PDA

View Full Version : yay it is snowing

Furrydog
10-28-2008, 12:55 PM
:D Nice and fluffy at the moment, it is just settling. I like it on the first day as it isn't icy or slippery yet and hasn't turned into horrible slush.

Will be a bit worried tommorrow if it snows on top of this snow as I have a dodgy hip and don't want to slip.

Hope the roads are ok

buddhabelly
10-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Wow! Where are you from? Its gotten really cold in North Jersey where Im from. Its been windy and raining all day. Supposed to be freezing tonight, hitting close to low 30s. Hope the rain doesnt freeze up. That's the reason why I hate winter so much. I get so nervous driving in those conditions. :(

coltsfan
10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
It's cold here too. I am in central Indiana. You guys can keep the snow, where ever it is falling. I like it on Christmas morning and that's it. I used to love it as a kid. We would get at least a couple of days out of school each year. But now I am a grown up and they don't close work. :cry:
I wouldn't mind it so much if I never had to leave the house. Or get out of my PJs.
:D

deester
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Snowing here in PA to and I HATE it! :evil:

KathyW1958
10-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi,
We have no snow here in southern ga, but it is colder the crap and I hate it big time.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
10-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Well, it was 85 degrees in Victorville California and my best friend and I went to the pool and floated around for a bit. :lol:

Still have a bit of summer left here in the High Desert of SoCal!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
No need to rub it in Saysusie! It's about 20 degrees right now. My handy dandy marine radio says the water temperature in the bay is a balmy 38 degrees. No snow here yet, but it won't be long now. Brrrrrr.

Saysusie
10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Halloween today....High of 82..sunny with slight winds!!! Might take another dip in the pool before the trick-or-treaters show up! Ahhhhh, the life of Southern California :lol: :D

OK Rob; I'll stop now (lol)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

coltsfan
10-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Saysusie,
Why do you tease and torment us non Californians. I have had to scrap car windows the last two mornings. All of my flowers are gone and I have dead leaves all over the yard. :cry:

Furrydog
11-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Am in England, only lasted 2 days. Then all melted and it is slightly warmer now.

Am jealous of your outdoor pools.

hatlady
11-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Saysusie, you're a meanie! :lol:

England's weather sounds a lot like our northern states - no snow here, but the trees are in full color and it is getting COLD at night in Illinois.

Time to snuggle in a warm afgan with a good book and a cup of tea....

coltsfan
11-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Hatlady,
You are practically my neighbor. It is cold at night here too, but the leaves are beautiful. So many pretty colors. I wish they wouldn't be followed by winter though.
It was pretty warm today for being Nov. 1. Hope it stays like this for a while.

Saysusie
11-02-2008, 10:57 AM
OK.......You will all be glad to know that it has been raining in Southern California (with flash flood warnings in Los Angeles), the temperature has finally dropped (high of 72, low of 54) and I actually pulled out my sweats!

So, I will not torment any of you any longer :lol: Well, at least not until I wake up and find clear sunny skies and nice warm weather!

Hope those of you in the snow find ways to stay warm and comfortable. I prefer cold days as the hot summer wreaks havoc on my Lupus!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie