PDA

View Full Version : Not very well

Furrydog
11-05-2008, 01:55 PM
:( I haven't been very well since the weekend, have pain in my hip and shoulder and feel generally unwell and tired. Haven't been able to go to work and even sitting in a chair on Monday made me feel unwell so had to lie down.

Tried to go to work but couldn't make it to the bus stop. My knee started hurting a lot last night. Have taken voltarol but still feel quite unwell.

have appointment with physiotherapist tomorrow but I don't know if I'm well enough to go. :(

sits_inthe_corner
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Gentle hugs to you Furrydog

I truely hope you make it to your physio appointment, if you do go you might want to swing by your doctor's as well and get checked over.

Hope you feel better soon.

Saysusie
11-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I hope that you can make it to your appointment so that you can discuss your current condition and possibly get some help with your pain.

Please let us know if you do go and what, if anything, was accomplished. Hoping you begin to feel better soon.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Furrydog..

I understand how you feel..I've canceled many appointments due to the disease. Disease that keeps us from our appointments we seek to get well from...weird, eh?

Do try to go, the day may well be worth it. You may learn ways to cope, to mend, recover faster....the exercise, the treatment, may just be the thing you need tomorrow to get you started, to feel better....

I find when I have a new regime, even my spirit shines brighter...a goal to work towards, productive in my own health instead of waiting...

Sending you strength for your appointment through my prayers for tomorrow...

Nice dreams..
Hugs,
Oluwa

Furrydog
11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks, managed to go to the doctor and physiotherapist.

Got a few stretching exercises to do and the doctor told me to take regular anti inflammatories for a week and see him again.

Knee is still quite bad, especially at night. Am trying a heat compress thing to see if it will help me to sleep, but don't want to burn myself by leaving it on my leg all night.

Forgot to ask today, but wondered if I should get some sort of support bandage for my knee to help when I am walking?

KathyW1958
11-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Furrydog,
I hope tha tyour knee gets to feeling better. I know that I have tried stretchy knee braces and they really did not help all that much if at all. I have to use a cane when the knees act up to badly. I just hope that you get to feeling better and out of pain.

Hugs,
Kathy

Furrydog
11-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I wanted crutches as I was being really pathetic :oops: and didn't want to put any weight on my leg. But he said that if I lay in bed all the time and used crutches over the next few days, that I would stiffen up even more and it would get worse.

so have to move a bit more and do the stretches.

KathyW1958
11-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi Furrydog,
He is right about that and that is why I refuse to lay in bed even though my knees hurt. I am afraid of them stiffening up and making the situation even worse. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
Kathy

sits_inthe_corner
11-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Hey Furrydog

YES! Both my knees are shot...I wear a tensor soft wrap around velcro strap knee brace. You can get them at your corner drug store. Put them on and take them off at will.

As much as they feel so good when ya put them on I find after a couple of hours I want it off again.

But they do help alot with walking and when I have to do the house work. For $15 it's worth a shot. I also wear it when I drive. I find switching from the brake to the gass intollerable unless I'm wearing the knee brace.

Good luck .. let me know how you make out with it.

Furrydog
11-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks.

Tried a knee support today and it really helped (although kept slipping down).

Don't know what level of support to go for, should I go for the lightest level?