PDA

View Full Version : I over did it...

NoodleMom
10-30-2008, 07:52 PM
I was doing a big project....my first in a long time. We bought apples and I wanted to make applesauce. I juiced them and the kids ran them thru the strainerI taught my dd how to make refried beans and then I helped the kids make carmeled apples.. This was yesterday. Today my arms and legs feel like they are on fire. It hurts to walk and to raise my arms.
Yes I pushed thru and didnt take my nap but I needed to get the apples to a good stopping point. This morning I canned them. Had some this evening.....I forgot the sugar. Arrrgh! Guess we will be re-doing it on Saturday and remembering the sugar.

I really thought I could handle it. Guess not...
K

Saysusie
10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Noodlemom;
Don't beat yourself up too much! We've all suffered the repercussions of "overdoing". Sometimes, we just have to do those things that we enjoy doing. It gets to be a bit much too always have to put aside activities.
But, since we know better and we do it anyway, we suffer :cry: I would imagine that forgetting the sugar had a bit to do with your fatigue and pain!
I hope that the next batch is perfect. Try making sure that you get plenty of rest before you start the project again! Good Luck!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sara akhtar
10-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Noodlemom

Just poor some honey over the canned apples when you use them - they'll be yummy :lol: We all overdo it when we have a feelgood day - be kind to yourself.

Sarax

hatlady
11-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I never add sugar! Love the light tartness without it.

Noodlemom, I'm an over-dooer too... feeling it today as well. We had the last 2 days off, so I did a lot of driving, in and out of the car, etc. ACHE big time today. Plus the weather's more humid - so I thik htat's a factor as well.

Those apples sound wonderful.....may make some sauce today as well! I just cut them small, cook them in a bit of water or orange juice, and leave it at that. I used to run them through a strainer - but don't even do that anymore - I like the bits of apple and peel in the sauce.

luvinmyninja
11-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Wonder if you could bake them in a pie ? I soak mine in sugar when i'm putting them in the pie as a glaze.

NoodleMom
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
HubbyMan redid them for me today.
I usually dont put sugar in either but we used different apples this time. They made great dried apples but applesauce was just too tart. I will go back to my old standby. Now just to remember what it was.

I will be making apple butter this week also but wont put the in the juicer just cook them on the stovetop and then run it thru the strainer. And have HubbyMan help with the canning part.

Thanks for the encouragement...I need it.

K

rob
11-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Apple Butter. Mmmmmm.

Oh, and for the record, tart is good.

(Just my opinion)

NoodleMom
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes tart is good but we like our applesauce a little more on the sweeter side.
:D