

Novastar
12-27-2008, 03:11 PM
I really have no idea - I hope I get better at this! At the moment I am feeling pretty crappy every day, here are my symptoms:

-aching hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, knees and ankles
-constant tiredness
-headaches (pretty much all the time)
-swollen joints
-restless sleep
-unable to get up in the morning
-mouth ulcers

I have only just started taking Plaquenil this week - how long does it take to work? and once it starts to work, does this stop flare ups or just make them easier? will it encourage a remission?

Help! I would love to be able to offer advice to others, but as yet I dont know enough about it myself...

sits_inthe_corner
12-28-2008, 04:09 AM
Gentle hugs to ya Novastar

Ummm the bad news is, plaquenil can take from 4 to 6 months to kick in...sorry bout that one.

BUT!!!!! the good news is....once it kicked in it made the world of difference to me.

It's the difference between wearing joint braces all the time and walking with a cane.

Hope you have success with this.

What sort of issues are you having? We may be able to suggest some things for you to try while you are waiting for the plaquenil to kick in.

Novastar
12-28-2008, 06:01 AM
thanks for that...bit gutting that its going to take so long to work, but I suppose thats the cross i will have to bear! (I am having a severley optimistic day today - can you tell???)

I was prescribed some ibuprofen gel for the pain in my joints (not that it works very well - it is somewhat of a placebo, at least I feel I am doing SOMETHING)

and thats about it. my symptoms are nowhere near as bad as yours sound, or indeed a lot of people's on here, so many people have it so much worse than me that I feel bad for complaining...

tell me something though, I know this disease is incurable... does it always get worse? or is it possible it might just go away on it's own?

I was hoping to emigrate to Australia with my fiance once we are married. However this diagnosis scuppers a lot of our plans - I dont want to move somewhere where he will have to look after me all on his own if the disease is going to get worse! I mentioned this to my Rheumy who said that it shouldn't stop our plans, but I dont want to be unfair to my fella...huh. its a tricky one!

sits_inthe_corner
12-28-2008, 07:23 AM
:B-fly: Novastar

My sister has been in remission for over 15 yrs. She's 51 yrs old now. That's not to say things wont get ugly again for her. But she has had a really good run at it.

She's an active hockey mom with lots of running around to games and working full time.

I've done pretty well untill a couple of years ago, and I'm improving with the plaquenil.

I tried that rub on stuff. It didn't work well for me so I stopped using it. :? it was eating the skin off me. YUCK.

You will find that a gentle work out will help your joints alot. Just please dont over do it.

I've found iceing my joints for ten minutes to be very helpful. No more than ten minutes at a time though, you could freeze the joint.

When I work out I wear a tensor soft sided brace. It helps to support my knee joints.

I don't know if you are having any issues with swelling of your feet and legs. If so, diabetic socks help me out alot. They sell for about $25 a pair and are thick, they go up to the knee.

While not setting any fashon trends, they are helpful. I only wear them for an hour when I first get up in the morning. That seems to help control my swelling for the majority of the day.

Lupus is very unpredictable. It does what ever it wants to us. But with good medical guidance and support the possibilities are endless.

Furrydog
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Whats a 'hockey mom'? Keep seeing the words on the news about Sarah Palin but didn't know what it was.

Not from the US :D

marylb
12-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi, I have been reading all of the advise and it all is very good and I am going to try a lot of it, but was wondering does anyone have advise about how to handle an upset stomach. When I have flares one of my worse problem is my stomach starts hurting badly and then I get diarrhea. Any help or advise out there. Thanks Mary

mountaindreamer
12-29-2008, 06:11 AM
I wish I did have advice about the stomach issue. I suffer terribly with stomach pains (jabs in my gut) and diahrea but don't have any answers. I try to eat crackers and toast - keep diet bland while in flare.

Wish I could give you an answer.....the dilemna of this disease.

share a smile today,

Saysusie
12-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi marylb;
An upset stomach can come from many things and before you treat it, you need to find out what caused it. However, in Lupus, an upset stomach is one of the common signs of a flare-up. Also, some of the medications that we take for our symptoms can cause an upset stomach (anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and ketoprofen may aggravate or cause upset stomach).
At any rate, here are some natural ways to try to calm an upset stomach - depending upon the cause:

1) Drink a mixture of 1/2 tsp. of baking soda stirred well and dissolved in a 1/2 glass of water to relieve the rumble of acid indigestion or heartburn. Drink the mixture quickly and repeat two hours later, if needed. Adults under 60 can safely do this up to seven times in one 24-hour period.

2) Eat a banana. Bananas soothe the stomach and counteract the acids that can cause an upset stomach. They are also easily digested and can help ease diarrhea.

3) Drink strong ginger ale or tea, or chew on a piece of candied ginger to relieve nausea. In China, ginger has been used to treat upset stomachs for over 2,000 years.

4) Drink peppermint tea. The peppermint calms stomach muscles.

5) Relax. Take a warm bath, lie down and listen to calming music or curl up with a good book. Let go of stress in a way that works for you.

6) Avoid foods and drinks that may cause upset stomach or gas. Some of these are coffee, onions, milk, cauliflower, chocolate, fried foods and baked beans.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

marylb
12-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Thank you so much for those I am going to try them, I do know that my stomach issues yesterday was leading to a flare up, I work nights and I just woke up (it is 2:30p here as I type this) because my hands are hurting really bad and I have a headache. My hands are swollen something awful and I have a rash on my stomach. I felt really tired last night at work even though I Got enough sleep yesterday, so I am assuming all of this was leading to this flare up Now my question is my Rheumy is out of town tell after the new year so should I call my PCP and ask her about some prednisone?

peacefrogdd
07-21-2010, 04:08 AM
I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago SLE, I never had a flare up until now. So you can imagine im sure how im freaking out right now. Im so glad I found this forum. TY to everyone for posting GREAT info.

serand4
10-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Major fatigue
Pain from head to toe - much worse than usual which is really saying something
Too tired to move but can't sleep -- hurts too much
Brain fog. I have lost entire conversations from my memory. I no long question when someone tells me I said something.
I also have GERD, IBS, systemic fibromyalgia which apparently causes you to feel every movement your food makes as it goes through your system - so painful, so gross.

Hate this stupid disease!

tgal
10-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi marylb;
An upset stomach can come from many things and before you treat it, you need to find out what caused it. However, in Lupus, an upset stomach is one of the common signs of a flare-up. Also, some of the medications that we take for our symptoms can cause an upset stomach (anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and ketoprofen may aggravate or cause upset stomach).
At any rate, here are some natural ways to try to calm an upset stomach - depending upon the cause:

1) Drink a mixture of 1/2 tsp. of baking soda stirred well and dissolved in a 1/2 glass of water to relieve the rumble of acid indigestion or heartburn. Drink the mixture quickly and repeat two hours later, if needed. Adults under 60 can safely do this up to seven times in one 24-hour period.

2) Eat a banana. Bananas soothe the stomach and counteract the acids that can cause an upset stomach. They are also easily digested and can help ease diarrhea.

3) Drink strong ginger ale or tea, or chew on a piece of candied ginger to relieve nausea. In China, ginger has been used to treat upset stomachs for over 2,000 years.

4) Drink peppermint tea. The peppermint calms stomach muscles.

5) Relax. Take a warm bath, lie down and listen to calming music or curl up with a good book. Let go of stress in a way that works for you.

6) Avoid foods and drinks that may cause upset stomach or gas. Some of these are coffee, onions, milk, cauliflower, chocolate, fried foods and baked beans.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Another really good one is to grate an apple (skin and all). Let it sit out for about 30 min until it begins to turn brown. Eat about a 1/4 to 1/2 of it. It should settles your stomach pretty quickly. It works like a charm for me. A doctor actually told me about that when I was pregnant with my daughter

terriaw44
12-31-2010, 10:11 AM
That's funny! Just this morning, after reading a few blogs, I was thinking the same thing! We are like snowflakes or fingerprints! Unfortunately, the uniquiness is definately not an advantage!

Chachi
01-12-2011, 08:09 AM
You have a way with words.