PDA

View Full Version : skin burning????

tootiredtoplay
11-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone, don't get a chance to get on here much...but my nose and cheeks itch serverly(sp). When I it's really red in a flare it itches soo bad. Anyone with this problems???could use some advice, have tried several creams.
Sheila

georgie
11-09-2008, 12:59 AM
g'day sheila , yep get I wet a face cloth and just keep wetting my face down with it , it is lovely ahhhhhh hugs georgie

NoodleMom
11-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I have very itchy, dry skin. Its weird because It will be one finger that itches to the point that it hurts(the skin) and then starts to burn but only in that one spot. Forefinger, back of my hand, a spot on my leg top of my foot.

So far I am not treating it with anything but a steroid cream if I cant get regular lotion to stop it.
K

rob
11-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I have the same sort of itch. Usually on the fronts of my legs, and on the backs of my hands and fingers. It's really odd. It feels like it comes from the inside, rather than from external causes. It is intense, and burns. The only thing I have any luck with is cool water on a washcloth. Sounds like some of you are doing the same thing. It sounds simple, and it is, but it really helps. It cools the burn, and helps me to not scratch it more and cause more irritation.

NoodleMom
11-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Yes it feels like it comes from the inside not external. Oh and cold water or a cool cloth help too.

Kasey

Thinkingrl
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
:roll: Oh my....what's up with the itching? I have the same thing on my legs.....it's like the itch comes from the inside & not the outside. I am wondering what kinda creams you all use? The only thing I've found that even stops it is cool washcloths on the areas. I also get the same thing on the side of my foot. I keep anti itch cream at all times, have for as long as I can remember, but they just don't seem to work all the time. I thought I was the only one who dealt with this strange itching.....

cheryl_v
11-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi Sheila. I use cotizone cream on the red itch I have on sides of my nose. First dose dosen't always do it, but several doses later and it eases up. Cool wash cloth too, as the others. I also use Aloe Ice, its a blue gel for after-sun care. Has lidocane(sp?) and sooths on contact. The cooling sensation is so great. Try it, you can get it almost anywhere these days. Bought mine at the "Dollar Tree", but seen it in "Wal-mart", "K-mart", "Dollar General" to name a few. Hope this helps, may you get relief soon.