PDA

View Full Version : supplements? diet?

KAYACKATHY
11-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I have had for 3 months, on Plaquenil and arthritis meds, still alot of joint pains esp after exercise, any specail diet or supplements for arthritic pain? thanks kathy

Saysusie
11-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi;
First, it can take up to 6 months for some people to feel the effects of Plaquenil. So, you may still find some relief using Plaquenil.
There are lots of supplements on the market that claim to relieve the arthritic pain of Lupus. However, you must be very, very careful about taking supplements (especially herbal remedies) because many of them counter-act our medications and some of them can actually cause flare-ups.
Before trying any supplements, speak with your doctor about which ones he would not be adverse to.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi Kathy,

Glucosamine (not sure of the spelling) and omega 3 fish oil. I mentioned somewhere that I was not sure about taking these, until I started my 12 yr old dog on them.

He struts around now just as active as ever, hardly any pain at tall.

So I started taking them, and they do help....but I'm not strutting around. They seem to work better for the dog than they do for me.

mortifiedat52
04-03-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm also taking fish oil, glucosamine, vitamin C, vitamin E, and curcumin... all are anti-inflammatories... plus i eat an anti-inflammatory diet (lots of vegetables, fish, & nuts.. avoid sugar, starch).. does it work?? well, i'm not sure.. i'm too afraid to stop and see what happens...

also on predisone (5 mg/day) and cellcept.. but my hands and feet are still sore, stiff, & swollen most days..

Grime
04-03-2009, 10:17 AM
:wacko: Ok lets makes sure that you know I'm nuts.

I believe that veterinarians know more about the working of the body system than do human doctors. I have also learned this from years of working with livestock.

I can not recommend this product only can say that if it was me I'd sure give it a try. I know what it can do with horses and joint pains. This is the human formula.

http://www.cortaflex.com/forpeople.html

Vets. pay more attention to animals health because they have to figure what is wrong because the patient doesn't talk. Doctors want you to do your own diagnosis for them then tell you are a hypochondriac.

lucky7
04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Ditto to that David!!!! Vets do seem to be wiser than the average human drs!!!!!:-) HMMMM, maybe i should start seeing my dogs dr. on a regular basis instead, then maybe i'd get somewhere!:werd: