PDA

View Full Version : Taking my Uncle out for supper.

sits_inthe_corner
11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I've been a bit down lately.

Tonight I feel good and I'm happy cause I get to take my favorit Uncle out for supper.

He has to have a cystascopicthingy tomorrow. GOOD timing! I'm sure that's weighing heavy on his mind to night, so I get to distract him :)

Saysusie
11-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi SITC;
This may be an evening that is good for both of you, as you've been a bit down yourself!
I hope that you both have an enjoyable evening and that you each find pleasure in the others company!
Have fun tonight!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
11-05-2008, 06:23 PM
SITC,

I know you're probably enjoying a good meal with your great uncle but I wanted to say that sound liked a great idea and was very thoughtful of you. I have found that when you feel down and do something for others it will help you feel better.

sits_inthe_corner
11-06-2008, 05:28 PM
We had a wonderful time. Took him to his favorit restaurant, Swiss Challet. All the waitresses made a big fuss over him. (he's a regular there) They were hugging and kissing him on the cheek.

His eyes were sparkling. He said he figures he'll stick around for a bit (he has been very depressed) I hugged the stuffing out of him.

He's resting up today. I'm going to go over for a visit again on the weekend. He says he has some pictures he wants to share with me :) and I'll let him cheat at crib.

Saysusie
11-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Sounds like his raised spirits also raised yours a bit. I'm glad that you both had a good time and that you are planning to visit with him again this weekend. You may very well be just what he needs (and vice versa)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I lost both my parents by the time I was 30. My Uncle is the last of their group. I feel very connected to him in so many ways.

I feel his sense of loss and his lack of will to go on. I understand it and accept it, but that doesn't mean that he has to feel alone. I wont ever let him feel like he's alone.

At the same time I'm trying not to drive him bonkers. He likes his independence too.

He is very good for me. I always come away from him with my heart a little warmer.

Saysusie
11-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I doubt, very much, that you are driving him bonkers. No one can feel that way when they are being gifted with genuine love and concern!

You are a wonderful, loving niece and I'm sure that he knows that!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie