PDA

View Full Version : Flares??

Velvet
10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi all I am new and have been sick for a long time and was recently diagnosed with UCTD but of course my rheumy is pretty sure it Lupus but doesn't want to call it that even though I have 5 of the 11 criteria. My question is I just had my baby girl 2 and half months ago and have had an awful flare for a full two months now with almost 24 hour nausea with vomiting at least once daily and flu like achiness and stiffness all through my muscles and joints in my hands, feet/ankes, knees and hips that I just can't shake. I am taking Zofran for the nausea/vomiting but it doesn't seem to be working at all and am not currently on anything for the inflammation even though my last sed rate was a 48. I am so sore and sick to my stomach and taking care of my little girl who is just a doll baby is wonderful but such a challenge trying to be upbeat and playful when I feel 100. My joints are so bad that when I get on the floor to play with her on her activity mat I literally can't get up on my own without crawling over to the couch to boost myself up...I am only 32. Is it common for a flare to last this long and if so how do you deal with the N/V day in and day out and does anyone have any suggestions for how I can start feeling better. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Velvet

UCTD (md thinks it most likely Lupus)

sara akhtar
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Velvet

You poor thing - a beautiful baby girl and you feeling so sick. I have two teenaged daughters so I can tell you what a blessing she will always be to you. She will feel your love for her even if you aren't the most playful mummy at the moment so don't you worry about that :) Have you been back in touch with your doctor? I think hormones can have a dreadful affect on all illnesses - I developed hypothyroidism when I had my second baby and I know that my other achy stuff is always worse when I'm premenstral so I'm convinced that hormones can have a big affect. Your hormones must be all over the place as you only gave birth a couple of months ago :cry: I take 50mg of diclofenic 3 times a day for inflammation and it works really well for me and codeine 4 times a day for extra pain relief - I'm in the UK so I don't know if our meds have the same names though.

Much more experienced people than me will be along soon to give you good advice and info - sorry I couldn't be more help.

Chin up - your a lovely mummy :) Enjoy every minute of your little girl - I still enjoy every minute of mine and the eldest will be 18 in a couple of weeks :lol:

Sarax

KathyW1958
10-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Velvet,
My name is Kathy. I am wondering that since the doctor actually thinks that you may indeed have Lupus, why they have not put you on Plaquenil and an NSAID for the inflamation. I mean your sed rate shows that you do have inflamation going on in your body. I think you need to go to your doctor and ask them to at least try you on Plaquenil. Keep in mind though that Plaquenil takes up to 5 months to get the full benefit of the medication, but it is one of the top of the line medications for Lupus. I hope that I have helped out some.

Hugs,
Kathy